Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

♦ The Gifting Directory ♦ Happy 11th Anniversary!

Comments

• TamaekTamaek Posts: 440 Member
    Hello everyone! Been a while! I finally got an ad to play and pay! Both! At once! Yay! (Usually it is only one of those at a time and I'll bet you can guess which one ;) ) I'm really hoping that they keep happening because not being able to gift is driving me bats.

Yeah I'd heard that @AuzzPanda, and *hides face in shame* it looks kind of cool... I actually have decided that since City Life was released I like the Sims 4. I still like the Sims 3 better (please don't lynch me) but it is kind of cool. I like singing and playing the guitar at the same time... :# So I kind of go back and forth between them now but honestly if you thought they were nickel and diming you to death over the Sims 3 *sheesh* about the Sims 4. Releasing each supernatural as a separate twenty dollar pack? Ouch. Would much rather spend $30 on a full expansion that includes all supernaturals and a way to turn on or off whichever ones you don't want in the game menu like they did with the Sims 3. Ah well. And I really miss open worlds. And weather. And pets. And magic. And, and, and the Sims 3 is still way better. lol

Here's hoping the ads continue to play nice tonight and I might be able to gift some lucky simmer! Probably not a big gift or many simmers but at least one would be nice. I feel so bad that I got so many gifts when I was trying to own the store and now that I don't need them anymore after that one big gifting spree I went on I can't seem to get anymore simpoints. Wish me luck I guess!

Waahoo that's 2!!!! :D
    As of 12-18-16 I joined the Own The Store Club! Now I get to pay it forward! Thanks to everyone who helped me get here. You guys are amazing. ^_^ Love to you all!! <3

Looking to make the most of your Simpoints and maybe make some great friends along the way?

Check out the DD Rotation Thread for tips, tricks, tools and the whole DD rotation schedule.

Need a little help owning the store or want to help others? Head over to The Gifting Directory!
  • elphieluvrelphieluvr Posts: 119 Member
    @Tamaek I don't think any lynching is in order lol. Everyone's entitled to their opinion.

I've spent hours in the past few weeks just playing in TS4 in CAS...at first the interface bugged me because I liked the precision of the sliders, but the tactile feel of actually pushing and pulling to mold the Sim the way you want is really growing on me.

I got so into it I've made several households and haven't started playing the actual game yet. :#

@EndUser omg stop! you're too kind! And yes, now I have to redo my top 5 list and that'll take me awhile lol. Gotta squeeze it in between ad-farming and preparing a presentation for later this week.
    I'm Leila, but I also answer to Elphie.
    Wishlist
  • SjappielovePaulSjappielovePaul Posts: 4,794 Member
    Jude525 wrote: »
    @SjappielovePaul I can say that there is no animosity between me and my ex-husband, but there it was definitely time to let go.

@Jude525 Well no animosity is always a good thing! I should learn to be so good hehe! But honestly I was a teen in the Hans days and he was 4 years older and should have been wiser than leading a 15/16 year girl on. I guess that's why that sack of excrements still gets me angry lol...

I have two more exes of whom I speak with much more respect. It's a sad thing it wasn't in their days that I made my gaming accounts xD
    Don't forget to take care of yourself every now and then in this big chaotic world!
    pkJ66Kv.png
    Some links that helped me a lot:
    Missing Store Stencils / Free Kiddy Stuff / Daily Deals / Daily Deals Spreadsheets / The Gifting Directory
  • EndUserEndUser Posts: 96 Member
    elphieluvr wrote: »
    @EndUser omg stop! you're too kind! And yes, now I have to redo my top 5 list and that'll take me awhile lol. Gotta squeeze it in between ad-farming and preparing a presentation for later this week.

>:)

Good luck with that!
    Oi the game that no one dares to speak of!

I tried Sims 4 again last week because Sims 2 and 3 are laggy. Only reason ever I fire up Sims 4... I also played more hours on the failed Simcity game from 2013 than I played Sims 4. The artstyle bugs me too much, they made most basegame furniture look like it came straight from a Disney/Pixar movie in my opinion. It frustrates me because some building tools are awesome (roof and pools) but the artstyle still makes me hate building, and offcourse the lack of CASt. All my houses look the same. And then building makes me so sad I want to play and I'm a family player... not a highly-social adult sim player. So that is not for me either. I think our beloved Sims 2 and Sims 3 were way more versatile.

And people may say, yeah your bad for not buying any other content but the base game and there's practically nothing to do. Well if basegame already disappoints me so much I just can't get myself to spent money on more content that looks the same. And I actually prefer the Sims 3 store where the poorer gamers can save SP and buy extra sets with them. If I want Sims 4 complete it will be the most expensive game ever! No second hand gamepacks because the limit on using gamekeys. No small bits of a pack from a store because you only like one bit of it and don't need it all. No saving up points for content by just watching ads.

