Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA silence on family play and family play fans

Comments

• king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    CherbitDip wrote: »
    I'm having to remind myself over and over that lack of toddlers was not the only reason why I didn't buy Sims 4, there are still lots of other issues....but these toddlers though!! So cute, they really do look good! I'm so happy for all of you that have been waiting, I truly hope you all really enjoy your Simming time.

It actually gives me a lot of hope about the future of the franchise that feedback has so clearly been listened to, can't of been easy for the devs to be working on something so important to so many and not be able to talk about it at all.

Can't wait to see more toddler pics and hear what you all think ❤️

Exactly. I still have issues with The Sims 4. I think these toddlers look adorable, probably the most adorable in my opinion, but even looking at all the pictures I'm still reminded of issues I have with this game. I still don't have a lot of hope of getting into TS4, but I do feel a little bit better about The Sims 5 should there be one.

I'm so happy for the players who needed this though! These toddlers look great!

I agree.

I think they are making good steps towards bring the series forwards. There will still be issues with TS4 but the release of toddlers would 'cushion the blow' a bit and maybe make things a bit more enjoyable for a while. At least the base game is being somewhat more complete from where they started.

I just wish that they never started with Olympus and developed TS4 properly and then the past two years may have never happened the way it did.
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    OMG!!! I just got home from work and this is best news ever! And just in time for my Birthday on Sunday. *squees and goes to update Sims 4*
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • nottasinger17nottasinger17 Posts: 112 Member
    Okay may be it just my game but is anyone else having probs with families suddenly disappearing? I went on my game after patching and everything was fine (took a peek at my fam.) I went to build a bar and when I was done I wanted to go check out the toddler action and my main girl's fam just disappeared! Her husband and son are gone and so is half the neighborhood!! I'm going to try repairing the game but I hope finally have these beautiful toddlers arent causing other issues......
    You are your true best friend in the end.
    ~~~Lala B~~~
    Origin ID:Lalababy21
    tumblr_l7xdgl_Pmc61qzqmk9o1_400.gif
  • james64468james64468 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Well this is the first time I've been able to sit and enjoy TS4 for any length of time. The toddlers are very well done so far. Time for bed for me so break in investigating for a while but some highlights-

Can play in the toilets like TS2
    Have nightmares and wake up parent for comfort.
    Throwing their food instead of eating it
    Lots of skills to make them really interesting and lots of different pathways to learn.

As far as I'm concerned if we start seeing new content matching up to how well fleshed out these toddlers are TS4 will have a chance with me again :)

Yeah at least we got some family play. I still feel that we need more for the other age groups.
    Well this is the first time I've been able to sit and enjoy TS4 for any length of time. The toddlers are very well done so far. Time for bed for me so break in investigating for a while but some highlights-

Lots of skills to make them really interesting and lots of different pathways to learn.

As far as I'm concerned if we start seeing new content matching up to how well fleshed out these toddlers are TS4 will have a chance with me again :)

This is something I have mentioned before. If they follow this route rather than the more common 'watered down' route then it does open the door towards better gameplay and more creativity :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member

i don't want to use that word - hope, cause i never had any hope with TS4 after i experienced my uniquely looking sims act the silly same way
    but yes, maybe those devs do come to remake the traits of all sims, this franchise IS WORTH it to have GREAT AWESOME SIMS
    maybe they'll do it

i am not rushing now to update the game & test my Nachmacher family, their first child, Fabian jumped out of the crib & didn't even have a birthday, some day i might be inclided to try it again with Annika & Frederik but as long sims' behave as mindless implanted cellphone extensions, nope, don't want to get disappointed for one more time again :cookie:

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,183 Member
    Well i'm having fun again :) . Toddlers are so much fun , and flesh out here . I'm so glad ,I was one of te few . Thinking they never would come to sims 4 . I swear this is the most fleshest life stage I ever saw in the sims . They can walk,talk, play iin stuff ,make messes ,and have so many toys .
  • NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    These toddlers are amazing, every time I think I've seen everything that they can do, they go and surprise me with something else. The Sims team really outdid themselves here. I think they've replaced TS2 toddlers as my favourite.

808068746f.png

Ezekiel staring at the frying pan in confusion :p

It is interesting how many new interactions players seem to be discovering. I mean a few players would have been happy with toddlers being at least on par with the previous games but I saw someone say that the patch file size is almost as big as an EP. That being free content as well is a very surprising form of generosity that I haven't seen since giving the CAW tool away for free.

'Things change' I guess ;)

That's because many simmers like @sparkfairy1 refused to accept anything apart from excellence and pushed and pushed for what should have been in the game from the start.

For all of you who pushed and gave feedback endlessly I thank you because without you we would have a lot less.

Never accept less, never accept the line 'well at least we got... '... ALWAYS demand more!
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • nottasinger17nottasinger17 Posts: 112 Member
    Okay may be it just my game but is anyone else having probs with families suddenly disappearing? I went on my game after patching and everything was fine (took a peek at my fam.) I went to build a bar and when I was done I wanted to go check out the toddler action and my main girl's fam just disappeared! Her husband and son are gone and so is half the neighborhood!! I'm going to try repairing the game but I hope finally have these beautiful toddlers arent causing other issues......

Nope didn't help, luckly I have another save of the fam while they just happen to be in the house with her but not apart of the household; like they are visiting. This sucks, now off to find cheats to add them back into the family, can't say much for the townies though.

