March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

S4 BuildnShare Winners Circle

Comments

• BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    Expert Results for Challenge #58 - The Second Sister - Journye

@folala

The first thing that struck me about Rosies Retreat is the gorgeous landscaping! You’ve used plants and terrain paint exceptionally well. I like the traditional architecture, and your use of asymmetry—especially the ground-up roof seen from the left view—is dramatic! The interior is nicely laid out. The soft pink accents are lovely, and the overall style would please Rosie. The fashion room for Rosie and the get-away den for Journey seem just right. (I love the way you created the shoe boxes in the fashion room!) :smiley: Great job!

Suggestions: One of your exterior images shows the house with green roof trim and a green front door. I think I actually prefer that to the pink trim and white door in the other images.

@masajo

The modern architecture of Limoncello is stunning from all sides! The pop of yellow gives the house distinction and is a great compromise color for the two women who will share it. The landscaping seems minimal, but appropriate. The interior is very chic, and the pops of bright pink are fun and not overwhelming! The layout is well thought out with and easy flow through the open concept ground floor. And the get-away space for Journye in the backyard is just right. I especially like your choice of artwork and floor rugs! :smiley: Wonderful work!

Suggestions: The house is beautifully coordinated inside and out. My only cavil is that the style seems to favor Journye over Rosie, and from the brief, it seemed that Journye wanted it a little more “girly” for Rosie’s sake.

The Winner of this Challenge is....

@masajo

GArBA5W.jpg
  • masajomasajo Posts: 5,988 Member
    Big thank you @BuildnShare for all your generous words and advice, very much appreciated :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
    Established Results for Challenge #58 - The Second Sister - Journye

@SyddyB206

Gorgeous appearance of your build with the chalet style home and the path and flower bed edged with rocks, so very attractive and welcoming. The front porch looks a very peaceful and relaxing place to sit and watch the world go by or read a good book. The interior layout is lovely and spacious with easy access to all rooms. The pink theme is very pretty and the master bedroom is absolutely beautiful, so elegantly designed. Love the kitchen with all the cupboard space and plenty of work surfaces and the backyard looks lots of fun. Journye will love meditating and playing guitar in her getaway room.

Suggestions: It's always a good idea to take pics in daylight so we can see them more clearly. Regarding the build, the roofline doesn't quite line up, I would adjust it here and there to make it all flush.

Sim Challenge: Journye looks blissfully happy in her new home and it's great to see all the wonderful outfits you chose for the different occasions. The Party Animal aspiration suits her character so well, as do the traits you have chosen, perfect.

@popettypop2012

A very beautiful and interesting design, love the upper balcony and front porch and the pink and white scheme gives the build a very pretty and delicate appearance. The flowers and greenery all enhance the beauty of your house. The rear garden looks serene and peaceful behind the picket fence, lots of privacy to enjoy the pool or have a bbq. The interiors are all very stylish and modern, yet warm and cosy at the same time with just the right amount of pink. Really love Rosie's workroom, the mannequins are perfect here and Journye will delighted to listen to music while working out or playing the guitar in her wonderful new escape room.

Suggestions: The only suggestion I would make relate to the inner walls. There seems to be a lot of brickwork going on in the kitchen/dining area. I would have used paint in a contrasting colour on the wall leading to the main bedroom in order to break this up.

@popettypop2012

The Winner of the Sim Challenge is ....
    @SyddyB206

GArBA5W.jpg
  • folalafolala Posts: 307 Member
    edited December 2016
    Congratulations @masajo A well deserved win for a gorgeous house!
    Congrats and well done also @popettypop2012 and @SyddyB206 :D
    Thanks @BuildnShare for the feedback. Oops, embarrassed I missed that pic :o
    Many thanks @folala very kind of you :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • popettypop2012popettypop2012 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Thank you so much for the feedback, @BuildnShare and great work on your houses, everyone :)
    Established Results for Challenge #59 - The Hawthorne Project - Phase 2

@popettypop2012

A very attractive appearance to Shabby Chic Cottage with your choice of exterior wall textures and ornate spandrels. Great work using terrain paint to create the winding path leading to the front porch and the veg garden, this adds more interest to the design. The mailbox is perfectly placed on the way and the gorgeous plants chosen really enhance this pretty cottage. The interior layout is good and ensures a spacious format. The traditional design is perfect for this style of build and provides a fabulous shabby chic image. The galley kitchen looks wonderful and the dining area sits well here.

