Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Vampire Look

The new GP trailer looks promising to me and I'm excited for it to come out!

My only thing is that I wish they were promoting modern vamps.. Like vampires from shows like True Blood, Vampire diaries, or Twilight. It just seems that they're always going with the victorian type vampires like in the Sims 3 Supernatural and Sims 2.

Granted in the Sims 3 Late night the vampires were modern but for the most part its these vampires frozen in a time period.
My Top Picks for an EP:
University
Seasons
Bonvoyage style (Loved those hotels)

Comments

• Options
    CupcakeWitchCupcakeWitch Posts: 542 Member
    I mean there were some modern vampires in the beginning at least with the girl. I think the reason behind it was because vampires are usually from past time periods (to emphasize they're immortal)
    But yeah I understand you. But if we put the vampires in modern clothes, they would be "modern vampires"
    tumblr_m5yfcmiKZM1r6uev5.gif

• Options
    Bert1701Bert1701 Posts: 159 Member
    Looks like you could make any type of Vampire you wanted to me.
    Want a modern vampire? Stick some City Living items on and move them to San Myshuno.
    Want a Victorian style vampire? Use the new CAS items and move them to the new world.

I can't wait, looks like this pack is going to be great for me!
  • Options
    JordojordJordojord Posts: 578 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    You can make your vampire look any way you want. They are showing off the new outfits.

Yeah I know we can and I know they are.. I'm just pointing out that theme (outfits and decor) is of an older time period when vampires are always current with the time period

but @CupcakeWitch made a good point to emphasize immortality (when we already know they are)
    My Top Picks for an EP:
    University
    Seasons
  • Options
    JordojordJordojord Posts: 578 Member
    Bert1701 wrote: »
    Want a modern vampire? Stick some City Living items on and move them to San Myshuno.
    Want a Victorian style vampire? Use the new CAS items and move them to the new world.

I know you can.. I'm just talking about the advertising of the theme being in the victorian age lol
    My Top Picks for an EP:
    University
    Seasons
  • Options
    Bert1701Bert1701 Posts: 159 Member
    Jordojord wrote: »

I know you can.. I'm just talking about the advertising of the theme being in the victorian age lol

Oh yeah, I see what you mean now! It did look very old style themed. I guess that's the more traditional Hollywood style vampire look that they went for as I suppose it's what a lot of people are used to. And @CupcakeWitch makes a good point about emphasising immortality by using the "Ancient" vampires as the trailer example.

• Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,753 Member
    Bert1701 wrote: »

I know you can.. I'm just talking about the advertising of the theme being in the Victorian age lol

People hated the Sims 3 vampires they were weak and pathetic Twilight copies
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member

My only thing is that I wish they were promoting modern vamps.. Like vampires from shows like True Blood, Vampire diaries, or Twilight. It just seems that they're always going with the victorian type vampires like in the Sims 3 Supernatural and Sims 2.

Granted in the Sims 3 Late night the vampires were modern but for the most part its these vampires frozen in a time period.

Well based on the name of the new hood "Forgotten Hollow" it sounds like an area that has been hidden from the modern world and most likely has been a haven for the vampire that inhabit it. It would make sense for them to be frozen in time if they have avidly been avoiding the modern world. I good story line could be a vampire who grew up in Forgotten Hollow who out of curiosity has decided to leave their home and explore the outside world only to discover that the outside world is nothing like home.

Also it isn't that hard to make modern vampires with the cas the comes with the base game alone and if you have previous packs your options are much greater. I'm kinda glad that they decided to go with the more classic/Victorian vampires as it makes it easier to make an ancient clan of vampires. It also seems that this pack will be adding some modern cas options but not much.
  • Options
    JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    You can also switch between 2 modes...
  • Options
    gmartindale98gmartindale98 Posts: 52 Member
    I really love the new CAS items. The cracked face skin detail looks great and I will definitely be using it on my vampire sims.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    You can make your vampire look any way you want. They are showing off the new outfits.

