Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Need Help With MC Command Center? Ask *HERE*! **INACTIVE THREAD**

Comments

• luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    turbo4568 wrote: »
    I have a problem. After enabling script mods, all of my male sims seemed to disappear. This is the second time this has happened to me and the first time I fixed it, but this time I saved by accident. Am I able to get them back or will I have to start a different game? Thank you so much.

That's usually not an MCCC issue but a different mod that we're not allowed to name on this site. Check all your mods for updates.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • EIisabettaEIisabetta Posts: 5,708 Member
    Here's a weird/funny one. I'm using 3.0.4.c that was updated yesterday (just downloaded and installed it about two hours ago, in fact). I decided to let MC fill clubs and, lo and behold, a toddler was chosen to fill Powerhouse and another toddler was chosen to fill a gardening club slot. So.... yeah. That might need to be fixed. I'm going to turn off the option to fill clubs for now but, this is pretty hilarious.
    moxiegraphix on Origin
  • CrazyboutTheSimsCrazyboutTheSims Posts: 2,739 Member
    edited January 2017
    I have the lastest version of mccc its 3.0.4A .. I took my sims to cas and when they returned my pregnant sim was missing from the family.. is this a problem with this mod? I wanted my sim to continue aging while pregnant is that it?
  • SimsALaClaudiaSimsALaClaudia Posts: 9 New Member
    @Bonxie both boxes are checked but when I go to the Mods list, there's nothing there
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    I have the lastest version of mccc its 3.0.4A .. I took my sims to cas and when they returned my pregnant sim was missing from the family.. is this a problem with this mod? I wanted my sim to continue aging while pregnant is that it?

I believe the latest version of the mod is 3.0.4C - so if you have version 3.0.4A, I'm not surprised you're having issues.
  • BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,694 Member
    edited January 2017
    @Bonxie both boxes are checked but when I go to the Mods list, there's nothing there

Understood - then obviously MC is not loaded by the game. Most probably reason is that the files are in the wrong location.
    1. On a Mac the default file path is <./Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4>. This could be changed by the user but I assume you didn't change anything.
    2. Inside the "The Sims 4" folder there must be a subfolder named "Mods", containing at least one file: 'Resource.cfg'. Maybe there are some others if you are using mods and CC.
    3. Your unzipped MC files have to be placed in this folder: <./Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4/Mods>. Please make sure that regarding MC only the *.ts4script and *.package files are in this folder. The Zip-File from the download must not be there. Again the file location could be changed by the user, but to keep things simple I will leave it at that for the time being.

Please open your Finder and check whether everything is configured the way I explained above.

In the end it should look like this (link). It's a screenshot from a previous release so please don't be confused by the outdated time stamps.

Edit: Sorry, wrong link to pic. Fixed.

Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.

Please download the newest version 3.0.4C from the MC webpage (link).

Please be aware, that now after the 1.26 patch a lot of things could be changed during further development. At the moment we don't have a final MCCC Version for this patch level, only the hot fixes (for the time being 3.0.4C) to keep the mod in a more or less stable working state. You may call it 'emergency mode'. ;)

• SimsALaClaudiaSimsALaClaudia Posts: 9 New Member
    @Bonxie it's all the same.. unfortunately it's still not working..
    @Bonxie it's all the same.. unfortunately it's still not working..

This is really strange - almost unbelievable.

Could you please tell me
    • the patch version of your game. You can find it in the lower left corner of the main menu screen. If you have already the toddlers in your game, it's 1.26 ;)
    • the MC version you have downloaded. Look at the file name of the zip-file, it's something like 'McCmdCenter_AllModules_3_0_4.zip' with 3_0_4 as versioning.
    • the language you are using in your game.

Thanks!
  • egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    EIisabetta wrote: »
    Here's a weird/funny one. I'm using 3.0.4.c that was updated yesterday (just downloaded and installed it about two hours ago, in fact). I decided to let MC fill clubs and, lo and behold, a toddler was chosen to fill Powerhouse and another toddler was chosen to fill a gardening club slot. So.... yeah. That might need to be fixed. I'm going to turn off the option to fill clubs for now but, this is pretty hilarious.

