Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Don_Oello's showcase Update: Calmness Bath & Wash - Industrial Studio

Comments

• Don_OelloDon_Oello Posts: 269 Member
    Art of Brix
    Download Link
    Slideshow Link

My art room for #QCRooms41
    EurFOvs.png
    LrD6tFG.png
    7Ezes31.png
    NNFPSi0.png
    5Fxk2Bl.png
    fb7fnar.png
    mh0CjH8.png
    Check out my showcase
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,521 Member
    Art of Brix is a very nice art room! @ :) Very nice design and furnishing of the room! It looks very nice the way the beams are used to border the wall decor and artwork! The way the paintings, photos , pictures and tapestries are placed on the feature wall looks very nice! Paula will enjoy sittting on the sofa, having a cup of coffee and resting whilst looking at the feature wall. The types of ceiling lights used looks very nice and suits well the art theme. Very nice windows art nook! Paula will enjoy painting on the easel there, and at the same time enjoy looking out through the windows at the outsoors views. The greenery there looks very nice! The plates wall decor are nice touches on the wall areas either sides of the nook. It is nice that easels have been placed both on the left and right hand sides in the windows nook. The voudcriiter print on the end wall looks great! The art decor items are nice touches in the room. The wall area with the cabinets looks very nice! It looks great how the cabinets frame the honeycomb shelf. The plants, Easter eggs and mysim are nice touches on the table. The patterned floor rug is a nice touch in the room
    The furnishing of the room is very nice! :)
    Judge feedback for Art of Brix

this is what the judges of QCRooms had to say about my room:
    Art of Brix - Paula loved walking into this room with the great industrial, light and airy feeling it gave. She thought the color scheme and style flowed really nicely and she loved how you broke up the room with the half wall. She loved the inspirational wall, especially that you included photos and made a rough industrial styled wall so beautiful. As Paula looked around the room she loved the splashes of color in the decoration and furniture, also to see other types of art in the room such as the decorative eggs and wood sculptures. She was so happy you included storage racks for her paintings and loved having two easels so she could work on two different paintings at the same time. She thought the sink and bin was a great idea to add in the room because she can be quite messy while painting. Overall Paula loved this room, well done.
    Critique:
    High Hedge sticking through the windows and a bit unrealistic placed on stone flooring
    Expresso Grind O Matic needs the Expresso Engine to be able to make coffee
    Painting and Pick a peck of pennies placed over window is bit strange and would of been better just to leave a wall section there.
    Storage rack for paintings slightly sticking into half wall trim
    mh0CjH8.png
    Check out my showcase
    Prefab Cottage
    Download Link
    Slideshow Link

this is a little cozy starter home based on a floorplan for #startershowoff07

SQsY8Nj.pngHpJyH4b.pngcIGycSa.png3Sa7sbR.png4d29JyK.pngvRPhtew.pngvySMvZj.pnggeuXDad.pngBfJfprh.png5OYwUFP.pngrQXbAsX.pngHyPDGeG.pnglJjbOVM.png
    mh0CjH8.png
    Check out my showcase
    Prefab Cottage is a very nice starter! :) It reflects well the floor plan. Very nice exterior design of the home.The roofing is very nice! Very nice roof covered front porch, and the flowers look very pretty in the nook area at the front of the home with the tree in the midst of it. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! The brown colour scheme of the living, kitchen and dining area looks very nice. The yellow flowers picture on the wall is sunny for sims to see when dining at the table. Nice sofa seats corner sitting nook for sims to rest on the sofa. The lamp is a nice touch placed in the corner between the sofas. The blue colour scheme of the bedrooms looks very nice. The shoes racks and clothes shelves in the master bedroom look homely. The dinosaur in the kids room looks cute! The school bag is a great home touch on the dresser. Sims will enjoy waking up to sunshine coming into the room through the bedroom windows.
    The cottage home is very nice! :)
    Overwatch

Overwatch is a modern starter for the latest BnS challenge

Download link: Overwatch
    Slideshow link: http://imgur.com/a/G7VK4

rxsLXqh.png?1
    wFIthTd.png
    Yj05ERT.png
    n2cZZ2f.png
    W1KmJxf.png
    nSPW5M3.png
    mb9oxzK.png

check all my creations at my gallery:Don_Oello

mh0CjH8.png
    Check out my showcase
    Overwatch is a very nice starter home! :) The exterior design of the home looks great ! Very nice car port. The slanted roofing is very nice.
    Very nice furnishing and layout of the interior of the home! The wall patterning gives a nice look to the home. The brown colour scheme of the home looks nice. The patterned curtains are nice touches in the home.
    The home is a great starter for sims to begin their sims lives in :)
    Family Feast

