Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

☆☆ SIMS 4 QC MONTHLY ~ CHALLENGE 31 DUE (CDT) 1ST JULY ☆☆

Comments

• BreezyBlue022BreezyBlue022 Posts: 126 Member
    I was hoping we would have a challenge with the Myshuno Meadows lot. At first I wasn't sure if I was going to come up with an idea, but I started building something yesterday :)
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,585 Member
    I was hoping we would have a challenge with the Myshuno Meadows lot. At first I wasn't sure if I was going to come up with an idea, but I started building something yesterday :)

Hello
    I hope that your work on your WIP goes very well :) I will look forward to seeing the finished park!
  • MorriSanMorriSan Posts: 412 Member
    @Cbear13 I like to amuse people, your comment made me smile too, so that's that :) Taliesin is still alive but cursing me in Simlish.

Ok, how is everyone doing with their parks? Me, I'm a little bit overwhelmed and very happy that there is still so much time to work on the project. How do you tackle such a massive lot? *looks around a little helplessly*

I know that I should have more of a plan. I had a concept in mind, build the superstructure, selected the color scheme I wanted and now I'm jumping from corner to corner, depending on what strikes my interest. Not very professional^^.
    It's like: "Ohh...that might work-" (abandons the toilets mid-work and uses up hours to build a water outlet). Then I look at the bathrooms, look at all the to-be-filled areas and gulp heavily.

At the moment the delet function is my very best friend.

I hope the mayor really meant it when he said he wanted something ...different. I had some fairytale-jungle in orange/beige/green in mind. Well, it might look completely different on hand in day. Here's a WIP pic:

14t7i21.jpg

I got the impression that it is OK to vent about our projects in here to alleviate the feeling of being all alone against the vast so-much-to-be-done feeling? I don't want to annoy anyone with my ramblings.
    Hello @MorriSan :) Your WIP is looking so very great! Very nice layout of the build! The different levels of the bulld look very nice! Very nice upper patios! It is great that you have a large chess board nook in the bulld.
    It is enjoyable going from one part of a build to another part when building. We can get new ideas whilst working on another section, thrn come back to the other part.
    Your build is going so well! :)
  • lisa17annlisa17ann Posts: 2,749 Member
    Hahaha @MorriSan your not alone in your building style. 80% of the time I have a very little idea of what my builds will look like and just keep trying things until I like them :D then the other 20% of the time I have a RL house in mind or even a house plan. It doesn't always turn out like I think but sometimes a lot better which is always a shock lol I have started mine but no inspiration was striking me and compared to your mine looks very boring and uncreative lol your WIP looks great! I can't wait to see the finished project. And, your always free to vent your building frustrations with us! :)
    34921575804_8da1fd7db6_z.jpg

lisa17ann wrote: »
    .... mine looks very boring and uncreative ....
    THAT I can't believe, actually. I love your builds, they are always a joy to play, not just to look at and I really doubt that this time will be different. Not that I don't enjoy what I turn out, but I sometimes go totally overboard. Yours are always beautiful and functioning well ingame, especially the homes;

One reason why I decided to jump back into this sort of challenge was that I literally never saw a build on here that I didn't like/admire. Everyone has a different sort of vision of what is possible. I spent hours f.ex strolling through the different Old West lots.

I wish we had World Adventures 4, imagine the labyrinths we could build for each other! I guess that would be a big QC part all on its own.

Apropos: one thing I really look forward to, it currently makes my hair grey, is how other builders manage to make the ground look natural outside the actual ground level. I wish maxis would allow us to use brush on levels that are clearly 'outside', not just force us to plaster fake green gras tiles everywhere.

@rosemow: The levels might look impressive, but it will take some work to make them work well, thank you for your encouragement. Yep, it is good for inspiration but hell on the time management. I think I redid my flower beds 3 to 4 times because, even if I always thought that's it! - no, it wasn't :s
  • Cbear13Cbear13 Posts: 6,278 Member
    @MorriSan ooo im loving your creativity cant wait to see it finished. I always have some kind of vision or idea and my builds never end up looking like I imagined lol. Vent, chat and ramble away I prefer the threads being used to chat aswell it makes the comps more fun.
    Few more days and life will be back to normal around here and i will get some peace and quiet to sim. Simon goes back to work next week, he never gives me peace and time to sim when hes on holidays haha
    New%20siggie%2011th%20Nov%2015.jpg
    ✦✦ Origin ID: cbear1313 ✦✦ Gallery: cbear1313 Gallery ✦✦ Cbear's Creations ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Contest ✦✦ QC Monthly Contest ✦✦ QC Create A Room Competition ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Practice Challenges ✦✦
  • emereemere Posts: 1,755 Member

OMG @Cbear13 I want to do this challenge :s Those meadows are great but the original lot is really boring lol. I do not use 64x64 lots because they are huge for a normal PC. But if I build something simple and keep the landscaping simple I feel I can play a lot like this. Actually I already had an idea of what I want there! But I did not find free time at Xmas. The original is so playable because is empty :D (Maybe I will need to sacrifice one of the other challenges, my job is hard now, but I will need time to relax-simming eventually).

