March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Need Help With MC Command Center? Ask *HERE*! **INACTIVE THREAD**

Comments

• TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member
    edited January 2017
    Pegasus143 wrote: »
    @Terra I'm guessing by households you meant houses? If so, change the open houses setting to a number higher than the number of residential lots in your game (or some other high number like 90). Then sims won't be placed in houses because it has to leave that many lots open.

Sorry, I did mean houses! Okay, I had set homeless Sims to "zero" because I thought that would stop the game generating so many homeless Sims, but it seems I misunderstood the purpose of the setting. Thanks!
  • Ulfric_GrimbrandUlfric_Grimbrand Posts: 681 Member
    @Terra
    I set homeless sims to 21 ... but the setting you're looking for isn't that number ... you want the number of open houses ...
    You want MC Population > Population Settings >Open Houses I have mine set to 2, which means as soon as the game fills up all but two houses, it will stop moving sims into houses.

As for the homeless Sims, I have the maid, gardener, mail lady, (female) butler and a few others flagged to always be homeless, and no aging, which is part of the reason I have my number of homeless sims set to 21.
  • JRBearJRBear Posts: 190 Member
    edited January 2017
    Could someone point me to where there's some tips or tutorial on how to use Dresser to its fullest? I admit I'm confused on this one. I'm not one that does a lot with mods.

Edit: what I'd like to do is prevent particular clothes from being used. Or to figure out how to have outfits I like used more often maybe?
  • TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member
    @Terra
    I set homeless sims to 21 ... but the setting you're looking for isn't that number ... you want the number of open houses ...
    You want MC Population > Population Settings >Open Houses I have mine set to 2, which means as soon as the game fills up all but two houses, it will stop moving sims into houses.

As for the homeless Sims, I have the maid, gardener, mail lady, (female) butler and a few others flagged to always be homeless, and no aging, which is part of the reason I have my number of homeless sims set to 21.

Ohhh I see, thank you. If I set it to a very high number like 100, will MCCC force people to move out to achieve the correct number of empty houses?
    @Terra
    I don't believe so, but it won't move any more in once there are 100 left open .... (But I also don't think there are 100 residential slots ..)
  • BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,694 Member
    edited January 2017
    JRBear wrote: »
    Could someone point me to where there's some tips or tutorial on how to use Dresser to its fullest? I admit I'm confused on this one. I'm not one that does a lot with mods.

Edit: what I'd like to do is prevent particular clothes from being used. Or to figure out how to have outfits I like used more often maybe?

Hi @JRBear,

have a look at this post (link). I explained there, how to use the black/white listing options from MC Dresser with the command line.

Meanwhile you can use also the UI, but the principle is the same. ;)

Check it out and if you have any questions, please come back and ask.

Have Fun!

#MCCC #HowTo #Dresser
    Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.
  • JRBearJRBear Posts: 190 Member
    Thanks! That post was great. :)
  • GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    Hi guys. I have a quick question, how do you turn off same sex relations using MC? Is that possible?
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

@GoldenBuffy
    You can't turn off relations, but you can leave off same sex pregnancies (the default MCCC setting). The game will still create same sex couples. I haven't messed with it much, but you can flag individual sims for same sex or opposite sex.
  • GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    @Ulfric_Grimbrand, ah, okay I see. Thanks for letting me know! :D
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• itsugitsug Posts: 1,613 Member
    Toddlers!!!
    People, before you start asking if MC CmD works with PC Version 1.26.96.1010 / Mac Version 1.26.96.1210. You really shouldnt expect it to work with that version of the toddl... erm I mean the game. :D
    Admin and on Support team of MC CmD @ Discord - https://discord.gg/Jcc8uRW
    MC CmD is available at https://deaderpool-mccc.com/
    ☆☆☆ Attention ☆☆☆

With the patch released today we got a lot of new content (Yes, it's true: Toddlers!), which most certainly will break MC Command Center!

This is the most stressful time for modders like @Deaderpool because unfortunately there was again no prerelease of the patch to test and adapt their mods. They have to do it now literally on the fly with hundreds of fans breathing down their neck and waiting impatiently to play the game the way they are used to.

Please wait with patch installing until @Deaderpool releases a matching MC version.

You can find a short description how to deactivate automatic updates here - Link.

I know many players want to check out Toddlers as soon as possible, but really best thing is to be patient. Better wait some days than being frustrated.

Thanks for reading and my apologies to those, who already know.

• itsugitsug Posts: 1,613 Member
    edited January 2017
    Bonxie wrote: »
    ☆☆☆ Attention ☆☆☆

With the patch released today we got a lot of new content (Yes, it's true: Toddlers!), which most certainly will break MC Command Center!

This is the most stressful time for modders like @Deaderpool because unfortunately there was again no prerelease of the patch to test and adapt their mods. They have to do it now literally on the fly with hundreds of fans breathing down their neck and waiting impatiently to play the game the way they are used to.

Please wait with patch installing until @Deaderpool releases a matching MC version.

You can find a short description how to deactivate automatic updates here - Link.

I know many players want to check out Toddlers as soon as possible, but really best thing is to be patient. Better wait some days than being frustrated.