Suggestions: The placement of windows looks mainly good from the exterior but from the inside some look a little out of place. For instance, the one near the kitchen sink and bin, I would have added another counter where the bin is and moved the bin to the side of it or to the corner opposite the fridge. The window in the bedroom looks a little out of place to me also. I would have used closed curtains to cover this window and part of the wall to the right in order to even it out. This would also have provided a good backdrop for the bed.

@SyddyB206

BoHo Chic Starter has a very striking appearance with your choice of bold contrasting exterior tones and textures and the use of large windows. Really impressive how you've fitted the chess table and gardening pots onto the front porch. Love the shabby chic interiors, there is a fabulous mix of pastel tones and bright colours. Gorgeous living room, looks very elegant yet cosy and the large windows provide lots of light. The overall layout is great, the open plan design gives a great feeling of spaciousness.

Suggestions: More pics please, we like to see shots of each room from different angles so we can get the total picture. Regarding the build, I was a little disappointed not so see much landscaping. Plants either side of the front path would have really enhanced the exterior, perhaps a tree to the right would also add more interest.

@popettypop2012

GArBA5W.jpg
    edited December 2016
    Expert Results for Challenge #59 - The Hawthorne Project - Phase 2

@AIRIS6962

The roofing that fronts your Little Shabby Chic is extraordinarily creative! The way it echoes the window above it, together with the round porch and lush landscaping give the house marvelous curb appeal! The house is charming from all sides because of the many architectural and landscaping details. The interior is welcoming with just the right blend of shabby and chic elements, and the layout is quite efficient. My favorite space is the computer nook. Over all, you did a wonderful job! :smiley:

Suggestions: I might have added a few more clutter items, especially a rug under the dining table and perhaps by the bathtub. Also, does Google Photos allow you to label your pictures? At the expert level, we would prefer all images to be labeled and put into a sort of “story” order.

@FaithofKaela

Shabby Chic Bungalow is an adorable, cozy house for Julia Hedges. The front and back porches with their colorful fencing are a great touch, and I like how you’ve continued the stone wall treatment from the foundation up onto the back extension. The vegetable garden looks nice along the side of the house, and the landscaping in front creates wonderful curb appeal. The interior layout works well; you’ve used soft, calming colors throughout. I especially like the contrast of the green loveseats with the cream-colored walls in the living area. :smiley:

Suggestions: Be careful with sizing up objects. The grass works really well in the front but the light fixture on the front porch looks out of proportion. I might have chosen a smaller roof trim, too. It again looks out of proportion on a house of that size.

Sim Challenge: Your Julia looks like someone I’d like to know! She has a great wardrobe (I love the party outfit!). My favorite picture is the one of her looking in the mirror. :smiley:

@folala

Hawthorne Lodge exudes charm! Your choices of wall textures, roofing and landscaping create a homey, cottage-like impression that Julia would find most appealing. I especially like the way you’ve created the chimney. The interior is nicely laid out with an open plan and uses a lovely color palette throughout. Also, nice use of furnishing and clutter items. The use of the spandrel to separate the living room from the dining/kitchen area is inspired! :smiley:

Suggestions: More rugs would make the floors seem less bare, and I’m not sure the painted brick works with the formal wallpaper. Each looks fine on its own (when used in a single space).

@masajo

Talk about curb appeal! You have made wonderful choices of shapes and wall textures for the façade of Cuckoo’s Nest. That, together with the lush landscaping and marvelous terrain paint, would make this house easy to sell. I especially love that you’ve included a trash can in the back for Julia. The interior is very cohesive; the color palette of soft gray, soft pink and soft blue ties it all together nicely. The layout is very efficient. There are number of inspired touches throughout, but my favorite is the coffee maker with the mug rack! :smiley:

Suggestions: I’d say you erred on the side of chic over shabby here. And the porch seems an odd place to put the violin. I might have found a place in the living room or bedroom for it.

@pronterus

The colorful, appealing façade of Camilla would be put a smile on Julia’s face every time she came home! Your use of columns with the corbels adds a lot of interest, as does the bright, geometric pattern on the driveway. I love that the “garage” has been converted into a multi-functional bedroom. The landscaping, fencing and terrain paint are very effective in making the lot seem homey. Overall, the interior seems very cozy and “lived in”. Great use of clutter objects throughout as well as floor textures and rugs. :smiley:

Suggestions: I’m not sure the orange works with the pink and blue in the kitchen. Otherwise, I love the colorful interior of the house in general.

@masajo

The Winner of the Sim Challenge is....

