Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Missing Male Sims since the Patch Update!

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,571 Member
    thempress wrote: »
    M21M wrote: »
    Nevermind! it was an out of date mod that i had! XD

Could you tell us wich one? 'Cause I have the same problem :( I had a whole family and now all the males are gone

The mod causing this issue is not within the game's Teen rating, so we can't name it on these forums. You should, however, be able to start with that info to narrow it down, or go to a nonofficial Sims site for more info.

Yeah but for those of us who have removed all mods and cc and the men are still gone....what's the explanation there?

Hello
    Try rolling back your save game file to before this issue occured.
    These links explain how to do that.
    https://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-restore-a-previous-saved-game-in-the-sims-4/
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/783120/how-to-roll-back-your-save/p1
  • thempressthempress Posts: 3 New Member
    How I fixed this for myself is for whatever reason the game was not loading my most recent save file, it had created a save file (several) with out t he men, I knew I had saved recently yet it wasn't showing up as an option to load the game. I followed the instructions from carls sim guidde on how to rename my save files and the men reappeared. All this taught me was I will save each and every family in my library anytime I make any major changes and to keep my save files updated. CC was not the issue on my end. It was the game.
    thempress wrote: »
    How I fixed this for myself is for whatever reason the game was not loading my most recent save file, it had created a save file (several) with out t he men, I knew I had saved recently yet it wasn't showing up as an option to load the game. I followed the instructions from carls sim guidde on how to rename my save files and the men reappeared. All this taught me was I will save each and every family in my library anytime I make any major changes and to keep my save files updated. CC was not the issue on my end. It was the game.

It is good that the issue has been fixed in your game :)
  • M21MM21M Posts: 10 New Member
    I really have tried everything you suggested and still can't see any men. Not only the ones on my families but also the households that weren't active.

Inside my Saves folders there are only two sets of saves and none of them are the ones I wanted to save the most :/. I deleted The Sims 4 folder from my documents, deactivated the mods (deleted them actually), repaired from Origin, nothing seems to work. I did that because I had given up and was willing to start over but now it seems like I can't even get to do that either x)

Is there any suggestion? Wait until there is a patch? Do something else? Just re install? :/
    edited January 2017
    I really have tried everything you suggested and still can't see any men. Not only the ones on my families but also the households that weren't active.

Inside my Saves folders there are only two sets of saves and none of them are the ones I wanted to save the most :/. I deleted The Sims 4 folder from my documents, deactivated the mods (deleted them actually), repaired from Origin, nothing seems to work. I did that because I had given up and was willing to start over but now it seems like I can't even get to do that either x)

Is there any suggestion? Wait until there is a patch? Do something else? Just re install? :/

Hello
    I don't like to suggest uninstalling and reinstalling because it takes a long time and is a big download, but perhaps it may help your issues?
  • M21MM21M Posts: 10 New Member
    Guess I needed someone to tell me that, I'll have to wait 11 hours according to Origin but I hope it get's the job done.

Thank you so much for your help :)
    Guess I needed someone to tell me that, I'll have to wait 11 hours according to Origin but I hope it get's the job done.

Thank you so much for your help :)

You're welcome :) I am so sorry that are having these issues.
  • ScarletlocsScarletlocs Posts: 54 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Can someone tell me how to fix the issue with my sims not drinking coffee. Ever since the patch little glitches. I have repaired the game. The new patch made me loose so much. I have not been able to play with toddler because trying to rebuild my world.

Hello
    The mod causing the issue is the "coffee gives more energy mod" Try removing this mod from your mods folder and see if that helps your issue.

The coffee is now working......

The cooking is now.

That is great! :)
    I meant the cooking is not working and what do I do about the fast decay of needs?

Hello
    What is occurring with the cooking issues?
    Hi Rosemow, Thank you a million for assisting me. Okay, my sims won't cook. they either leave the food or drop the food. I did the repair. i took all the food, drink and cooking out. going to try again. still issue with the decay.
    Can someone tell me how to fix the issue with my sims not drinking coffee. Ever since the patch little glitches. I have repaired the game. The new patch made me loose so much. I have not been able to play with toddler because trying to rebuild my world.

Hello
    The mod causing the issue is the "coffee gives more energy mod" Try removing this mod from your mods folder and see if that helps your issue.

The cooking is now.

I meant the cooking is not working and what do I do about the fast decay of needs?

Hello
    Hi Rosemow, Thank you a million for assisting me. Okay, my sims won't cook. they either leave the food or drop the food. I did the repair. i took all the food, drink and cooking out. going to try again. still issue with the decay.
    UPDATE _ they are putting the food back in the fridge.

Hello

The cooking is now.

Hello

Hello
    If you are still having issues with cooking, Move your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues.

Hello

The cooking is now.

Hello

Hello
    If you are still having issues with cooking, Move your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues.

Hi, it's worst than I thought. Okay, this is what happened. new update came with the toddlers. I played for an hour. came back all the men disappeared. then day two all the men came back. by then I trouble shout my game and lost everything. I took the mods out. I go to play a family this morning and notice they are not in the world. so i tried to add them back. i then went to other families in CITY LIFE. I see the apartments but, when i go into the apartment it's ALL GONE. It's an EMPTY LOT. I removed the mods. repaired and nothing. This is too much. What are my options?