Awesome post... as always. :)
    Being a helper, I look forward to giving @Deaderpool a nice big log. Having to wait with playing the game for real for a few days... totally worth it. :D

As Bonxie says though, if you want to play the game without any hitches, and all your mods enabled, make sure not to update the game for the next few days!
    Admin and on Support team of MC CmD @ Discord - https://discord.gg/Jcc8uRW
    MC CmD is available at https://deaderpool-mccc.com/
  • CyclelegsCyclelegs Posts: 375 Member
    Well there I was fussing about whether the new 'No Autonomy' settings in MC were going to conflict with
    @coolspear stuff http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=571552
    and
    Aussie_Mummy_1969 no auto TV and Tablet http://www.thesimsresource.com/downloads/1346259
    Thinking I would probably suck-it-and-see rather than research resources used when @Bonxie chirps up with the update notification. So, now I have much more to think about. I do hope these toddler things are worth the effort. More vampire food maybe?

Well, I have been in build mode for a few days and I have had enough of that for a while. So, @Bonxie thanks for the heads-up. I will be playing Off-line for a few days I guess.

Good hunting DP. (And, all modders) If you are waiting for an update to MCCC and don't support DP through Patreon then maybe now would be a good time to consider how much you value his work.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    ☆☆☆ Attention ☆☆☆

If you really want to explore toddlers, you could remove your mods folder and play with them in a new vanilla save.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
    edited January 2017
    Here is a statement from @Deaderpool from MTS (link to original post):
    Deaderpool wrote:
    Ok, so I officially have made a statement, here it is:
    EA released an update today!!! I know it broke the mods!!!
    I am working on it and getting 30 posts saying, "The mods not working with today's update" won't really help me speed-wise OR patience-wise!

...and another one from the Patereon page (link to original post):
    Deaderpool wrote:
    As some of you know by now, EA has released an update today. It's significant in that they added a new age. There's a lot of code in the mods where we're looking at ages and some rework is going to have to happen now because of the changes today.
    [...]
    My plan will be to upload a 3.0.4 that will have fixes to 3.0.3 so it will work with today's EA update. I will then make the 3.1.0 that I have now so it also works with today's EA update and then get back to work on trying to get a stable release out.

Thanks!

Be patient - MC Hotfix 3.0.4 is on the way!

If you value @Deaderpool's work, check out his patreon's page (link). There are many ways to say "Thanks".

• MikiMiki Posts: 1,692 Member
    edited January 2017
    ☆☆☆ Attention ☆☆☆

I always had auto updates turned off but the patches are mandatory. The game refuses to launch unless the patch is run.

The workaround I always use is to disable/disconnect the internet before launching. (You can reconnect once past the Origin launch screen and the game starts to load, if so desired.)

True, even if reconnected, one cannot avail themselves of the Gallery or other online stuff, but it beats the alternative (for me) . Running the patch and playing Vanilla.

• friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    Miki wrote: »
    ☆☆☆ Attention ☆☆☆

I always had auto updates turned off but the patches are mandatory. The game refuses to launch unless the patch is run.

The workaround I always use is to disable/disconnect the internet before launching. (You can reconnect once past the Origin launch screen and the game starts to load, if so desired.)

True, even if reconnected, one cannot avail themselves of the Gallery or other online stuff, but it beats the alternative (for me) . Running the patch and playing Vanilla.

i can't even download the patch so i guess i'm good my mods are off .
  • EIisabettaEIisabetta Posts: 5,708 Member
    Miki wrote: »
    ☆☆☆ Attention ☆☆☆

You can also 'go offline' in Origin (not the same as logging out) and can play that way, too, without disconnecting from the internet.
    moxiegraphix on Origin
  • thesimsserbiathesimsserbia Posts: 510 Member
    Mod is good actualy i use only mc pac and skript,not pregnancy package and other but base mc comander working
  • meubanksmeubanks Posts: 445 Member
    I already updated, but I'm willing to play vanilla for a few days in order to experiment with toddlers. I'm due for a CC housecleaning anyway.
    edited January 2017
    MC Command Center Hotfix 3.0.4 is now available on the MCCC Homepage (Link)

Download the new file 'McCmdCenter_AllModules_3_0_4.zip', unzip it and replace the *.package and *.ts4script files in your Mod directory with the new ones.

There are no Toddler related options, it's only a hotfix to make the Mod working flawless. MCCC 3.1.0 will be released soon.

Have Fun!
    Post edited by Bonxie on
  • RudiaroseRudiarose Posts: 891 Member
    My sim is missing some traits is there away to give some to replace the ones that were through mods? I am not finding away to do so in master controller?
  • Bananasync1Bananasync1 Posts: 6 New Member
    Hello! I just downloaded the mod and i have no idea how to use it :) I mainly got the mod so that I can change the relationship with my guy sim and his children (he currently has the "step father" title even though he is their actual father, it's a long story and I can't change it in cas)
  • Bananasync1Bananasync1 Posts: 6 New Member
    Hello! I just downloaded the mod and i have no idea how to use it :) I mainly got the mod so that I can change the relationship with my guy sim and his children (he currently has the "step father" title even though he is their actual father, it's a long story and I can't change it in cas)

nevermind! I figured it out :)
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top