Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA silence on family play and family play fans

Comments

• Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited January 2017
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    NZsimm3r wrote: »
    Anyhoo... I take you guys will have all noticed that toddlers get auto-taught how to walk the instant they age up.

Nice way of saving on locomotive issues or a yukky shorty-cut? What do you think?

Well technically I really never started training my real children to walk until they were standing and attempting it on their own - so not really much difference. Usually a real toddler does not care to be taught to walk until they are standing well without holding on. My babies tended to stand before a year old - but was not happy if you made them let go of what ever they were holding them upright with and these toddlers look about 2 so they should be trying to walk on their own anyway. Sort of the parent is just helping them learn balance more than anything - and I sort of like that. A bit more realistic to me albeit a little late - but I can deal with it - I am just so happy we now have toddlers. There are just no way I am criticizing as let's face it they are pretty marvelous with all the little touches many of us so hoped for. No nitpicking from me. Too overjoyed. I do all I can to keep from sobbing again even as foolish as I know that must sound - I just can't help it.

Hubby thinks I have taken leave of my senses as it is. LOL.

Nope - I am just overjoyed.

My husband asked me about an hour ago how could I stand all that baby talk. lol I'm super happy with these toddlers! I'm with you. No way I'm going to complain about these toddlers. They are super great! every little facial emotion, babble, they can 'talk nonsense' they do all sorts of hilarious things. Throw fits on their parents, and each other. They really, really, really put a lot of work into them. I hope people take the time to just stay home with them and watch them a few days they are the best in the series in my opinion.

Most definitely. Just love them - and now I no longer feel I wasted my money on Sims 4. I just don't have any gripe left in me. LOL.

I think my hubby is just happy I am a blubbering fool over my game joy and that he didn't do anything he can't fathom to make me upset. He keeps telling me how happy he is I am suddenly so happy with my game.

He's like that - just a sweetheart for sure.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    edited January 2017
    Cinebar wrote: »
    NZsimm3r wrote: »
    Anyhoo... I take you guys will have all noticed that toddlers get auto-taught how to walk the instant they age up.

Nice way of saving on locomotive issues or a yukky shorty-cut? What do you think?

Well technically I really never started training my real children to walk until they were standing and attempting it on their own - so not really much difference. Usually a real toddler does not care to be taught to walk until they are standing well without holding on. My babies tended to stand before a year old - but was not happy if you made them let go of what ever they were holding them upright with and these toddlers look about 2 so they should be trying to walk on their own anyway. Sort of the parent is just helping them learn balance more than anything - and I sort of like that. A bit more realistic to me albeit a little late - but I can deal with it - I am just so happy we now have toddlers. There are just no way I am criticizing as let's face it they are pretty marvelous with all the little touches many of us so hoped for. No nitpicking from me. Too overjoyed. I do all I can to keep from sobbing again even as foolish as I know that must sound - I just can't help it.

Hubby thinks I have taken leave of my senses as it is. LOL.

Nope - I am just overjoyed.

My husband asked me about an hour ago how could I stand all that baby talk. lol I'm super happy with these toddlers! I'm with you. No way I'm going to complain about these toddlers. They are super great! every little facial emotion, babble, they can 'talk nonsense' they do all sorts of hilarious things. Throw fits on their parents, and each other. They really, really, really put a lot of work into them. I hope people take the time to just stay home with them and watch them a few days they are the best in the series in my opinion.

Most definitely. Just love them - and now I no longer feel I wasted my money on Sims 4. I just don't have any gripe left in me. LOL.

I think my hubby is just happy I am a blubbering fool over my game joy and that he didn't do anything he can't fathom to make me upset. He keeps telling me how happy he is I am suddenly so happy with my game.

He's like that - just a sweetheart for sure.

After playing with the toddlers yesterday and being so enamored with the amount of activities and detail they added, I went and bought all my missing packs. I feel they earned it and TS4 is now a game I want to play.

I remember the day they announced TS4 wouldn't have toddlers...I cried real tears for about a half hour. This has always been my favorite stage and it was truly missed. I just could not get into the game without them.

