Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Lacks Diversity In Music

Comments

• Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    I miss when they had more popular artists converting their songs to Simlish. Now, it seems they stick to indie ones.
  • MingYangYoMingYangYo Posts: 362 Member
    We need more country music imho since the backyard station is Taylor Swift type music which just borders on country and pop.

If they added a Farm EP and a real country station that would be so great.

Yes it needs some luke bryan.
    Let me in I got a heart of gold

L2Oe8ie.jpg
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    I miss when they had more popular artists converting their songs to Simlish. Now, it seems they stick to indie ones.

The good old days :/ I loved watching them record in the studio's I watched them all on YouTube. I've never heard of some of the singers in 4 tbh

L2Oe8ie.jpg
  • VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    dorcsyful wrote: »
    Are people complaining about paying for additional stations when historically you had to pay for additional stations? I'm so confused...
    Also they did add an international station and what is essentially Jpop so it's very cultirally diverse.

So country wasn't in the TS3 base game? I haven't played only the base game in years. (BTW in my previous post I meant that I would pay to have something country music-like)

Country was added in Pets

Here is a list of all genres and what packs they came with.

http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Radio_stations
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Where's the Darkwave? Where's the industrial? Where's the EBM?
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
    Movotti wrote: »
    Where's the Darkwave? Where's the industrial? Where's the EBM?

Yes! Where's the variety ?!

L2Oe8ie.jpg
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    I just really want heavy metal. Many of my TS2 sims listened to it.
    I just really want heavy metal. Many of my TS2 sims listened to it.

Agreed. I still listen to the metal station irl lol

L2Oe8ie.jpg
  • HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    I know this is not exactly what you are referring to, but a guy named Ray Mazza used to be the Creative Director at Maxis and he left to make his own games. He made a mobile app called Merge Dragons which is a cute little game; the only problem for me was that the 'success' jingle that plays when you complete a level reminded me of the plum jingle they play in TS4. For me, that was not a positive association.
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
    I know this is not exactly what you are referring to, but a guy named Ray Mazza used to be the Creative Director at Maxis and he left to make his own games. He made a mobile app called Merge Dragons which is a cute little game; the only problem for me was that the 'success' jingle that plays when you complete a level reminded me of the plum jingle they play in TS4. For me, that was not a positive association.

Aw :( here's something else a lot of people don't know. If the night life soundtrack sounded familiar it's because the artist who worked on it did the music for Rugrats. Lemon jelly reminds me of the song they played when the twins were fighting over a bike lol.

L2Oe8ie.jpg
  • IfreshyehIfreshyeh Posts: 1,403 Member
    Are people complaining about paying for additional stations when historically you had to pay for additional stations? I'm so confused...
    Also they did add an international station and what is essentially Jpop so it's very cultirally diverse.

Jpop is just 1 station and that makes it very cultural diverse? I don't think so.
    In cas, it's easier to make sims of different races and I very much like that but no, 1 station from a country in eastern Asia does not a culturally diverse game make.
    Ifreshyeh wrote: »

Jpop is just 1 station and that makes it very cultural diverse? I don't think so.
    In cas, it's easier to make sims of different races and I very much like that but no, 1 station from a country in eastern Asia does not a culturally diverse game make.

This. In previous games the games were shipped with diverse music starting with ts2. We didn't have to pay for it except for country and other world music so idk what they're talking about.

L2Oe8ie.jpg
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    edited January 2017
    I ripped the Sims 2 metal station and put the custom music into the Retro station as I have zero desire to listen to the music assigned to it.

Actually, if you own the Sims 2 UE or whatever it's called, it's trivial though time consuming to rip the music from it and you can end up with tons of simlish music in your stations.

That reminds me, have they fixed the bug yet where custom music was playing at a different volume than the in-game music?

Edit: Seriously, this is all sorts of awesome.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvM-1U3qWi8&ab_channel=TheGenOST
    Felicity wrote: »
    I ripped the Sims 2 metal station and put the custom music into the Retro station as I have zero desire to listen to the music assigned to it.

Actually, if you own the Sims 2 UE or whatever it's called, it's trivial though time consuming to rip the music from it and you can end up with tons of simlish music in your stations.

That reminds me, have they fixed the bug yet where custom music was playing at a different volume than the in-game music?

