This site will go into read-only mode on July 18th as the new Forums.EA.com are now live.

So much crow and so few plates

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    davina1221 wrote: »
    I fussed when they weren't added in, but I knew with all the concern that they would be added, but just wasn't sure which year. I thought about this last night and I didn't see it until just a little while ago. I thought they might add them in a free update with an EP, but this is great. I haven't seen them yet as yesterday was my five year olds birthday, but I'm updating now and really excited. I played with toddlers and vamps with nearly 90% of my playing time, so this should give me quiet a bit to do. Hope they add babysitting back as well.

We do have the nanny, and she (or he) will come even if you have an adult at home. So if your Sim needs a few uninterrupted hours to paint or write, there'll be someone there to take care of the little one. (And now adding a nanny makes sense!)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    wickedjr89wickedjr89 Posts: 1,777 Member
    edited January 2017
    I love vampires but not even the news they were coming had me back into Sims 4. I'm a family player, I need my toddlers or it just doesn't feel right. I gave up on Sims 4 awhile ago after trying to get into it time and time again, and lost all hope for it saying the only way they might get me back is with toddlers. I just can't play without them.

Well...I was wrong to lose all hope they would come or that they'd be half-baked. They are here and I haven't played with them yet as i've been watching videos and absorbing all the information first (and setting up a new world in which to play) and they seem fantastic! Well done EA, you got me back for sure! :D

I wish they could've said something, even a for sure "we are working on them" even without knowing when they would be ready, something besides the defeaning silence, but I know that isn't the Simguru's faults. I believe they'd be fired if they said anything they weren't allowed to. The PR team or whoever is in charge...uhm...I think they could use some work.

But i'll forgive it all if they can forgive me for giving up on Sims 4 pre-maturely!

*Squees* TODDLERS <3
  • Options
    staravia81staravia81 Posts: 369 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    I'm glad they waited and gave us toddlers with depth rather than the stilted ones from TS3.. these are much more interesting

Wait a minute... Are The Sims in TS4 the same in TS3? Why would you have thought the toddlers would have been the same if they had put in the Time and Effort and Money to have them done at Release?

Were TS3 Toddlers the same as TS2 toddlers?

.... in general....
    Why is it that so many feel toddlers would have been the Same and not in proportion and play style and trait style and just overall style of this game since they would have been made for this game?

If feels like an excuse to me... Time, effort, cost, man power... they should have been in the base game. The cost was the same as if they were. imo.
    I didn't like the previous iteration toddlers, especially TS3. The TS4 ones seem different and more comprehensive - more realistic. They can be sweet, but they can also misbehave, cry, and throw fits. This wasn't the case in the previous versions IIRC, and it was the biggest reason why I didn't like them.

I get that they should've been in the base game, and more than likely they had not intended to include them. However, I look at it this way. If they were in the base, they may have been similar to the previous version toddlers. But with the delay, they had the benefit of obtaining feedback - learning *why* toddlers were least played in previous games and what could be done to improve them. So shoulda, woulda, coulda, but they're here now and they're awesome.
    My builds!
    EA ID: staravia81
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    jimmysnan wrote: »
    I was not too keen on toddlers being in my game in a free patch as then I had no choice, but alas they are and if this is what it takes to bring the forums back to a place of respect for each others opinions then I say it is good. I really did not think they would give them for free, but makes sense as this was mentioned in the base game. They look like more fun then in 2 or 3 as in 2 they were a chore and 3 they were just bad in my opinion. So I am willing to g9's them a try. I have seen some toddler pics on here and some of them look like they are just small versions of the adults with adult faces and others look just so cute and baby like. But those are just my opinions to each their own. I will try them out and if I do not like playing them will in fact "age them up" I am glad to see that some are realizing that sometimes you have to wait for things you want and all the bad mouthing could have been eliminated . I do hope that we all can be a little less hateful to each other and to the game developers. They said they were working on them. Maybe next time we can believe them.

No, they never said they were working on them. They said they could not talk about future content or if they were future content. We did argue with Drake about them being missing content, not future and the answer was the same. No comment. Not everyone who wanted toddlers bad mouthed around here. Not everyone who didn't want toddlers bad mouthed. But, there will always be something to argue about on the forums. Toddlers or the lack of them were and are certainly not the only issue folks had/have with Sims4. Go read the vamp threads for example. Just because toddlers have arrived will not stop the arguing. Pretty sad in my opinion, but, it will not stop because too many people are not willing to understand it is ok to have a difference of opinion and having a difference of opinion does not mean a personal attack on each other.

• Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,378 Member
    chellemh29 wrote: »
    Saying someone should eat crow because toddlers were finally delivered is like telling someone to kiss the waiters feet because they brought your food two hours later. No... this is something that should have been in the game from the beginning, and I don't feel I owe ea anything for finally giving me what I paid for.

I am very glad they are here, they are adoreable and I love playing them, but no. EA should be thanking me for still willingly investing in a game many have left for dead.

I think you misunderstood the op. They said they were eating crow and I don't see any mention that anyone else should.

Thank you. I was thinking about how I was going to answer that. Now I won't bother.
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Options
    Baenre wrote: »
    I'm really happy for family players. :) I might reinstall the game to see how game play is with toddlers. While it's good they're trying to make the game whole, it's still too cheerful for me. I'm not into the whole Pleasantville vibe but the toddlers look really sweet and I'm willing to endure a sugar coma for a wee bit for them. <3

You might want to check out the vampire pack in another week and a half -- especially if you play a Sim living in Forgotten Hollow it could provide a slightly darker edge. There are probably some mods out there that can darken the game even more.

Hi Stilljustme; what world is that? Forgotten Hollow? What is that? Where do you get it?
  • Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,841 Member
    edited January 2017
    windweaver wrote: »
    I'm really happy for family players. :) I might reinstall the game to see how game play is with toddlers. While it's good they're trying to make the game whole, it's still too cheerful for me. I'm not into the whole Pleasantville vibe but the toddlers look really sweet and I'm willing to endure a sugar coma for a wee bit for them. <3

You might want to check out the vampire pack in another week and a half -- especially if you play a Sim living in Forgotten Hollow it could provide a slightly darker edge. There are probably some mods out there that can darken the game even more.

Hi Stilljustme; what world is that? Forgotten Hollow? What is that? Where do you get it?

It comes with the Vampire pack. It's a 5 lot "world".
    Can't wait to break down and buy it! >:)
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    Anmirla wrote: »

It comes with the Vampire pack. It's a 5 lot "world".
    Can't wait to break down and buy it! >:)

Oh, I should have remembered that, lol. You can tell I'm getting old.:-)
  • Options
    BaenreBaenre Posts: 595 Member

Aye I think that might be something I'm interested in. I'm keeping my eye out for this pack and see some Lets Plays on it. Unfortunately TS4 has burned me too much to go all in and having some serious problems where I, as the player, was blamed even on a clean, vanilla game instead of some coming to terms something was actually wrong with my game itself and I had nothing to do with it. That added to my bad experience with TS4.

But I'm looking forward to seeing how they implement their vampires. I still haven't played with toddlers yet because when I reinstalled the game, everything was glitchy and I had to figure out what was causing the problem. I got it working now and my Sim is pregnant so I get to see soon how toddlers are.

I'm trying to be positive but I'm sure some of you understand my apprehension and measured bitterness.
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Movotti wrote: »
    plopppo2 wrote: »
    I wonder what that means?

Eating crow is an expression to admit you were wrong. So few plates implies that we were, or in this case, I was very wrong.

But a crow eater is a term for a south aussie.
    It originated with a group of people traveling from SA to the Victorian goldfields in the 1800's, who ran out of food along the way, and had to eat crow, literally.

It would seem that the two terms, to eat crow, and crow eater came into use at about the same time, on two different continents.

It may be two different continents but as with America (U.S.A.) the Australia was also colonized by the British. So, we have THAT in common, no matter the mileage.

Please don't take it personally. Not all Brits are bad news :) My part of Britain was colonised by Vikings which means it was a violent and bloody affair. So it happens the world over.

As for crow they are edible as are other members of the crow family. Apparently they taste pretty awful and so it would have been a real punishment to be made to eat it. Eating humble pie or your own hat would be equally appropriate here and perhaps tastier :)

But humble pie is a literal thing.
    The modern term is a misspelling of umble pie, made from offal, aka the umbles.

*Crows were once believed to carry the dead's soul away. :D
    Ravens are usually the birds in that myth. They're related to crows.

My brain is full of trivia. :)

AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
    davina1221 wrote: »
    I fussed when they weren't added in, but I knew with all the concern that they would be added, but just wasn't sure which year. I thought about this last night and I didn't see it until just a little while ago. I thought they might add them in a free update with an EP, but this is great. I haven't seen them yet as yesterday was my five year olds birthday, but I'm updating now and really excited. I played with toddlers and vamps with nearly 90% of my playing time, so this should give me quiet a bit to do. Hope they add babysitting back as well.