Yeah I know we can and I know they are.. I'm just pointing out that theme (outfits and decor) is of an older time period when vampires are always current with the time period

but @CupcakeWitch made a good point to emphasize immortality (when we already know they are)

With all the period outfits, you could easily make sims who live in that period and are not vampires. This would be great for story tellers who want to flashback to their ancestors as part of the story they are telling.
  • Options
    sheronparrissheronparris Posts: 64 Member
    I'm all for it because my books are set in the 1700s so the clothing is spot on for the characters I'm making in my games. And like another poster said, you want 'modern' vampires, just move them to San Myshuno. I'm so excited for the new clothes. Right up my vampire-centric ally.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

It's Forgotten Hollow....it's been forgotten. :D
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    okesterokester Posts: 4,136 Member
    Yeah, I was really hoping for some edgy leather CAS items, not that I'm hating the Victorian clothes xD
    Origin ID: Okest3r_13 Check out my Sims 4 creations!
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    okester wrote: »
    Yeah, I was really hoping for some edgy leather CAS items, not that I'm hating the Victorian clothes xD

I think I saw a few things that fit this description. A couple of the female vampires are wearing some edgier stuff in the trailer. :)

(Haha - "fit" :p )
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    rinre33rinre33 Posts: 697 Member
    I think it's mostly because while we can make our vampires look modern by using existing objects, people who want old fashioned vampires would struggle to do so without cc. I like the addition of older fashion, it adds variety to my game :)
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,191 Member

Well since there seem to be different id of vampires . Like Moral, and Rebellious . I think we are going to see ore trailers in the future .
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,191 Member
    Yoko2112 wrote: »
    VentusMatt wrote: »

Well based on the name of the new hood "Forgotten Hollow" it sounds like an area that has been hidden from the modern world and most likely has been a haven for the vampire that inhabit it. It would make sense for them to be frozen in time if they have avidly been avoiding the modern world. I good story line could be a vampire who grew up in Forgotten Hollow who out of curiosity has decided to leave their home and explore the outside world only to discover that the outside world is nothing like home.

Also it isn't that hard to make modern vampires with the cas the comes with the base game alone and if you have previous packs your options are much greater. I'm kinda glad that they decided to go with the more classic/Victorian vampires as it makes it easier to make an ancient clan of vampires. It also seems that this pack will be adding some modern cas options but not much.

This. Why add more of the same when you can focus on a completely new theme that is more commonly associated with beings that already "live" for a few hundred years.

I don't want to be rude , but reaistic speaking . If you live for hundreds of years ? You would probably not be wearing clothing from the 1900 s .
  • Options
    MorticiaBlack7MorticiaBlack7 Posts: 130 Member

Since vampires are pretty much ,,anchored'' in the past (they're immortal, some of them are very old) they usually are portrayed in more oldschool, gothic, or victorian surroundings. I'm actually happy about vampires coming with all these old-fashioned clothes and stuff, because I find it useful in my game. Still, you can make a vampire look as you wish and make it live a very modern life in modern surroundings.
  • Options
    mariah6194mariah6194 Posts: 1,002 Member
    The cool thing about it is that you can make your vamps look however you'd like. So I'm sure you could make a pretty rad modern looking one. That's my number one (and I'd say probably many others) favorite thing about this game is the creative freedom :smile:
    tumblr_olomnw8E5c1ug9tk9o2_500.gif
  • Options
    okesterokester Posts: 4,136 Member
    I've already made Selene from Underworld, Blade, and the chick from Bloodrayne. They're pretty modern, and I think I captured their clothing styles quite well. But more modern goth CAS items would just be great in general, even for non-vamps xD
    Origin ID: Okest3r_13 Check out my Sims 4 creations!
  • Options
    PopcornHotsaucePopcornHotsauce Posts: 143 Member
    edited January 2017
    I think promoting modern vampires would just get the community reaction of "Oh, hey! They just stuck vampires in regular sims clothing in a regular house. How lazy." They had to push a theme of some sort for new furniture, build mode and outfits, and the Bram Stoker-esque era makes sense.

Edit: also, we have so much modern themed stuff now, I'm completely excited to get things from another era! I do get what you're saying, though.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I am really glad they are adding clothing styles from a different era rather than just modern day vamps.

I want to play a group of old school vamps pit against a different " generation" of vamps so I need that old style look.
  • Options
    PinkFuelPinkFuel Posts: 26 New Member
    I am actually glad they went with the more "traditional" and Victorian styled theme. We already have modern clothing, it's nice to have a theme actually not focused on that.

I actually made Mavis from Hotel Transylvania and I am currently building a small "hotel" and going to build a similar club from Fish Mooney (Gotham) and that theme is actually right what I need.