Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

not sure how i feel about both a vampire game pack and bowling stuff pack.

2...Next

Comments

• blueturtleotterblueturtleotter Posts: 867 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    I just hope one thing: That the developers don't work more on the bowling than on vampires. Vampires REALLY are better than bowling, seriously, at least when done right, and it needs more time doing vampires right than to do bowling right.

Different teams. Different budgets. Either way EP are as they are. Dunno, but I have some hope, from what I've seen from the teaser, the vampire turning into a bat, I'd say they are on top of what we want. :)

Yes, I think they at the very least certainly know what we want for vampires. There are, like, twenty-one trillion threads about what people want in a vampire pack after all :D
    They'll do it epicly, I'm pretty confident about that. And you're right about the teams, I totally forgot about that thing xD

They didn't even animate the elevator in City Living ...

But that was the EP team, right? This one is going to be a GP instead (as far as I know), so let's hope they've had some time to work on it already so that such little things could be in there as well.

I hope it is a great GP but if I were you, I'd set your expectations low so you're not disappointed.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I just hope one thing: That the developers don't work more on the bowling than on vampires. Vampires REALLY are better than bowling, seriously, at least when done right, and it needs more time doing vampires right than to do bowling right.

Different teams. Different budgets. Either way EP are as they are. Dunno, but I have some hope, from what I've seen from the teaser, the vampire turning into a bat, I'd say they are on top of what we want. :)

Yes, I think they at the very least certainly know what we want for vampires. There are, like, twenty-one trillion threads about what people want in a vampire pack after all :D
    They'll do it epicly, I'm pretty confident about that. And you're right about the teams, I totally forgot about that thing xD

But that was the EP team, right? This one is going to be a GP instead (as far as I know), so let's hope they've had some time to work on it already so that such little things could be in there as well.

I hope it is a great GP but if I were you, I'd set your expectations low so you're not disappointed.

Who wants to live their life with low expectations. I'd rather have high expectations with some disappointments along the way, than never be excited for anything. How boring would that be?
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    edited January 2017
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

Who wants to live their life with low expectations. I'd rather have high expectations with some disappointments along the way, than never be excited for anything. How boring would that be?

I disagree but everyone is different. I rather have low expectations so when something good happens it will be very unexpected and I like surprises rather than disappointment! :sunglasses:
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    DeKay wrote: »

I disagree but everyone is different. I rather have low expectations so when something good happens it will be very unexpected and I like surprises rather than disappointment! :sunglasses:

I'm sorry you feel that way. I'd rather go through life expecting everything to be good. It's called hope. But, to each his own. As long as you're happy and I'm happy, the rest will take care of itself.
  • alexandreaalexandrea Posts: 2,432 Member
    brendhan21 wrote: »
    Why would you combine Vampires and Bowling in a pack? This way the supernatural fans get relevant-to-supernaturals content, and people who hate vampires can still get bowling. Plus the EP team can focus on other broader themes that need an EP-scale budget to implement them - things that need whole new meshes, like pets (or cows for farms), or whole new systems like weather. Putting stuff that doesn't need that in an EP when we have smaller pack sizes run by different teams would strike me as less efficient not more.

i would agree if i got the feeling there was effort being put into eps. but based on city living it seems like they barely have learned from any of the critizasim that the sims 4 had when it was just the base game.

Ea just doesn't care guys. I've gotten used to it. We will never get the things we actually want.... They're just trying to make quick bucks before the game is done with.
    p6tqefj
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member

I feel this way too.

When you hope for too much, you're more likely to be disappointed. But when your expectations are lower, you're pleasantly surprised more often.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • brendhan21brendhan21 Posts: 3,427 Member

lol you would think they would do more for an actual ep though.

I'm sorry you feel that way. I'd rather go through life expecting everything to be good. It's called hope. But, to each his own. As long as you're happy and I'm happy, the rest will take care of itself.

true but what happens when you get disapointed.
  • PancakesandwichPancakesandwich Posts: 2,038 Member

Then it might be sad, but you will most likely having something else to look forward to already, even if it's not at all related to what disappointed you.
    But if you have no expectations and even those non-existent expectations aren't met, then you have nothing to actually hope for, because you simply have no expectations for anything (else).

