March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA silence on family play and family play fans

Comments

• king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Simanite wrote: »
    They won't release a toddler SP so soon because some people will complain that stuff was intentionally left out of the update to be sold separately.

Good points. I already said in another thread that it is fortunate that no one had to pay for toddlers. One suggestion was that toddlers could be free and an 'Generations EP' would flesh them out but even that idea was written off as unfair.

Giving toddlers away for free is the best idea at this point. Later SPs could cater for them in the future

The idea doesn't seem unfair to me. I'd always hoped they'd go that direction, and now that we have them, I'm even more interested in the idea. Toddlers are so well done, and they have plenty of content that I would feel fits for being part of the base. Then if they included more content in a Generations EP (like outdoor toys, etc.) along with more features and content for the other ages, it's an EP I'd be really excited about. Plus preteens. I'd be ok with paying for preteens because it's something we've never had before. Then it wouldn't bug me as much that teens are the same height as adults, but I would want them to add more activities & interactions that are teen-focused so that they don't seem like mini-adults.

I'm probably rambling and making little sense. :p Perhaps I need more caffeine. Basically I love the toddlers as they are, they're very well done. But, it's only part of the pie. I really hope they will keep this trend going, because the game needs it.

I am not saying that a future Generations EP would be unfair but had they only added just toddlers in with little options and few and then expected players to by an EP then that might have not gone down that well
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    marcel21 wrote: »
    Getting daycare in a mod or game pack would be perfect now for baby's and toddler's

I daycare GP with a new active career would be awesome!!

OMG a daycare GP would be absolutely awesome! That is one of my favourite careers in ts3, I really enjoy it. I remember how thrilled I was when my sims sister was one of the ones who brought her toddler over to be in her daycare, so my sim got to look after her own neice.
  • safersavioursafersaviour Posts: 507 Member
    I have to lend my voice to the chorus saying that one step in the right direction can't be the end of the journey. I am happy toddlers are in the game, but I'd love to see the child, teen and elder stages get more love.

I'm not even a legacy player by nature--I generally gravitate towards the supernatural life states and interactions--but seeing how well the toddlers were implimented has really opened my eyes to how amazing the basic alternatives could be. Not even alternatives! It'd be fantastic to see a vampire sim outlive their children, and for the differences in the life states to affect how that relationship evolves.
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    They won't release a toddler SP so soon because some people will complain that stuff was intentionally left out of the update to be sold separately.

Good points. I already said in another thread that it is fortunate that no one had to pay for toddlers. One suggestion was that toddlers could be free and an 'Generations EP' would flesh them out but even that idea was written off as unfair.

Giving toddlers away for free is the best idea at this point. Later SPs could cater for them in the future

The idea doesn't seem unfair to me. I'd always hoped they'd go that direction, and now that we have them, I'm even more interested in the idea. Toddlers are so well done, and they have plenty of content that I would feel fits for being part of the base. Then if they included more content in a Generations EP (like outdoor toys, etc.) along with more features and content for the other ages, it's an EP I'd be really excited about. Plus preteens. I'd be ok with paying for preteens because it's something we've never had before. Then it wouldn't bug me as much that teens are the same height as adults, but I would want them to add more activities & interactions that are teen-focused so that they don't seem like mini-adults.

I'm probably rambling and making little sense. :p Perhaps I need more caffeine. Basically I love the toddlers as they are, they're very well done. But, it's only part of the pie. I really hope they will keep this trend going, because the game needs it.

Absolutely agree. Now that we have toddlers, I want a generations EP like now! I don't care about anything else at the moment. I hope that they have considered it or are working on it now.

They really need to change the dynamics of the younger ages to reflect actual children and teens. Every sim seems the same because they all do the same things over and over. If kids could play more and socialize in group circles less, that would make that stage feel more unique.

Teens are a bit harder for me because in real life, at least my experience of it, teens are just eager to grow up. They have wild mood swings, think everyone hates them, listen to music nonstop, and rebel a lot. It seems harder to quantify that through gameplay. I would like to see sleepovers, hangouts for teens like and arcade lot or burger joint lot. I'd like for them to be able to get into trouble and not be like perfect all the time.

