Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 100 Baby Challenge V2 (Updated for CL / Toddlers)

Erica87Erica87 Posts: 743 Member
HeaderBig.png
Genealogy.pngBabyGear.pngBabyBasinet.png

This is the thread for the second version of the baby challenge for Sims 4. This thread will be updated with additional rules whenever necessary.

Version one of the adapted rules for Sims 4 were written by @Ashleigh825, updates on that version can be found in her thread at sims community social.

Thanks to the kind help of @SuzieSocks and @Rawla the rules have been completely revamped and now also have a section for optional rule sets and technical issues. If you have questions or any further ideas for the challenge feel free to post it in this thread or send me a message.

HeaderObjective.png
    The objective of this challenge is to give birth to 100 babies in as few generations as possible. It ends as soon as the 100th baby is born. You lose the challenge if you break the rules or if your matriarch ages up into an elder without there being a heiress to take over.

HeaderSetup.png

Creation
  • Create one female young adult sim or download one from the gallery. This is your starting Matriarch. While it is suggested that you pick at least one trait that will help you in the challenge such as romantic, family oriented or creative her appearance and traits are up to you.
    GTW: Your matriarch can be an alien.
    VP: Your matriarch can not be a vampire.
Moving
  • You can move your matriarch into any house or lot you desire. You must use only the starting funds provided. You can not use cheats of any kind that give free lots or more money. Matriarchs can move at any time as long as they can afford the new house or lot without the use of cheats.
Lifespan
  • In the game options, set the lifespan to normal and either enable auto-aging for played households or for only the active household if you want to play with your matriarch's children as well. You can decide whether you want the townies to age or not, if you allow them to age they might die before you are able to have babies with them but if you don't allow them to age you might run out of fathers at some point. Restocking of the neighborhood with potential fathers may be done as needed.

HeaderGameplay.png

Aging
  • Children are aged up as follows:
    Babies can only be aged up on their natural birthday.
    Toddlers can be aged up either when they reach level 3 in all skills or when they max out three skills or on their natural birthday.
    Children can be aged up as soon as they get an A in school or on their natural birthday.
    Teenagers can be aged up as soon as they get an A in school as well or on their natural birthday.
Having Children
  • Your matriarch can not get pregnant by the same sim twice. One pregnancy per father. Pregnancies resulting in multiple births are fine and each child is still counted toward the total.
    GTW: Your matriarch can give birth at the hospital, however please be aware that the ley line lot trait only works if you conceive and give birth at home.
  • There are no restrictions as to who can father children in this challenge but none of the fathers can move into the household or contribute to it in any way other than impregnating your matriarch once.
  • You can adopt children without penalty, however they do not count towards the total so it's not recommended to do so.
  • Your children's traits and aspirations have to be randomized, you can not choose them yourself. You can either use the random trait generator from Pinstar's Legacy Challenge, which can result in the child inheriting a trait of its parents, or if you don't want to bother finding out the father's traits you can also use this random sim generator or you can even use dice. Whatever way you'd like to go about it as long as the traits are randomized is fine.
  • You are not allowed to influence the gender of the children, therefore your matriarch can not listen to pop or alternative during her pregnancy and she may not eat carrots or strawberries either.
Changing Matriarchs
  • When your matriarch becomes an elder the last daughter she had takes over and becomes the new matriarch. If the new matriarch is not yet a young adult the old matriarch has to stay on the lot to raise her. Once the new matriarch is a young adult you can move out the old matriarch to make room for more children. If there are still any underage children left in the household at the time of a matriarch change, they must remain in the household to be raised by the new matriarch as usual in order to be counted.
  • Your matriarch can only get married when she becomes an elder and her last daughter is ready to become the next matriarch, once she is married however she has to move out of the household to live with her husband. She can have boyfriends while she's of child bearing age but she can not become engaged to them, nor can any of them move into the challenge house.
  • Children who have reached the young adult life stage can move out of the household to make room for more children but they can never move back in.
  • You are not allowed to make more room in the household by killing off underage sims. For that reason your matriarch's children only count towards the 100 babies once they have reached the young adult lifestage. The only exception to this is when the 100th child is born, at that point any underage children are counted and the challenge ends.
Careers
  • Your matriarch or her heiresses can never have a job that requires them to leave the lot. They can make money by any other means, for example by selling their paintings, books or garden produce.
    GTW: Your matriarch may own a retail business, however this requires you to invest a lot of money upfront and you'll have less time to bring up your children's grades and skills.
    CL: Your matriarch may have any of the careers that came with City Living however she must always work from home.
  • Teenagers can have a career to contribute towards the household funds.
Leaving the Lot
  • Your matriarch can leave the lot at any time. She can visit any lot to find collectibles, hunt for donors or play for tips.
    OR: Your matriarch can go on vacation in Granite Falls to hunt for donors or find collectibles, however in this case she has to bring the whole household with her. She is not allowed to go on vacation when she's pregnant.
Rewards and Traits
  • You are allowed and encouraged to buy the fertile aspiration reward trait. Any other ingame rewards or traits that you've earned by completing aspirations, whims and throwing social events can be used as well, except for those that would allow you to extend the lifespan of a sim or to save them from death.
  • If you want to use lot traits, you can either choose which one you'd like or you can randomize them every 5th child. Using them is completely optional however and you're not forced to add them at all if you don't want to.

