Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

whats next...a dog pack?

Comments

• dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member
    KatyJay88 wrote: »
    I'm pretty optimistic that toddlers and pets are coming
    Game Packs have been pretty wonderful so far.
    I don't think I'd hope for a dogs GP and so on, I'd rather that all in a Pets EP.
    I also think they're working on pets, and possibly considering toddlers as well, I hope so.
    Horses would be a dream, definitely possible, but EPs have a habit of leaving things out...
  • Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    KatyJay88 wrote: »
    I'm pretty optimistic that toddlers and pets are coming
    Game Packs have been pretty wonderful so far.
    I don't think I'd hope for a dogs GP and so on, I'd rather that all in a Pets EP.
    I also think they're working on pets, and possibly considering toddlers as well, I hope so.
    Horses would be a dream, definitely possible, but EPs have a habit of leaving things out...

I don't see how it would be a good move to have a dog GP either... you can't have dogs without cats. It just doesn't seem right and pets are by far one of the most popular expansion packs they really do need a LOT of development. I mean if they go down that path we'll end up for a season per GP
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Erica87Erica87 Posts: 743 Member
    This way at least people who don't like certain supernaturals can decide not to buy them if they don't want them :smile: Same goes for the animals, what if someone likes cats and hates dogs? If they put it in an EP there'd be a bunch of people complaining about a certain animal they don't want, when it's in a game pack everyone can pick and choose. And if people still buy the game pack and then complain about the main feature of the game pack being in the game pack... Well then that's not EA's fault :smiley:
    CURRENTLY PLAYING: Forum mafias & Minecraft, mainly.
    Taking a break from the sims for a while!
    Erica87 wrote: »
    This way at least people who don't like certain supernaturals can decide not to buy them if they don't want them :smile: Same goes for the animals, what if someone likes cats and hates dogs? If they put it in an EP there'd be a bunch of people complaining about a certain animal they don't want, when it's in a game pack everyone can pick and choose. And if people still buy the game pack and then complain about the main feature of the game pack being in the game pack... Well then that's not EA's fault :smiley:

I really think they wouldn't add both pets in one pack... that's ridiculous, they can't make people wait so long for the other most popular pet. If people complain too bad... but then they would also say the game is too empty. Pets are a must for me , but it's a pretty basic thing for a life simulator just like weather so getting them does need a lot of good work... to make it more interesting
    21mbz47.jpg
  • cactusjuicecactusjuice Posts: 573 Member
    Oh gawd dont give them ideas about separating each animal into it's own separate game pack. I had one of every animal in Pets (except a horse/unicorn) and if I still played this horrendous lovely game it would cost me a fortune to buy a pack for each animal (even though EA would like me to)
  • NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    edited January 2017
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    I really hope they don't continue the trend of splitting up content.

I guess it allows them to work on a lot of content at once, but 20 dollars for each vacation destination, supernatural, and possibly pets, venues, etc. is quite a bit much.

@Sk8rblaze I'd say without a shadow of a doubt the content will continue to be delivered in this manner as it makes the most financial sense for the share holders.

Also, slight side issue but Pets is on hold due to the voice actors strike. It is probably only one 'pet' type though going by the vampire pack example.

(link to list of struck video game producers from the sagaftra site where you can see Electronic Arts Productions Pets is among the listed: https://www.sagaftra.org/files/struck_video_game_productions_list_0.pdf )
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    NZsimm3r wrote: »

I guess it allows them to work on a lot of content at once, but 20 dollars for each vacation destination, supernatural, and possibly pets, venues, etc. is quite a bit much.

@Sk8rblaze I'd say without a shadow of a doubt the content will continue to be delivered in this manner as it makes the most financial sense for the share holders.

Also, slight side issue but Pets is on hold due to the voice actors strike. It is probably only one 'pet' type though going by the vampire pack example.

(link to list of struck video game producers from the sagaftra site where you can see Electronic Arts Productions Pets is among the listed: https://www.sagaftra.org/files/struck_video_game_productions_list_0.pdf )

I must question how they will work. Will the be puppies? Can the run around like in sims 3 be picked up?? Since the main reason for crib babies was how much development time it would have taken to make them work with multitasking.
  • alexandreaalexandrea Posts: 2,432 Member
    Minai wrote: »
    Why not stick all super natural beings in one pack?
    Why must they be separate?

I feel like that is how anything involving any future content will be like!

Please EA listen to us. We're tired of being ripped off.

What is your opinion on this?

