Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Need Help With MC Command Center? Ask *HERE*! **INACTIVE THREAD**

Comments

• MikiMiki Posts: 1,692 Member
    EIisabetta wrote: »
    Miki wrote: »
    Bonxie wrote: »
    ☆☆☆ Attention ☆☆☆

With the patch released today we got a lot of new content (Yes, it's true: Toddlers!), which most certainly will break MC Command Center!

This is the most stressful time for modders like @Deaderpool because unfortunately there was again no prerelease of the patch to test and adapt their mods. They have to do it now literally on the fly with hundreds of fans breathing down their neck and waiting impatiently to play the game the way they are used to.

Please wait with patch installing until @Deaderpool releases a matching MC version.

You can find a short description how to deactivate automatic updates here - Link.

I know many players want to check out Toddlers as soon as possible, but really best thing is to be patient. Better wait some days than being frustrated.

Thanks for reading and my apologies to those, who already know.

I always had auto updates turned off but the patches are mandatory. The game refuses to launch unless the patch is run.

The workaround I always use is to disable/disconnect the internet before launching. (You can reconnect once past the Origin launch screen and the game starts to load, if so desired.)

True, even if reconnected, one cannot avail themselves of the Gallery or other online stuff, but it beats the alternative (for me) . Running the patch and playing Vanilla.

You can also 'go offline' in Origin (not the same as logging out) and can play that way, too, without disconnecting from the internet.

Yeah I just noticed and tried that myself, upon when I launched without the patch installing and then closing the session.

I Shoulda seen that before, but as usual I miss that which is right under my nose.

0_0

Much better.

I see there is a hotfix, but I run a couple of other mods so I'm cool with waiting on this a few days or whatever it takes for them to work on these. No hurry whatsoever. I realize those who write mods do it for fun, not because they have to. That's a cool hobby.
  • BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,694 Member
    edited January 2017
    Rudiarose wrote: »
    My sim is missing some traits is there away to give some to replace the ones that were through mods? I am not finding away to do so in master controller?

This can be done by using the debug commands. Debug commands are not a MCCC feature, although they look like being one. The debug commands are a part of the original game and not part of a mod. You can see it the way you use it: you have to Shift-Click on an object or your sim to get access to debug commands. Usually they are hidden, but with MCCC you can make them visible.

In MCCC you find the option for enabling it in:
    Computer/Tablet: MC Command Center > MCCC Settings > Notification/Console/Menu Settings > Console Command Settings > Debug Commands in Cheats (click on 'show'):
    y3maTld99mpdDAAsYAHCW5idbTLya6__n9rov2zHW_lsn3xIVeBDvna58bpzsPR9hvnWf9lTv-EsWkrnPZa-tSSiiHX2uDt225q5Wt_zJr0tnD4WjkX9g5-jr6SRXigCrwe9d3PZPB9Z9h9Ed8OhRYXgq6cjFW2PHxMRXf6PTY_XU8?width=403&height=323&cropmode=none

If you have them enabled, you get a pie menu like this when you Shift-Click your sim. Use the button "Cheat Sim Info..." to manage your sim's traits (click on 'show'):
    y3mlBzz3fhifJZnemSOcA_Bf0SWWebbHfZvLhj8QZgZIn1QrwjahxsKTDyiGzSiBd6e9HbRmPnKOAfEoueN5lYgif8w93jH-4EVa5pgECwQaeQgw93fuavYNAIGd2i8Z9b0SqjtaC4SVzXorcaPI45cBFwhoQmCVSc3knyGjVBuS-4?width=719&height=381&cropmode=none

After clicking the button "Cheat Sim Info..." there will be a submenu looking like this (click on 'show'):
    y3mv7bWz18PrZ5YpHXZuGLoVIaVwcMVonXeHvzF984TBlb2vnZezvcE88Yzkcl9Ptk_lraq0TB1Ic88XLYySphGMNmKXh07ciOCSFfArgLeJxeFDXF7aIdoW8XKKTkvjcH1TXYkXVI6FF5E6FHmDa5xuG81dH_1LpH4NihPzcSIR3Q?width=734&height=393&cropmode=none

Use "Add Trait..." or "Remove Trait..." to manage your sim's traits.

#DebugCommands #MCCC #Howto
    Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    Miki wrote: »

I see there is a hotfix, but I run a couple of other mods so I'm cool with waiting on this a few days or whatever it takes for them to work on these. No hurry whatsoever. I realize those who write mods do it for fun, not because they have to. That's a cool hobby.