And while we're on that subject, I still want their upbringing to effect their entire lives. I love that you can lecture toddlers for misbehaving...Now add that for children and teens. Actually give them misbehaving interactions. And what does it all mean? For toddlers, there is an interaction to praise. Does it have any effect on behavior? Do they keep doing bad things if you praise bad behavior? Can it be that way for all children. Sometimes I just want some really bratty kids running around the neighborhood. LoL
  • sweety_blondysweety_blondy Posts: 117 Member
    @Mstybl95 you could select "Lecture for Misbehaviour" for children and teens before toddlers came out. It's under the Mean category. I don't like to use it because it can sometimes severely damage the relationship between parent and child.
    Origin id: LunaLycaon
    Simming since the beginning ;)
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    I have posted my school ideas into a thread :smile: Feel free to post in it if anyone is interested. It is in the TS4 GD at the moment
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • ThrippaThrippa Posts: 678 Member
    One of the things I didn't like about Sims 3 was being unable to opt some teens out of rebellious behavior. We aren't all rebels at that age, and certain families I didn't want to suffer the disruption and bad feelings that went with it. As an optional trait, great. Sims 2 just had Wants to do stuff like sneak out, which was better because the player had the option to act on it or not. Rebellious whims I'd be fine with.

Will be experiencing teens in Sims 4 soon, Julila is about to age up, probably about the same time as her brother hits toddlerhood. The Tryits -Jason, Julie and Julila - having breakfast prior to John's arrival:
    01-15-17_8-45-43nbspPM.png

Julie getting ready to spray the monster under the bed. Does this thing have to come back every night?
    01-15-17_9-30-30nbspPM.png

And John in his new nursery:
    01-15-17_10-19-06nbspPM.png

• GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,612 Member
    Been seeing people comment that they think this thread will be closed, it will not. While some of the conversation was previously focused around the lack of Toddlers in Sims 4 the majority of this thread is a place for family players to share what is going on in their games and to voice their opinions on what they feel is missing for their play style.

So please keep conversation in this focused on the topic of family play and do not attempt to derail the thread :)

Have a great night everyone!

Hi @SimGuruDrake ,

May I ask why the thread was moved from Feedback to General Discussion?
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
    @Mstybl95 you could select "Lecture for Misbehaviour" for children and teens before toddlers came out. It's under the Mean category. I don't like to use it because it can sometimes severely damage the relationship between parent and child.

I had no clue! Well, then it is mislabeled because it isn't mean if it is for the well-being of the child. Kids should definitely get a negative buff for it, but it shouldn't overall be mean and cause their relationship score to go down like that. Anyhow...what exactly do kids and teens do that they should get reprimanded for anyway?

*scurries off to make a mod*
  • crockatailcrockatail Posts: 312 Member
    edited January 2017
    Yesterday I decided after I made back up copy for Sims 3 Mods and and the CCs that I had,To unstalled Sims 3 where at a later date to installed on my late sister's laptop once my remaining sister make copies of my late sister and her widower's business recorders and transfer them to her pc. Then re-installed Sims 4 onto my laptop and added a few mods to stop both type of culling,and play my Thompson's family from Sims 2 and Sims 3 and I found my enjoyment in the Sims 4. Now I'll slowly buy and added all the packs I'd refused to buy ( except for the Vampies pack since I'm not into Vampires at all) but those who likes them go ahead and make the Sims 4 your game as I'll make Sims 4 in my style.
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    To7m wrote: »

It depends on what is in the pack. If there are new diaper changing options and animations, more interactions between child and toddler, teen and toddler so on... I'd be willing to pay £8. I spend more than that a day on lunch.

--T

Mm I'd be willing to pay any amount for new toddler stuff, but people WILL complain no matter what is in it.
  • BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    To7m wrote: »

It depends on what is in the pack. If there are new diaper changing options and animations, more interactions between child and toddler, teen and toddler so on... I'd be willing to pay £8. I spend more than that a day on lunch.

--T

Mm I'd be willing to pay any amount for new toddler stuff, but people WILL complain no matter what is in it.