Toddlers are not yet being supported or even considered AT ALL by MC. That will be added when 3.1.0 comes out, which Deaderpool is hoping to do before vampires join us on Jan 24. 3.0.4 et al are to stabilize things back to 3.0.3 working functionality for those of us who updated for toddlers. We're now on 3.0.4c, as was mentioned above.

Toddlers are coming to MC, but, remember when apartments first landed? Mailbox support wasn't there then in San Myshuno... same deal here. Incoming, just, not yet. We're still in hotfix mode, AFAIK.

Patreon folks can use 3.1.0 now. I don't, just because I know better than to use one version and be trying to help with another. I'm not THAT together. At all. Haha!!

They've probably just thrown toddlers into some generic "dependent" category with kids and teens... one size fits all, remember? This seems like it'll be on EA to fix, not Deaderpool, honestly.

We'll see who gets to it first. ;)
    NRowe wrote: »
    Thanks to the helpful people that are working on MC -and on answering our questions.
    Hopefully a simple one. Is there a way to make a Sim days (like a Sim week or so) older? I'm embarking on a rotational game and want my brand new Sim to be fairly close in age to his future wife. I've already played her for two game weeks.

If you let her get pregnant she'll stop aging for 3 (4?) days, he could catch up a little that way. If MC's Set Age isn't working, you could take them into CAS and adjust their ages. I recommend going up to adult and back down to young adult, if that's where you are... going down to teen loses you a trait and could be "interesting" to fix. Y'know?

Start them both from ground zero, that's my best suggestion.
    ElenFoth99 wrote: »
    My game doesn't seem to recognise that I've installed MC. I followed the instructions on the MTS page, and my mods folder looks exactly like the screenshot provided. I have allowed scripts in the game options but still nothing. Help?

Have you looked through the Troubleshooter PDF?

My first thought is, there are 2 "mods" boxes in game options... are they BOTH green?

What's your game version and MC version?

Windows or Mac?

I have looked through the PDF and both mods boxes are checked.

I'm playing on PC. Game is up to date and downloaded the most recent version of MC.

Have you tried putting MC directly into /Mods instead of in a subfolder? That's worked for at least one other player, since the update. I don't have a clue why that would be a thing, but, it's not going to hurt to try it.
    My game doesn't seem to recognise that I've installed MC. I followed the instructions on the MTS page, and my mods folder looks exactly like the screenshot provided. I have allowed scripts in the game options but still nothing. Help?

My first thought is, there are 2 "mods" boxes in game options... are they BOTH green?

Windows or Mac?

I'm playing on PC. Game is up to date and downloaded the most recent version of MC.

Have you tried putting MC directly into /Mods instead of in a subfolder? That's worked for at least one other player, since the update. I don't have a clue why that would be a thing, but, it's not going to hurt to try it.

Isn't a thing for all script mods? The game doesn't read those in subfolders.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    @Bonxie I did everything you listed.. still not working..

Try what I suggested just now, putting all of MC into your /Mods folder.

And another idea for both of you, it probably wouldn't hurt between game loads, to MOVE your /Mods/Resource.cfg file to your Desktop, and let the game make a new one as it loads.

Windows or Mac?

It will ONE deep, though, still, right? /Mods/MC? BUT, that isn't working now for some people. Mine's working fine still foldered... but I've seen more than one person with this going on, too.

Toddlers are not yet being supported or even considered AT ALL by MC. That will be added when 3.1.0 comes out, which Deaderpool is hoping to do before vampires join us on Jan 24. 3.0.4 et al are to stabilize things back to 3.0.3 working functionality for those of us who updated for toddlers. We're now on 3.0.4c, as was mentioned above.

Toddlers are coming to MC, but, remember when apartments first landed? Mailbox support wasn't there then in San Myshuno... same deal here. Incoming, just, not yet. We're still in hotfix mode, AFAIK.

Patreon folks can use 3.1.0 now. I don't, just because I know better than to use one version and be trying to help with another. I'm not THAT together. At all. Haha!!

They've probably just thrown toddlers into some generic "dependent" category with kids and teens... one size fits all, remember? This seems like it'll be on EA to fix, not Deaderpool, honestly.