Some people there are still reporting problems post-hotfix. Wish they'd say which modules they use!
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    Some people there are still reporting problems post-hotfix. Wish they'd say which modules they use!

Seems that the problems are limited to MC Pregnancy module.
  • egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    So I just found out about the patch. About to download it, still behind everywhere I've ever been online, but, I will be around more.

Patch first, then MC, then whatever else. I'll check in here tonight before work for sure, and at MC too.

Had to step away from Hotel California here for holidays, but life is finally getting back to normal. So I'll be here.

More after I"ve had time to run some patches and updates and yada yada. Why do they always seem to do this during my work weeks? Haha!

• luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member

Seems that the problems are limited to MC Pregnancy module.

Awesome, thanks!
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • itsugitsug Posts: 1,613 Member
    So I just found out about the patch. About to download it, still behind everywhere I've ever been online, but, I will be around more.

Patch first, then MC, then whatever else. I'll check in here tonight before work for sure, and at MC too.

Had to step away from Hotel California here for holidays, but life is finally getting back to normal. So I'll be here.

More after I"ve had time to run some patches and updates and yada yada. Why do they always seem to do this during my work weeks? Haha!

Welcome back! :)

Oh, and Toddlers!!! :D
    Admin and on Support team of MC CmD @ Discord - https://discord.gg/Jcc8uRW
    MC CmD is available at https://deaderpool-mccc.com/
  • itsugitsug Posts: 1,613 Member
    Just as a heads up, 3.0.4A is now available for download! :)
    Admin and on Support team of MC CmD @ Discord - https://discord.gg/Jcc8uRW
    MC CmD is available at https://deaderpool-mccc.com/
  • OzzieneOzziene Posts: 96 Member
    Is there any way to change the sim's age?
    The sims 4 scientist and the creator of "Pixile Images"
    edited January 2017
    Ozziene wrote: »
    Is there any way to change the sim's age?

Sure, there are even two possibilities:

You can use the MC mod. When it's loaded in your game, click on the sim who should be aged up or down and choose 'MC Command Center' from the pie menu. Go to: Sim:MC Command Center... > Sims Commands... > Set Age and choose the desired age for your sim.

Or you can use the 'cas.fulleditmode' cheat which is game builtin. Open the command line with CTRL-SHIFT-C and type the command 'cas.fulleditmode' without quotation marks. After that take your target sim to CAS and edit the age with the age slider.

If you have any question, come back and ask.

Have Fun!

#MCCC #Age #howto
    Post edited by Bonxie on
  • CyclelegsCyclelegs Posts: 375 Member

You can use the MC mod. When it's loaded in your game, click on the sim who should be aged up or down and choose 'MC Command Center' from the pie menu. Go to: Sim:MC Command Center... > Sims Commands... > Set Age and choose the desired age for your sim.

Is this still working? I have yet to update my game. I read a couple of posts saying the 'set age' cheat had gone with the arrival of toddlers. This from DP is the only one I can find. http://modthesims.info/download.php?p=5141970#post5141970. He may have found an alternative method to implement the age changes. CAS age changing is still good.
    I haven't also updated my game so far, so I can only guess.

If it's the way like @Deaderpool posted on MTS, the only thing we can do is to wait and see.

Patience is a virtue and hope is not a strategy... ;)
  • Ulfric_GrimbrandUlfric_Grimbrand Posts: 681 Member
    I updated my game, @Deaderpool is working hard, and has a hot fix in place. There are some minor issues people are encountering (mostly not using his second hotfix uploaded today 3.0.4 B), and he's tracking them down. The only "Issue" I have, is that when clicking on a toddler usable item, you get the option to use it on the teenager living in the house ... if you turn off "allow pregnancy aging", nothing happens except getting yelled at by your Sim for trying to read your teenager to sleep in the toddler's bed LOL. He's aware of this, but it's going to break anything if you have that setting off.

If you play with that setting on, perhaps temporarily turn it off, and then go into game settings and turn off aging for all Sims until it's been corrected. I've been playing on and off all day with the MCCC hotfix and the updated game, and that's the only thing I found is that menu option.

If going into the game, and not getting the MCCC version announcement that indicates you're using 3.0.4 B, you've got the wrong version.
  • LydiaPresLydiaPres Posts: 1 New Member
    I just started using this mod today (new to SIms 4) and my sims are going through pregnancy but when they give birth no baby! I use the MC Command mod with all the packages.
  • yuppyupp Posts: 570 Member
    Can I extend pregnancy with this mod?
  • Ulfric_GrimbrandUlfric_Grimbrand Posts: 681 Member
    @LydiaPres
    When did you download the mod? There was a second update today. If it doesn't give a blue announcement when you begin playing family when you first start the game saying it's version 3.0.4 B, it's the wrong version. Redownload MCCC and overwrite the existing download. then copy the download contents to your mod folder, and overwrite what's in there.
    Progress: I'm up, I have everything downloaded, (mc and extra part), but nothing installed yet. I hope to have time post-install to get the woohoo links out before work tonight, too, for 3.0.4b. Woke up an hour earlier than usual, I knew I had a busy evening coming BEFORE work. LOL!