@MorriSan that looks great!!
    emere wrote: »
    OMG @Cbear13 I want to do this challenge :s Those meadows are great but the original lot is really boring lol. I do not use 64x64 lots because they are huge for a normal PC. But if I build something simple and keep the landscaping simple I feel I can play a lot like this. Actually I already had an idea of what I want there! But I did not find free time at Xmas. The original is so playable because is empty :D (Maybe I will need to sacrifice one of the other challenges, my job is hard now, but I will need time to relax-simming eventually).

Hello @emere.
    I hope that you will enjoy working on this park challenge build! :)
    I am sorry that your job is hard and tiring. I send a hug to you <3
  • chips46chips46 Posts: 3,666 Member
    edited January 2017
    Hi @MorriSan I like your park It looks very interesting and fun to explore cant wait to see it finished, and I'll give this one a miss as well not one for large lots.
    Post edited by chips46 on
    emere wrote: »

Thank you. I feel your pain about lot size-playability. My laptop isn't that bad but I have to work with some restrictions in mind. Originally I dreamed of a custom made rockwall, like @RivendellStar excells at but- nope, not gonna happen.

I cross my fingers that you'll fall more in love with this challenge and give it a twirl, the more the merrier. Clean and simple can be quite elegant. *cough* How do you English speaking people put it? It isn't the (download) size that matters?

@Cbear13 I'm a nervous rambler. And oh yes, I know how family can cut into simming time. Working on a complicated structure or deeply concentrated to solve some quirky little problem that needs full attention? Someone will call and demand my attention for sure. Around 31st I couldn't work on my last lot properly because a family invasion. One reason why I was near tears because of the lot-size snafu and the construction site got errected a little bit hasty. But we do love our family, don't we^^ Just not as much when they don't understand why we can'tget up the very minute they want us to.

@chips46 *sad eyes* That's a pity. I prefer smaller lots but this one is so tempting. San Myshuno is beautiful, but that meadow is kind of uninspired and a lot I only visited once in game with my sim and then forgot. Maybe you'll reconsider and whatever happens, I'm curious how you'll like the hopefully plentiful submissions.
  • BreezyBlue022BreezyBlue022 Posts: 126 Member
    @MorriSan your park is looking fantastic and looks like a very fun place for sims to spend time at.

Building on big lots usually overwhelms me but I tend to break the lot up into quadrants and having something in each section. This is how my park is currently looking. I'm mainly focusing on it being a wedding venue with lots of gardens. I have lots of landscaping yet to do :D
    t6s62fY.png
    Your WIP is looking very nice! @BreezyBlue022 :) Very nice design and layout of the build ! The exterior design of the building looks great! Very nice roofing! The trellis areas look great! Very nice shape of the pool/pond.The wedding arch area looks very pretty! I will look forward to seeing the finished bulld! :)
    @BreezyBlue022 Wow, that looks wonderful, the latticework is stunning and that roof....Ohhhh.... It looks so cheerful and like a very relaxing place to be and celebrate a wedding.
  • lisa17annlisa17ann Posts: 2,749 Member
    Beautiful WIP @BreezyBlue022 I love the building on an angle! I'm not good at it I need to try building on an angle more! I also like to break u my larger builds into sections. It makes it more manageable :)
    34921575804_8da1fd7db6_z.jpg

• kilra0kilra0 Posts: 644 Member
    @MorriSan wow looks great to explore :open_mouth:
    @BreezyBlue022 beautiful, can't wait to see it finished :blush:

Until now I've no idea... such a big lot :grimace:
  • Cbear13Cbear13 Posts: 6,278 Member
    @emere I find them overwhelming in size but parks should be a little easier for pc's to handle I am sure your park will be amazing

@BreezyBlue022 gorgeous, I love how you work in segments

Remember everyone it is a huge lot and a park so having some open space is ok as long as it doesnt look overly bare, you can always use terrain paint to fill in some spots.

@kilra0 as Breezy has done working in segments will be helpful, if you plan out what type of areas you want in your park for example the pond, a kids play area, a wedding area, bbq and whatever else you want to add then you could draw it out on a piece of paper roughly where you want them to go.
    Any areas left over you could fill with some pretty garden beds or fountains, dont forget some trees

What i tend to do is think up something eye catching and make it the centerpiece for my builds
    Another thing I like to do is think up something unique that sets my build apart whether, which could even be your custom made pond can be shaped uniquely and decorated with statues, fountains, rocks, flowers or anything really.

I hope that helps anyone attempting this challenge and having a bit of trouble with the size
    New%20siggie%2011th%20Nov%2015.jpg
    ✦✦ Origin ID: cbear1313 ✦✦ Gallery: cbear1313 Gallery ✦✦ Cbear's Creations ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Contest ✦✦ QC Monthly Contest ✦✦ QC Create A Room Competition ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Practice Challenges ✦✦
    If it helps, I love those blossom shaped lamps and that's what started my own idea, they were my inspiration and everything else grew around it. Our poor judges will be the ones to decide how well all that pretty works on the finished lot, eh?