You are so right, it seems others will complain no matter what, so I for one am just being happy with what we did get so far, even if a lot of it is not My game style, but I do thank them for adding Vampires, which is one of My game play styles, :)
  • bythedreadwolfbythedreadwolf Posts: 832 Member
    Free the babies is defo a worthy goal! Hopefully with less funds diverted for overdue content they'll have more room to go back and make things work better overall :)

Here's hoping! I'm still waiting for your suggestions on my "baby thread" I made a while back. :tongue: I just bumped it up because I honestly feel like the babies really need some attention now more than ever, with the toddlers being so well developed and having so much attention to detail, babies don't even feel like a lifestage. :( I think we really need to stick together on this one and hope the sims team will listen. We have the best toddlers to date (at least I think so), so why not have the best babies too? Family play is definitely not all about toddlers so I really hope EA isn't thinking they did their part by giving us toddlers and that's that (the fact that this thread is back on discussion is really weird). While I am over the moon with them (and finally having fun playing this game) it will come to a point where I will age my toddlers and have new babies, and that's when the lackluster babies, kids and teens will hit me in the face again and make me sad.

Oh sorry lovely! Can you link me please and I'll jot some ideas down for you? :) I'm always more than happy to lend support! <3

I'm loving everyone's pictures. So cute <3

Haha, no worries, I created it a few months ago, you were the first to comment. :smiley:http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/880991/babies-are-sims-too-ideas-to-improve-this-lifestage/p1

Since I bumped the thread some people are already leaving not very nice comments in there. :( I don't get why some feel the need to go into threads that are about things they don't like and leave (sometimes offensive) comments just to say how much they don't like that thing. I remember this happening in the Toddlers Ideas thread where people would start saying how much they hated toddlers and didn't want them added to the game. Sigh. People sometimes.

I agree 100%. Even though toddlers are very well done, they need more activities/interactions in the future. And not only that, but a Generations pack obviously wouldn't focus only on toddlers, but also on all the other lifestages and improve family play in general. I don't get when people say Generations isn't a big enough theme to be an expansion pack. There are SO many things they can add to a Generations EP that could actually fit 2 or 3 EPs. Specially when babies, kids and teenagers are lacking so many unique interactions and activities. They could add objects and more interactions to babies (baby mats, changing tables, bath in sink), so many more things they can do with toddlers, specially now that they are more grown up (I definitely want playground objects for toddlers. And kiddie pools!), not to mention children (jump rope, tree houses, play tag, hide and seek, hopscotch, bake sale, lemonade stands, sleepovers). And while it stills bugs me how teenagers are so similar to adults, I also wouldn't mind it so much if they would give us preteens. Not only to make that transition from child to teenager more fluid in terms of height, but also in behavior. Preteens can sort of be like the teenagers from past games (acne, mood swings, sneak out, getting grounded, first crush). The teenagers we have now are past that phase. Just like toddlers, they are more grown up from the teenagers we are used to. They can wooh- sorry, "mess around" and even drink like adults. I still want to see them improved though. I think they need an optional grounding system (not all parents are ok letting their teenagers just wander around at night, go to clubs and drink their butts off) and we still need some unique teenager things like prom, teen hangouts, maybe once an University EP comes out, we can start preparing our teens to go to university, have good grades to enter good schools, graduate high school, etc. And that's only a few ideas for the youngest lifestages. Pregnancy can still be improved (ultrasounds, baby showers!) as well as weddings (honeymoon, wedding gifts, choosing bridemaids/groomsmen) and elders (canes, knitting). We need more family games/activities (puzzles, pictionary, bingo, picnics) and events (funeral, family reunion, engagement party, bachelor party, baby shower, slumber party for kids and preteens. (that's a lot of events I know, but I need them all!!). Hmm, maybe I should do a full list...
    I took my family to a gym I created. I selected the group swim here together option...little tot got the edge of the pool. I swear, I was so excited I thought he was going to jump in! He stopped and waived his hands. :(

I wish the baby could jump in with a teen or older and learn to swim. Ooooh...toddler swim classes anyone? While mom is doing Yoga and dad is lifting, tot is learning to swim!
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited January 2017
    @sparkfairy1 I'd also more than gladly pay for a Generations EP even though we have toddlers now. So many great things to add still, and elders & teens need a bit of TLC too :D
    @Mstybl95 Oww I love the idea of swim classes for toddlers! That's so cute :love:
  • DivineHysteriaDivineHysteria Posts: 732 Member
    Hey spark!

