Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

You know you're a TS3 addict when...

Comments

• JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    When you stare at all the houses that go past while riding in the car and wonder if you can recreate it in the game.
    I even take pictures sometimes and use those :p

I just use Google Earth. :D
    By remembering where a house is you mean?
    5JZ57S6.png
  • laydaywaylaydayway Posts: 259 Member
    you know your'e a sims addict when yous see a pieces of furniture in a store and scream out THATS IN THE SIMS!!!!
  • HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    edited January 2017
    @JoAnne65 if I find a house I want to recreate, instead of taking pictures I will use Google Earth (GE) to get a look at it. Sometimes I do that on my desktop and take pics of my screen on my tablet so I can reference it while I build.

I'm too self-conscious to take pictures of someone else's house from my car or where ever. Makes me feel like a stalker. :D

But I've even done it for commercial buildings I want to build a likeness of because it's just easier. And yes I do need to know where it's located on a real map in order to do that, and Google Earth doesn't always cover all sides of the building. There is an old train depot in town that I need to physically go take pictures of one of these days because I can only see three sides of it on GE.
    Post edited by HappySimmer3 on
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited January 2017
    This is kind of off-topic, but just recently I pulled up Google Street View images of where I used to work a long time ago, is that almost the same thing? From the front and two sides, it was a new building. They really had torn the old one down and rebuilt (it needed it!). From the back, it was a torn up vacant lot with rubble everywhere. Seems that Google got a couple of years out of sync with the front views and the back view as they were different streets.

So how am I supposed to re-create that in TS3? :p
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    edited January 2017
    LOL! That's hilarious! They don't update the pics every year. In fact I have no idea what schedule they're on! But yes, that is the idea. I 'floated' down Bourbon Street one day (in New Orleans for those who might not know) when I was bored and re-created a couple of buildings I saw (although not claiming they were super duper fantastic builds because I'm just an average builder!).
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • OriginalMaraOriginalMara Posts: 1,669 Member
    I know! And the Google Earth and the street view cams are not in sync either. Just focusing in on my house, it looks different in both overhead and street, haha.

And slightly more off-topic... a few months ago, one of the Google street view cars had a fender bender in my city, haha.
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I start making plans for what to do with my farm only to remember I still live in a city in real life and can only be a farmer in my game until I'm able to get moved out on my own.I won't be living in a big city when I get my own place.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
    @HappySimmer3 Haha, I'm shameless I fear :D I must add I'm often on holiday when I see suitable houses because I like to build 'foreign'. So my camera is hanging round my neck then anyway and I look rather like a tourist than a stalker (I hope :p ). Seriously though, it's a good idea, Google Earth. Hadn't thought of that yet.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • WaterdragonWaterdragon Posts: 780 Member
    ... you have "Amazing Facsimile" as your ringtone. And didn´t think of it right off the bat.
    My sim´s antics: http://waterdragonsblog.com/
    My studio: http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/WatrDragon/mystudio

Just assume that every edit I make is because of typos.
  • HARIBOWSHARIBOWS Posts: 115 Member
    When your Sim is out and sees another Sim they know and you think 'Oh I must drop by their house and have a catch-up with them soon!' as if they were real people. :D
  • HARIBOWSHARIBOWS Posts: 115 Member
    Or when you do something mean to another Sim and genuinely feel bad about it for a while. I ruined poor Conor Frio's life in one game and now every time I see him in other games I feel really bad. :D
  • JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    When you dream in simlish and it makes sense.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited January 2017
    You jump up and down watching Michael Moore's 'Where to invade next', shouting: "That's from Sims 3! That tune, that's from Sims 3!"
    (yesterday evening, husband looking up as if he just realized he had married a toddler)

LOL :D I feel that's kind of the look my bf gave me when I came downstairs smiling like a psycho, exclaiming "Omg Toddlers, they added toddlers!!!!"

ETA: to the OP, I'm not exactly as addicted as others but it's when I'm asked to come downstairs or to bed or whatever, and I say "sure let me just finish this day and save" and by the next time the person checks up on me my sims have gotten their university degrees, expanded their homes, had kids who are a few days away from being adults themselves ^^
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,018 Member
    When you stare at all the houses that go past while riding in the car and wonder if you can recreate it in the game.
    I do that all the time! Lol.

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,018 Member
    Odonata68 wrote: »
    When you see a customer/patient with an interesting face at work and wonder if you could recreate it in game.
    I do that as much as the houses!

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    edited January 2017

SimTrippy wrote: »
    You jump up and down watching Michael Moore's 'Where to invade next', shouting: "That's from Sims 3! That tune, that's from Sims 3!"
    (yesterday evening, husband looking up as if he just realized he had married a toddler)

LOL :D I feel that's kind of the look my bf gave me when I came downstairs smiling like a psycho, exclaiming "Omg Toddlers, they added toddlers!!!!"

ETA: to the OP, I'm not exactly as addicted as others but it's when I'm asked to come downstairs or to bed or whatever, and I say "sure let me just finish this day and save" and by the next time the person checks up on me my sims have gotten their university degrees, expanded their homes, had kids who are a few days away from being adults themselves ^^

I have this problem! I told my Husband at the weekend I would save after Spooky Day. I ended up saving after the Spring festival :p

Luckily I have a very understanding husband lol
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member

I have this problem! I told my Husband at the weekend I would save after Spooky Day. I ended up saving after the Spring festival :p

Luckily I have a very understanding husband lol

Yeah I think he's started to accept it though. He'll take one look at the screen and say "I kind of knew this, so I already downloaded 2 movies yesterday" ^^
    ROFL, love this topic :D
    5JZ57S6.png
  • groozlygroozly Posts: 3 New Member
    When you spend your life more on the Sims than in reality.
  • Supersoph13Supersoph13 Posts: 647 Member
    It's your birthday and all you can think of is....."when can I play Sims?!" haha. :blush::flushed: On a side note, it's my birthday today....well technically yesterday now as it's past midnight where I am :sweat_smile:
    My Sim, living her best life...
    pxs8nzx2nk1b.png
    #RagsToRiches
  • Supersoph13Supersoph13 Posts: 647 Member
    Odonata68 wrote: »

Yup! I do that too! lol :D

Haha, me as well!

Or when you wake up in the morning and realize in one of your dreams, you were playing Sims.

I've done that :lol: - I built an amazing house in my dream once, when I woke up I quickly got a pen and paper and drew it out before I forgot the floorplan! haha
    My Sim, living her best life...
    pxs8nzx2nk1b.png
    #RagsToRiches
  • TinySpaceFoxTinySpaceFox Posts: 1,110 Member
    When you can remember Simlish song lyrics better than the actual lyrics.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top