Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Window heights in catalog

IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
edited March 5 in Nominated Threads
Hi, please can someone tell me where it is specified which of the three window height sections a window should appear in the catalog? Where we indicate if it is tall, short or medium?
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• SimGuruModSquadSimGuruModSquad Posts: 597 Member
    Hey @IngeJones

This is defined in the MTBL resource (type 0x81ca1a10).

I made a .bt file for this resource a while back when @pbox asked about it. But forgot to post it oops.

Posted now: here. The field you want is minimumWallHeight.

-SGMS
  • pboxpbox Posts: 630 Member
    Oh wow, thank you!
    Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4
  • IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    edited February 2016
    Oh! I am surprised to learn that the catalog interface looks in resources other than the top level catalog resources (well, and the string files)! Thanks for your help :)
    Which resource contains the floor cutouts?
    Floor cutouts for stairs are does procedurally in C++. Floor cutout for objects (EP02 dance floors, for example) are done via footprints.

-SGMS
    Thank you !
  • brujah236brujah236 Posts: 14 New Member
    Is there a way to have a cutout in the ceiling for an object? I've been looking at this and I can't seem to put my finger on it. I have tried several things but the cutout always stays on the floor.
    Wouldn't you just place the cutout on the floor above, where it would cut out the floor and ceiling together?
    I tried that but as soon as I went to the lower level the object disappears.
    edited December 2016
    I think you'll need to make a "dance floor" based invisible object to place on the floor above to effect the cutout, while placing the actual object you want to stand under the cutout on the floor it's meant to be on. In previous games (and probably this one also) there are additional fields to say what level offset the cutout is meant to go on and even add cutout entries for more than one cutout, but I wouldn't know how it's done in TS4 or if the community tools are aware of it in order to edit it.
    I have looked at the BT for the footprint and the level offset is currently unused so the invisible or alternate object on the upper floor may be the best way to go for the time being. Thanks.
  • YeldieYeldie Posts: 1 New Member
    @SimGuruModSquad can you enlighten us a little as to what info is passed to generate the stair cutout?
    Hey @Yeldie,

The stair cutouts are generated procedurally by the code so the only input to that is the dimension and placement information for the staircase. And technically there isn't actually a cutout per-se for stairs, it's actually just suppressing the appropriate floor tiles.

-SGMS

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top