And it really is a shame because there are a few features in Sims 4 that are fun. Just not fun enough to outweigh all my other things I miss.

With that said, the pack looks promising, but will it be able to make me like Sims 4? 'Fraid not. Maybe dislike it a little less though because there's finally this sort of dark edge to the game instead of all the happy/dreamy stuff. Time and a lot of Letsplayvids on youtube will tell.
    Don't forget to take care of yourself every now and then in this big chaotic world!
    pkJ66Kv.png
    Missing Store Stencils / Free Kiddy Stuff / Daily Deals / Daily Deals Spreadsheets / The Gifting Directory
    edited January 2017
    @SjappielovePaul I'm so ashamed of myself, I gave in and bought the base game on cyber Monday and then realized I couldn't even have a Sim in the medical career track without buying an expansion...so I gave in and did it. :( I have a feeling I'm on a slippery slope to buying all of the content, because the game is so enticing with some of its build and design features, but the gameplay is so severely lacking without those "extra" features. Trying my hardest to resist, because I don't want to encourage putting little effort into basegames and charging exorbitantly for expansions, but the thought of not getting to enjoy at all a game I had paid for (even if it was cheap) bummed me out more. So I folded.

*zooms back to work* I'm being productive, not wasting time on Sims forums. Yup.
    Post edited by elphieluvr on
    Wishlist
    edited January 2017
    Wishlist
  • LoveandhateLoveandhate Posts: 553 Member
    Well I havent been on in a long while, but thank you to @Anmirla who gifted me about 2 weeks ago, and the lovely @EndUser who loaded me up with 6 gifts! Thanks yall! Hopefully I'll be back to Simming soon.

In the meantime, don't worry about me for gifts! Although I of course appreciate it.

Hope everyone is well <3
    Have a great, blessed day!
    Sims 3 store: ScarlettRing

• JahnnaJahnna Posts: 406 Member
    Many thanks to @Ktarian for my gift. I would love to gift all of you guys but ever since you New Year I haven't had 1 single ad coming up! Anybody else having issues? :(
    I own the store since March 4th, 2017! Thanks to everybody who has helped me achieve this!
    TheSims3.com: Jahnna
  • shaliny1997shaliny1997 Posts: 646 Member
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15387818/#Comment_15387818
    Updated my top 5!

Thank you @GoatKing666 for your gifts!! :blush:
    Happy simming!

Jahnna wrote: »
    Many thanks to @Ktarian for my gift. I would love to gift all of you guys but ever since you New Year I haven't had 1 single ad coming up! Anybody else having issues? :(

In the DD thread, everyone has reported having this problem for a few weeks. I got no ads for about a week and they recently picked up for me again, but they're still being very fickle. I log on multiple times a day and have found that at least where I am (east coast US), I'm having better luck with the ads in the evening. Nothing whatsoever in the morning or afternoon.

It does seem to be improving over what it was a week ago, so keep trying!
    Wishlist
  • AuzzPandaAuzzPanda Posts: 1,235 Member
    edited January 2017
    Agreed @SjappielovePaul .
    @Tamaek The trailers for City Living and everything tempted me so much that I bought it when it was 50% off. AND I also had a 15% discount coupon code. But, what can I say. I only played it once xD

@cristill13 WOOOOW, OMGoodness! I only just saw the THOUSANDS of gifts! Thank you so much. I hadn't been on the store for a while, since the next deal I've been waiting for is on the 15th. Sorry for not noticing sooner. Thank you. I hope I didn't leave your sims homeless xD
    23rif7.gif
    Is there a way to petition for ads to appear in South American countries ._. I wonder
    23rif7.gif
    @SjappielovePaul I'm so ashamed of myself, I gave in and bought the base game on plum Monday and then realized I couldn't even have a Sim in the medical career track without buying an expansion...so I gave in and did it. :( I have a feeling I'm on a slippery slope to buying all of the content, because the game is so enticing with some of its build and design features, but the gameplay is so severely lacking without those "extra" features. Trying my hardest to resist, because I don't want to encourage putting little effort into basegames and charging exorbitantly for expansions, but the thought of not getting to enjoy at all a game I had paid for (even if it was cheap) bummed me out more. So I folded.

*zooms back to work* I'm being productive, not wasting time on Sims forums. Yup.

Haha don't be ashamed ;) I guess we all feel the same! I also think about buying stuff, but I just hate the way EA chose to treat us. I'll probably be buying some content eventually (and probably on sales again lol) but I'm afraid it'll just be the same as the base game, maybe a few more hours, but it'll never be the over a 1000 hours I spent on Sims 3 and probably even way more on Sims 2 lol!
    pkJ66Kv.png
  • BreazonaBreazona Posts: 1,335 Member
    edited January 2017
    Thank you @Nomiko13 for the adorable "The Shaggy Look for Toddlers" hairstyle. :)Top five is updated.
    sims 2&3 my beloved♥
  • simsfanatic9simsfanatic9 Posts: 223 Member

I'm having problems as well. They used to "reset" every 15 minutes for me then I would get tons. I barely get 5 a day now. Sometimes they show up late at night when I want to go to bed. But it's annoying. I'm not staying up at 11pm when I have work the next day because the ads are FINALLY appearing.
  • victoriae350victoriae350 Posts: 342 Member

I'm having problems as well. They used to "reset" every 15 minutes for me then I would get tons. I barely get 5 a day now. Sometimes they show up late at night when I want to go to bed. But it's annoying. I'm not staying up at 11pm when I have work the next day because the ads are FINALLY appearing.

