Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Thread for new members to post game issues

Comments

• SimsSimsSimsSimsSimsSims Posts: 29 New Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    [img]file:///C:/Users/Vanessa/OneDrive/Pictures/Screenshots/2017-01-07.png[/img]
    it looks like that then what do i look for

Hello
    You need to upload your screenshot to a photo sharing site such as imgur or tinypic,because we are unable to see photos that are on the computer of other simmers. Upload the picture to imgur, tiny pic or photo bucket, then right click the picture on the photo sharing site and copy/paste the image address link here, but break the image code link up, such as putting h.tt.p.
    We can then put the codes back together and post the picture for you.

i did actually install the game yesterday and played then. all the save files seem to be on made yesterday
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,585 Member
    i just saved and exited my game it hasnt come up on the saves folder. will it come up later or tomorrow?

The slot one files may have yesterday's date because that is when you copied/pasted the sims 4 folder there.

The save game should have appeared straight away. The game doesn't seem to be using that sims 4 folder .

Did you try searching for the " saves " folder using the search bar?
    [img]file:///C:/Users/Vanessa/OneDrive/Pictures/Screenshots/2017-01-07.png[/img]
    it looks like that then what do i look for

Hello
    You need to upload your screenshot to a photo sharing site such as imgur or tinypic,because we are unable to see photos that are on the computer of other simmers. Upload the picture to imgur, tiny pic or photo bucket, then right click the picture on the photo sharing site and copy/paste the image address link here, but break the image code link up, such as putting h.tt.p.
    We can then put the codes back together and post the picture for you.

i did actually install the game yesterday and played then. all the save files seem to be on made yesterday

The autosave file may be causing issues. Go to your save folder in Documents -Electronic Arts-Sims 4 folder and move the slot_00000001.save to your desktop. That is the autosave file. Then launch the game. Start another new save game.Play for a little while then save it. Come completely out of the game. Then go back in again.
    Go to the load button ( the one with the floppy disk image) in the main screen in the game, press the load button and see if the save game is there.
  • costa09costa09 Posts: 52 Member
    costa09 wrote: »
    Hello all,

i just discovered a new bug, at least for me. My ghost (dead in sauna) don't have the option to absorb the puddles of water from the floor anymore. No cc or mod installed.
    Anyone have the same problem?

Hello @costa09
    Try having your ghost sim travel to another lot and then back home again. Then test to see if that helps the issue.

Come completely out of the game. Then go back in again and see if the issue remains.

If the issue still remains, repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

If the issue continues, try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder

Hello @rosemow ,
    thanks for reply. I did all. Nothing solved my issue. I don't remember when i played with this family last time so i can't tell you when this problem started.
    edited January 2017
    Hello all,

i just discovered a new bug, at least for me. My ghost (dead in sauna) don't have the option to absorb the puddles of water from the floor anymore. No cc or mod installed.

Hello @costa09
    Try having your ghost sim travel to another lot and then back home again. Then test to see if that helps the issue.

Come completely out of the game. Then go back in again and see if the issue remains.

If the issue still remains, repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

If the issue continues, try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder

Hello @rosemow ,
    thanks for reply. I did all. Nothing solved my issue. I don't remember when i played with this family last time so i can't tell you when this problem started.

Try resetting the sim and see if that helps.
    Use the cheat:
    resetSim firstname secondname ( use your sims name )

Another thing to try is to type in the cheat
    testingcheats true
    Press enter
    Type in
    traits.remove _trait steam
    Press enter
    Type in
    traits.equip_trait steam
    Hello all,

Hello @costa09

Hello @rosemow ,

Use the cheat:

testingcheats true
    Press enter
    Type in
    Press enter
    Type in
    traits.equip_trait steam

Nothing worked :(
    Hello all,

Hello @costa09

Hello @rosemow ,

Use the cheat:

testingcheats true
    Press enter
    Type in
    Press enter
    Type in
    traits.equip_trait steam

