Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What a difference a single patch can make.

When TS4 came out I was hopeful but not happy. I would play in spurts but those spurts over the past 2 years got shorter and further apart until I was loading the game up then tabbing to surf the net not even bothering to play. Then finally not opening the game at all for months. Even at the start though I wouldn't play for very long and couldn't really sink myself into the game and enjoy it. It felt like a chore, something I ought to do because I always had from The Sims - TS3 and so of course I had to try to make myself find things to like about TS4. I had truly given up hope that I would ever get excited about the sims again.

Then toddlers arrived and I have to say I cannot get enough. I love everything! To me this is the most fleshed out and best lifestage currently. I have had so much enjoyment. Normally I am a control freak with my sims but I have been completely happy to sit back and watch them go about their world. I completely love the traits, my favorite one is silly, oh my goodness those giggles and my silly tot is always getting the giggles.

I hate that my day isn't longer I have missed this feeling and with one patch it is back. FINALLY I love the sims again and I look forward to firing my pc up and diving in.

Anyways, I'm happy.
wz3Vdbh.jpg
Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.

Comments

• yuppyupp Posts: 570 Member
    I feel EXACTLY the same way. Like you, I went through spurts playing on and off and then eventually while the game would be loading I would turn it off because I would change my mind about playing. I'm a family player so it was difficult to enjoy without toddlers. I even tried the single young adult play style and that just didn't last very long. Today I was literally playing all day. I had to force myself to turn the computer off and get into bed. While I was playing I was just watching in awe at how awesome the toddlers are now and how my game finally feels complete for me. I can finally get excited about upcoming content where before, anything that wasn't toddlers was disappointing. I can finally enjoy this game after nearly 2.5 years. Very thankful. Happy simming.
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    I don't play the game but even someone as jaded as I am can see the difference its made to the community, particularly here on the board.
    It's nice.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Omac16Omac16 Posts: 118 Member
    I'm thinking vampires will do the same for me. Toddlers are amazing, and vampires look just as well done. I don't even know that much about them, other then from trailers and tweets, but I'm so excited about them. The whole picking their powers and weakness drivers me nuts. There is so much customization I might strictly play vampires for a while.
  • cameronw209cameronw209 Posts: 1,497 Member
    Pary wrote: »
    I don't play the game but even someone as jaded as I am can see the difference its made to the community, particularly here on the board.
    It's nice.

Yup - keep those positive vibes coming!
  • PuffpglitternosePuffpglitternose Posts: 39 Member
    The until is back in the community now. Before I think there was a divide between the veteran simmers who found the lack of family play and depth of the game unforgivable and the newer simmers who loved this new iteration of the franchise. But I think since the rearrangement of personnel at Maxis and the level of detail that went into City Living and now toddlers, that divide has been brought much closer together and is making the game we as the fans and the devs see that it can become.
    I have immense hope now for TS4. Never again will I doubt their love for us and this franchise.
  • PuffpglitternosePuffpglitternose Posts: 39 Member
    The until is back in the community now. Before I think there was a divide between the veteran simmers who found the lack of family play and depth of the game unforgivable and the newer simmers who loved this new iteration of the franchise. But I think since the rearrangement of personnel at Maxis and the level of detail that went into City Living and now toddlers, that divide has been brought much closer together and is making the game we as the fans and the devs see that it can become.
    I have immense hope now for TS4. Never again will I doubt their love for us and this franchise.

Apologies that first line is supposed to say "The Unity"
  • ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    I'm glad to see the patch has done the same for others. I hope the Vamps do it for you @Omac16 .

I agree that the community seems more united in their contentment with the game now and perhaps you are right @Puffpglitternose about the rearrangements. I haven't been around much so I missed whatever that was about but I do see improvement.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    Welcome back, I remember your siggy!