@FaithofKaela
    Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg
    Big thank you @BuildnShare for your wonderful feedback, always very much appreciated :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • AIRIS6962AIRIS6962 Posts: 5,611 Member
    edited December 2016
    Congrats to the winner!
    But, where is my entry? What happened with my entry? :anguished:
    edited December 2016
    AIRIS6962 wrote: »
    Congrats to the winner!

Our fault entirely, @AIRIS6962 ! So sorry. :blush: We will evaluate your entry and add it to the existing post. Too much holiday cheer…

Edit: You will have to fix the link to your slideshow. It does not seem to be working. Thanks! :smiley:
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited December 2016
    Congrats to the winner!

Our fault entirely, @AIRIS6962 ! So sorry. :blush: We will evaluate your entry and add it to the existing post. Too much holiday cheer…

Edit: You will have to fix the link to your slideshow. It does not seem to be working. Thanks! :smiley:

Oh, well...thank you for your quick answer. It´s the first time I use the new Google Photo albums to share. Here is the new link (I hope this time works)

PICS:
    https://goo.gl/photos/iE8tcSBXMTPuukgq9

NOTE: I´ve edited my entry with the new link too. If it doesn´t work, let me know, please.
    Anyway, I assume that the winner is @masajo LOL :wink:
    I enjoyed a lot making this challenge. Thank you for it :smile:
    Happy New Year to everyone! Hugs <3
    edited December 2016

Oh, well...thank you for your quick answer. It´s the first time I use the new Google Photo albums to share. Here is the new link (I hope this time works)

PICS:
    https://goo.gl/photos/iE8tcSBXMTPuukgq9

Yes, the link works! Thanks so much, @AIRIS6962 . :smiley:
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited December 2016
    YAY! Thank you! :smiley:

And thank you very much @BuildnShare for your wonderful feedback!
    I think Google Photos have no a label option, anyway I will explore a bit more.
    Post edited by AIRIS6962 on
    Expert Results for Challenge #60 - Winter Designer Showdown

@StSciurus

Fantastic transformation of the shell into The High CC's, with a fabulous nautical theme inspired by the Captain Chaz MacFreeling's Galleon. This beach style home has a very attractive appearance with the light blue siding and contrasting doors and windows, looks very breezy. The balconies and porches add lots of interest to the build which is enhanced by the subtle landscaping and topped off with a perfect roof structure. I love the welcoming design of the front courtyard, the frogs look very quirky here! Excellent interior layout with spacious and well designed rooms. The sea blue/green theme throughout looks wonderfully refreshing and provides a great seaside atmosphere. Fabulous design of the kitchen/diner with the fireplace nook and doors leading to the rear porch, looks very cosy, as does the living room which is beautifully decorated for the festive season.

Suggestions: Not much to suggest with this build other than the rear porch. I feel it would have been uplifted by perhaps adding some rugs/mats. I would also have rotated the wooden floor here to be horizontal, in line with the house.

@pronterus

What an exciting project Casa Picante is with all the nooks and different areas and spicy hot colour scheme, very appropriately named. I can certainly see your inspiration object is the spice rack! The exterior walls are very interestingly designed with your great choice of bold contrasting textures, fenestration and wall hangings. The window boxes and hot coloured plants really bring this build to life, which belongs in a country with a warm climate where plants thrive. Really like how you've put the balconies to good use and included painting and working out. Love the driveway leading to the front door, which then continues to the gardening section and finally to the outdoor dining area. I also love your choices of fencing, each different panel belongs to the next! It's great to see you've brought the warm colours inside and provided lots of clutter to really make this house a home. The landing with the art gallery is a great idea which makes this space very interesting. The flooring in the master bedroom is exquisite and really livens up this room.

Suggestions: I really can't fault this house, however, are those plants poking through the walls in the children's room? Also, a spice rack in the master bedroom?

@folala

Your inspiration object, being the improbable ottoman, has led to a very beautiful contemporary build. Excellent choice of windows for this style which will fill the interiors with plenty of light. The pool at the rear looks very refreshing and tranquil with the effects of the rocks and fountains, together with just the right amount of planting around. The veranda overlooking the pool is peaceful and private and I love your choice and placement of dividers to separate the different areas. Wonderful choice of plants at the front door, lavender is very welcoming. The modern interior design is chic and stylish, decorated and furnished in the beautiful purple tones which contrast and blend well with the darker shades. Fabulous layout throughout, I love how you've squeezed the bar into the kitchen/diner and the exquisite master bedroom is ultra cool with it's adjoining wetroom.

Suggestions: The windows you have chosen are perfect for this build and so is the fencing, but together it all looks rather excessive. I would have used a different type of fencing/half wall/hedging around the build to break the glazing up. Also the columns look a little large jutting out so maybe narrower columns would be more fitting.