HeaderRestrictions.png

Custom Content
  • You are not allowed to use any mods or custom content that give you an unfair advantage over other players, this includes mods that allow you to have more than eight sims in a household. You are allowed to use any and all cosmetic custom content though.
Cheats
  • You are not allowed to use any cheats that give you an unfair advantage over other players, this includes money cheats, motive fulfilling cheats, skill cheats, school performance cheats, satisfaction point cheats and cheats that unlock special objects. The moveobjects cheat is allowed and so is resetting sims to resolve glitches.
Services
  • While you are allowed to use any service like the nanny or scheduled maid you are not allowed to buy the free services reward trait as it allows you to exploit a glitch in the game.
Clubs
  • While Sims are allowed to join and create clubs, in order to limit unfair exploitation of club mechanics the following club perks are not allowed to be used:
    Networked Club
    Rally the Troops
    Any Emotional Perks

HeaderOptional.png

Alien Challenge
  • Your matriarch must be an alien or hybrid. Only alien or hybrid children count towards the total. While human children don't count towards the total they still can only be moved out of the house once they are young adults.
Immortal Matriarch Challenge
  • All 100 children must be birthed by the same matriarch. For this you are allowed to use any means of extending her life span, this includes but is not limited to potions of youth. You loose this challenge as soon as your matriarch becomes an elder.
    VP: For this challenge your matriarch can become a vampire, however you must achieve this through her being bitten. You can not make her a vampire in CAS or use cheats to turn her into one.

HeaderTechnical.png
  • Glitch: Despite the performance bar being full and all objectives being checked off teenagers sometimes don't recieve an A in school.
    Workaround: You can age them up as soon as all requirements for an A are met.
  • Glitch: The birthday cake does not have the option to add birthday candles.
    Workaround: Have a sim place the cake in the fridge, then use your mouse to drag it out of the fridge onto the middle of a counter. Your sim now should be able to add candles to it.
  • Glitch: When attempting to bathe toddlers while a baby is on the lot the toddlers will only stay in the bathtub for a split second before being taken out by their parents without their hygiene need changing.
    Workaround: Place the bathtub a good distance away from the baby crib. If that's not possible placing the tub on a different floor will work as well, so will placing it outside if your house has a foundation.
  • Glitch: Sometimes the fathers of toddlers will appear on the lot without ever leaving again. Sims are unable to ask them to leave or say goodbye to them and they can move through doors set to only allow household members.
    Workaround: At this moment there are only temporary solutions to this glitch. Visiting a different lot with the family or sending them home via mc cheats will make them leave but they will return after a while. A drastic solution is to delete them using the mc command center but they also leave once the toddlers age up into children. You can also add them to a group, then the option to ask them to leave should appear.
CURRENTLY PLAYING: Forum mafias & Minecraft, mainly.
Taking a break from the sims for a while!
Post edited by Erica87 on

Comments

• Erica87Erica87 Posts: 743 Member
    edited January 2017
    HeaderChangelog.png
    • 01/15/2017 - Created new thread (old thread can be found here) and updated challenge rules.
    • 01/15/2017 - No rule changes, just changed the wording and added a reference to lot traits.
    • 01/23/2017 - Completely revamped the rules, added optional challenges and technical issues sections.
    edited March 2017
    HeaderLinklist.png
      If you have a separate thread or blog or a family tree for your challenge and would like your link added to this list please either post it in this thread or send me a private message. I know there are more than I listed but the old thread is so chaotic that I can't find them again, which is exactly why I think this list will be handy in the future. But if you're on the list but would like to be removed definitely send me a private message as well.
  • SuzieSocksSuzieSocks Posts: 185 Member
    The new thread set-up looks awesome! Thanks for taking on the job!
    Yes, I like and enjoy Sims 4. The world will not end because of this. Get over it.
  • EminikEminik Posts: 181 Member
    edited January 2017
    Thanks for setting up a new thread! :) Looks great!

