Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA silence on family play and family play fans

Comments

• Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    I've been trying to play this cute couple I made back when I bought City Living (Target had a 50% off sale a while back). She's pregnant, so they are the perfect test couple for checking out toddlers. Problem is, I've been up since 3:30 (I worked 6am-2:30 today, ugh) and I can't keep my eyes open. Their mini-penthouse apartment is all set up with an adorable kid's room, complete with all of the neat toddler items. I love the cute little kitty toy, is that new or have we had it for a while and I missed it?

But I think I'm going to have to play them tomorrow after a good night's sleep. I'll go check out the toddlers in CAS for now, and get some rest.
  • cherparcherpar Posts: 2,092 Member
    edited January 2017
    That's a shame about dine out, I love seeing families at resturants when running my resturants. I would also like clubs to cater for them better as well. But this doesn't take away my excitement from having toddlers..... Still so happy.

@Slyvanas I really love dine out and spa day. The sp I use the most is perfect patio for the hot tub. GT - I like clubs and also having them throughout the world, adds immersion, plus dj and danicng skills. CL does add a beautiful world and some great things like basketball, karaoke and has a semi active careers. You get the option to work from home, which I love. It also has a video console ( small) and multiplayer - my families use it all the time.
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    I am really, really, really impressed with the Toddlers.

It's no secret I am not a fan of TS4, but I think they did an amazing job with the Toddlers.
    If we ever get a Generations EP, I hope it will have the same level of detail the toddlers have. I love the interactions and the gameplay that came with them.

It's been over 2 years, but well done!
  • alyssasim87alyssasim87 Posts: 1,277 Member
    When I first noticed a video on youtube that toddlers were here. I thought it was a joke. Or another one of the videos that werent official that didnt actually prove toddlers will exist. Then I clicked the vid of course cuz if something says toddlers I click. But this time it was official and real. I just said what no no way. So I watched a few vidoes and updated my game. Luckily for me even though I had no hope toddlers would be in the game I still couldnt give up the sims 4. So I had it installed. I down loaded the update. Went in the game to my newest file which was about city living and family and remembered that I had a baby I hadnt yet aged up and boy was I glad I didnt because most of my babies had aged up to children. So I saw a toddler jump into the dads arms and I loved it. I played it for awhile. Went to bed, got up later and thought it had to be a dream. But then it turned out to be real. Im so thankful for these toddlers and I was so suprised. I was always unsure whether the sims 4 would make it or not. But it was getting better and better. And with the last ep and then the new vampire pack coming out and now this. Im sure the sims 4 will be around for awhile. I feel a lot more sure about it and the developers and what they can do with the sims 4.
    my origin id is simkitten87

Im a simmer forever <3
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,554 Member
    Have you seen that cats and dogs will be coming, too?

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15463221#Comment_15463221
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    83bienchen wrote: »

Yeah really curious about them! I never was a fan of the horses in TS3, but I loved having a cat or dog. It just makes the family ''complete'' I guess.

If there is already coding for them in the gamefiles, I think we will maybe see the next EP in the next quarter. (April-June). Maybe that even means we will even 2 EPs this year.. let's hope!
  • NShippudenFanNShippudenFan Posts: 3,825 Member
    Couldn't help but notice the parallels/similarities of these pics x).
    Then-

Vb0VOk6l.png?1

Now-

f20MJLR.png
    LOVER of all things cosplay, anime, cats, Shadowhunters, and Sims 4!

Origin ID: Sims4Girl202

• king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member

Cats and dogs but no horses?
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member

Cats and dogs but no horses?

Horses were found in the code too afaik
  • JouvayJouvay Posts: 834 Member
    Congrats everyone and congrats to the Devs. I am still shaken and stunned- I only found out about this an hour ago. They are so well done, Imma gonna cry..!
  • juncedajunceda Posts: 2,614 Member

Hi you´ll!

I have to comment because I´ve so many times stated that toddlers were never coming to TS4 that I feel rather unfeithfull, malicious and even somehow silly... but you know... everything was telling us that toddlers would never be...

Any way all is good if it ends well and all that trouble about toddlers is off and for good so lets cheer up and go to play them a little. I reinstalled TS4, made a couple of families with toddlers and they are cute, good animations and interactions, they made me make peaces with TS4 for sure.

Playing the game again from scratch is not all rainbows, all my mods are updated and I have to rebuild and reinstall a bunch of lots and households, but again that´s also playing IMO. I will do it by and by because though I can play TS4 now without that bad feeling of "before toddlers" times, there is still the lack of World, CASt, terrain tools etc, there is still the repetitiveness and the RPG vibe, there are still the teleporting, the culling and the loading screens, but all in all it is a Sims game and I will be glad to play it from time to time along with TS2 to have a break from my great favourite TS3.

