Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Toddlers are popular today!

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    @mirta000 - Yeah, I agree. I hope that players who took EA to task for holding out on toddlers this long are showing their support for the game since EA followed through. At the end of the day this is about business, yeah? I hope that sales this month will show that this was a good call.

And if you show me how, I'll go ahead and gift you with Dine Out today if you're up for it since we have a gifting option available now :relaxed:

That is silly generous of you. It works with just selecting a DLC and searching for a person by their Origin ID, however I would sort of feel bad, because to you I should be nothing but a random stranger on these forums.
    Plus I can technically buy it myself, but I'm stuck in this loop where Origin does not accept Paypal wallet payments, nor does Amazon, so I'm stuck waiting until and if Origin/Amazon gift cards become available on specific sites, so that I could pay with Paypal, then wait for the gift card, then buy the DLC. T_T
  • Options
    sweetiebabe05sweetiebabe05 Posts: 113 Member
    I had gone back to the Sims 2 because I wanted some toddlers in my life and a game that wasn't glitchy. I love The Sims 3, but that game ran so slow, I could be on the lot for an hour (sim time) and some of the furniture still hadn't rendered. I have a powerful gaming computer but that wasn't enough with all the EPs.

So I started playing Sims 2 again because it came out when I was very busy with school, senior year of high school to senior year of college and although I had the game and all the EPs for it I just didn't have the time to dedicate to it. I really enjoyed going back to Sims 2 for a while but now that we have toddlers, I'll hold off on my Sims 2 playing because these toddlers are so adorable! My first toddler has already maxed out her skills and I guess its time to age her up but I don't want to.
    531d4eef-f8a0-4d53-82d6-46c8f93fe9bb_zpslpma27lv.png

• Options
    Emma_Smith101Emma_Smith101 Posts: 453 Member
    I probably sound stupid but how do you find out how many people are on and what is telemetry ?
    I share my builds and Sims' stories sometimes at: https://simplicityplaysss.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I probably sound plum but how do you find out how many people are on and what is telemetry ?

While in the game go to the gallery while online. That's the info Origin phones home to EA/Maxis to tell them what you do in your game and with who and what. It's been going on for years. Anytime you connect to your internet programs in your pc phone home to tell companies (game companies mostly) what you did in the game. You may never be aware you share this information. Unticking 'share info' doesn't actually make them not collect it.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Emma_Smith101Emma_Smith101 Posts: 453 Member
    @Cinebar thanks
    I share my builds and Sims' stories sometimes at: https://simplicityplaysss.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    CroxycookCroxycook Posts: 239 Member
    I'm really happy for everyone who've been waiting for toddlers.

And as someone whose been ambivalent about them in past iterations, I'm. Actually. Enjoying. Toddlers. Now!
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Croxycook wrote: »
    I'm really happy for everyone who've been waiting for toddlers.

And as someone whose been ambivalent about them in past iterations, I'm. Actually. Enjoying. Toddlers. Now!

That's exactly me. These are the first ever Sims toddlers that I love.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    mirta000 wrote: »
    @mirta000 - Yeah, I agree. I hope that players who took EA to task for holding out on toddlers this long are showing their support for the game since EA followed through. At the end of the day this is about business, yeah? I hope that sales this month will show that this was a good call.

And if you show me how, I'll go ahead and gift you with Dine Out today if you're up for it since we have a gifting option available now :relaxed:

That is silly generous of you. It works with just selecting a DLC and searching for a person by their Origin ID, however I would sort of feel bad, because to you I should be nothing but a random stranger on these forums.
    Plus I can technically buy it myself, but I'm stuck in this loop where Origin does not accept Paypal wallet payments, nor does Amazon, so I'm stuck waiting until and if Origin/Amazon gift cards become available on specific sites, so that I could pay with Paypal, then wait for the gift card, then buy the DLC. T_T

No worries. And I sent you a screencap, Origin won't let me gift 'mirta000' anyway. :disappointed:

Frankly, I just wanted to share the joy! If I were rich, I'd totally do an Oprah: "Toddlers are here, peeps! You get an EP! You get a GP! Everybody gets some DLC!" *lol*
  • Options
    GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    My daughter has logged 25 hours of game play already. She hasn't touched Sims 4 since 2014. I think we are ALL in love with the toddlers. By "we" I mean me and my kids. lol
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited January 2017
    Mchap353 wrote: »
    I found well over 130,000 Simmers online when I started the game as against 34 to 64,000 usually.

that does not seem as much people when you consider it has fans all over the world

we must not get a lot of players online
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    No worries. And I sent you a screencap, Origin won't let me gift 'mirta000' anyway. :disappointed:

Frankly, I just wanted to share the joy! If I were rich, I'd totally do an Oprah: "Toddlers are here, peeps! You get an EP! You get a GP! Everybody gets some DLC!" *lol*

I FIGURED IT OUT! Game.co.uk lets me buy The Sims 4 download codes with my paypal balance. Got myself Dine Out and looking forward to getting the vampire pack now :D
  • Options
    nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    mirta000 wrote: »

I FIGURED IT OUT! Game.co.uk lets me buy The Sims 4 download codes with my paypal balance. Got myself Dine Out and looking forward to getting the vampire pack now :D

YAY! Congratulations :smiley: Enjoy taking your sims out to eat!
  • Options
    BamajamBamajam Posts: 812 Member
    When toddlers first came out, I think I spent more time on forum reading others comments than I did playing. Everyone was so deliriously happy and their threads were hilarious.
  • Options
    MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    alexandrea wrote: »
    B) It's been a great year.

And it just started. Isn't that fantastic? :smiley:
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • Options
    CorvinowCorvinow Posts: 73 Member
    When I saw what was the update I didn't even know what to do first, read people's reaction on twitter, read the forum or download the update and play
    Or yet in wise old Ravenclaw If you've a ready mind, where those of wit and learning will always find their kind
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    It's nice to hear a lot of positive feedback. Finally. :)
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    Dreagen1Dreagen1 Posts: 570 Member
    I haven't touched my game for a little over half the year because it was boring to me. The minute toddlers were added I turned my game on so quick, and I have been playing all day long since they were released a couple days ago. They changed the game for me a whole lot because they were all I wanted in this game. I can actually enjoy it now! Plus they are so freaking cute! How could you resist! <3
  • Options
    gc6164gc6164 Posts: 516 Member
    I haven't stopped playing, the challenge of having toddlers make the game so much more fun :smiley:
    rqjiqrf78ux6.gif

• Options
    kimjo313kimjo313 Posts: 3,865 Member
    Mchap353 wrote: »
    I found well over 130,000 Simmers online when I started the game as against 34 to 64,000 usually.

It looks like there really was a "need" for toddlers that was disregarded for 2 years. From what I have seen and read the creators did an outstanding job. The depth of the characters makes toddlers look more detailed and true to life than the other life stages. Too bad the game as a whole did not get the same. What reflects to me the care that was taken to get toddlers right, is those that had no interest in playing toddlers are finding them to be fun in this iteration.

Who knows, maybe the change has come in part to the change at the top. Maybe the "new vision" is turning into more of a customer driven "vision"??? Maybe there is hope for more to follow and for TS5.

kim
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
    Abraham Lincoln

• Options
    midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
    My little darlings are back into my game and now I wanna play my family that has adopted little Ayla and watch her throw tantrums and get fussy with her food and everything else that comes with toddlers, love their animations, the clothes, hair, smiles, everything! ThankYou EA/Maxis! :smiley:
  • Options
    tobumontobumon Posts: 680 Member
    edited January 2017
    I've never liked toddlers and I will never have any in my households. That said, I am happy they're here, because now I don't have to scroll through a dozens of complaints whenever EA makes any announcements (I don't mean in this forum, but elsewhere). Unfortunately, now I have to go through dozens of complaints about lack of seasons and pets now that they can't complain about lack of toddlers anymore. I can't win.

P.S. I hope Pets is next, and that there's playable ferrets.