Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I wish sims could die of illness in sims 4

Comments

• NotLoudonWainwrightNotLoudonWainwright Posts: 863 Member
    I prefer the current system. I've had the flu many times in my life, and never once have I died from it. There's no reason for sims to die after developing a rash.
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    Shampuru wrote: »
    I wish we had more ways for them to die in general. Bad things hardly ever happen to my sims in 4. House fires near impossible to start as well.

In 2 and 3 you could start one by leaving food in the oven/stove. Lost quite a few sims because they fell asleep in the middle of making dinner.

It's just no fun without some bad things to shake up my sims lives.

Did you notice that Sims now turn off the stove if they walk away while cooking?
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Shampuru wrote: »
    I wish we had more ways for them to die in general. Bad things hardly ever happen to my sims in 4. House fires near impossible to start as well.

In 2 and 3 you could start one by leaving food in the oven/stove. Lost quite a few sims because they fell asleep in the middle of making dinner.

It's just no fun without some bad things to shake up my sims lives.

Did you notice that Sims now turn off the stove if they walk away while cooking?

no I didn't
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • selena9987selena9987 Posts: 10 New Member
    I think that sims 4 must have death by illness and give the doctors new interactions. Also, I think that must make available to join your active sim going to the hospital and you will be able to see him treated by doctors. And there must be a new expansion pack with disabled sims (who can't walk) which gives new interactions to doctor career and nurses. Because in the sims 4 get to work all the work it has to do your own sim who is a doctor and the hospital stuff don't help him.....

Sorry for my bad English. I hope you understand..... :)
    selena9987 wrote: »
    I think that sims 4 must have death by illness and give the doctors new interactions. Also, I think that must make available to join your active sim going to the hospital and you will be able to see him treated by doctors. And there must be a new expansion pack with disabled sims (who can't walk) which gives new interactions to doctor career and nurses. Because in the sims 4 get to work all the work it has to do your own sim who is a doctor and the hospital stuff don't help him.....

Sorry for my bad English. I hope you understand..... :)

welcome @selena9987
  • selena9987selena9987 Posts: 10 New Member
    Nice too meet you guys!!! :)
    Please let's all of us try to make sims 4 the best game ever!!! :)
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    And why not cancer? Cancer can be terrifying. But we're approaching a real cure IRL now.

Cancer is exactly that - cancer. And when it's caught, it is increasingly curable. Maxis wouldn't be belittling it by your sims having it. Now if your Sims didn't react accordingly - frightened and sad and tense. If you didn't treat it, 🐸🐸🐸🐸 right it'd kill your Sim. And that's cruel, but so is letting your Sims drown and burn and starve to death, and people already do that.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
    Loanet wrote: »
    And why not cancer? Cancer can be terrifying. But we're approaching a real cure IRL now.

Cancer is exactly that - cancer. And when it's caught, it is increasingly curable. Maxis wouldn't be belittling it by your sims having it. Now if your Sims didn't react accordingly - frightened and sad and tense. If you didn't treat it, plum right it'd kill your Sim. And that's cruel, but so is letting your Sims drown and burn and starve to death, and people already do that.

because the sims is not suppose to be like IRL
  • Clk1143Clk1143 Posts: 1,014 Member
    Loanet wrote: »

Cancer is exactly that - cancer. And when it's caught, it is increasingly curable. Maxis wouldn't be belittling it by your sims having it. Now if your Sims didn't react accordingly - frightened and sad and tense. If you didn't treat it, plum right it'd kill your Sim. And that's cruel, but so is letting your Sims drown and burn and starve to death, and people already do that.

Sims is more a parody of life though, and I feel like you can't be humorous when it comes to someone suffering and dying from cancer. It' s just not funny to me.
  • james64468james64468 Posts: 1,276 Member
    At least bring back Grandma's comfort soup from Sims 2. If your going to bring illness into.
    james64468 wrote: »
    At least bring back Grandma's comfort soup from Sims 2. If your going to bring illness into.

yes thats one of the things I want
  • simmerkaylasimmerkayla Posts: 30 Member
    I agree. I feel like illness in this game was really half-baked. I was excited the first time it happened because I love random chance events in my game! However, I quickly realized that all I had to do was get the Sim to drink some OJ or rest and they were fine. Or, if I had money to burn, by the medicine. The medicine itself is also kind of disappointing. One cure-all? At least have different medications for different things and make us do a little investigating to see what our Sims need!
    I agree. I feel like illness in this game was really half-baked. I was excited the first time it happened because I love random chance events in my game! However, I quickly realized that all I had to do was get the Sim to drink some OJ or rest and they were fine. Or, if I had money to burn, by the medicine. The medicine itself is also kind of disappointing. One cure-all? At least have different medications for different things and make us do a little investigating to see what our Sims need!

good idea
  • SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    edited January 2017
    Thank you for opening this discussion
    I have some ideas I want to add : it would be awesome if the sims can go to the hospital from get to work add-on , see a doctor or a nurse , the doctor diagnoses the illness (please not cancers, aids etc too much controversial) your sims is suffering and he/she/xe gave to the ill sims a prescription to cure. If the sims doesn't listen to or if the illness is taking too much late, the sims dies.
    Prescriptions are pills, lying on bed, drinking teas or infusions, seringes ,and if witches are back , with alchemy potions we buy everything in a chemistry shop or an herbal shop. If a sim mixed both medications or if any wrong pill is taken (depend on emotion) complications occured. and some illness can be viral.

