Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TODDLERS ARE HERE

Comments

• Options
    UniSimsUniSims Posts: 1,246 Member
    MY LIFE IS COMPLETE
    laughing-gifs-old-timey.gif

Everything is more colourful in black and white
  • Options
    Jewels20Jewels20 Posts: 79 Member
    Omg...my heart dropped when I saw this on facebook. I almost thought I was seeing things. Lol. I shouted out "omg" in the break room at work and people were looking at me like I was crazy. Lol!!! I have the base game and the get to work expansion but it's been collecting dust since I was giving up on the game ever getting toddlers back. THIS MAKES ME SO HAPPY!! also I am 29 weeks pregnant with my first so that makes this moment even more special for me. Yay. Now to just find the time to play between work and taking care of my baby when she's born...thank you Sims team you now have my business back.
  • Options
    Jewels20Jewels20 Posts: 79 Member
    And this is funny because this morning before I saw the announcement...i commented on an advertisement for the sims on Facebook asking if we could get toddlers already. Haha.
  • Options
    jsnjsn Posts: 624 Member
    When my friend linked me the video this morning I was confused; they dropped this so suddenly without warning it's like, whoa is this even real?? :D

After downloading the patch I immediately opened a new save and made a new couple and one of them is already pregnant :) This + the coming vampires will hopefully keep me occupied with this game for a little while; I haven't been playing much at all in the last few months.
    tumblr_ntxblj8QDK1s6z4zdo2_250.gif
  • Options
    ToblieToblie Posts: 3,099 Member
    I love the teeth options, they are cool My sim self can now have a gap between her front teeth like me.
    Toddlers are super cute.
  • Options
    SimsterSimster Posts: 24 New Member
    I for one, am not happy about this at all. For one, Origin is forcing me to install it and we all know Origin is slower than Christmas when it comes to such things. Secondly, I really think it's a waste of time to add all this kids stuff this way. This should not be FORCED on everyone. I don't care about toddlers. I prefer playing teen and young adult sims, but to each their own. HOWEVER, if EA were to make a PATCH that gave teens and adults MORE STUFF TO DO without having to buy an expansion pack, that would be fantastic. Not take up hours of my time downloading a bunch of crap I'll never use in game play. ANNOYED!
  • Options
    Blueboy2323Blueboy2323 Posts: 179 Member
    Aight spent a few hours with the little guys.

They are pretty dang adorable. I am having fun playing as one and watching their cute little animations and interactions. The "lift me" interaction simply being called "Up" is just one of many adorable things about these lil'uns.

Gotta be honest, I never really cared about toddlers. I was mad they'd been taken out on principle but it's not like I ever really played as them. HOWEVER, I can see myself spending a lot more time with this games iteration of the life stage. Haven't even gotten to the extra customization options like teeth, but I'm glad to see it become an actual feature so I don't have to mod it.

GG Maxis. Now I just gotta hope I find it fun for more than those few hours.
    p3herocutin0mj8n.png
  • Options
    applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    Toddlers going down stairs. Awwww.... ! ! !
  • Options
    HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    edited January 2017
    Just got home and currently waiting for my game to update. It's so painful. (And I guess having wolfed down my late dinner due to excitement was painful for the tummy).

Sims 4 being my first sims game and having yet to get to the toddler stage in sims 2 made me not have much of a yearning for this life stage as some other simmers. But having read so many heartfelt posts about what people love about toddlers I can totally say that Im readyyy to play omg hurry up and update pleaseee! And hey we didnt have to wait for a generations pack to enjoy toddlers so thank you thank you ea! So many thanks! :blush:

Edit: Finally!!!! :bawling:
    Post edited by HopeyStarr on
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    RubeeSims wrote: »
    HOW did they keep that quiet?

I know, right?! Seriously! Not even any leaks or anything, lol! This must have been some super-secret-practically-spy-level-project.

Wow. Just. WOW.

I am just.... OMG. I'm just sooooo happy!!! :joy:

A thousand :star::cookie: s for the devs!!!

Must get update SOON (tomorrow evening at the earliest unfortunately for me). :flushed:

Toddlers. Now, we can say the word without fear or shame or sadness!!! :blush:
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member
    I literally could not believe this I have no idea how they could keep this a secret amazing amazing news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    BigCatlover26BigCatlover26 Posts: 215 Member
    edited January 2017
    I'm so fudging excited I already made some cc eyes for my little ones ❤️❤️❤️Unfortunately my current household isn't ready for toddlers just yet...
  • Options
    February11February11 Posts: 12,656 Member
    Considering I didn't care either way, I got mildly excited when I heard the news today :)
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    SimsChica2013SimsChica2013 Posts: 75 Member
    They did good by the community. I'm so happy.
  • Options
    LemontailLemontail Posts: 360 Member
    Teeheehee! FINALLY!
  • Options
    kokoro80kokoro80 Posts: 651 Member
    I have always been in the "toddlers will come eventually" camp and I knew they would take time but I have to admit that for the last few months, since the 2nd year anniversary, I had been starting to lose faith... I'm so happy right now I'm crying! Thank you dev's and thank you, thank you, thank you to all the toddler fans who never gave up <3<3<3<3
  • Options
    vqra45vqra45 Posts: 32 Member
    Guys I'm gonna cry XD
  • Options
    HopeinenHopeinen Posts: 316 Member
    Well this was about the last thing i expected. :o
  • Options
    jheyjuneicejheyjuneice Posts: 335 Member
    This was the first thing on my instagram this morning and I'm so happy aswtsgdgf. This has made my whole day!
    6Y6GB8R.png
  • Options
    LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    Well, never thought I'd touch TS4 again lol. Time to dust, boot, and update :*
  • Options
    agent_bevagent_bev Posts: 1,313 Member
    OK I've had some time to digest this whole toddlers thing.... @SimGuruLyndsay @SimGuruDrake YOU DO CARE!!!! <3<3<3

I love the look of toddlers and I genuinely think the team did an outstanding job, but if I may add my 2 cents here.... Looking back, I had bitter feelings towards The Sims because I felt slighted by the silent treatment...it wasn't about future DLC content (Pets, Seasons, etc) that hasn't been developed, this was one of the big things everyone was expecting from the base and tons of people really wanted this one thing and was asking for answers...but getting ignored. It wasn't fair to the developers getting poo pooed on, it wasn't fair to the wonderful legacy the franchise has had, it wasn't fair to the loyal fans who have been asking for so long, and it definitely wasn't fair to the fans who were left to "defend" the game from the naysayers.

tl;dr I am really happy and grateful but I was very sad and disappointed for a long time.
  • Options
    PotterheadSimPotterheadSim Posts: 320 Member
    Toblie wrote: »
    I love the teeth options, they are cool My sim self can now have a gap between her front teeth like me.
    Toddlers are super cute.
    New teeth are amazing, but nobody cares about it because of toddlers lmao
  • Options
    joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
    Toblie wrote: »
    Toddlers are super cute.
    New teeth are amazing, but nobody cares about it because of toddlers lmao

They are talking teeth right here http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/908991/just-realized-you-can-now-edit-teeth#latest :D
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • Options
    brackencat31brackencat31 Posts: 318 Member
    I ve jus turned my game on and had the shock of my life, toddlers, I could nt believe it, had to read it three times to be sure, I m still speechless.
  • Options
    TheBristolSimmerTheBristolSimmer Posts: 705 Member
    So I totally missed all of this yesterday! I am beyond surprised that it is a free update. Well done Sims team!
    The Bristol Simmer||Find my builds and legacy updates on the gallery! Have a happy day!

68OUgVc.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top