Download: Family Feast
    Showcase: http://imgur.com/a/O0rxd

this is a room i decorated for qcrooms45 thanksgiving challenge. in the Netherlands we don't celebrate thanksgiving so it was a bit hard for me to come up with a great style. the end result is a beautiful family dining/lounge room. please leave comment to help me improve my style.

aiKFCIu.png
    wfixWLY.png
    ZOXKKGT.png
    sG4q3Vc.png
    GoCIZ5M.png
    S5tT9sX.png
    NmEU6mp.png
    Js53W3d.png
    mh0CjH8.png
    Check out my showcase
    Family Feast is a very nice room for Thanksgiving! :) Very nice furnishing and layout of the room! The different areas of the room look very nice!
    The wall paneling gives a nice look to the room. Very nice sofa seats sitting area, for sims to rest there and have a chat after their meals or enjoy reading a book. The pattrned floor rug is a nice touch there. The patterned stools are nice for sims to sit on also.
    Very nice dining area. The type of dining seats used looks nice, and their colour complements well with the walls and colour scheme of the room.
    The design of the kitchen cooking area looks great! The wall cabinets look nice how they are placed on the wall. The hanging pots, olive oil bottles wall shelf, wall knives, fruit bowl and teabags are great kitchen touches there.
    The cherry blossom picture on the bar counter wall is pretty for sims to see when sitting on the stools having a drink from the bar.
    Very nice chess nook area for sims to have fun playing chess at the chess table.
    Sims will enjoy celebrating Thanksgiving there :)
    thank you @rosemow keep this layout for your future comments. it's a lot easier to read now B)
    mh0CjH8.png
    Check out my showcase
    Pepper Industries

Pepper Industries was once a warehouse in the spices district of San Myshuno, now it's converted to a 2 bed/1 bath apartment with a boho vibe. some bits needs tlc though like some bits of wall and the balcony. Entry for BnS57, uploaded as a room for placement on 19 Culpepper in San Myshuno.

Download: Pepper Industries
    Showcase: http://imgur.com/a/kUnqG

kRdinxq.png
    cxYmfNK.png
    PcTGmDP.png
    bfsjHsU.png
    TOmzoNr.png
    cWFXRrn.png
    7r7rqTQ.png
    36VUgxK.png
    pjpPmMo.png
    VHQGbpy.png

Constructive critics please, it will help me keep building
    mh0CjH8.png
    Check out my showcase
    Pepper Industries is a great refurnishing of the apartment! :) The touches of bohemian style though the bulld looks nice. The patterned curtains add a very nice look to the home.
    Very nice dining area! The plant is a nice touch of green on the table top, and the wall tapestry complements well with the dining table and chairs.
    The steel wiired wall to separate off the kitchen looks great!
    Very nice bedrooms. The combination of the brown brick texture and the other wall pattern /panelling gives a great look to the rooms.
    The curtains and birds pictures on the master bedroom bedhead wall creates a great feature wall area in the room!
    Very nice living room and study area. Sims will enjoy resting on the sofa watching tv, or enjoy sitting at the desk table using the computer. The patterned floor rug there looks great! Very nice voidcritter themed feature wall! The voidcritter wall print and the voidcritters on the shelves look great!
    Very nice balcony area for sims to enjoy painting on the easel whilst looking out at the city views.
    The apartment is very nice! :)
    QCRooms45 judge feedback on Family Feast

when the results and feedback in QC or BnS are in, i will post the part about my entries here in my showcase thread

Maryanne loved the open concept you created in the room. It gave her and her family a chance to mix and mingle no matter what part of the room they were in! Maryanne and her family particularly liked the bar area as it looked very pretty! The overall neutral theme to the room was nicely broken up with pops of color. Maryanne loved the openness of the kitchen with the bar stools on the other side so her family could chat with her while she prepared the feast. We had a little giggle at the Christmas wreath above the fire pace as many American’s can’t help but, decorating for Christmas even just a little before Thanksgiving is even over! *hehe* the addition of the keyboard and fireplace added nice atmosphere to the room as well. The clutter used was nice. This is a lovely room!
    Critique:
    The “Bridges of misshapen paths” painting is sticking into side table. There was no grinder for the espresso machine. Maryanne would have liked to have seen perhaps some curtains to give the room a more cosy feeling. While Maryanne and her family loved the openness of the room she felt like it could have been broken up a bit more with wall coverings, flooring, or even columns. Also and this is just a small thing the placement of the keyboard seemed odd and not as well thought out as it could have been.
    mh0CjH8.png
    Check out my showcase
  • masajomasajo Posts: 5,993 Member
    Fantastic layout to your apartment, really love how you've divided the areas and the boho vibe is absolutely beautiful :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
    BnS57 judge feedback on Pepper Industries