Out to do stuff, I'll check in when I send out the links. If anybody wants it and hasn't been getting them, PM me. I'm on the run!
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    Progress: I'm up, I have everything downloaded, (mc and extra part), but nothing installed yet. I hope to have time post-install to get the woohoo links out before work tonight, too, for 3.0.4b. Woke up an hour earlier than usual, I knew I had a busy evening coming BEFORE work. LOL!

Out to do stuff, I'll check in when I send out the links. If anybody wants it and hasn't been getting them, PM me. I'm on the run!

i still can't log in to orgin to update my game so i'm waiting. hi eggy. i don't think ive been around for a while.
    Links are sent, as far as I know. If I missed you, or if you're new to the party and can't access the woohoo file's site, let me know. It's a thing, I have a list. ;)
    Some on where I've been...

Knowing we weren't having any more MC updates till this year, and once holiday palooza really got into full swing, I absolutely needed to unplug from here (online in general, really) for a while. I did stay away longer than I planned to, but game addiction is a thing I have, in spades.

I played sims3 for a week around Christmas, and remembered what I liked and didn't about it. In 4, I'm now playing in windowed fullscreen mode, and also, using the sims3 camera style. Pitch control is the bomb!

The two things that brought me back to 4 were gardening and, of all things, relationships. They are SERIOUSLY painful to create and maintain in unmodded sims3. (I knew I wouldn't be there long, I just wanted a refresher.) I rolled a witch, and moved her in with Linda Rodgers and her fairy baby in Moonlight Falls. And got the witch a kitten, and made her an alchemist. And then got annoyed at her and Linda not getting friendly, so I threw a potion at Linda for that. Meanwhile, their garden was bigger than both of them. Those two things got to me, so I came back to 4.

Immediately took my simself camping, learned herbalism, and have had a lot of fun with her since. 152 sims, and my New Year's Resolution, such as it is, is to TRY not to restart, but to keep THIS game going, this year. We'll see. I did roll a temp game to set up MC 3.0.4. And toddlers. I'll fire MY game up in the morning.

By the way, my kid who wouldn't touch Sims4 with a 10 foot pole has rethought that, and now owns the base game and a couple of extra pieces. Laptop, we're afraid to put too much on it till we see how it goes. But he has the base game and GT, and one other thing for sure, now. That's been pretty cool. ;)

If you're seeing this in your log, don't worry about it. Turn off having Pregnancy Aging Enabled till the fix for it comes down. You'll still see this error, but disabling pregnancy aging will stop other bad things from happening. Check MC comments if you're interested, I gotta run to get ready for work.

File ".\mc_injections.py", line 281, in inject_load_data_into_class_instances
    NameError: global name 'TuningFileUtilities' is not defined

Back in the AM! <3
  • merin0307merin0307 Posts: 12 New Member
    FYI, there is now a THIRD update - 3.0.4C. This takes care of an issue with alien abduction pregnancy that some folks were seeing.
    [...]The two things that brought me back to 4 were gardening and, of all things, relationships. They are SERIOUSLY painful to create and maintain in unmodded sims3. (I knew I wouldn't be there long, I just wanted a refresher.) I rolled a witch, and moved her in with Linda Rodgers and her fairy baby in Moonlight Falls. And got the witch a kitten, and made her an alchemist. And then got annoyed at her and Linda not getting friendly, so I threw a potion at Linda for that. Meanwhile, their garden was bigger than both of them. Those two things got to me, so I came back to 4.[...]

Don't you use NRaaS in Sims 3? Maintaining relationship was one of the reasons I used this mod extensivly in S3. Playing S3 without NRaaS (3 cheers for Twallan!!) was a real pain - at least for me.

And since NRaaS is the ancestor of MC and the inspiration of @Deaderpool, especially you as MC Cheerleader might be interested in using it. ;)

And welcome back! Was a bit worried about your long absence....
    edited January 2017
    LydiaPres wrote: »
    I just started using this mod today (new to SIms 4) and my sims are going through pregnancy but when they give birth no baby! I use the MC Command mod with all the packages.