We do have the nanny, and she (or he) will come even if you have an adult at home. So if your Sim needs a few uninterrupted hours to paint or write, there'll be someone there to take care of the little one. (And now adding a nanny makes sense!)

I have to agree about the nannies. I have used them, but really unless you had multile babies, they really didn't do very much. They might help a child with homework, but it didn't make any sense. With toddlers there is finally a reason to have them. Unless all you want to do in the game is care for that one toddler.
  • Options
    Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    plopppo2 wrote: »
    I wonder what that means?

Eating crow is an expression to admit you were wrong. So few plates implies that we were, or in this case, I was very wrong.

But a crow eater is a term for a south aussie.
    It originated with a group of people traveling from SA to the Victorian goldfields in the 1800's, who ran out of food along the way, and had to eat crow, literally.

It would seem that the two terms, to eat crow, and crow eater came into use at about the same time, on two different continents.

It may be two different continents but as with America (U.S.A.) the Australia was also colonized by the British. So, we have THAT in common, no matter the mileage.

Please don't take it personally. Not all Brits are bad news :) My part of Britain was colonised by Vikings which means it was a violent and bloody affair. So it happens the world over.

As for crow they are edible as are other members of the crow family. Apparently they taste pretty awful and so it would have been a real punishment to be made to eat it. Eating humble pie or your own hat would be equally appropriate here and perhaps tastier :)

But humble pie is a literal thing.
    The modern term is a misspelling of umble pie, made from offal, aka the umbles.

*Crows were once believed to carry the dead's soul away. :D
    Ravens are usually the birds in that myth. They're related to crows.

My brain is full of trivia. :)

I never knew that and I have been eating venison for years !! Still I should imagine umbles are tastier than crow any day :)
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • Options
    jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    edited January 2017
    I was not too keen on toddlers being in my game in a free patch as then I had no choice, but alas they are and if this is what it takes to bring the forums back to a place of respect for each others opinions then I say it is good. I really did not think they would give them for free, but makes sense as this was mentioned in the base game. They look like more fun then in 2 or 3 as in 2 they were a chore and 3 they were just bad in my opinion. So I am willing to g9's them a try. I have seen some toddler pics on here and some of them look like they are just small versions of the adults with adult faces and others look just so cute and baby like. But those are just my opinions to each their own. I will try them out and if I do not like playing them will in fact "age them up" I am glad to see that some are realizing that sometimes you have to wait for things you want and all the bad mouthing could have been eliminated . I do hope that we all can be a little less hateful to each other and to the game developers. They said they were working on them. Maybe next time we can believe them.

Except they never said they were working on them. Not once. Every time they were asked, they never gave a straightforward answer. We waited over 2 years for an answer and only just got it yesterday, with a surprise toddler patch.

I'm not trying to be negative here, I'm excited to have toddlers back and I can say they are really well done this time around. But not once did they ever say they were working on them (unless you can show me otherwise?) so you can't really believe in something that was never said.

I am sorry to disagree but some of the over many toddler threads had that comment that they were working on them from a Twitter account. I do not have my computer any more it caught fire so I can't show the tweet. I am sure I did not read it wrong. I also think that family render that everyone was so upset about was a hint as best the developers could do to let us know without losing a job or getting into it outright. Any9ne have the tweet I am referring to?
    My goodness can't we just sit back and enjoy what they have GIven us and just be grateful life is too short
  • Options
    Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member

Except they never said they were working on them. Not once. Every time they were asked, they never gave a straightforward answer. We waited over 2 years for an answer and only just got it yesterday, with a surprise toddler patch.

I'm not trying to be negative here, I'm excited to have toddlers back and I can say they are really well done this time around. But not once did they ever say they were working on them (unless you can show me otherwise?) so you can't really believe in something that was never said.

I am sorry to disagree but some of the over many toddler threads had that comment that they were working on them from a Twitter account. I do not have my computer any more it caught fire so I can't show the tweet. I am sure I did not read it wrong. I also think that family render that everyone was so upset about was a hint as best the developers could do to let us know without losing a job or getting into it outright. Any9ne have the tweet I am referring to?
    My goodness can't we just sit back and enjoy what they have GIven us and just be grateful life is too short

I am sorry to that I have no memory of what you are taking about. Too much has happened since 2014. I am inclined to agree with you talking about what was said at the time is now a mute point. People have what they want. Anyway this is a thread about those who feel the need to eat crow or not depending on your feeling about the T word. My crow is definitely not leaving the freezer just yet :)

Betty
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    @windweaver Did your Sim have the baby yet? Is the baby a Toddler yet? Just wondering, I can't wait to see what you think of them!