@BuildnShare just posted the results of the established category in their winners thread, this is the judge feedback on my entry:

Pepper Industries is a fabulous renovation into a spacious and well laid out apartment. Lovely to see you have created a great balance with the industrial and boho vibes, which complement each other beautifully. Love the way you've divided the kitchen from the dining area, looks very modern and stylish and the wall hangings around the dining table add lots of interest. The art nook fits in perfectly here. The living room looks wonderfully vibrant and lively with your choice of colourful furnishings and decor, love the curtains around the sofa.

Suggestions: The master bedroom looks very beautiful, but I would have swapped the wardrobe and mirror around and perhaps angled the mirror in the corner. Also in this room, the wall texture with it's skirting board and coving looks a little odd next to the brickwork. I would have used a texture which covers floor to ceiling without the skirting and coving.
    mh0CjH8.png
    Check out my showcase
    Arts of Light

for QCRooms46 apartment challenge
    Arts of Light replaces 920 Medina Studios in the arts district. it has a classy light color palette and is great for your arts inspired sims
    Download: Arts of Light
    Showcase: http://imgur.com/a/KyhB5

nuqx3m2.png
    pHR5voq.png
    0aMgSiO.png
    BYUVQsx.png
    TGAURSa.png
    VlBvWLm.png
    buAP3ia.png
    ZO4mIJy.png
    nL6OiJP.png
    EyCQKgs.png
    mh0CjH8.png
    Check out my showcase
    Arts of Lights is a very nice refurnishing of the apartment! :) The colour scheme of the apartment looks nice. The wall paneling and colour gives a very nice look to the bulld.
    Very nice dining area! The alternating blue and yellow colour of the dining chairs, the patterned floor rug and the blue and yellow blinds look very great together! The weights are a nice touch on the table top.
    The design of the kitchen nook looks great! The cabinets look great how they are placed there to create the oven , fridge and sink nook! The island curved work bench is great for sims to prepare meals on. The fruit bowl, cookbooks and utensils are nice touches on the counter.
    Nice art area near the windows for sims to enjoy looking out at the views whilst painting. The pictures on the walls of the apartment add a nice touch to the apartment areas.
    Nice sofa seat sitting area for sims to relax and watch tv or read a book.
    The bedroom looks great! It is great that there is a side brick wall in the bedroom for sims to do street art on.
    It is a very nice apartment for living in the City :)
    QCRooms46 feedback on Arts of Lights

@Cbear13 posted the results of QCRooms46, this is the feedback on my room:

Frank loved how you made the apartment feel more classy and upscale in the main living areas. The bright white was a nice contrast to the pops of color added in the art work and soft furnishings. The apartment was nice and bright to show off the art work. The kitchen area is nicely done with the island. He really liked how colourful the dining area was. The DIY wall mural in the bedroom was a great addition of Sims to show off their artistic abilities on a larger scale. He also liked the activities you added for sims to use.
    Critique:
    Frank felt like part of the main living area felt really bare and thought the graffiti in the bedroom and bathroom didn’t flow well with the classy feeling the rest of the apartment had. He also found The "Puppeteer's wardrobe" is sticking into the counter and curtain in the bedroom. A few more activities could have been added to give sims a bit more to do. (Maybe even a small desk area? Would have been nice for sims who work from home.)
    mh0CjH8.png
    Check out my showcase
    Christmas in Blue