We'll see who gets to it first. ;)

The funny part about it is you can't manually choose clubs for toddlers ( I tried after seeing three added to various clubs via the alarm ha ha). So it was pretty hilarious to see it happening when the alarm ran. I'd suggest folks disable that part if they use it so they don't end up with toddlers in clubs. But DP may have to put that into MC functionality if it persists, otherwise the fill clubs functionality of the module will end up fairly useless, you know? Anyway, I was just reporting it (plus, as I said, HILARIOUS to see a toddler in Powerhouse). I peeked into the thread on MTS but it moves so fast, I get cross-eyed after a few minutes.
    moxiegraphix on Origin
    edited January 2017
    Also there's probably going to be another patch sooner rather than later for the vampire game pack which will probably futz things up all over again. I feel for these modders. That reminds me, I should go join this patreon and show DP some love for all the work he does.

ETA: And thanks to you guys for keeping up with this thread and answering all our questions!
    moxiegraphix on Origin
    edited January 2017

Windows or Mac?

It will ONE deep, though, still, right? /Mods/MC? BUT, that isn't working now for some people. Mine's working fine still foldered... but I've seen more than one person with this going on, too.

I've only ever put it in Mods, not one deeper. my understanding had been that no script mods could do that. Maybe the game was reading it that way for a while for some people anyway? I dunno.
    Also there's probably going to be another patch sooner rather than later for the vampire game pack which will probably futz things up all over again. I feel for these modders. That reminds me, I should go join this patreon and show DP some love for all the work he does.

ETA: And thanks to you guys for keeping up with this thread and answering all our questions!

@SimGuruMegs said on Twitter that there isn't another patch coming before Vampires. (Which I suppose is why the teeth, skins, etc. are already there.)
    edited January 2017
    The funny part about it is you can't manually choose clubs for toddlers ( I tried after seeing three added to various clubs via the alarm ha ha). So it was pretty hilarious to see it happening when the alarm ran. I'd suggest folks disable that part if they use it so they don't end up with toddlers in clubs. But DP may have to put that into MC functionality if it persists, otherwise the fill clubs functionality of the module will end up fairly useless, you know? Anyway, I was just reporting it (plus, as I said, HILARIOUS to see a toddler in Powerhouse). I peeked into the thread on MTS but it moves so fast, I get cross-eyed after a few minutes.

I told @Deaderpool what you found out so far about this issue. Here is his answer:
    Deaderpool wrote:
    Should already be fixed with 3.1.0!

There is already a stable 3.1.0 RC at Patreon. I think we can expect offical release within the next days.

The future is bright! :)

Have Fun!

@SimGuruMegs said on Twitter that there isn't another patch coming before Vampires. (Which I suppose is why the teeth, skins, etc. are already there.)

That's good to know! They usually patch right before a game pack so ... you know. That should be a relief to the modders who just updated everything from the toddler patch (or are in the process of updating).
    moxiegraphix on Origin

Windows or Mac?

I've only ever put it in Mods, not one deeper. my understanding had been that no script mods could do that. Maybe the game was reading it that way for a while for some people anyway? I dunno.

I've been able to put some of my script mods one folder deep and have them work just fine. MC always messes up for me if I go down a single folder, however, so I always put it right in the mods folder. It's my habit now to put all script mods in the mods folder, though.
    moxiegraphix on Origin

That's good to know! They usually patch right before a game pack so ... you know. That should be a relief to the modders who just updated everything from the toddler patch (or are in the process of updating).

Yes, but... Remember the patch for City Living, and then when City Living itself was actually made available? MC got a hose job then, kind of unexpectedly, but with the new interactions, we couldn't know till we got them what would happen.

This will probably be more of that. I admit things look better than they have for a few days now, but... we're not out of the woods, or the hotfix-zone, just yet.
  • ElenFoth99ElenFoth99 Posts: 3 New Member

Windows or Mac?

Tried putting MC directly into /Mods but still nothing. This is so frustrating!
    @Bonxie Thanks for the update! I just became a Patron and am going to give that version a whirl. Then figure out how to get the toddlers out of those clubs they went into. Bwa ha. The gardening club allows kids to join so I may just leave that one alone until they age up. Not sure about Powerhouse, though. I may have to temporarily play the sim that heads up the club to kick the toddler out.

@egwarhammer I hear you. I guess we'll see once we actually get vampires in our games (I know I'm buying the pack). The lack of a major patch, however, may save some of them some extra work. Fingers crossed anyway.

Thanks again, you guys rock.
    moxiegraphix on Origin
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top