Love the Toddlers <3
  • Options
    @windweaver Did your Sim have the baby yet? Is the baby a Toddler yet? Just wondering, I can't wait to see what you think of them!

Love the Toddlers <3

I'm sorry, it's going to be a while before I can get back to her. I have had to start the long process of cleaning out and testing all my custom content. My game kept stuttering and stopping while I tried to play my new couple, so I have put them on hold for now. I'm going through each piece of cc that I've picked up over the years and put it in my mods folder, all by itself, and start up the game, check it out in create a sim, and delete much of it.
    I'm really surprised how much clothing is no longer working!?! Anyway, all my All About Style stuff is still okay, but I'm going to be a while. I'll come back and let you know.
  • Options
    Kilov17Kilov17 Posts: 1,795 Member
    Well, well, well, Maxis you did it! I haven't seen what they look like yet, my game is updating, I can't wait. I'm not going to look at others' pictures, I want to be surprised and I'm so hopeful to see if you made them look like that picture you guys made for the big wig at Corporate.

Just for the record, you had me back with the Vamps, just so you know.

If you can out do yourself with witches, I'll will flip!

Thank you for giving us toddlers. Now, if you will excuse me, I do have a whole lot of crow to eat.

Edit to add:

Does anyone know if Sparkfairy knows yet?

I'd LOVE it if they brought back the witch! the only occult in 'Supernatural' I spent a good time playing with. Vampires in it felt dull. These new ones however look like they could be new & exciting!
    Kilov17 (Gallery ID: SimOppresser)
    JrTlDGw.jpg
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member

Forgotten Hollow is the world that comes with the vampire pack (releasing 1/24); supposedly it's going to be fairly dark/foggy/cloudy so vampires can be out during the day at least in that area. I think vampires will also provide an "edgier" playstyle since vampires will be able to feed without asking politely, and relationships will take a hit for feeding without asking.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options

Forgotten Hollow is the world that comes with the vampire pack (releasing 1/24); supposedly it's going to be fairly dark/foggy/cloudy so vampires can be out during the day at least in that area. I think vampires will also provide an "edgier" playstyle since vampires will be able to feed without asking politely, and relationships will take a hit for feeding without asking.

That pack does sound really neat! It looks like it will be fun! I get all the packs, just bc I collect them, my grandkids play when they come, but now I'm going to be playing again too. Everything is really looking good. I'm doing things in the game now with my test sim (trouble on the cc front) that I haven't done before, so it really is getting interesting. Thanks for the update. I didn't know the vamps would be less polite than they were in ts3, which is a great big plus in my book, for sure!
  • Options
    I just thought I'd update you. I played my first toddler today! My oh my, what a difference between t3 and t4 toddles. I very much enjoy them.
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    I just thought I'd update you. I played my first toddler today! My oh my, what a difference between t3 and t4 toddles. I very much enjoy them.

Glad you are enjoying them. :smiley:

I love these toddlers, too. They're the best tots ever (in the series so far). I highly prefer these little tykes to the past ones. :blush: I'm glad they give me that spark from Sims 2, which is my favorite sims game.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    @windweaver There is a difference and I am glad you are enjoying them!

To me, these are the best Toddlers to date!
  • Options
    xitneverendssxitneverendss Posts: 1,772 Member

I just really have a hard time believing this as I doubt there would have been nearly as much unrest in the community if it had ever been said toddlers were being worked on.
  • Options

Glad you are enjoying them. :smiley:

I love these toddlers, too. They're the best tots ever (in the series so far). I highly prefer these little tykes to the past ones. :blush: I'm glad they give me that spark from Sims 2, which is my favorite sims game.

Yeah, I really like them. I had been playing the sims 2 up until they gave us these toddlers. I haven't gone back yet.

@windweaver There is a difference and I am glad you are enjoying them!

To me, these are the best Toddlers to date!

Yep, I think so too.

I just really have a hard time believing this as I doubt there would have been nearly as much unrest in the community if it had ever been said toddlers were being worked on.

I know people are saying that the Devs said they were working on them, but I followed this game very closely. They said they were "looking into it" I may not have that quote exactly right, but I never saw, nor did any of the fan sites say they saw, nor did any one here on the forums say they were working on them. If they did there would not have been so many arguments between community members. So, let them say anything, it's all "FAKE NEWS" As so much is these days.