Toddlers are so awesome. Playing today with my single mom and her toddler in their apartment, I was reminded of my TS2 days and how intense (but short-lived as I soon switched to 3) they were. I am so happy!
  • LiseyLisey Posts: 195 Member
    It's made a huge difference. I'm all about family play, like to play the same family for generations, but it just wasn't the same with only the child stage representing younger Sims - I felt like I was missing a huge part of my Sims lives! Now that the toddler generation is here, I finally feel like I can play a big legacy family without any regrets. :)
  • cherid87120cherid87120 Posts: 2,823 Member
    I was the same as you. In fact, funny story. My laptop died last summer and I had to wipe my hard drive for the laptop repair. I had backed up my precious Sims 3 and all my download content, etc. But I didn't save my Sim 4 saves. I shrugged, didn't really care because I didn't enjoy the game. I dabbled around with a new Sim but really didn't play any more than a half an hour at a time, didn't enjoy it.

After the Toddler patch, I found myself wanting to have my old Saves back because my old save was primarily Family play. Low and behold, I dug around in my old hard drives and found my old save. I was thrilled. I restarted my game, updated the town a bit since we have had several stuff packs and two expansion packs came out. I loaded my family, aged my child back to a toddler and am having a blast. My adult family sim is pregnant again and we are anxiously waiting for the new arrival.

I cannot wait for the vampire game pack. Finally, finally, finally, the game feels more fleshed out. This patch has made my sims feel alive again.
  • Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Same! I haven't even really played with toddlers yet, because I'm waiting for my current sim to get married before having one but all of a sudden I like everything about the game more? :lol: I am literally scrolling around the worlds thinking "Ah this area is so beautiful" even though I have explored most of the worlds already long ago and felt quite neutral about them then :lol: Weird. But I'm not complaining at all! It's nice :smile:
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    So that's not my imagination then!
    5JZ57S6.png
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    It's nice.

I agree this is the best thing about it for me too: to see how happy people are and how much less defensively they talk to each other (for now). It's a nice change, and one that this forum kinda needed lol. And for someone who does play the game with a certain level of enjoyment sometimes, it's even nicer to see others enjoying it too for a change ^.^ It's still far from perfect, but it's one step closer to being a lot better.
    edited January 2017
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    It's nice.

I agree this is the best thing about it for me too: to see how happy people are and how much less defensively they talk to each other (for now). It's a nice change, and one that this forum kinda needed lol. And for someone who does play the game with a certain level of enjoyment sometimes, it's even nicer to see others enjoying it too for a change ^.^ It's still far from perfect, but it's one step closer to being a lot better.
    To me it feels as if 'someone' finally found back what people actually want from this game. I don't even mind the baby tied to bassinet anymore, and the adult teens. Next patch, please tone down the giggling and cooing and the hyperactive eyebrows of the adults and the talking into space. Please implement that code where sims' eyes are automatically drawn to each other, that feels so natural and important. Make those adults feel as realistic as the toddlers do (which doesn't exlude quirkiness or liveliness). Then add some EP's with gameplay that matters and is more than just a bit of interacting with stuff and I'm all ready to move over. Because you see, we aren't naturally born complainers who only complain to complain. Toddlers prove it.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited January 2017
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    It's nice.

To me it feels as if 'someone' finally found back what people actually want from this game. Next patch, please tone down the giggling and cooing and the hyperactive eyebrows of the adults and the talking into space. Please implement that code where sims' eyes are automatically drawn to each other, that feels so natural and important. Make those adults feel as realistic as the toddlers do (which doesn't exlude quirkiness or liveliness). Then add some EP's with gameplay that matters and is more than just a bit of interacting with stuff and I'm all ready to move over. Because you see, we aren't naturally born complainers who only complain to complain. Toddlers prove it.

Yeah, I totally agree with that. I think many of us needed this more challenging aspect to game play, to make it feel a bit more realistic. And I too hope the other life stages, especially teens & elderly, will get the same kind of love too over time. They definitely need to be set apart somehow from the adults. And yeah, I definitely support them looking more at each other instead of just "wherever". It's something I'm not too fond of either. Lastly: indeed, I don't think many of us complained "just because" but because we truly wanted to enjoy the game and / or make it as enjoyable as possible to the largest possible number of people (I'm very utilitarian lol). I think this patch has definitely enlarged the number of simmers who can enjoy it, and that's all anyone's ever really wanted. Now, let's hope they keep that momentum going :)
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    To me it feels as if 'someone' finally found back what people actually want from this game. I don't even mind the baby tied to bassinet anymore, and the adult teens.

