Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

♦ The Gifting Directory ♦ Happy 11th Anniversary!

Comments

• LillaGrisenLillaGrisen Posts: 510 Member
    Oh I'm so glad I'm not the only one that feels this way! On the Sims 4 general forum there's nothing but love but I'm still very critical, there's still too much missing to make it a full game. They are on the right track though with the City Living, Toddlers, Vampires and clear signs of Pets coming. I guess there has been a change in staff or something that the game finally starts to look like it's going somewhere.

Call me cynical, but I think that these changes to TS4 have nothing to do with a change of staff. I think it's because they had to push it out when it wasn't a full game, and now they get praised for adding what shouldn't have been lacking to begin with.
    Still, I'm glad for all the TS4 simmers who now have toddlers! :smile:
    Don't worry about it ;)
  • Jude525Jude525 Posts: 1,696 Member
    @charlotteprice congratulations on retirement! I can only imagine what shifting your sleep schedule might be like. But on the up side, there is no horrible consequence to sleeping in by mistake! If you haven't already, consider taking melatonin to boost the shift in your body chemistry. You've been producing it at a very different time of day for so long perhaps the supplement will help. In fairness, it's never done a thing for me, but I have family members who swear by it.

Otherwise, just enjoy the freedom this will give you to discover and enjoy new things.
    aka Jude
    I own the store as of 1+7/17/17

My Studio

My build thread in the Creative Corner
  • SjappielovePaulSjappielovePaul Posts: 4,794 Member
    Jude525 wrote: »
    @charlotteprice congratulations on retirement! I can only imagine what shifting your sleep schedule might be like. But on the up side, there is no horrible consequence to sleeping in by mistake! If you haven't already, consider taking melatonin to boost the shift in your body chemistry. You've been producing it at a very different time of day for so long perhaps the supplement will help. In fairness, it's never done a thing for me, but I have family members who swear by it.

Otherwise, just enjoy the freedom this will give you to discover and enjoy new things.

There's different doses and ways to take melatonin. I used to get 3mg and had to just take them with a glass of water, didn't do anything at all. Now I have the 3mg that have to melt under the tongue and I'm out within half an hour.
    Don't forget to take care of yourself every now and then in this big chaotic world!
    pkJ66Kv.png
    Some links that helped me a lot:
    Missing Store Stencils / Free Kiddy Stuff / Daily Deals / Daily Deals Spreadsheets / The Gifting Directory
  • GREENEYAGREENEYA Posts: 7,796 Member
    From my TOP 5!

@Taw3001 thanks for the Fit for a Queen, Royal Pavilion, The Queen's Dress, King's Finest Robes and Lady in Waiting !!! <3

I love these medieval stuff :) !!!

I have updated my Top 5 list HERE :D
  • elphieluvrelphieluvr Posts: 119 Member
    I avoid the TS4 forums for exactly that reason, @SjappielovePaul.

I'm not too impressed with Vampires because they're my least favorite of the supernatural types available in previous version expansions. I'm sure people who regularly play Vampire Sims will feel differently, but to me, it's not a core feature of the game. What I really want is a University expansion, and more/better career choices. (On that one, though, I could just be salty, because my favorite character to play is on a custom career I made for TS3 and I'm annoyed I lack the skills to convert the mod to TS4.)
    I'm Leila, but I also answer to Elphie.
    Wishlist
  • TamaekTamaek Posts: 440 Member
    I'm actually a little annoyed they didn't say anything :') their fans asked questions and I still believe we deserved an answer. But I'm autistic and probably the only one who thinks this surprise is in bad taste after everything that has been said and done.

I still won't leave Sims 3, the S4 toddlers look too grown-up for me to leave Sims 3. And still the artstyle that bothers me offcourse ;)

But I do think EA deserves one little compliment. City Living, Vampires and Toddlers were very good moves, I hope they keep going on this track! Maybe I may grow to like it one day.

It's not just you. I'm both excited and miffed at the sudden announcement of toddlers but at least they (finally) gave them to us. And I'm excited about Vampires because having its own game pack means LOTS of vampire features but on the other hand it means they are charging for a game pack for each supernatural that they release. :neutral: I still like the Sims 3 though, I've been playing it with all my new content but I think I'm going to need to start a new save because the game keeps having issues with the existing saves from before I rearranged all my stuff. *sniffle* It's not even the sims I'm going to miss so much as the neighborhood. I worked so hard on it. Although that does give me an excuse to try out some of my new neighborhoods... Hmmm.... lol
    As of 12-18-16 I joined the Own The Store Club! Now I get to pay it forward! Thanks to everyone who helped me get here. You guys are amazing. ^_^ Love to you all!! <3

Looking to make the most of your Simpoints and maybe make some great friends along the way?

Check out the DD Rotation Thread for tips, tricks, tools and the whole DD rotation schedule.

Need a little help owning the store or want to help others? Head over to The Gifting Directory!
  • Nomiko13Nomiko13 Posts: 1,497 Member
    Ktarian wrote: »
    I don't know if this will help anyone else... but I've been noticing the last few days that I can only get maybe 50-100 points before ads stop appearing for me. Tonight, after the ads petering out as usual, I noticed that at the top of my browser there was a little red x. I clicked on it, and it said that a script or something had been blocked on this page. So I set it to always allow them, and refreshed the page, and promptly got an ad.

