Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Forget-Me-Not - An Ambrosia Challenge Story

Hi! It's me. The author of some other stuff you may know about. Like Fey of Life and The Chrysanthemum Tango. I finally caved and then steeled myself enough to announce my Ambrosia Challenge story! Yayyyyy! Here's the deal with it:

FORGET-ME-NOT
banneri1.png?w=676

Sometimes, all it takes is one mistake. One slip-up. One misguided moment that leads to one rather misguided and vengeful ghost. And as the wealthy Eldridge family and one homeless and now also lifeless Sonny Downer soon realise, fixing things is much trickier than breaking them.

Note: This story isn't the darkest out there, but it still has some pretty dark stuff in it. There'll be some violence, and themes of revenge and manipulation, and whatever else my mind will cook up later. Nothing too out there but still, I figured I'd mention it. I'll put warnings in the beginning of chapters when I feel they're needed.

The Prologue can be found here.

For more info about the Ambrosia Challenge, check out THIS post.

Feedback is very much appreciated. Take care guys and have a lovely time.
doublebannerpic.jpg?w=676
My Sims stories:
The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)

Comments

• CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    I'm so excited you're starting an Ambrosia Challenge story @RipuAncestor ! :blush: (And is this your first TS4 story? :) Awesome!)

I will be sure to check it out soon! :heart:
    snvAF3B.png
  • RipuAncestorRipuAncestor Posts: 2,332 Member
    I'm so excited you're starting an Ambrosia Challenge story @RipuAncestor ! :blush: (And is this your first TS4 story? :) Awesome!)

I will be sure to check it out soon! :heart:
    Thanks, @CitizenErased14 ! And thank you once again for coming up with this challenge. Also yeah, this is my first TS4 story and I'm still kind of learning TS4s tricks.
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
  • WitcHazardWitcHazard Posts: 1,209 Member
    edited January 2017
    Another Ambrosia Challenge great I just read the prologue it was amazing nice shot with blood ;) I think it's a great start for your first Sims 4 story!
    @WitcHazard Thank you! I'm glad you liked it!
    My Sims stories:
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Bookmarked!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    edited March 2017
    Hey guys! I've finally managed to do my final edits to this: the next chapter to Forget-Me-Not! Just a note, though, that I don't have access to TS4 when I'm in my university town, where I'm spending quite a lot of time now, so updates might slow down again pretty soon. I do have a buffer of about four chapters, or at least material for them, so I'll try to get the updates out in reasonable pace.
    Anyway, here we go:

Chapter 1: Waking Up
    x7MeRf8.jpg

He woke up in an unfamiliar place.

I hope you enjoy and have a lovely day/night/whatever time it is there.
    Post edited by RipuAncestor on
    My Sims stories:
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,088 Member
    So happy this is posted! :)
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    Haha I find this version of the death far more entertaining!
    WitcHazard wrote: »
    Haha I find this version of the death far more entertaining!
    @WitcHazard :) Thanks! My version of Death is a main character in my Chrysanthemum Tango -story, and I figured I can skip trying to come up with a new Death for this story if I just use him and his realm here too.
    My Sims stories:
    Hi guys! Here's the next chapter to Forget-Me-Not:

Chapter 2: The Empty House
    ck7lz5l.jpg

He tried to face the facts. And then more facts turned up.

I hope you enjoy and have a lovely time in general!
    My Sims stories:
  • LadyLobsterLadyLobster Posts: 4,133 Member
    This is fascinating so far! I'm not very familiar with the Ambrosia Challenge aside from the ghost angle, but now I'll be sure to avoid looking at the details so I can be surprised. I'm with WitcHazard, I like your version of Death too!
    uduVcAP.png
    Yes! A vengeful ghost I can't wait for his revenge! >:)
    This is fascinating so far! I'm not very familiar with the Ambrosia Challenge aside from the ghost angle, but now I'll be sure to avoid looking at the details so I can be surprised. I'm with WitcHazard, I like your version of Death too!
    @LadyLobster Yay! I'm glad you're liking it so far. And that you like my Death. He's my favourite character to write. Also yeah, the Ambrosia Challenge is pretty strict about certain story steps, so if you want to avoid spoilers, then not looking it up is a smart move.

