Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Resource Points?

I'm confused about the concept of resource points. What exactly does it mean to trade points at hero buildings? What exactly do you gain for trading? It seems you lose RP after trading.
Thanks!

Comments

• SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Resource Points are primarily used for placing buildings in your Kingdom. Secondarily, they are used for allying with foreign territories, which are then available for annexation via Quest.

But there are only so many buildings and territories, and if you are completing quests at Platinum level, you'll have a surplus of RP. That's where spending them at your Hero buildings comes in.

You can spend your RP on Hero buildings in two ways - one is for Hero experience, one is buying Hero funds.

When I was doing the "Hard Workers" Ambition, for instance, I was concerned about my later Heroes levelling in a timely fashion but had plenty of RP banked, having already annexed the mission-critical territories of Ardvorton, Burdley and Aarbyville. I instead invested RP in purchasing Experience Points towards levelling Heroes that I'd not had as much opportunity to play, or which I don't enjoy particularly playing as much.

I imagine the exchange for RP for hero funds will come into play when I get to the wealth-oriented Ambitions, since Kaching and Motherlode seem especially cheat-y in that context (though, having built a Kingdom the hard way once, I don't generally feel constrained not to use theme where money is not the particular goal in play).

The exchange rate is not extravagant, and buying XP with RP, I never spent it all - only enough for a bit of a boost. I am actually still finishing Quests in that Ambition, and got an Achievement for RP saved up, in spite of having built everything and spent some extra on experience. Now I have my Platinum badge earned, and can play out the Ambition unlocking Achievements toward my Watcher level, which is what I am doing, rather than quitting early.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    When you are looking at quests mouse over the trophy in the book where the quest is located. You will see different quests increase the RP by substantial amounts depending on how you completed them. Platinum always gives you more RP. But not all quests give you 40 RP in platinum. Some (lower/easy quests) may only still give you 20 or 30 RP. These are spent on incorporating islands and other territories (look at map in Kingdom mode) if you want different quests and benefits added to your kingdom. Or for buying more hero buildings or the mill and kingball court etc. Pay attention to the Ambition requirements you are playing. One asked you save up RP and not spend them in order to win it. One asked you place all the buildings so you will need more. Etc. It's the Ambition rules you need to follow. Other things add to your Watcher achievements that unlock new building materials and clothes for your Sims. Happy Simming.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.