I should just start a new one as well @sparkfairy1 though she might feel like she's cheating on her first family, I could give her a new one...hmm...nah just make a whole new game fresh. *sigh* Don't you hate when you work so hard on something only to have it gone, lost or destroyed beyond repair? Worst.Feeling.Ever.
    You are your true best friend in the end.
    ~~~Lala B~~~
    Origin ID:Lalababy21
    tumblr_l7xdgl_Pmc61qzqmk9o1_400.gif
    edited January 2017
    NZsimm3r wrote: »
    These toddlers are amazing, every time I think I've seen everything that they can do, they go and surprise me with something else. The Sims team really outdid themselves here. I think they've replaced TS2 toddlers as my favourite.

808068746f.png

Ezekiel staring at the frying pan in confusion :p

It is interesting how many new interactions players seem to be discovering. I mean a few players would have been happy with toddlers being at least on par with the previous games but I saw someone say that the patch file size is almost as big as an EP. That being free content as well is a very surprising form of generosity that I haven't seen since giving the CAW tool away for free.

'Things change' I guess ;)

That's because many simmers like @sparkfairy1 refused to accept anything apart from excellence and pushed and pushed for what should have been in the game from the start.

For all of you who pushed and gave feedback endlessly I thank you because without you we would have a lot less.

Never accept less, never accept the line 'well at least we got... '... ALWAYS demand more!

One of the Gurus, @SimGuruNinja came into a thread saying how pleased they where to deliver the content and see positive reactions. There had been a breakdown in communication between players and the devs for a while and I think that it is great to see that divide finally close. I also think that @SimGuruDrake may have helped somewhat as well. Things have taken a while to get there but they gave the best possible outcome.

In a way they didn't have to listen to players, they could have rushed toddlers out and expected players to deal with it but in this case they chose to follow the same principles that Will Wright had when he created the original game: Quality.

It was quality of gameplay that brought the series to the level it was during it's peak and it was the reduction in quality that brought it down. If we continue to see more quality like they have given today then the series could really start moving forwards again and as a result, they would not only bring back lost players but easily bring in a lot of news players as well. In the end there will be benifits for all :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • clover24clover24 Posts: 887 Member
    I played for a little while but have to go bed as im at work in the morning. But omg im so happy... wish i could have played for longer. (Now that feels weird)

Enjoy the tots. :smiley:
  • HIFreeBirdIHHIFreeBirdIH Posts: 1,410 Member
    I think that since they don't need to focus and divert resources to toddlers anymore, they'll be able to focus more on making all the DLC we get reach its full potential and that they can spend all their time working on making sure that they're the best they can be.
    Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
    xyIcMqt.png
    edited January 2017
    I think that since they don't need to focus and divert resources to toddlers anymore, they'll be able to focus more on making all the DLC we get reach its full potential and that they can spend all their time working on making sure that they're the best they can be.

I was just thinking this... maybe all the weird omissions were due to budget being diverted to toddlers as they are free. The money/man hours had to come from somewhere... I guess.

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Sim_LucentSim_Lucent Posts: 689 Member
    I... what?
    What??

I need to go read everything NOW!
    I'm in shock.

I don't think I've been this excited for this game since... ever.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • metalfenix_Rafmetalfenix_Raf Posts: 536 Member
    I'll probably skip this age as I did on earlier sims games, but I'm glad for people that wanted them.
    Want to see my sims? find me in the Gallery by my Origin ID: metalfenix_Raf

Want to see the Custom Content CAS Pieces I created? Check ModTheSims, Sims 4 Studio Forums
  • Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    I had given up.....and I started my computer to this update.... pinch me I'm dreaming.... My cousin is also a big sims fan and she called me about this!!!!! I'm so excited to try this out
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
    edited January 2017
    I'll probably skip this age as I did on earlier sims games, but I'm glad for people that wanted them.

Lovely thing to say. I wish all simmers here on this forum could be so generous with their thoughts. :+1:

• JessicaSimstonJessicaSimston Posts: 2,519 Member
    edited January 2017
    There are toddler/kid interaction as well! Kids can hug toddlers, read them stories and try and talk to them. I'm so overwhelmed but in a good way of course!

The only thing is (and I don't want this to come of as negative) toddlers are so fleshed out compared to babies, teens and children and it's crazy how much content they have compared to those other 3 life stages. It feels a bit weird having your toddler age up and then having to play and underfleshed child. I think all 3 of those life stages (especially babies) do with a small overhaul, just to bring them up to scratch with toddlers. It wouldn't need to be anything big, maybe just some personality tweaks or more specific interactions for each lifestage in an update so that they don't seem underdone compared to toddlers. Again, I don't want that to sound negative or demanding, it's just a personal hope I wanted to share. Believe me, I am feeling the happiest I have been about the game in ages :)
  • crockatailcrockatail Posts: 312 Member
    edited January 2017
    I need to get my brain to accepted
    that toddlers are now part of the Sims 4. Part of me don't want to Re-installed the Sims 4 on the same laptop with Sims 3, but I don't want Origin messing it up. My remaining sister (Ginger's Mom)( for those who don't know about Ginger She's my sister's dog that I walked when My Sister's at work) Who still trying to find my late (youngest) sister's passwords to her laptop to clear everything that she kept on her laptop for her and her widower business before giving me our baby's sister laptop and I'm thinking about installing Sims 4 on that one.
    Post edited by crockatail on
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    NZsimm3r wrote: »

Lovely thing to say. I wish all simmers here on this forum could be so generous with their thoughts. :+1:

Agreed :)

Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top