Then it might be sad, but you will most likely having something else to look forward to already, even if it's not at all related to what disappointed you.
    But if you have no expectations and even those non-existent expectations aren't met, then you have nothing to actually hope for, because you simply have no expectations for anything (else).

so your soultion is look forward to more then one thing at the time in order to avoid being really dissapointed and sad.

so your soultion is look forward to more then one thing at the time in order to avoid being really dissapointed and sad.

Yes, and if you just look around enough and are used to hope for things, then it should be easy to find several upcoming things you are interested in.

For example, I was looking forward to No Man's Sky and Stellaris, but because of my hype for the latter I had actually forgotten NMS by the time it released. And as you may have heard, NMS was the biggest disappointment ever while Stellaris had an amazing start on Steam with a huge ton of immediate customers and a lot of pre-orders before the release as well.
    I wasn't sad at all that NMS was so bad in the end (mostly because I didn't buy it ^^), and have since invested 531 hours into Stellaris without regretting a single one of them.
  • TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    Not to rain on your complaining parade, but you really can't judge the packs based on the teaser.
    Take a look at the last one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Vi6HefEfks
    Do you see festivals? Talking toilets? Apartments? Spicy food? Makeup tables?
    No, you don't, and do you know why? Because it's a Teaser.
    They're just going to show you a little bit, to, you know, tease you.
    7mQr8Yt.jpg

Yes, and if you just look around enough and are used to hope for things, then it should be easy to find several upcoming things you are interested in.

For example, I was looking forward to No Man's Sky and Stellaris, but because of my hype for the latter I had actually forgotten NMS by the time it released. And as you may have heard, NMS was the biggest disappointment ever while Stellaris had an amazing start on Steam with a huge ton of immediate customers and a lot of pre-orders before the release as well.
    I wasn't sad at all that NMS was so bad in the end (mostly because I didn't buy it ^^), and have since invested 531 hours into Stellaris without regretting a single one of them.

well i was going to say sometimes you cant find other things that you can have hope for and it becomes the only thing you can think about. and yes i know the typical response is you can find something else and if you cant try harder and if you really really really cant then you porbably feel bad for me and maybe think i have a personal issue and am too obseassed with things and need to figure out how to stop and if i really really cant figure it out on my own seek porfressional help. see i have heard this story so many times.
  • IfreshyehIfreshyeh Posts: 1,403 Member

I'd give you the benefit of the doubt, but the GP also gave us a "bear suit" in outdoor retreat so I dunno.
  • Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    edited January 2017
    Why would you combine Vampires and Bowling in a pack? This way the supernatural fans get relevant-to-supernaturals content, and people who hate vampires can still get bowling. Plus the EP team can focus on other broader themes that need an EP-scale budget to implement them - things that need whole new meshes, like pets (or cows for farms), or whole new systems like weather. Putting stuff that doesn't need that in an EP when we have smaller pack sizes run by different teams would strike me as less efficient not more.

How did they ever manage to put a supernatural, a world and one of those concepts per EP into just one 40 dollar pack in the past, though. Because they did.

well i was going to say sometimes you cant find other things that you can have hope for and it becomes the only thing you can think about. and yes i know the typical response is you can find something else and if you cant try harder and if you really really really cant then you porbably feel bad for me and maybe think i have a personal issue and am too obseassed with things and need to figure out how to stop and if i really really cant figure it out on my own seek porfressional help. see i have heard this story so many times.

Okaaay, you're kind of exaggerating A LOT right there :D

I'd rather have said that if you really can't find something else then you'd need to actually prepare to be disappointed (while still staying hopeful that you're not though), because you simply don't have anything else to look forward to and be distracted by.
    I don't go up to people and say "Hey, you have a different opinion than me, go look for some professional help, man!", although I've also seen people act like that already. And then I decided "Nope, that's not really a good way of trying to win an argument" ;)

This quote chain is getting huuuuge right now ^^

Okaaay, you're kind of exaggerating A LOT right there :D

I'd rather have said that if you really can't find something else then you'd need to actually prepare to be disappointed (while still staying hopeful that you're not though), because you simply don't have anything else to look forward to and be distracted by.
    I don't go up to people and say "Hey, you have a different opinion than me, go look for some professional help, man!", although I've also seen people act like that already. And then I decided "Nope, that's not really a good way of trying to win an argument" ;)

This quote chain is getting huuuuge right now ^^

all i can say is you are lucky you are someone who can be hopeful for many things at once.