Now I'm not saying everything is perfect, actually, there is much that still needs work. However, what they added is goodwill and I finally feel like they did take our suggestions into account...So many of our ideas made it from that toddler sticky. Now that I know they can, I will fund them so they will keep ticking things off my wish list.
  • GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,612 Member
    Interesting to see that this thread has been moved to GD. I couldn't see it in feedback but a few other toddlers threads have been moved there instead lol

I wonder why they moved it.
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • juncedajunceda Posts: 2,614 Member

I´m just really happy with the toddlers, they are cute, I think they are the best of the game, the team has outdone itself on making them, I played for ten+ hours since they arrived, after reinstalling everything, OMG! buuuuuut I´m ready to start asking for free babies and preteens! in Spain we have a said "de pedir hasta hartar!" that says more or less "on asking to the top of it"
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

I can play at last TS2 TS3 and TS4 So great that toddlers are here!!!
  • ConclueConclue Posts: 2,307 Member
    I'm proud they did it. I'm too looking forward to joining the Sims 4 era. It's principle. :) They look like the best toddlers ever to boot, so I'm extra happy about that. I hope the developers know how happy we all are and how many people are coming back to the game :)
  • simspeaker4simspeaker4 Posts: 5,999 Member
    Wow! This thread got moved to GD? So... confused... :s;) Does this mean a Generations pack is coming?
    I am a perfectly decrepit withered old hag who enjoys self-mockery.

Need help falling asleep? http://wry7000.blogspot.com/
  • HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    Apparently someone decided that this thread was only about toddlers. And now that they're finally here, they're hoping that it sinks into oblivion I guess.

Toddlers are awesome and IMO set a new high bar for any future content they decide to add to this game; I hope they live up to the standard it sets. But they definitely aren't finished with the whole concept of adding 'family play' as far as I'm concerned. There are still plenty of things that need to be added and changed to make all family play with all ages as fantastic as the toddlers.
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • kimjo313kimjo313 Posts: 3,865 Member
    Apparently someone decided that this thread was only about toddlers. And now that they're finally here, they're hoping that it sinks into oblivion I guess.

Toddlers are awesome and IMO set a new high bar for any future content they decide to add to this game; I hope they live up to the standard it sets. But they definitely aren't finished with the whole concept of adding 'family play' as far as I'm concerned. There are still plenty of things that need to be added and changed to make all family play with all ages as fantastic as the toddlers.

Do you think the change in the "top" position had anything to do with the direction TS4 has gone? Toddlers look to be the most well thought out and implemented portion of TS4. Do you think this is something that will continue on with the game or just a lucky strike???

For me, the game in its entirety is still lacking in so many areas for it to be something that I would find entertaining.

kim

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
    Abraham Lincoln

• HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    I sure HOPE so, @limjo313 but of course I have no idea.

But for starters, the detail and awesomeness of the toddlers just highlights for me how lackluster the rest of the age stages are. I'm not sure I could maintain my interest in my family after the toddlers age up! I might have to just go around the neighborhood making each family have a few toddlers and then move on to another 'hood when they age up. :D

But you're right, it's not just the family play that is lacking but that was the topic of this thread, so that's what I was focusing on. But I do agree with you. That doesn't mean I don't love it that they were finally added. I was long ago at the point where I thought they were never coming!
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • zubrowkaszubrowkas Posts: 375 Member
    One could tell immediately from the internet presence and the pure cries of JOY that taking the step to add them breathed new life into the franchise and into the game itself. Toddlers now are the only bit of the game that truly make it feel like a genuine and thoughtful life simulator. I love how unpredictable the little squishes are. I love how interesting and unique their personalities are. I've played for days with them now and things still surprise me. Perhaps it's because the devs spent so much time on them that they finally feel REAL. We'll never know but anyhow it was the best possible step in the right direction for them to release them.
  • GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,612 Member
    edited January 2017
    Goodywood wrote: »
    Interesting to see that this thread has been moved to GD. I couldn't see it in feedback but a few other toddlers threads have been moved there instead lol

I wonder why they moved it.

Yeah, while I'm happy to see it back on the general discussion forum, I'm a bit ambivalent because it kinda reinforces my argument that our posts are censored to heavily-handed force a positive tone in the forums. Now that the toddler issue has been resolved, let's allow players to gush on this insanely long and active thread (that was kept buried under feedback for two years). The positive praise for a successful implementation of toddlers does not negate the two years of silence that players had to endure. If they are restoring this thread now, there is no reason why it should have been moved in the first place. Meh. It's almost as if they view constructive feedback as a threat :unamused:

I agree with you. Or maybe they can only bring up things to the higher ups if the post came from the Feedback section? So now that toddlers are added they assume that is what the thread was only about and moved back to GD?