showcase: http://imgur.com/a/1hQgf
    Download: Christmas in Blue

Christmas in Blue is a family reading room/study where the family comes together to celebrate christmas
    IRhsIFw.png
    4saCOS6.png
    7IuoqFL.png
    3CAQUTP.png
    998M7qo.png
    5hJSbXr.png
    vvZSlBw.png
    cDbKFnZ.png
    7ECzx5l.png
    mh0CjH8.png
    Check out my showcase
    Christmas in Blue is a very elegant room for the sims family to enjoy celebrating Christmas! :smile: ) The blue and silver colour scheme of the room looks very nice! Very nice layout and furnishing of the room!
    The Christmas tree looks very pretty in the middle of the room! The sofa seats look nice how they are placed around the tree, and the presents are a nice touch in the corners between the sofas. Sims will enjoy sitting resting there having a read of a book. The smowman there looks cute!
    Very nice fireplace nook! The fireplace will keep them warm. The candles on the fireplace ledge, and the wreath and garland on the nook wall are nice festive touches there. The pictures look great placed diagonally there each side of the wreath. The nutcrackers look great placed each side of the fireplace nook.
    The kids nook is great! The teddy and unicorn look cute there! They will have fun playing with the toys from the toy box. The snowflakes look pretty on the wall.
    Nice Christmas present table. The crackers look great on the table. The koalas look cure sitting either sides of radio music player! Sims will enjoy listening to the radio music whilst in the room,
    It is a very nice Christmas themed family room! :)
    QCRooms47 feedback on Christmas in Blue
    download: Christmas in Blue
    i got 2nd place in my category for this room, thank you @Cbear13

Judge: What a charming room you’ve created. We loved the idea you had to put the train set around the tree. All the blue looks really lovely in the room. As does the Christmas decorations you’ve added around the room. The little play area you added was a great place for children to sit and play with their new toys. The table with gifts and Christmas crackers was a nice touch. We also thought it was great to see a radio in the room so sims can enjoy some holiday music. The fire place also looked very pretty with the grey brick behind it. We thought the window coverings you used worked well with the windows. Great job and Happy Holidays!
    Critique:
    While we adored the train set you created a few of the cars could have been placed slightly further away as some branches were sticking out of the tops of them. We would have liked to seen a bit more creativity used in breaking up the space. Such as with flooring walls and half walls.

mh0CjH8.png
    Check out my showcase
  • Cbear13Cbear13 Posts: 6,278 Member
    It is a gorgeous room @Don_Oello and the scores were super close, you did am amazing job.decorating it I loved the white christmas feel and all the touches of blue
    New%20siggie%2011th%20Nov%2015.jpg
    ✦✦ Origin ID: cbear1313 ✦✦ Gallery: cbear1313 Gallery ✦✦ Cbear's Creations ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Contest ✦✦ QC Monthly Contest ✦✦ QC Create A Room Competition ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Practice Challenges ✦✦
    Soul Chic

Download: Soul Chic
    Showcase: http://imgur.com/a/cJfkJ

Challenge: QCRooms48
    Soul Chic is a 1 bed/1 bath apartment for the music loving sims. this can be placed at 1312 21 Chic street in San Myshuno.
    p7JaZKZ.png
    7jjrBZF.png
    p5wrRgx.png
    T6inIXQ.png
    jvwVAmG.png
    aKXuW84.png
    HPUUnbt.png
    jyRcZ7v.png
    VuXg6vB.png
    mh0CjH8.png
    Check out my showcase
    QCRooms 48 feedback on Soul Chic

Harmony and Reed loved the layout you created in the apartment. It made it feel more spacious then it actually is. They loved the use of musical painting and décor around the apartment. The keyboard rug was a nice touch. Harmony was over joyed to see the karaoke machine. And, Reed was really excited about the huge TV! They thought the bathroom was bright and well designed and loved all the counter space (very important for a couple living together haha). They loved how big and the kitchen was and that it was open to the dining space for when they have guests over. Harmony and Reed thought the apartment you created for them was great!
    Critique:
    Harmony and Reed noticed that “the short of it” dresser is going into the curtains in the bedroom as is the “maumans ottoman” sticking into a curtain in the bedroom. They also noticed the self-storage unit with hangers” shelf is going into wall slightly. They would have liked to have seen the flooring in the kitchen broken up a bit (perhaps by using tiles in the kitchen or a rug to brighten things up a bit. While Harmony and Reed thinks the apartment you created is beautiful, it felt a bit to mature for this young and vibrant couple who likes to party hard. Perhaps some more vibrant wall covering would have better suited this couple.

Thank you @Cbear13 @lisa17ann and the rest of the team for judging.
    mh0CjH8.png
    Check out my showcase
  • Cbear13Cbear13 Posts: 6,278 Member
    Your very welcome we loved your apartment, the scores were so close because everyone did such an amazing job. Your apartment was gorgeous and you did such a great job with the muso theme.
    New%20siggie%2011th%20Nov%2015.jpg
    ✦✦ Origin ID: cbear1313 ✦✦ Gallery: cbear1313 Gallery ✦✦ Cbear's Creations ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Contest ✦✦ QC Monthly Contest ✦✦ QC Create A Room Competition ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Practice Challenges ✦✦