I'm having a similar issue. I've had several over the last few days (and was thankfully able to gift someone for the first time). But i use to see the ad pop up every time i refreshed or changed pages. I hope they aren't getting rid of the feature. I can't afford to buy stuff or gift other people without it.
  • mikawagmikawag Posts: 190 Member
    Hi everyone! I hope everyone's alright!

I haven't been there in a while but I wanted to say thank you so much to @Hoplass , @charlotteprice for all the gifts! I really love them!! :heart::heart:
  • taratownietaratownie Posts: 167 Member
    Thank you @TrevorJ for your gift! <3
    I have everything I want from the Sims 3 Store. Thanks again for everyone who helped <3
    Well now I have ads but no pay outs. This is really annoying. I am so close! And I want to pay back everyone who gifted me, but I can't afford simpoints. Ugh
  • TamaekTamaek Posts: 440 Member
    @SjappielovePaul I'm so ashamed of myself, I gave in and bought the base game on plum Monday and then realized I couldn't even have a Sim in the medical career track without buying an expansion...so I gave in and did it. :( I have a feeling I'm on a slippery slope to buying all of the content, because the game is so enticing with some of its build and design features, but the gameplay is so severely lacking without those "extra" features. Trying my hardest to resist, because I don't want to encourage putting little effort into basegames and charging exorbitantly for expansions, but the thought of not getting to enjoy at all a game I had paid for (even if it was cheap) bummed me out more. So I folded.

Haha don't be ashamed ;) I guess we all feel the same! I also think about buying stuff, but I just hate the way EA chose to treat us. I'll probably be buying some content eventually (and probably on sales again lol) but I'm afraid it'll just be the same as the base game, maybe a few more hours, but it'll never be the over a 1000 hours I spent on Sims 3 and probably even way more on Sims 2 lol!

Well if you do decide to look into it check it out on Origin by launching the game and going to the DLC tab on the main menu screen. It takes you to this page that has all the packs on it and if you click on them it shows you screenshots and videos of the content but it also shows you every single object and CAS part included in the pack, which is much better for deciding what you want. I like Dine Out, too. ^_^ (I got a Gamestop gift card for Christmas last year, forgot about it, found it this year and spent it on Sims 4 packs. lol) I recommend just looking at what is in each pack and you know you and your playstyle best so only buy what appeals to you and if that is nothing then there you go. ;)

@Jahnna I'm having a similar issue. The ads play but I get no rewards. The little box that tells you thanks for watching and click okay might or might not appear and I am getting no points for my time. I got 10 points last night and that was it since New Years for me as well. :rage:
    As of 12-18-16 I joined the Own The Store Club! Now I get to pay it forward! Thanks to everyone who helped me get here. You guys are amazing. ^_^ Love to you all!! <3

Looking to make the most of your Simpoints and maybe make some great friends along the way?

Check out the DD Rotation Thread for tips, tricks, tools and the whole DD rotation schedule.

Need a little help owning the store or want to help others? Head over to The Gifting Directory!
    edited January 2017
    @SjappielovePaul
    Ah, IMO I really recommend you don't buy a thing unless it's SUPER, SUPER cheap.
    Honestly I thought City Living looked AMAAAAZING. Absolutely wonderful. But in the end, it WAS just like the base game in a way hahah.. hah...eh

@limegreenqueen101
    Thank you for the gifts! Gorgeous. I'll use them to make my Sims 3 vamps not feel left out LOL
    23rif7.gif
    So correction. I came home after being out for a few hours, and now I have the simpoints from ads I watched before I left. Weird. Usually I get rewarded right away. Well it does say can be 24 hours.
    Huh... Well I'm not surprised, what with the team behind the store being all.... ''EA'' LOL just kidding ._.
    23rif7.gif
  • Nomiko13Nomiko13 Posts: 1,497 Member
    Breazona wrote: »
    Thank you @Nomiko13 for the adorable "The Shaggy Look for Toddlers" hairstyle. :)Top five is updated.

You're welcome :)
    ▼add/follow▼
    ●【youtube】【 sims 3 page】【gallery】●

mario_10.jpg
    ●|| free items | daily deals | cascades |thank you ||●
    ▲still waiting on sims 4 generations▲
    ▶owner of the store since 9/21/2017◀