Either way, I think we deserve to know why it was move. This isn't just some random thread...
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • Sc3niXSc3niX Posts: 2,468 Member
    Can somebody make a #freethebabies collage for us like they did with toddlers?
  • Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    bethyGrace wrote: »

This is so true. After playing the Sims 4 for an entire day so I could experience these little people I am so, so impressed. They are so great, they highlight the shallow-ness of the other life stages :D

@SimGuruDrake please pass this on to the dev team -

These toddlers are the most amazing, well thought out, in depth, unique and wonderful Sims content I have seen in a very, very long time. It's clear that you guys realised you needed to not only give us toddlers, but give us the best toddlers ever - and you've nailed it, in my opinion. I'm sure you'll reap the rewards in terms of positive sales growth (I know I am looking at filling out my Sims 4 collection of EPs and SPs and GPs now!!) and I hope this goes to show what taking on community feedback can accomplish.

But there's still so much to work on. To start with, my new T-word is TEEEEEENAGERS. The toddlers are so unique and wonderful, it really is a very special stage in the life of the sims and I love all the unique things they can do and learn. It feels different. It feels wonderful. The same should be for the teenage life stage. Like, they need an overhaul, lol. I want to feel like I'm playing a completely unique and wonderful part of my sims' lives when they are teens too.
    * Hormones
    * Acne
    * Body changes
    * Important Firsts
    * Unique clothes and hairstyles
    * Attraction

I would actually be happy to see a Game Pack all about teens. Like, I'm SO happy toddlers were free. Thank you so much. But I would actually pay for a completely teenage themed game pack and/or stuff pack.

I also have a P-word - PERSONALITY. After playing TS2 for the last 2 years, I loaded up TS4 today, looked at my adult sims and went, "wait, who are you? What do you want? What are your interests? What are your goals? What sorts of sims do you like and not like?" and there really wasn't much there to answer my questions. I have three main things I would like to see:
    * Interests - that dictate who my sims get along with, can have a pleasant conversation with, and can become friends with
    * Attraction - self explanatory
    * Speech bubbles, so we can see why our sims are or are not getting along ^_^

But seriously though, WELL DONE. Major props. I was so, so happy playing all day yesterday. My favourite thing was when my toddler was still asleep and mum & dad had to get up early to shower and eat before he woke up, because when he did... IT STARTS! lol. Second favourite thing was seeing them all sitting around the table eating. TOO PRECIOUS. Wow. I'm in love.

That's all :) Going back into my game now eeeeeeee! ^_^

Edit - I am also team #FreeTheBabies :D

I have to agree. I play TS2 and TS3 and there are still so many things missing in the Teenage years. Your first kiss (I still love that cut scene animation from TS2), sneaking out, unique clothes, unique styles. Yes, there are some things a teen should be able to do like YA or adults (like cooking or taking care of the baby/toddler/child) and they should have their own part time jobs (like working at the local burger joint or blogging online).

I do miss the attraction/likes and dislikes from TS2 and TS3.

And yes, please free the poor babies from their confinement as an object. :)
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    @mirta000 totally agree with all of that - I'd also love it if my kids weren't called to "guy's night out" (I generally think the way GT texts & calls are done should be reworked, some of them just don't make any sense, like people calling my kids to congratulate them on becoming friends with their parents or siblings). I don't think a lot of 10 year olds go to such nights with young adults ... am I wrong? lol So yes, more teen / kid specific interactions / moodlets / activities is definitely still a must, and while they're on that, please please tone down the GT message system. Sometimes, it's just horrible ;)
  • DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    mirta000 wrote: »
    In hopes that someone sees this, I might as well throw my family play suggestions to the pot:

- I don't want the child lifestage to be completely redesigned, however I wish that in a free update child wishes got changed to represent child activities (more play, less wanting to have a mud bath, or study skills). I also feel like we're lacking a lot of physical play with siblings and parents when it comes to this lifestage. Chasing each other around, as Cops and Robbers, playing floor is lava (oh it would be so nice to see children jumping around tables, sofas and chairs), being spun around by an adult, playing hop scotch, jump rope, marry mack, chase each other with water guns.
    I know that times have changed and a lot more children spend time inside in front of a computer, but I still see them do plenty of these physical games outside. I think if we just had those kind of physical play interactions and children had more child-like whims, the lifestate would feel much better.