I am sorry that you are having this issue :( Try saving the sim to your library. Then start a new save game. Bring your ghost sim into the world and test to see if the issue occurs in that new save game also
    Hello all,

Hello @costa09

Hello @rosemow ,

Use the cheat:

testingcheats true
    Press enter
    Type in
    Press enter
    Type in
    traits.equip_trait steam

I am sorry that you are having this issue :( Try saving the sim to your library. Then start a new save game. Bring your ghost sim into the world and test to see if the issue occurs in that new save game also

Thanks @rosemow for help but didn't solving the issue.
    Hello all,

Hello @costa09

Hello @rosemow ,

Use the cheat:

testingcheats true
    Press enter
    Type in
    Press enter
    Type in
    traits.equip_trait steam

Thanks @rosemow for help but didn't solving the issue.

I am sorry :(
  • MagicalPanda2003MagicalPanda2003 Posts: 79 Member
    I can get two of my sims engaged. They are both YA, BFF's and their romance and friendship bars are full (she is also pregnant with his child). I am really confused as I have been playing for a year or so and this has never happened before. Help, please...
    I can get two of my sims engaged. They are both YA, BFF's and their romance and friendship bars are full (she is also pregnant with his child). I am really confused as I have been playing for a year or so and this has never happened before. Help, please...

I meant to say can't.

I meant to say can't.

Hello @MagicalPanda2003
    Other simmers are also having this issue
    This is a link to a thread on the AHQ EA site that refers to the issue
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/OPEN-Sims-cannot-propose/m-p/5733980#M30911

Try having your sims use the " just be friends" interaction. Then build up their relationship again until they get the option to propose.

I meant to say can't.

Hello @MagicalPanda2003
    answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/OPEN-Sims-cannot-propose/m-p/5733980#M30911

Try having your sims use the " just be friends" interaction. Then build up their relationship again until they get the option to propose.

Thanks for the help, I probably won't try the "just be friends" option as it took forever to get them to have a romantic relationship so I will probably just keep them as gf and bf for the moment and wait until it is fixed :)

I meant to say can't.

Hello @MagicalPanda2003
    answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/OPEN-Sims-cannot-propose/m-p/5733980#M30911

Thanks for the help, I probably won't try the "just be friends" option as it took forever to get them to have a romantic relationship so I will probably just keep them as gf and bf for the moment and wait until it is fixed :)

The help is much appreciated however and I am glad its not just my game playing up!

I meant to say can't.

Hello @MagicalPanda2003

You're welcome :) Another thing that has helped other simmers is if they have any other boy friends or girl friends, break them up.
  • PharmaNickPharmaNick Posts: 6 New Member
    hey rose, I found that in city living you can't switch the color swatch from the new cabinets (the old weathered ones) also, when the game goes to ultra speed, for example when sleeping, the time starts to glitch around, it kind of annoys me, thanks for this thread
  • Linkster66Linkster66 Posts: 3 New Member
    New to the board and this is my first post! My single parent passed away from eating the pufferfish. The orphaned child was sent to social services. I am playing other households in the same game. Is there any way to get this child back from social services??
    edited January 2017
    PharmaNick wrote: »
    hey rose, I found that in city living you can't switch the color swatch from the new cabinets (the old weathered ones) also, when the game goes to ultra speed, for example when sleeping, the time starts to glitch around, it kind of annoys me, thanks for this thread

Hello @PharmaNick Welcome to the forums! :)
    There is an issue that ultra speed is not working when a festival is taking place. You may like to post feedback on the AHQ EA site thread that refers to issues with ultra speed
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/OPEN-CL-No-ultra-speed-while-living-in-Apartments/m-p/5686728#M29867
    With the cabinets , I am unable to test now but later on will check on the cabinets in-game.
    Linkster66 wrote: »
    New to the board and this is my first post! My single parent passed away from eating the pufferfish. The orphaned child was sent to social services. I am playing other households in the same game. Is there any way to get this child back from social services??