It is great that we can take nearly any object and size them up, make them a theme. If someone wants to adopt an idea, I eyed the frogs before going for the blossoms; thought that resizing all the toy dinosaurs would work for a wonderful kid's park. Well, that wouldn't fit the wedding thing so much but you get the idea? I can't do it myself, it never turns out well for me, but some ultra sleek formal structure would be cool as well. Sometimes less is more. Ahem. I'm the wrong person to say that *eyes her flower beds*

I'm cheerleading here like crazy and waving my pompoms. Go Team Builder!
    @MorriSan haha you made my day :D

@Cbear13 thanks for help, it's just ... I have no clue in which direction it should go. This is not a good presuppose to built sth. Time will tell :)
  • Liziann1Liziann1 Posts: 1,461 Member
    *gulp* the only trouble with WIP photos is . . . I love everyones ideas then feel I cant use the same items or colours . . .
    or I dont want to enter because I am not that good! but I love looking at WIPs :#:D
    Ive not STARTED my park yet either due to family, work & Sleep taking over
    Check out My showcase thread
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/853211/dizzisquirrels-showcase#latest]
    or look for me in the Gallery
    aka DizziSquirrel

@Liziann1 Oh -.- If it is more deterent than help I wont post WIP pics anymore *hugs* I can't speak for anyone else and it isn't necessarily my lot-item-idea-thingie, but I personally wouldn't mind if someone used the same key items than me as long as it isn't a full idea copy.

I send some creative waves your way, yes? *more hugs*
    Hello @Liziann1 :)
    Everyone has the base game items and then other items depending on the packs that you own. Everyone uses the same items in their own creative way, so please don't be concerned about using items or colours that other simmers are using. It is very enjoyable looking at builds where the same items are used because it shows the versatility of items and the creativity of simmers.
    You are a very great builder! :) I am looking forward to seeing your build. I hope that you will soon have time to work on it.
  • Liziann1Liziann1 Posts: 1,461 Member
    edited January 2017
    MorriSan wrote: »
    @Liziann1 Oh -.- If it is more deterent than help I wont post WIP pics anymore *hugs* I can't speak for anyone else and it isn't necessarily my lot-item-idea-thingie, but I personally wouldn't mind if someone used the same key items than me as long as it isn't a full idea copy.

I send some creative waves your way, yes? *more hugs*

thank you your very Kind :* x x but please keep posting the WIPS as I do try not to peek in here when actually building ;)
    just when Ive no time to build so I can get my "fix" lol or when Im stuck and need the ideas lol

just got home now so going to make a start on one of the QC projects :)

@rosemow Thank you for your lovely words x x
    Check out My showcase thread
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/853211/dizzisquirrels-showcase#latest]
    or look for me in the Gallery
    aka DizziSquirrel

The beauty of having a few free days! I’ve finished my park and spent the last day testdriving the merchandise, so to speak. Since my computer whimpers softly whenever I add something I decided to clean it up and post it before it drives me gaga.

QC Monthly challenge no: 17
    Origin ID: MorrighanSan
    Are you a novice: No
    Intermediate, Experienced or Advanced Level: Experienced
    Name of Lot used: Myshuno Meadows
    Build gallery name: Lily Blossom Park
    Gallery Link: Here

A long time before everything was finished, the Mayor stood hyperventilating at the edge of the lot. “You….you dug a plum big hole?!?” Talisien smiled brightly: “Why, yes, isn’t it wonderful? We found a thermal spring! It will be a huge attraction and might power all the electrical things on the lot.”

Notes: 1)The platform of the star-observatory is deliberately not fully equipped with lights so the shine doesn’t reflect in the lens of the observatory.
    2)Some of the wallcrawlers aren’t ‘cleanly’ placed, they stick into the foundation due to me wanting them to appear half height or they stick into solid rock, not into rooms or sim occupied space.

Images (3-5 max): (please post 1 street view photo)
    Street view:
    2n6ycls.jpg
    Layout:
    Sublevel 2: Family Area with bbq, games, fireplace and things for the kids to do
    Sublevel 1: 'natural thermal' swimming pool (no stones on the floor, jump in!), changing cabins, wishing well, café, free library (take a book, leave a book, don't damage books), memorial wall, restrooms;
    Ground floor: Dancing and live music, basketball court, chess, fishing, snuggling spot;
    1st floor: Wedding arch, observatory, restrooms;
    2nd floor: bar (for celebrating weddings and other festive occations), bubblemaker
    3rd floor: yoga and meditation

15dnntz.jpg

Additional pics:
    537fyo.jpg
    2uiejyv.jpg

My favorite pic:
    dnyo2u.jpg

I hope you will like exploring my lot. There are some little nooks that will hopefully make you smile.
    And now I’m a full time cheerleader for my colleagues!
    WOW just ... wow!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top