It will be so awesome !

But of course better make some useless stuffs as speaking toilets or why not robotic pets.

Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    Probably won't ever happen but I'd like this.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • OilbasedoleanderOilbasedoleander Posts: 2,967 Member
    edited January 2017
    Why are people assuming the worst?? Of course not cancer jeezy-creezy folks... I doubt the OP thought of that and this is The Sims. It's not even called intercourse it's called "woohoo". It's not called alcohol it's called "juice". It's not a hookah it's a "Bubble Blower". Basically, you insinuate a disease with a playful twist like all the rest of the taboo themes in a Sims game.

For example...
    Llama-pox - where your sim is covered in spots and flies swirl around them (because you can't have a llama with out some flies!). If your sim already had it, they can't get it, just like chicken pox when you were a kid. Or you get a vaccine from the hospital so your sims are immune. Also the actions would be your sim scratching themselves and trying to swat flies away, with the feeling of "Itchy".

Vaccinations will be a priority for those Simmers who hate the concept of diseases and don't want that in the game. Get your sim an injection and presto!! You're immune, go on with your sim life.
    @Oilbasedoleander and @Simsophonique I really like your ideas I hope they use them in sim 4 or sim 5
    I would just love that
  • SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    @comicsforlife : thank you for supporting our ideas, we need a drastic change in the sims.

We want chemistry shop, real herbal teas etc can work with get to work addon as any kind of shops , the sims can run them and customers can buy them.
    Witches and Outdoor Lovers can also make their home potions, herbal tea and pills and sell them. Delicate people can avoid to use them, people who are suspicious like as well. Negative sims can also make their own potions why not,(to make people ill I don't really think of, I don't think it's necessary but in case of people think of them or play with them) People who tries the medicine can give opinions to help amateur chemists /pharmacists to be better.

For hard illness , modders can create them if they want to. I know some nsfw made dramas for the sims 3 I can't speak there.
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • NADYSOPHIENADYSOPHIE Posts: 356 Member
    I agree. I still don't get the purpose of my sims being sick if I just can buy the medicine. Why can I have the doctor visit my home and give the medicine after checking my sims? It would be good to have a npc doctor, also the illness could have 3 tiers, the not serious if is just a flu, serious if is vomiting and fever, faiting etc, and deadly.
    edited January 2017
    NADYSOPHIE wrote: »
    I agree. I still don't get the purpose of my sims being sick if I just can buy the medicine. Why can I have the doctor visit my home and give the medicine after checking my sims? It would be good to have a npc doctor, also the illness could have 3 tiers, the not serious if is just a flu, serious if is vomiting and fever, faiting etc, and deadly.

I want your idea to happen so much its so awesome @NADYSOPHIE
    edited July 2017
    I still would really like to see death by illness happen in sims 4
    I also think it would add a lot if the sims could go to the doctor now and then for illness even if it was a rabbit hole it would be better then nothing
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Why are people assuming the worst?? Of course not cancer jeezy-creezy folks... I doubt the OP thought of that and this is The Sims. It's not even called intercourse it's called "woohoo". It's not called alcohol it's called "juice". It's not a hookah it's a "Bubble Blower". Basically, you insinuate a disease with a playful twist like all the rest of the taboo themes in a Sims game.

For example...
    Llama-pox - where your sim is covered in spots and flies swirl around them (because you can't have a llama with out some flies!). If your sim already had it, they can't get it, just like chicken pox when you were a kid. Or you get a vaccine from the hospital so your sims are immune. Also the actions would be your sim scratching themselves and trying to swat flies away, with the feeling of "Itchy".

Vaccinations will be a priority for those Simmers who hate the concept of diseases and don't want that in the game. Get your sim an injection and presto!! You're immune, go on with your sim life.

This was a great idea. Really disappointed with the no-consequences for illnesses. Hope that will see an update at some point.
  • LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    I would love this!
  • SmilinSimsSmilinSims Posts: 560 Member
    That would be great! Just another added suspense to the game. Remember when we had robbers? I loved that aspect.
    Do you want to WIN the new Sims 4 Laundry Day Stuff Pack??? To WIN you MUST be subscribed to my YOUTUBE channel Watch contest video for rules!

acrehk.jpg