I mind them a lot less, but I still think EA should make a generations EP which addresses them.

Toddlers have proven when you flesh out a life stage to be much more detailed and expansive than its last iteration counterpart, it will make fans very happy and approving. The replay value is just through the roof for this type of content, rather than single object content.
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    To me it feels as if 'someone' finally found back what people actually want from this game. I don't even mind the baby tied to bassinet anymore, and the adult teens.

I mind them a lot less, but I still think EA should make a generations EP which addresses them.

Toddlers have proven when you flesh out a life stage to be much more detailed and expansive than its last iteration counterpart, it will make fans very happy and approving. The replay value is just through the roof for this type of content, rather than single object content.
    I agree 100%.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • AnastaciasgemAnastaciasgem Posts: 246 Member
    This is exactly what happened to me. At the start I told myself it didn't matter to me, I didn't need them that much, tried to plod on. And it was fun at the start. But then it felt like a chore to play and I tried to come up with all sorts of ways to make the game fun again, but it wasn't enough and I ended up not really playing for ages and I felt terrible. I went back to the old games, but I really wanted to enjoy Sims 4 so much, I'd open it and think cmoooon Gem you love this, but I didn't. Since toddlers came omg tear me away from my computer I can't stop, and they're so much work that time just passes like ZOOOM because I'm so involved. I also love all of my sims more. When they're a child or a teen I'm like omg that's that toddler kid all grown up look at them go <3 I'm glad you've found enjoyment again, I adore this game again and it only took this one update for it all to come together for me
    iiudADB.gif
    Origin ID: Gemmaisasim
    The Minogue ISBI family tree
  • ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    Simanite wrote: »
    Welcome back, I remember your siggy!

Toddlers are so awesome. Playing today with my single mom and her toddler in their apartment, I was reminded of my TS2 days and how intense (but short-lived as I soon switched to 3) they were. I am so happy!

Thanks!
    It does remind me a bit of TS2 also. I like that the tots will interact with each other. I have started up my perfects again which I had since TS1 rerolling a version of them with TS-TS3 and now 4. April and Andrew Perfect. They have adorable little redheaded twins named Betsy and Bobby and those two are so sweet together and fun. I need to take pics to post.

wz3Vdbh.jpg
  • Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    yupp wrote: »
    I feel EXACTLY the same way. Like you, I went through spurts playing on and off and then eventually while the game would be loading I would turn it off because I would change my mind about playing. I'm a family player so it was difficult to enjoy without toddlers. I even tried the single young adult play style and that just didn't last very long. Today I was literally playing all day. I had to force myself to turn the computer off and get into bed. While I was playing I was just watching in awe at how awesome the toddlers are now and how my game finally feels complete for me. I can finally get excited about upcoming content where before, anything that wasn't toddlers was disappointing. I can finally enjoy this game after nearly 2.5 years. Very thankful. Happy simming.

I agree with this. I used to play for all of 5 mins then turn off the game. So far this year has been the best imo for the sims 4 with Toddlers and the vampire gamepack sue out soon. I have gone back to playing the game everyday again which i like. I feels more like the sims game i have wanted to play from the beginning!
  • SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    I've been playing everyday now for the past four days, before I played a few times a month and that was because I felt like I had to.. Now I keep thinking of what to do next!
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • NatKingSimNatKingSim Posts: 757 Member
    Now I finally play with families, could not do that before, it just felt so empty.
    bI7Zx0.gif
    Download below
  • InvisibleaesInvisibleaes Posts: 1,526 Member
    I've been playing way more making the time to do it as I really enjoy these toddlers they complete a family picture for me!