Hello @Linkster66 Welcome to the forums! :)
    You are unable to get the child back from Social Securities, but you could come out of the game without saving, and then the death won't have taken place when you reload the game. Or if you have saved the game since the death took place, you could try rolling back your save game file to an earlier version, before the death took place . These links explain how to do that.
    https://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-restore-a-previous-saved-game-in-the-sims-4/
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/783120/how-to-roll-back-your-save/p1
    PharmaNick wrote: »

Hello @PharmaNick
    I have checked in-game, and I can use all the colour swatches of the new cabinets. I can also use the design tool to change swatches.
    If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there.

If the issues still remain, repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

If you still have issues, try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder

• RAE_1084RAE_1084 Posts: 2 New Member
    I've been having trouble with the grafting option in gardening; I am working on expanding my garden, so I am going to lots in Oasis Springs (My Sim's lot is in Willow Creek) and taking cuttings. They are labeled generically instead of with the name. I can choose the option to graft one of these generic cuttings to a plant and she will go through the action, but the cutting stays in her inventory and does nothing. I even deleted all of the cuttings in her inventory, went to Oasis springs, took one cutting from a Cherry Tree, and went back to my lot, to have the same issue. I have the Get To Work expansion, no CC.
    RAE_1084 wrote: »
    I've been having trouble with the grafting option in gardening; I am working on expanding my garden, so I am going to lots in Oasis Springs (My Sim's lot is in Willow Creek) and taking cuttings. They are labeled generically instead of with the name. I can choose the option to graft one of these generic cuttings to a plant and she will go through the action, but the cutting stays in her inventory and does nothing. I even deleted all of the cuttings in her inventory, went to Oasis springs, took one cutting from a Cherry Tree, and went back to my lot, to have the same issue. I have the Get To Work expansion, no CC.

Hello @RAE_1084 Welcome to the forums! :)
    Other simmers are also having this issue. It occurs when taking cuttings from the wild /a lot that isn't your home lot.
    You may like to post feedback or press " me too " on this thread on the AHQ EA site that refers to the issue
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/RE-OPEN-Spliced-Garden-Shoot-inventory-glitch/m-p/3450703#M108
  • purplerain730purplerain730 Posts: 4 New Member
    Hi @rosemow ! I tried doing that a while ago. I moved all my Mods onto the desktop and put them back in batches. Every batch still crashed after about 10 minutes. I even tried with just one CC item in the folder and still crashed. I also tried getting all new CC from TSR (I assume the newest creations on there would be working with the latest patches), but again, the game would still crash. I know my PC is fine running the game, I've been playing TS4 on it for at least a year now without any issues until City Living. I just can't seem to figure it out!
  • RAE_1084RAE_1084 Posts: 2 New Member
    RAE_1084 wrote: »

Hello @RAE_1084 Welcome to the forums! :)
    Other simmers are also having this issue. It occurs when taking cuttings from the wild /a lot that isn't your home lot.
    You may like to post feedback or press " me too " on this thread on the AHQ EA site that refers to the issue

Thanks so much! I'll do that!
    Hi @rosemow ! I tried doing that a while ago. I moved all my Mods onto the desktop and put them back in batches. Every batch still crashed after about 10 minutes. I even tried with just one CC item in the folder and still crashed. I also tried getting all new CC from TSR (I assume the newest creations on there would be working with the latest patches), but again, the game would still crash. I know my PC is fine running the game, I've been playing TS4 on it for at least a year now without any issues until City Living. I just can't seem to figure it out!

Hello @purplerain730
    I am sorry that you are having this issue :(
    Try doing this and see if it helps.
    Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then add back the "options.ini" or "options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music "folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders that have the same name.

Don't put back the old mods folder. Instead, put your cc/mods into the newly generated mods folder in the Sims 4 folder.. Put them in just one at a time, testing after each one.
    Check also that your cc is for sims 4, and not for sims 2 or 3