They don't care. It's all about the money.
    p6tqefj
  • MinaiMinai Posts: 706 Member
    Oh gawd dont give them ideas about separating each animal into it's own separate game pack. I had one of every animal in Pets (except a horse/unicorn) and if I still played this horrendous lovely game it would cost me a fortune to buy a pack for each animal (even though EA would like me to)

I had a feeling I might have already...
    EA better not. Seriously
    NZsimm3r wrote: »

They are milking this game in a way that's it's not even subtle anymore, but putting pets in different packs would be extremely ridiculous. These forums would catch on fire and most of us would end up banned.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • james64468james64468 Posts: 1,276 Member
    I want a toilet stuff pack
    I want Chair expansion pack to please LGR.
  • IfreshyehIfreshyeh Posts: 1,403 Member
    I don't mind so much the supernatural being split up (maybe considering that they can bundle 2 in 1 so it won't add up to so many GP's). I think i may even like that.
    I don't like the ideas of pets being split up. Pets are like a package deal. If anything should be an EP, it has to be Pets.
    I also don't think horses will work until they give us bigger lots that we can actually put the things from stuff and game packs in.
  • DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member
    Minai wrote: »
    Im not a fan of supernatural content but I don't appreciate how Maxis is dividing content like this.
    Why not stick all super natural beings in one pack?
    Why must they be separate?
    Second is that how pets will be?

I feel like that is how anything involving any future content will be like!

Please EA listen to us. We're tired of being ripped off.
    What is your opinion on this?

Well if it is a dog's pack I can imagine being a game pack called The Sims 4: Who Let The Dogs Out? Woof! Edition
    Actually it seems we are getting dogs, cats and horses if the coding is right
    21mbz47.jpg
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member

Omg, so many people in this thread have to eat their words :joy:
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    edited January 2017
    I frankly think game paks shouldn't even exist. Only stuff pack and Expansion pack. Game pack are too blatantly rip-off from Expansion pack not even done that well.

It's more the other way around.

Game Packs are just what The Sims franchise needed. Expansion Packs like Free Time, Apartment Life, Generations, Island Paradise etc. all had very basic features, that would have fit the Game Pack model, but instead were filled with annoying fluff to make it seem $40.

Vampires, for example, in The Sims 3 were shallow, and cheap. They had two Expansion packs worth of Dev time, and still felt like something thrown in as an afterthought.
    There's nothing in this video that makes Vampires look anything more than the occasional cool interactions.
    Most of it is just fluff. We've seen 3x the amount of content and depth in the Vampire trailer alone.

As the video often states, most interactions just cause a moodlet, or are replacements for normal interactions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RWfpr53uTg&t=429s
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    I am in a happy puddle right now after that most adorable update, and I feel more confident about future content (well, the GPs, especially).

I feel that Pets will be adorable as well. We just need to keep providing feedback on what we want or how we would like Pets to be like, and I feel like the devs will do their best to deliver what they can.

I feel so much more optimistic now.

*HAPPY SIGH*
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    Erica87 wrote: »

All the have to do is add the option to turn off which animals you don't want in your game. Simple enough. There's no reason to make separate packs for each animal, that wouldn't be fair to players who want every animal. Thy would have to shell out a minimum of $10 and a max of $15 for each SP or GP.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• BoomChikaBoomPowBoomChikaBoomPow Posts: 79 Member
    I'm pretty sure they are "splitting up the content" because they want the occult life states to be more in depth and interesting. This is a good thing. The Vampires look way better than they ever have in the past. I would actually love for them to do this with occult life from now on. I kind of wish they did this with the aliens so they would have more abilities that separate them from normal sims.
  • BoomChikaBoomPowBoomChikaBoomPow Posts: 79 Member
    WillowG145 wrote: »
    I frankly think game paks shouldn't even exist. Only stuff pack and Expansion pack. Game pack are too blatantly rip-off from Expansion pack not even done that well.

Game packs are meant to replace the Sims Store, which is a welcome change if you ask me. And so far, I have enjoyed the Game Packs far more than the Expansion Packs.
  • WILDFLOWER1971WILDFLOWER1971 Posts: 211 Member
    hopefully everything will come around as planned. it is frustrating at times.
    James 3:13
    Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom.

https://facebook.com/PiperSims4Gaming/?ref=bookmarks
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    My wish would be that all content be either in GPs or SPs with new worlds being sold separately so anyone can buy anything that interests them and can avoid the rest.
  • ZafireriaZafireria Posts: 3,640 Member
    edited January 2017
    Think of it this way. What would you rather? An expansion pack that has faeries, vampires, plants, werewolves, witches, aliens in it but they're less fleshed out, so they are basically like a normal sims apart from few things and the appearance.
    Or
    A Game Pack that focus on 1 supernatural but they are very fleshed out and you feel like you are playing a different kind of sim.

You can't have both. The reason for that is that it takes time, resources, and money. So take a pick.
  • FluffyStrawberryFluffyStrawberry Posts: 113 Member
    How do you know they even will have more supernatural things in The Sims 4? This is maybe the only thing they will add?
  • MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    You probably should have used a better example as we already know that there is a pets pack due to be released this year. Maybe "what's next? a weather pack?"