Plus I have the feeling, may be I am an evil person for that, that "we have won", they (EA) said (mostly with their silence) that toddlers were difficult to do and out of "their visión", they (TS4 lovers) said that the game was perfect without them because they were useless and a burden, well, here they are, and we, those who kept on asking for them, family players who kept on whiming and complainning have won! let´s cheer up!

TS4 is now a better game, we simmers are to congratulate for this!

I send you all my love!
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

I can play at last TS2 TS3 and TS4 So great that toddlers are here!!!
  • Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    Now that I've played babies for longer than 5 minutes (I used to age them up immediately), I think I've figured out why I don't like the TS4 babies as much. They look odd to me without eyebrows. I always liked being able to determine what their hair color would be in TS2 by looking at their eyebrows. Other than that, I'm having fun. I can't wait until it's time for Fern to be a toddler.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    edited January 2017
    Goodywood wrote: »
    Just to let you know toddlers can't use Dine out
    Someone posted a work around for that where you can add highchairs into the restaurant, bring the toddler to the Lot and sit with them, then serve them food just as your own meal is being served. Not brilliant, but do-able.

Can you give me a link to the work around? I also want to know about toddlers and GTW... can they get check ups or whatever?
    It didn't work for me when I tried it, here is a thread I started about it: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/909246/toddlers-excluded

Wouldn't it have been great if our sims could have had toddler patients too!

I was thinking of a workaround for this in bed last night (lol) - I already have a copy of the hospital in one of my hoods and had made a childs ward with it (now also with beds). I was thinking maybe to have someone in the doctor career and get them to make a doctors club where everyone has to wear medical clothes as their club outfit (not sure if that is possible). Then you could have a club gathering and pretend to see patients at the hospital. A bit lame, but might bring some good screenshots.

Edit. I think I have overdosed on toddler pictures! I have been seeing shots of toddlers going potty, toddlers in the bath, toddlers eating... and that darn repetitive toddlers being tossed around and onto a sims back... think I need to stop looking at them for a while!
  • LunaNovaLunaNova Posts: 1,239 Member
    Its so great to see everyone enjoying their families <3 this is so exciting!
    tumblr_ox7j4tmNjd1wqkiw6o1_1280.png
    //Sims Tumblr Here-MoonPhase Simblr//Berry Sims Here- MoonBerry Sims//
    Let me make you a cute forum avatar [Closed right noww!! will re-open closer to cats and dogs!] //
    Um... what's with all the thread moves? I'm confused! So many moved about into different forums, I keep thinking I'm in some parallel universe :o
  • BeaEllaBeaElla Posts: 366 Member
    I honestly feel like I'm playing the game for the very first time. I'm getting these The Sims 2 nostalgia feelings - just figuring everything out about how the lifestage works. It's amazing. I guess I never new how big an influence toddlers had on my gameplay and my gaming experience.
    My chaotic simblr
  • MaMaTwinklebirdMaMaTwinklebird Posts: 169 Member
    So happy we have toddlers back !! :) I don't know where to start on buying game again :p I guess I will start with City Living and next payday get the Get together. I hope everyone is enjoying these cute little tots <3
    x4f9t5.jpg
  • 73silvy7373silvy73 Posts: 36 Member
    I want to thank all the EA/Maxis staff for the wonderful job they did with toddlers. They are perfect! Really!
  • juncedajunceda Posts: 2,614 Member

WOW! we are now in General discuccion fórum... we won!
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

I can play at last TS2 TS3 and TS4 So great that toddlers are here!!!
  • GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    Man, when my daughter told me we got toddlers I almost called her a liar. I had just woken from a nap. I dove out of bed and went to YT first, watched like a bajillon videos, and it still hadn't fully sunken in. Even after playing with toddlers I'm still in awww. It's like I'm waiting to wake up from this dream. lol Now they need to liberate the babies! #NoMoreObjectBabies!
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

Would we get to stay in GD if we start talking about #FreeTheBabies or do you think they would relegate us back into feedback? :D And what about preteens? Not wishing to be greedy or anything :p
  • JessicaSimstonJessicaSimston Posts: 2,519 Member
    edited January 2017
    Tbh I wouldn't be surprised if the babies got freed from the bassinet soon. The gurus excuse was they were be worried about routing issues etc occurring, but toddlers worked fine and I imagine babies would be even easier to do as all they'd have to do is work out how to transfer the infant from object to object, rather than programming the infant to walk around. And babies already have their main animations. I'm no coding expert so correct me if I'm wrong but I can't imagine infants being anywhere near as complicated as toddlers were. #freethebabies :p
    Post edited by JessicaSimston on
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top