Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA silence on family play and family play fans

Comments

• barraakenobarraakeno Posts: 489 Member
    Slyvanas wrote: »
    I have a big question for everyone.. Now that toddlers are here. I want to start adding the DLC's that i've been missing out on. I only have outdoor retreat so I am really behind. This would of been a great time for EA/Orgin to do a sims 4 sale..-...-

Anyway my question. What three DLC'S (whether expansion,game pack, or stuff pack) is a must have? I'm going to get Dine out. but does anyone know of more that truly makes the game shine?

Actually, it wouldn't a be a good time. They are aiming to cash-in with the toddlers-driven players with games at full price :D.

about the GP and SP. All GPs are amazing, really. All the SP are amazing too, but I would recommend to you to buy one at time so you can enjoy more and save for promotions and offer, since the gameplay they add is not thaaaat deep as the GPs.
    Brazilian guy here, so my English is not that good.

fB7mWIn.gif
    Spinning toilets confurm3d!!!!11!!1!1!!!!11!
  • GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,614 Member
    I have a big question for everyone.. Now that toddlers are here. I want to start adding the DLC's that i've been missing out on. I only have outdoor retreat so I am really behind. This would of been a great time for EA/Orgin to do a sims 4 sale..-...-

Anyway my question. What three DLC'S (whether expansion,game pack, or stuff pack) is a must have? I'm going to get Dine out. but does anyone know of more that truly makes the game shine?

I was just about to ask this. I want to GTW. I would like to know what pack goes great with GTW. I would also like to how toddlers act in DO.
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • JessicaSimstonJessicaSimston Posts: 2,519 Member
    edited January 2017
    91bce155d9.png
    Kim and Andrew spending time with their daughter, Leah. I've really missed these simple little family moments, they are what cause me to become attached to my family in the first place.
  • JessicaSimstonJessicaSimston Posts: 2,519 Member
    Goodywood wrote: »

I was just about to ask this. I want to GTW. I would like to know what pack goes great with GTW. I would also like to how toddlers act in DO.

GTW and DO go together well I think. In DO you can obviously own your own business and that fits well with the running a business theme of GTW.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,544 Member
    I'm not fond of GTW. I love GT because of the clubs thing - doing kids sleepover clubs and family clubs is great for me. I do like Spa Day too.

It's taking me forever to download my sims 4 stuff!! I'm 82% through the base game and have all the packs queued up, goodness knows how long it will be before I can play TODDLERS!!!!!!
    I want to play but I have no clue what family to make.
    I will now be able to remake my TS3 orphanage, which had toddlers, kids and teens in it. It was a bit lame before when I had to go without the toddlers.
  • AmyDamesAmyDames Posts: 353 Member

My favourites: GP Dine out, Spa Day
    SP kids stuff, modern glamour
    EP Get Together, City Living

• BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    I wish to thank you from the bottom of My wee lil heart, you have been there for us this whole entire time, and I am so greatful that you did not give up, Many Thanks to you , Big Hugs to @sparkfairy1 , :)
    Just to let you know toddlers can't use Dine out
    Someone posted a work around for that where you can add highchairs into the restaurant, bring the toddler to the Lot and sit with them, then serve them food just as your own meal is being served. Not brilliant, but do-able.
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    I'm not fond of GTW. I love GT because of the clubs thing - doing kids sleepover clubs and family clubs is great for me. I do like Spa Day too.

It's taking me forever to download my sims 4 stuff!! I'm 82% through the base game and have all the packs queued up, goodness knows how long it will be before I can play TODDLERS!!!!!!
    I want to play but I have no clue what family to make.
    I will now be able to remake my TS3 orphanage, which had toddlers, kids and teens in it. It was a bit lame before when I had to go without the toddlers.

I wish toddlers could be added to clubs. I've been playing a daycare which could really use some tods.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited January 2017

So, the best packs I think are (or will be, hopefully ;)):
    1. Vampires (if you like Supernaturals, I have a feeling they'll be amazing)
    2. Dine Out
    3. City Living
    4. Get Together
    5. GTW (I'm not sure about this one really, but it is an EP so it does add a lot of stuff, but if you're not going to actively play the careers much (and they do tend to get a bit repetitive after a while) or don't plan on running your own business, you might not find much use for a lot of the content that's in it. Depends what you like about it, I guess :)) and/or Spa Day
    6. Vintage Glamour
    8. Kids Room Stuff
    9. Cool Kitchen (yes, I like it lol)
    10. The rest of the SPs
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    edited January 2017
    *Wakes up launches straight outta bed, hits the shower, 3 mins later boots up TS4 and plays with toddlers*

It's made a world of difference all over the world!
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
    NZsimm3r wrote: »
    *Wakes up launches straight outta bed, hits the shower, 3 mins later boots up TS4 and plays with toddlers*

It's made a world of difference all over the world!
    I wish that had been me. This was my version:

*wakes up, launches slowly into work, drives home at the end of the day at breakneck speed dreaming of toddlers, takes an agonising 2 hours to have dinner and redownload/install ts4, cries when the realisation dawns that all old saves/hood set-ups were ditched in the recent uninstallation*
  • Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    edited January 2017
    I just wanted to say I am very happy that the toddlers are finally here for you guys, after such a long wait. You never gave up and because of that, they are here for everyone to enjoy. l have not seen them yet or played with them, but I hope they are what you were looking for. And if not, that they can be improved upon with time.