Edit: Seriously, this is all sorts of awesome.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvM-1U3qWi8&ab_channel=TheGenOST

Man's fire is my jam ! Lol I love that one too, I imagine a bad sim kid ordering a pizza and jumping on the couch when I hear it lol

L2Oe8ie.jpg
  • TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member
    I get that they don't have some of the genres you want yet, but TS4 base game had more radio stations than any previous game, and they have been steadily building up the radio selection with new stations. I love having Talk Radio, Baroque, New Age, Easy Listening, Jazz, Spop, Backyard... We're getting something a little different, which I like. :) But R&B and Hip-Hop are such popular stations that I'm sure they will be added in. It impresses me that we get new radio stations in stuff packs, and lord knows we have plenty of those, so we've still got plenty of time for the genres you're talking about to be added.
    Terra wrote: »
    I get that they don't have some of the genres you want yet, but TS4 base game had more radio stations than any previous game, and they have been steadily building up the radio selection with new stations. I love having Talk Radio, Baroque, New Age, Easy Listening, Jazz, Spop, Backyard... We're getting something a little different, which I like. :) But R&B and Hip-Hop are such popular stations that I'm sure they will be added in. It impresses me that we get new radio stations in stuff packs, and lord knows we have plenty of those, so we've still got plenty of time for the genres you're talking about to be added.

It's not what I want it's that many simmers of different backgrounds were left out. Me and my bff's started playing the Sims 4 together and we are of different colors so we expected some music for us to be in there too. There's no music for us we don't fist pump until the sun comes up. Ts4 base game has the most limited radio stations in the series. It's 2017 where is the diversity that should have been in game since 2014? We have to wait or pay for what makes us feel welcome as many stations are not of our culture. Every song in ts4 is sweet bubble gum like and I'm sick of it. Flavor is needed! Metal will bring that fire ! Ts2 had the best diverse soundtrack shipped, well because they included the good stuff all together first and then added more. You like the music it's your taste it's not mines or anybody else's who's wondering when their genre will appear. The radio stations that are missing are nothing new under the sun and the fact that they left something so simple out lets me know that they're not as welcoming as they appear. Why did my latin sims have to dance to pop -_- and my goth sim sure as heck didn't want to listen to pop.

L2Oe8ie.jpg
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    I can't wait, you's people can sign one of my petitions with these late upcoming radio stations with these two links that I have down here
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/901440/apology-and-hip-hop-radio-station-petition-23-signatures
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/921702/r-b-radio-station-petition-0-signatures
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited July 2017
    Where's the country station? and the oldies station? Or the heavy metal? Or the punk rock (hello '80's!) where is the love ballads' station? I don't know I see less and less in TS4 than the other games. Edited to add, I like some of Taylor's stuff but she ain't country. George Jones is country. :D No, these young people are not country. Am I behind times? lol, doesn't matter Alan Jackson is 'country' not these bands of today...they are pop.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • TheHarbinger_51TheHarbinger_51 Posts: 1,702 Member
    @dorcsyful the backyard radio station has kind of a country vibe and I like it
  • HowmanychairsHowmanychairs Posts: 32 Member
    > @poisonedsodapop said:
    > Are people complaining about paying for additional stations when historically you had to pay for additional stations? I'm so confused...
    > Also they did add an international station and what is essentially Jpop so it's very cultirally diverse.

Agreed. I mean new radio stations are always good addition, but I don't think ther're that lacking... Also even if they were you can always put your music in custom music station..
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    You need Hard House in The Sims. If you can build houses then why not listen to it?
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • PugLove888PugLove888 Posts: 674 Member
    MingYangYo wrote: »
    This game seems to be behind the times a bit music wise. Where is the metal,r&b,Latin,hip hop,rock and country? It's suppose to be a game for anyone but culturally the music isn't there. It was in the previous games why did you leave out something so simple as music for anyone to enjoy ? Seems like this game only has chill music you listen to at starbucks or something. Why did you leave the other flavors of music out?! I just don't get why they were left behind when different types of people play this game :|

@MingYangYo , I agree!! I recently had a teen get in a phase that made her want to listed to "loud music" and she turned on the Children's station! LOL :D And hear I was thinking she should be listening to heavy metal or hard rap! Even though I hate country music, I think there should be that station since it just fits with some Sims! (I do love the addition of Baroque and World Music that came with some of the additional packs! :) )
    Plus my all time favorite was the College Rock that they had in TS2 University! B) I LOVED those songs!!! <3
    Home is where your Pugs are! <3
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »

Yes! They had a song from one of my all time favorite bands Depeche Mode converted into Simlish! :D<3 This just cracked me up!
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    Like how the real country station needs to be exist, but backyard is like a modern form of country!
    12JEREMIA wrote: »
    Like how the real country station needs to be exist, but backyard is like a modern form of country!

I didn't know that the Backyard SP had a country-ish radio station until 2 days ago when I finally bought the Backyard SP in the sale that EA had! B)

Also, the items of the upcoming Eco pack are of a country style, so maybe they might include a Classic Country station?!? :) It is possible because even though Country music doesn't seem to go with an Eco themed pack, neither does laundry and they are still including that! LOL ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top