Hello

The cooking is now.

Hello

Hello

Hi, it's worst than I thought. Okay, this is what happened. new update came with the toddlers. I played for an hour. came back all the men disappeared. then day two all the men came back. by then I trouble shout my game and lost everything. I took the mods out. I go to play a family this morning and notice they are not in the world. so i tried to add them back. i then went to other families in CITY LIFE. I see the apartments but, when i go into the apartment it's ALL GONE. It's an EMPTY LOT. I removed the mods. repaired and nothing. This is too much. What are my options?

Hello
    Try rolling your save game back to an earlier version, before these issues occured. These links explain how to do that.
    https://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-restore-a-previous-saved-game-in-the-sims-4/
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/783120/how-to-roll-back-your-save/p1
    Rosmow.. THANK YOU SO MUCH. I was so close. It worked and then I realized I chose the wrong date. I then tried to do it again and now it won't load the game at all. It's just bringing up to start the game NEW. So sad.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Rosmow.. THANK YOU SO MUCH. I was so close. It worked and then I realized I chose the wrong date. I then tried to do it again and now it won't load the game at all. It's just bringing up to start the game NEW. So sad.

To load a renamed save file, don't use the play button: go to the disk icon on the top right and select the save from there.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.

TJANK YOU ROSEMOW... you are awesome. I figured it out. I was saving the file wrong. You are truly a blessing. Now to see if I can enjoy the toddlers.

TJANK YOU ROSEMOW... you are awesome. I figured it out. I was saving the file wrong. You are truly a blessing. Now to see if I can enjoy the toddlers.

You're welcome :)

I'm back again. The game is freezing. I am not using MODs. I just aged up toddler and it won't save. SMH. I am not having great luck today. SMH.

I'm back again. The game is freezing. I am not using MODs. I just aged up toddler and it won't save. SMH. I am not having great luck today. SMH.

Try shutting down your computer completely. Then restart the computer, launch the game and see if that helps.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Same issue here. I don't use mods, I saved last night and when I opened the game for my current household, the dad and his toddler son were gone. I tried every thing here, nothing worked. So I deleted that game and picked them up from a different save game edited the son back down to a toddler from his child stage in CAS and started all over. I'm scared tomorrow they'll be gone again.

Hello
    I am sorry that you have had this issue. I hope that you won't have any more issues in this new save game.
    So far so good on pulling my current household out of a different game save file. When I went back in after saving and exiting my game everyone was present and accounted for, and completely playable.
    edited January 2017
    Same issue here. I don't use mods, I saved last night and when I opened the game for my current household, the dad and his toddler son were gone. I tried every thing here, nothing worked. So I deleted that game and picked them up from a different save game edited the son back down to a toddler from his child stage in CAS and started all over. I'm scared tomorrow they'll be gone again.

Hello
    I am sorry that you have had this issue. I hope that you won't have any more issues in this new save game.
    So far so good on pulling my current household out of a different game save file. When I went back in after saving and exiting my game everyone was present and accounted for, and completely playable.

I am glad that it is going okay :)

Try shutting down your computer completely. Then restart the computer, launch the game and see if that helps.
    Your the best. Now to find out why I can't cook. It's a mod. Thanks again for everything.

Your the best. Now to find out why I can't cook. It's a mod. Thanks again for everything.

• xMetalKittyxMetalKitty Posts: 7 New Member
    I need serious help!
    I was also having this problem with none of my male Sims appearing. I got rid of the adult Mod that seemed to have caused the breaking, and reloaded my game. My sims were still not appearing. I tried reloading a previous save from before the Toddler patch using this tutorial /en_US/discussion/783120/how-to-roll-back-your-save/p1 and I think i seriously screwed something up. Now the disk image won't appear in my game for me to load previous saves, and I think I lost everything. I saved a backup of my Saves folder just in case and put it back into my Sims folder and it's not working.
    Is there anything I can do? I'm desperate. This toddler patch really ruined my game.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I need serious help!
    I was also having this problem with none of my male Sims appearing. I got rid of the adult Mod that seemed to have caused the breaking, and reloaded my game. My sims were still not appearing. I tried reloading a previous save from before the Toddler patch using this tutorial /en_US/discussion/783120/how-to-roll-back-your-save/p1 and I think i seriously screwed something up. Now the disk image won't appear in my game for me to load previous saves, and I think I lost everything. I saved a backup of my Saves folder just in case and put it back into my Sims folder and it's not working.
    Is there anything I can do? I'm desperate. This toddler patch really ruined my game.

What are the names of the files in your Saves folder? Do you have any subfolders in it? And did you restart the game after renaming them?
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • xMetalKittyxMetalKitty Posts: 7 New Member
    I need serious help!

What are the names of the files in your Saves folder? Do you have any subfolders in it? And did you restart the game after renaming them?

these are the files in my save folder (sorry for posting the link like this, but it's not letting me post it otherwise)
    imgur.com/a/dIBgS

and yes, i restarted the game.