Yes! A vengeful ghost I can't wait for his revenge! >:)
    @WitcHazard :smile: Revenge schemes and all sorts of drama will be on the horizon, I promise.
    My Sims stories:
    Hi you guys! Since I don't have much to do except wait for my train to leave at the moment, I figured I'd post this now: the next chapter to Forget-Me-Not!

Chapter 3: Afterlife 101
    pcKYytd.jpg

It's time for some answers, but the answers aren't nearly enough...

I hope you guys have a lovely day!
    My Sims stories:
    Hello! After some rearranging of things, I'm back on track with Forget-Me-Not! Here's the newest chapter:

Chapter 4: The Time(less) of Regrets
    eKeTnlT.jpg

Sonny has too much time on his hands. And too many things to regret.

I hope you have a lovely time! All kinds of feedback is welcome and encouraged! :)
    My Sims stories:
  • ThymelessThymeless Posts: 1,184 Member
    Ooooh I didn't know you had an ambrosia challenge! It looks really interesting, will have to check it out :)
    signature-gen-3.jpg
    Sci-fi/Fantasy Lover | Taurus
    House: Hufflepuff/Pukwudgie
    The Centauri Legacy | Can You Hear the Violins? | Drifting with Nifflers
    Reading Circles: Reader's Nook
  • WiggleyTuffWiggleyTuff Posts: 600 Member
    Great story, love it*^* do you use a mod to get those poses? Like laying down on the floor?
    edited February 2017
    Great story, love it*^* do you use a mod to get those poses? Like laying down on the floor?
    @WiggleyTuff Hi! And thank you! I'm glad you like my story! I do have the Pose Player -mod and some pose sets for it (though not many... yet).
    My Sims stories:
    Hello people! I'll just quickly drop off the newest chapter to Forget-Me-Not before I have to go to sleep.

Chapter 5: The Broken Family
    Y1CD87G.jpg

Sonny wasn’t the only one whose life was shattered that night.

I hope you enjoy and have a lovely time in general!
    My Sims stories:
    What's this? I actually had free time? I... I don't know what to say... other than yay I had time to relax and exercise and read a book and edit my SimLit! So here's the newest chapter to Forget-Me-Not:

Chapter 6: Lost and Found
    RCmRpic.jpg

Sonny gets lost, but finds a friend.

I hope you guys enjoy and have a lovely time!
    My Sims stories:
    Well these two chapters we're really something! I liked the mini subplot adds more to the characters!
    Well these two chapters we're really something! I liked the mini subplot adds more to the characters!
    @WitcHazard Thank you! :blush: I'm glad you liked them! It's easy for me to get carried away with character-writing... now let's just hope I don't get TOO distracted from the main plot. :)
    My Sims stories:
    Hi guys! I'm on a roll with Forget-Me-Not! Or then I sort of had a chapter already mostly written but hey, the important thing is that I got a new chapter out!

Chapter 7: The Wild Carol
    h4pRMxi.jpg

Growing pains and changes shake up the life of the Eldridges.

I hope you enjoy! Have a lovely time!
    My Sims stories:
    edited April 2017
    Hi! I've had some free time lately, and it's awesome! I've used a lot of that free time for schoolwork, but I also got time for a writing-binge or two. So here's the newest chapter to Forget-Me-Not!

Chapter 8: Determination
    Sonny makes a decision.

I hope you enjoy and have a lovely time!

EDIT: This chapter is temporarily not available because I'm contemplating whether or not I should rewrite or delete it because it may be taking my story too much off the rails. For more details, read this blog post.

Sorry about this and thank you for your patience!
    Post edited by RipuAncestor on
    My Sims stories:
  • MarialeinMarialein Posts: 2,885 Member
    Plum I just wanted to read the chapter :D I know how you feel. I often publish my chapters without much thinking though I just go with it. I guess now I would maybe like to re-write a few of them but I don't care that much about it. What is out is out :) only spelling mistakes I correct later.