My thanks also to EA/Maxis for listening. I see this as something very positive.

• SlyvanasSlyvanas Posts: 855 Member
    Thank you guys for the suggestions. I think I'm going to go with dine out, kids stuff pack, and get to work. Then maybe I'll gradually add the other ones in. I have to see how long I will still play it even with toddlers added. :)
    oxv0Rm8.png
  • MylitaMylita Posts: 4,447 Member
    Wow, just wow!! I was one of those who believed we'd never get toddlers. And yet, here they are and so cute too. Thanks to @sparkfairy1's persistence and encouragement that kept this thread alive, we have toddlers back. I know there is more to fix, but this gives me hope that maybe we'll get those fixes and the game will be as terrific as we expected 2+ years ago. I'm almost afraid to really play again, not sure I know how even. But, I'm going to try anyway.

I did find one change in CAS that I didn't expect. When I'm dressing my sim, I used to be able to use the drop down menu of colors to click the color I wanted and the item showed up on the sim. Now, however, I have to actually click the item itself so it shows up the sim before I choose the color or click the item itself after I choose the color. So, unless I want the first color swatch, it takes two clicks to put the item on my sim. Not deal breaking so much as just peculiar.

Mylita
    No friends requests, please.
  • To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    Mylita wrote: »
    Wow, just wow!! I was one of those who believed we'd never get toddlers. And yet, here they are and so cute too. Thanks to @sparkfairy1's persistence and encouragement that kept this thread alive, we have toddlers back. I know there is more to fix, but this gives me hope that maybe we'll get those fixes and the game will be as terrific as we expected 2+ years ago. I'm almost afraid to really play again, not sure I know how even. But, I'm going to try anyway.

I did find one change in CAS that I didn't expect. When I'm dressing my sim, I used to be able to use the drop down menu of colors to click the color I wanted and the item showed up on the sim. Now, however, I have to actually click the item itself so it shows up the sim before I choose the color or click the item itself after I choose the color. So, unless I want the first color swatch, it takes two clicks to put the item on my sim. Not deal breaking so much as just peculiar.

Mylita

I don't know how to play either. Lol. I'm not used to this feeling. Sims has always come naturally to me. Like riding a bike. The others are like second nature to play. This one seems so alien. I'm gonna need a crash course when I'm able to get home and play!!

--T
  • Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    To7m wrote: »
    Mylita wrote: »

Mylita

I don't know how to play either. Lol. I'm not used to this feeling. Sims has always come naturally to me. Like riding a bike. The others are like second nature to play. This one seems so alien. I'm gonna need a crash course when I'm able to get home and play!!

--T

Just go play your game and have a great time. It will all come back to you. Have fun.
  • NShippudenFanNShippudenFan Posts: 3,825 Member
    Introducing Clarisse Lothario! ;)-pics overload lol-

With Daddy Don-
    ojyVojG.png

Play time!
    ttUnkwL.png
    3ZB0KiD.png
    xNcCopq.png

She got sad when Dad had to go to work...
    stNRQyw.png
    LEmVYgB.png

Mommy Kassidy-
    *other daughter behind them XD*
    xpo9VC7.png

I love this pic of them both smiling...too cute.

Play time with Mom
    Bx3oMMh.png

Bath
    XgLEiE0.png
    a27Bepu.png

Nap
    u6cVQcO.png

Dad came home from work and gave her a kiss goodnight ;)
    5cNnO6A.png
    LOVER of all things cosplay, anime, cats, Shadowhunters, and Sims 4!

Origin ID: Sims4Girl202

• NShippudenFanNShippudenFan Posts: 3,825 Member
    This is Andrea Marlow *other family of mine*
    IyEgfFz.png

Reading with mom-
    sY4EdyO.png
    rDJriBz.png

Bath Time with Dad
    zTOsguE.png

Nom nom...yummy! Haha ;)
    Yu5tZXA.png

Lynch Family

Mom Kiarah and Kaleeah-
    iQvmyHC.png
    JlmpVpP.png

VqpsD20.png
    vpCKBtd.png

f20MJLR.png

Hot dog time! XD
    gZUqpKq.png

She had a nightmare so daddy gave her hugs
    etXYwup.png
    LOVER of all things cosplay, anime, cats, Shadowhunters, and Sims 4!

Origin ID: Sims4Girl202

I am very disappointed that DO doesn't work with toddlers. Any other packs that don't work with toddlers? Like the Movie pack. Can toddlers watch the Movies too?
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
    Just to let you know toddlers can't use Dine out
    Someone posted a work around for that where you can add highchairs into the restaurant, bring the toddler to the Lot and sit with them, then serve them food just as your own meal is being served. Not brilliant, but do-able.

Can you give me a link to the work around? I also want to know about toddlers and GTW... can they get check ups or whatever?
  • HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    I don't think so @Goodywood. As far as I know, the only sims who can visit the hospital besides sims who are actively working in the medical career are sims having a baby. You can choose to have the baby at home or send the pregnant sims + significant other to the hospital to have the baby.
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top