Anyone else having trouble aging up kids eary with a birthday cake? My first kid just got an A and I went to have her blow ot the candles on a birthday cake but she doesn't have the option.
    Post edited by Eminik on
  • RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
    Lovely set-up. Thanks for the new thread.
  • McFizzleShizzleMcFizzleShizzle Posts: 1,632 Member
    This looks amazing! Thanks for re-doing the thread :) I do have a blog to keep track of my 100 baby challenge, I'm just working on an update right now :smiley:http://simmersofthenight.blogspot.co.uk
    tumblr_msx1lynGG41rd67d1o1_500.gif
    Origin ID: McFizzleShizzle
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    New thread looks really good. I haven't gave it a full read, yet. I'll have to do that when I have more coffee in my bloodstream. Good job, I really like how it's broken up with the banners.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • MareviolaMareviola Posts: 86 Member
    Well looks like I was already totally breaking a rule by hiring the nanny basically fulltime... I've decided to start again. I didn't have that many children anyway. Having to restart the garden is actually what annoys me the most XD

Since the thread is being update can I make suggestions?

- The rule for the lot trait are under city living but maybe should be moved/copied also in the patch section 'cause some are available even in the base game

- What are the rules for get together? 'cause the club system is actually awesome to "force" men to come into you house at hours they wouldn't normally come. Also the woohoo rule of the club allow you to try for babies even if you don't have much of a relationship (or one at all). And all the perks of the club to get a better performance/help with skills. I'm not saying they shouldn't be allowed but I'm curious to see if you guys have rules about it.

Btw is anyone else having a problem bathing/looking after the toddler hygiene? It looks like there's a glitch but I don't have any mods...
    I've done the 100 Baby Challenge, check it out on my tumblr.

Babies: 100/100
  • desirae333desirae333 Posts: 261 Member
    The new thread looks awesome! Well done and thank you @Erica87 for taking it upon yourself for doing this! I just restarted the challenge with all the new rules/suggestions!
    Here's a link to my Family Tree, I'd like to share it here. https://app.theplumtreeapp.com/public.html#5878e9d876646e288765dd3d

I think clubs can be beneficial to this challenge and can be abused. I rarely think of clubs, it's just not a big aspect of my game play (though I should use them more). I'm curious what everyone else thinks.

Had a good look at the rules. I'd maybe put a disclaimer, tagging the other simmer that actual created the rules even though she isn't active, that she is the original creator of the rules and you just intend to keep them updated since you just copied and pasted her original rules. I do really like the options you gave, though I'll likely still use my own rules for toddlers. I'm going with the extra traits you can get for children, as far as the toddler skills are concerned. I'm going to at least get 3 levels in all skills, but aim for maxing them all out.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
    ChelleJo wrote: »
    Here's a link to my Family Tree, I'd like to share it here. https://app.theplumtreeapp.com/public.html#5878e9d876646e288765dd3d

I think clubs can be beneficial to this challenge and can be abused. I rarely think of clubs, it's just not a big aspect of my game play (though I should use them more). I'm curious what everyone else thinks.

Had a good look at the rules. I'd maybe put a disclaimer, tagging the other simmer that actual created the rules even though she isn't active, that she is the original creator of the rules and you just intend to keep them updated since you just copied and pasted her original rules. I do really like the options you gave, though I'll likely still use my own rules for toddlers. I'm going with the extra traits you can get for children, as far as the toddler skills are concerned. I'm going to at least get 3 levels in all skills, but aim for maxing them all out.

She was not the original creator of the rules either.
  • xoxoXDxoxoXD Posts: 215 Member
    edited January 2017
    Thank you for making this!