I earned around 800 simpoints the other day because of what you informed us about :open_mouth:<3 It was a long 6 hours, but worth it in my opinion :smiley:
    ▼add/follow▼
    ●【youtube】【 sims 3 page】【gallery】●

mario_10.jpg
    ●|| free items | daily deals | cascades |thank you ||●
    ▲still waiting on sims 4 generations▲
    ▶owner of the store since 9/21/2017◀
    About Sims 4, I'm ecstatic the toddlers are here now. At first, I was thinking, they should've added them in the base game period or released TS4 when the toddlers were done, but now I feel that had they released TS4 so many years behind TS3, they probably would've gotten complaints regardless with simmers who would ask, "where's TS4 at? we're waiting". If they been working on them for years, that means they were quite possibly working on them right at the release of TS4. Honestly, quality over quantity, in my opinion. Sure, it was 2-3 years later than the release of the base game, but I see they did an excellent job at the developing of the little monsters xD I'm not a tech savvy person but if it took them years to complete them, it must've took them strenuous technical efforts in doing so.

However, the toddlers are SO much hard work now :worried: My sims are going to be one stressed out family, because we have twin babies... r.i.p. to me. But anyways, I kinda feel incomplete playing TS4 because there's still packs I gotta buy (Dine Out GP, City Living EP, Vintage Glamor SP, Backyard SP, Kids Room SP, Romantic Garden SP, Movie Hangout SP) and more future packs to come, whereas, with TS3, I have everything - just buying premium and custom content to enjoy it a bit more :blush: - I'd rather play the precedent game with ALL the packs, because that = more stuff to do :)
    ▼add/follow▼

mario_10.jpg
  • neenahhhneenahhh Posts: 130 Member
    edited January 2017
    @TrevorJ Thank you again !!! :heart:

@Ktarian @Nomiko13 May I ask what browser you guys use? I'm a Safari user, and ever since December of last year, I still haven't been able to get ads constantly. I'm lucky if I see even one a day now!

Also: I finally got Origin to work again on my Mac using this link! https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/how-to-reset-origin-on-mac/
    Post edited by neenahhh on
    Hi, I'm Nina! | WishlistTop 5 | Currently on a mission | Daily DealsCascades
    o02kvr.png
    "You've turned out to be the first doctor ever actually to make a difference to my life."
    neenahhh wrote: »

@Ktarian @Nomiko13 May I ask what browser you guys use? I'm a Safari user, and ever since December of last year, I still haven't been able to get ads constantly. I'm lucky if I see even one a day now!

Also: I finally got Origin to work again on my Mac using this link! https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/how-to-reset-origin-on-mac/

@neenahhh I use Google Chrome~
    ▼add/follow▼

mario_10.jpg
  • taratownietaratownie Posts: 167 Member
    Thank you again @TrevorJ for your gift! <3
    I have everything I want from the Sims 3 Store. Thanks again for everyone who helped <3
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member

There's different doses and ways to take melatonin. I used to get 3mg and had to just take them with a glass of water, didn't do anything at all. Now I have the 3mg that have to melt under the tongue and I'm out within half an hour.

Thank you both for your suggestion! The last two nights I have went to bed around 10pm and I woke up about 5am. I do get up every couple hours to go to the bathroom, but that has been going on for quite a while :D at least I can go back to sleep!

I am hoping I am almost there, because its not just the sleep schedule, but I take injections also (for MS) and I need to sleep thru those side effects! It has been a challenge, even my other meds (diabetes and cholesterol) as I have missed some doses of them. I feel I am getting there now, and I love the fact I am up all day :D

I will give melatonin a try next week if I get messed up again, but I think I am there *fingers crossed*
  • AuzzPandaAuzzPanda Posts: 1,235 Member
    edited January 2017
    @cristill13 OH thank goodness, I was really worried you weren't seeing it. Really do appreciate it :) I tried saving the comment without the ''@'', then putting it back in to see if that would notify, I'm not sure if it works..

@Breazona
    Aww.. Are you not playing any Sims games at the moment?
    REALLY. I always felt like I was the only one who loved the hair movement. Yey! I miss it so much. And actually it was rather rude of TS4 trailer to have made me think that the hair was gonna move.
    Notice at 1:04 when the sims arrive that their hair moves:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLmN1D1P2RI
    It excited me since the graphics were so... Uuuh. Not my taste, they could've at least made it move right xD

Yeah, it's great at details TS2. Can you believe there are still small things I hadn't seen even after 6 years of playing it? To every extent.

@charlotteprice
    You retired? That's great! (Well, is it, are you glad?) Hope the sleeping gets better..
    23rif7.gif
  • AshleyMaryLoveAshleyMaryLove Posts: 61 Member
    http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=AshleyMaryLove

Updated Top 5:
    1.Athena's Olive Tree (58)
    2. The Dramatic Palm (25)
    3. Floral Fruits (19)
    4. Potted Cherry Blossom (25)
    5. Hydro Fission Aquarium (124)

Thank you to everyone who helps <3
  • SjappielovePaulSjappielovePaul Posts: 4,794 Member

Thank you both for your suggestion! The last two nights I have went to bed around 10pm and I woke up about 5am. I do get up every couple hours to go to the bathroom, but that has been going on for quite a while :D at least I can go back to sleep!