Hi and welcome to MC.

Maybe you might wait some time before using MC in your game.

Right at the moment with the new patch released it's quite a mess to maintain the game playable. The MC author @Deaderpool released three hotfixes yesterday and the day before to adapt the mod to the huge amout of changes. And with every bug fixed two others show up. At the moment you never know whether a glitch in the game is caused be the game itself, MC or another incompatible mod.

@Deaderpool was also short before releasing the new MC standard update 3.1.0 which now needs also an overhaul. And don't forget the release of Vampires in two weeks: it seems that a lot of code is already patched into the game but I suppose that at least the MC Occult module will be expanded to the new lifeform, once the GP is released. And maybe we get some new MC hybrid settings to have -tadaah- Alien Vampires! :mrgreen:

Expect some Updates and Fixes for MC in the next weeks.

Therefore my recommendation is: Be patient. Wait with digging into MC until the dust has settled.

Or, jump right in, but be aware that for the near future, it's likely to be a more bumpy ride than usual, mod-upkeep-wise. Don't worry, I've used MC since 1.0.4, and some folks here had it from 1.0.

Fools rush in where angels fear to tread... I guess I'm the fool and @Bonxie is the angel o:) ... I'm okay with that. <3

We've (longtime players, I started at launch, have logged over 6000 hours) been through game vs mod meltdowns a few times now. Common sense is a good thing to have... and having experienced friends to yell for help from doesn't hurt, either. LOL!!

If anything weird happens, ask us about it. But don't be afraid of it. Once any game vs mod version errors or general bugs are ironed out, playing with MC will be a VAST improvement over playing without MC. If MC isn't working, I'm not playing, except as a tester, maaaaaaaaybe. But probably not. It's that cool. ;)
    @merin0307 Thanks for posting that about the 3.0.4c update. I was at work, didn't know till this morning. Nice catch!

[...]The two things that brought me back to 4 were gardening and, of all things, relationships. They are SERIOUSLY painful to create and maintain in unmodded sims3. (I knew I wouldn't be there long, I just wanted a refresher.) I rolled a witch, and moved her in with Linda Rodgers and her fairy baby in Moonlight Falls. And got the witch a kitten, and made her an alchemist. And then got annoyed at her and Linda not getting friendly, so I threw a potion at Linda for that. Meanwhile, their garden was bigger than both of them. Those two things got to me, so I came back to 4.[...]

Don't you use NRaaS in Sims 3? Maintaining relationship was one of the reasons I used this mod extensivly in S3. Playing S3 without NRaaS (3 cheers for Twallan!!) was a real pain - at least for me.

And since NRaaS is the ancestor of MC and the inspiration of @Deaderpool, especially you as MC Cheerleader might be interested in using it. ;)

And welcome back! Was a bit worried about your long absence....

I never modded 3 when I played it the first time. And that's what I meant when I said I knew I wouldn't be playing it long, I was thinking, that's why I didn't bother with Nraas for this short trip down memory lane.

I wanted a refresher of the game I remembered, not to play a better hood version that needed seat time to figure out. You know? I don't even have Nraas files downloaded. I'd have to find them, too. So, I decided to just play. I found out what I wanted to know, pretty much. It was a cool side trip, but, I'm back to 4 for the duration. (I'm too scatterbrained to be able to tech 4 and play 3, another reason I vanished. The week before Christmas, what play time I had, I pretty much spent in Moonlight Falls.)

I don't know what makes me hermit out like I did. It happened last year, too. Comes out of nowhere. Probably my late grandfather's influence, he liked his typewriter and adding machine just fine, only used a computer to do taxes for people at the library. Period. The TV remote control was probably his all time favorite toy. Otherwise, technology wasn't his thing.

It IS mine, up to a point (laptop/desktop, I don't want either a tablet or a cell phone), but apparently sometimes it's too much, and I gotta bail and recharge.

I'm blaming holidays, too. I worked Christmas Day (volunteered to do it, which Laura REALLY appreciated), had about 300 customers, and ONE of them was a loud rude profanity-spewing woman I hope I NEVER see again. She called me something really obnoxious (F I) FOUR times. As I was ringing up her stuff. :D We got her money, and I had 2 cashier witnesses, one of whom I half expected to drag the woman outside by her bleached hair. I won. Pfft. She called the store manager about me. He laughed after he got off the phone with her, and I was never in ANY trouble. One out of 300... not a bad day's work. ;)

I could write for days, but, I've got this new 3.0.4c version to check out. If I'm not back this morning, I will be tonight before work. 2 nights to go!

BBL :)
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top