My family tree is in my signature. I just started about 5 minutes ago. Family Tree
    Post edited by xoxoXD on
    qCDeJ1I.gif
  • AlHollandiyahAlHollandiyah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Very nice, I am definitely starring this!
  • CactiSimmerCactiSimmer Posts: 138 Member
    I'm starting to work on a family tree, and I'm in the process of setting up a tumblr to document everything i'll link here once i'm done :)
  • AdelaideMannAdelaideMann Posts: 196 Member
    Toddlers have arrived just as my new mom is a teenager, so it will be a while before I experience one. I had ten babies with my first mom and twenty three with my second. Very puny results compared to most of you!
  • OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    The new thread looks lovely, @Erica87 - Thank you for setting it all up. ^.^ I'm still reading through the rules and very excited for Benjamin to age into a toddler and to be able to play the new work from home careers. Eep :D.
  • CactiSimmerCactiSimmer Posts: 138 Member
    edited January 2017
    I don't know what's going on with my game but it's bugging out. Father's keep showing up and then not leaving, and I can't even tell them to leave the option just doesn't show up. My first toddler Lloyd needs a bath and i've bathed him twice but it doesn't do anything?? I had to bring my matriarch to the library and make the other sims care for themselves because no matter what happens their needs aren't changing.
    I think I'm going to update about the 100 babies on my tumblr, too (in addition to my family tree). Here's my tumblr http://chellejo.tumblr.com/
    p8L4V6v.png
  • RubeySimRubeySim Posts: 134 Member
    I don't know what's going on with my game but it's bugging out. Father's keep showing up and then not leaving, and I can't even tell them to leave the option just doesn't show up. My first toddler Lloyd needs a bath and i've bathed him twice but it doesn't do anything?? I had to bring my matriarch to the library and make the other sims care for themselves because no matter what happens their needs aren't changing.

I've encountered the same problem with the father of my matriarchs first baby. So annoying and he won't leave.
    edited January 2017
    I'm so glad you guys like the new layout, I worked on it for quite a long time. I said I would go to bed, instead I chose to do this :smiley: I've updated the linklist with all your links, please tell me if I missed one but I think I should've gotten all of them except for xoxoXD's.

@Eminik Is there no option for it at all? There should be several to age up your sim, for example "Make A Wish" or "Taste The Frosting".

@Mareviola You might've misread the rules there as it says that you are allowed to hire a nanny, not that you aren't allowed. I hope you still have the save from before! Services are ok to hire, including nannies. Just make sure you have enough money for them :smile: I added a reference to the City Living section in the Patch Rules section. As for clubs, well you can assume that anything not specified in the rules is up to player discretion. Those who like clubs can use them freely without restrictions, those who don't aren't forced to play with them. Generally, if something feels too cheaty to you you can always not use it :smiley:

@Chellejo Thanks for your suggestion, I edited the first paragraph. Also, you're of course still allowed to alter the rules to your liking, the options are more meant as suggestions and ideas of how you could handle things, they're not set in stone either.

@xoxoXD Unfortunately the link to your family tree does not work. Remember that you have to publish it and then use the link shown on top of the screen, not the link you are using to edit the tree.

@CactiSimmer @RubeySim Oh god I have the exact same issue! Please don't tell me it's another case of corrupted savegame :disappointed: I hope they patch it or something. Do you guys have mc command center? Next time I'm going ingame (in a few minutes, probably) I'll try to use it to make him leave. I mean, just because he's the father doesn't mean he can hang out in my house for all eternity!

I've got an actual small update as well, the past few days I was so busy doing my blog and building and playing other games with a friend that I didn't have much time for actually playing the game. Today however I managed to play untill shortly after Percy and Paige aged into toddlers. I think they're both adorable! Percy rolled freckles and they look really good on him. I haven't yet had a sim roll glasses, I'm pretty sure my dice is rigged >:( And I have a much more serious issue as well: Paolo Rocca, you know the father of the twins, suddenly appeared on our lot and there's no option to ask him to leave! I wanted to give the toddlers some excellent yoghurt but as soon as I put them into the high chair Paolo would run over, pick them up and place them in the office... I'm pretty sure he's trying to kidnap them. Apparently he cares a lot more about them than I thought... I still WANT HIM GONE :lol: He was never there when the toddlers were babies so when they met him... Well, see for yourself:

003-04.png

It's not very clear but Paige was actually angry at that moment and Percy was just running away from the whole situation. They haven't met him before and basically have zero relationship with him. Margo hasn't met him once since they had the woohoo. What the hell is he doing at my house?!

