Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cats and Dogs are coming to the Sims 4!!!

2...Next

Comments

• PancakesandwichPancakesandwich Posts: 2,038 Member
    83bienchen wrote: »
    Just to clarify, the sim definition "human" (which is used for vampires) has been in the game since last fall, so Pets are likely to be released either as the next Game Pack or as the next Expansion Pack.

I´m a bit sad now because it seems we will not be getting horses. :( Hope they just spare thosefor a separate farm themed pack.

It's just a small leak that doesn't include all parts of the possible pet pack. Imagine it like a puppy: Not as big as a fully grown dog (a.k.a. the final pack) but you can see what it's going to be like :)
    I love explaining things by saying "imagine it like a puppy" :joy:
  • FallenPrinceFallenPrince Posts: 928 Member
    This year seems to be fruitful for the game. It has got me hooked.
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    THey should combine pets with weather, and have it rain cats and dogs.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    Movotti wrote: »
    THey should combine pets with weather, and have it rain cats and dogs.

And playful Sims would get the whim to "Splash in a poodle."
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    Call me negative or something, but I plan on waiting with my excitement until we have some sort of confirmation.. A piece of code hardly tells me anything.
  • AutumnBladenAutumnBladen Posts: 295 Member
    I REALLY hope we are going to get pets this year. I so want to make versions of my two "fur babies" cause my sim family just wouldn't be complete without my two girls.
  • kerplukeekerplukee Posts: 180 Member
    edited January 2017
    I read this KdNZv3n.jpg
    But confirmed, how?
  • LegaspiWeaverLegaspiWeaver Posts: 136 Member
    I'd love to have pets. I played a little with them in Sims 3.
  • BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    I am so busy with My Toddler's and getting ready to turn all My vampires, But if they do add Pet's, the only problem I would have with it, is if they did not add in Japanese Chins, :)
  • blugar44blugar44 Posts: 229 Member
    lol... I'm not going to really comment on the speculation even though code is fairly definitive that they will *one day* come.... but just imagine if 2017 was the year of toddlers, pets, vampires and who knows what else. I think I'd no longer feel the occasional yearning for TS3 (even though I still can't bring myself to go back -- the cons are a little bit too repelling...)
  • CharKittyBooCharKittyBoo Posts: 569 Member
    Can't wait to make my elder sim couples have all the cats! They'll probably get a dog too, but I LOVE KITTENS!
    Family player we got toddlers...my life is complete 1/12/17 best. day. ever.
    7ZDKKOkt.png
    My Plum Family Tree
  • Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    Jean wrote: »
    But confirmed, how?

With a code just like vampires
    21mbz47.jpg
    Yea I saw that one.. But to me that doesn't actually confirm Pets as the next expansion.. But we'll see.
  • AndremiAndremi Posts: 71 Member
    edited January 2017
    Im seriously so happy about this maybe being a Pets hint.. Pets (or unleashed) was my first EP for Sims1, and I cant wait to see it for Sims 4 as well!!!
  • familysimfamilysim Posts: 21 Member
    Look at the description for the toddler book "dog on a log"
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    83bienchen wrote: »
    They are mentioned in the tuning files since the todder update!

<L n="SIM_DEFINITIONS">
    <U>
    <E n="key">CAT</E>
    <T n="value">101916</T>
    </U>
    <U>
    <E n="key">DOG</E>
    <T n="value">101915</T>
    </U>
    <U>
    <E n="key">HUMAN</E>
    <T n="value">794</T>
    </U>
    </L>

tuning ressource is sims.sim_info, just if someone wants to verify.

Can't wait to make some cats to use as avies.
  • papersuitcasepapersuitcase Posts: 838 Member
    Can't wait to make my elder sim couples have all the cats! They'll probably get a dog too, but I LOVE KITTENS!

I want a crazy cat lady!
  • SimsweetieSimsweetie Posts: 562 Member
    Horses would be kinda pointless without open world, and even the largest lots are too small to really enjoy riding them around.
  • SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    Maybe (!) we're getting like a Pets pack and another pack for us farmers, that would be really nice!
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • papersuitcasepapersuitcase Posts: 838 Member
    Simsweetie wrote: »
    Horses would be kinda pointless without open world, and even the largest lots are too small to really enjoy riding them around.

I disagree. The jogging paths are big in some areas.
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,572 Member
    Simsweetie wrote: »

I disagree. The jogging paths are big in some areas.

I also disagree. There would be enough space for horse riding. It just depends on the neighbourhood you chose to live in or travel to. I really hope that there will be horses as well.

Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member
    Skobee wrote: »
    Maybe (!) we're getting like a Pets pack and another pack for us farmers, that would be really nice!

I'm feeling hopeful that Seasons may come with farming this time around. They already put festivals in another EP, a lot of people are asking for farming and it should fit perfectly in a Seasons expansion.