- teenagers could do with a some redesign. Their height should be changed to be at least slightly shorter than adults and they should exhibit more rebellious behavior. Sneaking off with your crush, colouring your hair all sorts of things, staying past your curthew, trying to get your ears pierced without your parents permission, getting in trouble with your parents for all of it and yelling how they just don't understand. As a lifestate this one tends to be impulsive, over-emotional, over-reacting and even the good behaved teens should struggle with that to an extent.

- I wish for better elder wishes. Such as to cook meals and bring meals to their grandchildren, to ask your children for grandchildren, pester them about how they should marry, want to prove that they're still young at heart by taking up daily exercise, or try to prove that they're still hip by getting into rock music and such things. The way that I envision elders, is they should be very caring towards younger children and they should make teenagers eyes roll with trying to prove that they still understand the young generation. They should be the cournerstone of the family with plenty of good advice and their posture should change over the ears to be slighly bent over, while their face gets wrinkles. I feel like we're still missing some of that.

- I wish for the ability to run a daycare again. The job from The Sims 3, where people just drop their children off at your house daily and you try and keep their needs satisfied.

- I wish for private schools if anything, just for the uniform. There are still plenty of private schools in most countries that do enforce uniforms and it's somewhat nostalgic to see your kids going to school wearing that.

- Being able to sign your kids up for afterschool activities (even though really it's just a rabbit hole), with them liking or hating said activities, would be awesome.

- proms and graduations! Once again, can be a rabbit hole, but I sincerely miss them.
    This may look like I'm promoting my Suggestion, but I would recommend instead of redesigning, this should be applied instead (at least for teens if not for age group):
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/909405/size-petition#latest
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    @mirta000 I love all your ideas. I also have been wanting more interactions between siblings. I wish that teens could tease their younger siblings (poke fun). Maybe younger siblings could get on their older siblings nerves with wanting to tag along or copy them. I'm hoping that with a generations gp/ep that some of these things will be implemented. :) I miss the children being children really, and teens being more rebellious.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • LynarielaLynariela Posts: 3,297 Member
    Mstybl95 wrote: »
    After playing with the toddlers yesterday and being so enamored with the amount of activities and detail they added, I went and bought all my missing packs. I feel they earned it and TS4 is now a game I want to play.

I remember the day they announced TS4 wouldn't have toddlers...I cried real tears for about a half hour. This has always been my favorite stage and it was truly missed. I just could not get into the game without them.

Now I'm not saying everything is perfect, actually, there is much that still needs work. However, what they added is goodwill and I finally feel like they did take our suggestions into account...So many of our ideas made it from that toddler sticky. Now that I know they can, I will fund them so they will keep ticking things off my wish list.

Within 2 hours of playing toddlers, I went and bought City Living and Get Together. I haven't got all the stuff packs I'm missing yet (I only had Spa Day, Get to Work, and Outdoor Retreat until Thursday rolled around) but I'll buy a couple each month until I catch up. I think a lot of us feel like we're seeing a return on our investment into the franchise again. This, in a free patch, was EXACTLY what needed to happen.

Twitter, Twitch, and Gallery ID - Lynariela
  • lulubadwolflulubadwolf Posts: 630 Member
    @mirta000 I love your suggestion ( and i add special interaction for twin and triplet, there is so much mystery/ myth around them that there is definitively something good to do with them ) except the teens height, it doesn't bother me mostly because most of the teens i knew were already as tall as adult, or already has their adult height when they were teen (including me). Of course they were smaller when they were preteens in some way.
  • Kathy090660Kathy090660 Posts: 813 Member
    I love the toddlers so much I played till 1 am last night. EA done so great with the toddlers
    newsims4siggg_zps62d6d1ba.png

A Rainbow is a promise of God
  • KrayzieStrykerKrayzieStryker Posts: 2,646 Member
    Well it finally happend haha. Thats great :smiley:
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top