Its been about a year since i posted in here but yes, my family play is rich and extremely fun (challenging now with toddlers being a hand full).

And don't even get me started on raising twins with children. The house is never quiet lol.

xo0yscju
    Hey spark!

Its been about a year since i posted in here but yes, my family play is rich and extremely fun (challenging now with toddlers being a hand full).

And don't even get me started on raising twins with children. The house is never quiet lol.

I tested toddlers with triplets. That was a bit much :o

I'm glad you are enjoying your family play @DivineHysteria :)

@Mstybl95 what a great idea! Yes please! :)

I'm glad people are so happy with the tots that they are willing to invest further. That's a great sign :)

Yep. I had given up. I even stopped visiting this forum for a long time. I don't know what made me pop in the day toddlers were released, but I'm glad I did considering this was a long weekend for me to play. And I bought my missing packs and have been having so much fun with my family. I am replaying the first family I ever created for this game as I intended them to start. With a toddler. :smiley:
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited January 2017
    I am currently playing with SIX toddlers. (I had 7 originally, but I wanted to make room for a future husband in my sim's life.)

I have a few Fussy and a few Clingy, an Independent, and the rest Angelic.

My goodness, those Clingy and Fussy ones really are desperate for attention, lol! I had to end up locking the door of their caregiver so the caregiver can finally get some sleep!

Both the Clingy and Fussy ones were constantly looking for her and waking her up and crying for attention. Even without the nightmares and even with their needs mostly in the green.

Wow, I just love the challenges these tots bring, even if it gets a bit chaotic at times. :smile:

I would love more toddler content and Generations content for multiple lifestages. Take my money, EA!!! *throws money at EA in desperate attempt of something toddler-related or Generations-related dropping out*
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • JordojordJordojord Posts: 578 Member
    Maybe EA are already hard at work on adding toddlers in and just keeping it a secret...

I am currently holding on in the hope that they are working on them and will bring them out of the hat for a patch or the first EP. If the first EP comes out and there are no toddlers by then, my hopes will cave as I can't see them waiting any longer than that. And that will be the end of TS4 for me :'(

My Top Picks for an EP:
    University
    Seasons
    Bonvoyage style (Loved those hotels)
  • JosabellJosabell Posts: 58 Member
    I think there will probably be some type of family play gp in the future
  • klovesjenklovesjen Posts: 361 Member

Yes!

...Toddlers are so well done, and they have plenty of content that I would feel fits for being part of the base. Then if they included more content in a Generations EP (like outdoor toys, etc.) along with more features and content for the other ages, it's an EP I'd be really excited about. Plus preteens. I'd be ok with paying for preteens because it's something we've never had before. Then it wouldn't bug me as much that teens are the same height as adults, but I would want them to add more activities & interactions that are teen-focused so that they don't seem like mini-adults.

• Sc3niXSc3niX Posts: 2,468 Member
    I am currently playing with SIX toddlers. (I had 7 originally, but I wanted to make room for a future husband in my sim's life.)

I have a few Fussy and a few Clingy, an Independent, and the rest Angelic.

My goodness, those Clingy and Fussy ones really are desperate for attention, lol! I had to end up locking the door of their caregiver so the caregiver can finally get some sleep!

Both the Clingy and Fussy ones were constantly looking for her and waking her up and crying for attention. Even without the nightmares and even with their needs mostly in the green.

Wow, I just love the challenges these tots bring, even if it gets a bit chaotic at times. :smile:

I would love more toddler content and Generations content for multiple lifestages. Take my money, EA!!! *throws money at EA in desperate attempt of something toddler-related or Generations-related dropping out*

The fussy tots are the worst! I can manage the clingy one, they're actually so sweet as long as they get to be around mommy or daddy. But the fussy one, I had one and I don't want one again haha.

I would like some more activities for teens and children though. I often find myself not knowing what to do with them, so I make them play that llama game. Or I just make more babies lol :P
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top