Next up are the triplet's and Brian's birthdays. The triplets will become young adults and leave the house and I'm sad about it already, that's another reason why I wasn't playing that much. Letting sims go is always kinda hard for me, I get attached to them quickly. This challenge is bound to change that though and I like it that way! Margo is shortly before giving birth to her baby girl as well, her father Josh is an alien and I really hope she at least has some alien genetics in her, otherwise I'm going to create several male aliens and move them into the neighbourhood.
    @Erica87 You're welcome. And I wasn't trying to be rude or anything. I just figured it would stop anyone from coming in here and saying anything rude about you not saying that the other person created those sets of rules. I've seen people be pretty mean sometimes on these forums. I really do like how you did the layout of this thread. It's very clear and looks nice/pleasing to the eyes. It's very simple to follow. I know when it gets to be a wall of text, I tend to just skim. The way you have it laid out doesn't feel like a wall of text.

I wasn't aware you had a tumblr you was updating on the 100 baby challenge. I went and followed. Always looking for good tumblrs to follow (Truth be told, I am just now learning tumblr).
    p8L4V6v.png
    @ChelleJo Don't worry, you weren't rude in the slightest! I'm actually glad about hints like these, sometimes I forget about things or write them in a way that's not easily understandable or I don't do something that I should've done, for example writing down the name of the original creator. I think it's only fair to credit @Ashleigh825 as I think she did most of the work converting it to TS4. And thanks, that was exactly what I was trying to achieve. I got a bit lost when reading the old rules and this way that shouldn't happen.

My tumblr has always been in my signature and I've advertised it here as well but I think it was before you found the thread :smile: But yeah, I post 100 baby challenge pictures there, more often than here because I feel like it's a lot more convenient and I can also sneak in random shots that don't necessarily have anything to do with the kids themselves. I'm relatively new as well so don't worry :smiley: I followed you already - need more 100 baby challenge on my dash! :love:
  • MareviolaMareviola Posts: 86 Member
    Erica87 wrote: »

@Mareviola You might've misread the rules there as it says that you are allowed to hire a nanny, not that you aren't allowed. I hope you still have the save from before! Services are ok to hire, including nannies. Just make sure you have enough money for them :smile: I added a reference to the City Living section in the Patch Rules section. As for clubs, well you can assume that anything not specified in the rules is up to player discretion. Those who like clubs can use them freely without restrictions, those who don't aren't forced to play with them. Generally, if something feels too cheaty to you you can always not use it :smiley:

@CactiSimmer @RubeySim Oh god I have the exact same issue! Please don't tell me it's another case of corrupted savegame :disappointed: I hope they patch it or something. Do you guys have mc command center? Next time I'm going ingame (in a few minutes, probably) I'll try to use it to make him leave. I mean, just because he's the father doesn't mean he can hang out in my house for all eternity!

yep I noticed that I misread :tongue: Tbh I think it was my mind playing games at me 'cause it felt a bit cheaty 'cause I got enough aspiration points to give my sims the free-service trait and so basically she was paying for nothing even tho the trait should work only on single-use but instead it works on scheduled ones too).
    And guilt. 'cause my matriarch seriously wasn't paying any attentions to the toddlers.

So Idk I think I'll restart anyway and maybe I will have some self-impose rules about the services :tongue:

@CactiSimmer @RubeySim I'm also having these problems and I don't have any mods so.... :pensive:
    I've done the 100 Baby Challenge, check it out on my tumblr.

Babies: 100/100
    @Mareviola Yeah, the free services perk would be a tad bit too cheaty for me as well. I might actually even add that into the rules now that I think about it because technically it is exploiting a game bug and thus really close to cheating with advantage over other players. Does anyone disagree with that?
    Erica87 wrote: »
    @Mareviola Yeah, the free services perk would be a tad bit too cheaty for me as well. I might actually even add that into the rules now that I think about it because technically it is exploiting a game bug and thus really close to cheating with advantage over other players. Does anyone disagree with that?

Have you tried traveling with the uninvited daddy and then going back home without him? If that doesn't work, you might need to evict the family in manage world and then move them back in. Try those two and see if one works.
    p8L4V6v.png