I am hoping I am almost there, because its not just the sleep schedule, but I take injections also (for MS) and I need to sleep thru those side effects! It has been a challenge, even my other meds (diabetes and cholesterol) as I have missed some doses of them. I feel I am getting there now, and I love the fact I am up all day :D

I will give melatonin a try next week if I get messed up again, but I think I am there *fingers crossed*

That's good to hear that your sleep seems to be on point now :) I still find it challenging to take my meds on the same time every day and to be honest, I know I don't do it. I take them before I go to bed because I know I will forget them if I try any other time of the day.
    Don't forget to take care of yourself every now and then in this big chaotic world!
    pkJ66Kv.png
    Some links that helped me a lot:
    Missing Store Stencils / Free Kiddy Stuff / Daily Deals / Daily Deals Spreadsheets / The Gifting Directory
    edited January 2017
    AWWWW @Tamaek, I feel so special! Happy panda be happening. Thank you so much! Really hope you can get them back soon DX
    *Party*
    X5qLazz.jpg
    How pretty is the sky in TS3.
    23rif7.gif
    edited January 2017
    AND @charlotteprice oh my loordness you guys completely vanquished my wishlist. Thank you : ) SO EXCITING. Wow things are getting very green on the spreadsheet ^o^
    *More party*
    u3OP4xh.jpg
    23rif7.gif
    Hopefully my last thought on TS4 (for now:) I don't like Vampires. Never played them in any version of the game. But as far as releasing them on their own boding poorly for future supernatural Sims, remember that they were released with Late Night, not Supernatural, and then the others were grouped together in Supernatural. Something similar may happen with 4. Maybe it's a demographics thing about who plays vamps vs who plays all the others. I also don't play zombies. If they do release them en masse, and I break and buy them, I hope they have the switch for them like in 3 so that I can shut them off. Or at least make them less intrusive.
    aka Jude

My Studio

Oh, and points are slow and steady on the Windows system with Chrome. One or two hundred a day, which is plenty for what I need these days.

@neenahhh I also have more success with Chrome on my Mac.
    aka Jude

My Studio

• AstreiaAstreia Posts: 262 Member
    edited January 2017
    Congratulations on your retirement @charlotteprice ! I'm sure your sleep patern will become regular in some days. My uncle had the same problem. For some time he even had to sleep in another bed so that his wife wouldn't wake him up when she moved!

As for simpoints for some time I was able to farm a few, but not since Christmas. With my work schedule and my children I'm not sure if I'm just missing them! I know some appear at midnight but they don't give sp (Olimpic channel adds again!)

I'm curious about Sims4 but not enough to buy it now, probably when the complete collection goes on sale on Steam. I'm going to have to wait a few years! ;)

Thank you @limegreenqueen101 and @TrevorJ for the gifts!

I've updated my top5.
    Post edited by Astreia on
  • KtarianKtarian Posts: 314 Member
    Nomiko13 wrote: »
    neenahhh wrote: »

@neenahhh I use Google Chrome~

I also primarily use Chrome as my browser.

Updated Top 5 thanks to @charlotteprice clearing out my last top five <3.
    1.Everybody Vauntz (99)
    2. Digital Cube Alarm Clock (45)
    3. Preserved Boxing Robe (28)
    4. Lustrous LuckY Fish Tank (124)
    5. Mini Mountains Table Light (26)

Thank you so much to anyone who helps. <3
    edited January 2017
    @Jude525 @Ktarian The add points depend primarily on where you live though, right?

*top five
    23rif7.gif
    Updated Top 5 thanks to @ApparentlyAwesome <3

1. Woven Wiker Baskets (25)
    2. Woven Wiker Trunk (25)
    3. Kingdom of Cambodia Bedroom- See a Little Light Window Covering (70)
    4. Bayside Washer (162)
    5. Bayside Dryer (162)

Thank you to anyone who helps <3
  • BreazonaBreazona Posts: 1,335 Member
    edited January 2017
    Top five is updated
    Breazona wrote: »

1) World of Wonder Carousel Collection
    2) The Shaggy Look For Toddlers
    3) Distant Horizon Dress
    4) Hawked Up Waves
    5) Here to Stay Club Dress

Hey @Nomiko13 you gifted me The Shaggy Look For Toddlers a while back and it didn't actually send. Not a big deal, just thought you should know.

@AuzzPanda I'm still playing Sims 2 and Sims 4. I miss playing Sims 3 everyday, though. Haven't played it since September. I've considered moving to my smallest town and maybe uninstalling some packs.

ETA: Oops! Forgot to say thanks to @TrevorJ I am very low on SP as well :cry: It seems most of the ads I get don't work. Oh, and it must be so nice to not be in or around America right now :hushed:
    sims 2&3 my beloved♥