@pronterus

GArBA5W.jpg
  • StSciurusStSciurus Posts: 1,580 Member
    edited January 2017
    Congratulations, @pronterus ! :smiley: A well-deserved win; you did a fantastic job! And thank you, @BuildnShare , for the helpful feedback. I really appreciate it!
  • pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
    Thanks @StSciurus @BuildnShare ! :)

The spice rack was in the master's bedroom so that it can highlight the importance of spices to the owner of the house. xD
  • Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    Congrats @pronterus, that really was a fabulous build!! And well done to @StSciurus and @folala, great entries all round.
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
  • folalafolala Posts: 307 Member
    edited January 2017
    Congrats @pronterus ,well done! It was a fantastic house :)

Thanks @BuildnShare for the feedback - a hedge def would have been better!
    & thanks @FaithofKaela :) It was a fun challenge, cool to see how different everyones interpretation was.
  • pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
  • kilra0kilra0 Posts: 644 Member
  • StSciurusStSciurus Posts: 1,580 Member
    edited January 2017
    Whoops!
    Starting Out Results for Challenge #60 - Winter Designer Showdown

@Anadxer

The backpack was an intriguing object to use as your inspiration for Anadxer’s Potters Splay. What a great idea to use the colors in the backpack! You have decorated the house beautifully for the holidays, and your window and door replacements give the exterior of the house a grand feeling, which you continue inside with great choices of traditional furniture and clutter items. Particularly successful, I think, are the kitchen and the teenager’s dream room. The layout of the house is unusual but works really well. Overall, you did a wonderful job! :smiley:

Suggestions: The porches and balconies seem a little bare. Some benches, potted plants or other clutter items might have been nice. Also, a little more landscaping would have made the yard more inviting. If you use the MOO cheat (moveobjects on), you can rotate plants when you use them in grouping to make them look more natural.

@kilra0

potpourri is strikingly modern! The door and window replacements fit the style perfectly. The colorful fountain is a lovely focal point for the front of the house. The pool and glass-covered patio in the back are also a wonderful feature. Throughout the house, you’ve paid a lot of attention to details, making each room seem lived-in with your choices of furniture and clutter items. The kitchen, living room and children’s bedroom are particularly fine examples of this. Overall the color schemes harmonize from room to room with pops of red being the thread the ties them together. Great job! :smiley:

Suggestions: You did not indicate what your choice of inspiration object was. I saw the galleon on the shelf in the living room. If that was your object, I would have liked to know how that affected your design.

@Rangerlucy

The idea of designing the inside of Out to Sea to look like a ship’s interior is fascinating! The wood wall textures throughout certainly give it that feel! Overall, the layout of the house works really well. I especially like your use of colorful rugs to soften the hard wood floors. Outside, the house is nicely landscaped. Great use of terrain paint and fountains! The window replacements are particularly nice and well in keeping with your interior design choices.

Suggestions: A few more clutter items here and there would have been nice to make the house seem more lived in. Also, remember to furnish the balconies and porches; even a few potted plants would make them seem less bare. And it’s best to take your pictures during the day. It’s difficult to see well all of the hard work you put it your build with night shots only.

@kilra0
    GArBA5W.jpg
    Established Results for Challenge #60 - Winter Designer Showdown

@popettypop2012

The exterior of Seasidebreeze Residence has undergone a lovely remodel! The blue and white wall textures are perfect for the nautical theme suggested by your inspiration object. You’ve also chosen window and door replacements that add to the charm of the house.By rotating the house, you’ve created interesting front and back yard areas which are both well landscaped. The freeform pool is especially nice, and the pirate ship jungle gym is perfect for a family with children! Inside, the open plan ground floor works really well. You’ve continued the blue and white theme, and it seems open, spacious and inviting. The upstairs bedrooms are all nicely appointed. I especially like how you’ve arranged the furniture in the children’s bedroom! :smiley:

Suggestions: Realistically, the fireplace could not be located against the stairs since there would be no place for the chimney to go. Also, you seem to have left all the balconies and porches bare. You could have added chairs and clutter objects to make those spaces come alive.

@popettypop2012

GArBA5W.jpg
  • kilra0kilra0 Posts: 644 Member
    wow... thank you so much @BuildnShare ! I saw all those amazing entries and thought I never could win :smiley:
    well the inspiration object... I thought I have to built in all those objects. Shame on me, but my english isn't very good anymore, if had to choose I would have taken the galleon because I can't live without water. I love the sea. Even in the dark and reddish storms.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top