Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Asylum Challenge

Comments

• elmo_gurl112elmo_gurl112 Posts: 783 Member

@EuphorialQueen Yep that is my videos for the Asylum challenge, feel free to check them out
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCghVARnlfACumLbxqGUYBpg
    74380e5da1dd5187bb2bc2f69eff1060.jpg
    MY ORIGIN ID: Midnight292
    @EuphorialQueen Im not sure if i should keep recording or just continue playing for fun, Im not like all them amazing youtubers and honestly Im too shy to talk in my videos and I cant afford a great editing program I wanted to record using OBS but sadly Windows movie maker on my computer wont read OBS file >.<

What do u think of my asylum videos should I keep going?
  • EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    @elmo_gurl112
    Might I suggest adding a bit of explanation for each episode. That could serve to keep viewers interested to know what is happening.
    I have been typing info about each video in the discription, but hav just recently started recording with voice over
    @EuphorialQueen check out the asylum video called first voice over or something along those lines and see if that is better then the non voiced videos, if u want too lol
  • RockshelleRockshelle Posts: 3 New Member
    Just finished my first Asylum Challenge on medium difficulty. I'm honestly surprised more didn't go awry during the challenge.
    Not sure why the rest of my post was cut off previously. Oh well. :smile:

Finished the Asylum Challenge on Medium difficulty, with 422 points. Zero sim deaths :smiley: -20 points for 1 kitchen fire and -20 points for 1 24hr period in which the Asylum's power was shut off. 150 points for 3 aspirations complete. I started with the Painting Aspiration, which definitely helped to fund the Asylum's abysmal high bills. Next I opted for Nerd Brain Aspiration then finished with Renaissance Sim Aspiration. The last one was great as my main sim, Clare, had already built up quite a few skills. 296 points for skill points accumulated between all 8 residents of the Asylum. And lastly, 16 points for Satisfaction points obtained between all 8 sims.

All in all, quite the fun challenge. If I ever attempt this challenge again I would definitely opt for the Hard difficulty and see what more trouble the asylum would cook up.

It's great reading posts on everyone's ongoing challenges!
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    This sounds like fun! I've heard of the Asylum challenge, but never read the rules until now. Thinking about giving it a try after I complete my ISBI challenge. Love all the stories from y'all that have been/are playing it now.

I do have one question before I begin though. Am I allowed to 'claim' one of the beds for my caretaker? Or is he/she at the mercy of the residents? Probably be more fun/challenging to not claim one eh? lol

Just thought of one more question, if my caretaker completes the Best Selling Author aspiration which rewards The Book of Life, can he/she bind copies to residents and possibly save their lives if needed?
  • TheSimmulatorrTheSimmulatorr Posts: 8 New Member
    I have started an LP for this, come watch :)
    https: // youtu.be/j_LX1qmTxas
    edited December 2016
    nooooo! my sim just totally got electrocuted when fixing the oven. I am sorry but I totally broke the rules because i couldnt let my sim die and i used one of her best friend to pleed for her. Im sorry but I didnt want the challenge to end already =( I am the worst simmer ever but I just couldnt let Maddi die... Im sorry everyone. If she dies again I promise i will let her stay dead and then challenge failed for me *tears*

ok so guilt kinda just set in and im not going to play Maddi anymore, I FAILED. My first challenge and I failed This is sooo sad =(

If anyone wants to watch this Lets Play of this challenge here is a link, The first 15 videos are NOT voiced because i was too scared but the last 5 videos are. Any tips and advice would be appreciated, Thankyou everyone

Thank you for writing this challenge I really loved it. <3
    Post edited by elmo_gurl112 on
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    I do have one question before I begin though. Am I allowed to 'claim' one of the beds for my caretaker? Or is he/she at the mercy of the residents? Probably be more fun/challenging to not claim one eh? lol

Just thought of one more question, if my caretaker completes the Best Selling Author aspiration which rewards The Book of Life, can he/she bind copies to residents and possibly save their lives if needed?

@Karababy52 From what I remember from the rules, no claiming of beds or other objects for your caretaker. For example, no storing books or a violin in your personal inventory to hold for your own use. As for the Book of Life, I'm pretty sure that is not allowed. Same goes for any reward that permanently alters your caretakers needs or prolongs/saves their lives. It's okay to use the one-time only rewards like "fun potion" but are not allowed to use the "never-weary" reward with your satisfaction points.

Hope this helped.

@elmo_gurl112
    There is no fail only try and try again. :D

That is truu but what if i listen to Yodas famous line DO or DO NOT there is NO try hahaha.
    But I will probably try this challenge again later on and mayb on a different difficulty
  • GhostyGirl1031GhostyGirl1031 Posts: 3 New Member
    I don't understand where to get the mod... I saw a youtuber doing this challenge and a notification on the game was talking about the asylum challenge. WHERE DO I DOWNLOAD THIS??????
  • Kiki_the_Simmer_2Kiki_the_Simmer_2 Posts: 2 New Member
    Can you sell stuff from other sims inventories? They keep crafting knife blocks!!! XD lol
  • swedesimmerswedesimmer Posts: 1 New Member
    Does the chess chairs count as a seat or as skill building?
  • pandaslayer08pandaslayer08 Posts: 23 Member
    This looks amazingly fun :) i think i will give it a try.
  • EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    edited January 2017
    I don't understand where to get the mod... I saw a youtuber doing this challenge and a notification on the game was talking about the asylum challenge. WHERE DO I DOWNLOAD THIS??????
    Under gameplay
    Cheats/mods/hacks which boost sim’s needs or skills are not allowed.
    Not sure what Mod you are asking about.
    For this challenge there will be an easy mode, medium mode and hard mode, just to spice things up a bit.
    Mode meaning different versions of the rules. Perhaps you misread?

Under gameplay
    Cheats/mods/hacks which boost sim’s needs or skills are not allowed.
    Not sure what Mod you are asking about.
    For this challenge there will be an easy mode, medium mode and hard mode, just to spice things up a bit.
    Mode meaning different versions of the rules. Perhaps you misread?

THANK YOU SO MUCHHHHHH :D
  • HappyFuzzyKittyHappyFuzzyKitty Posts: 452 Member
    Considering doing this challenge, but I'm a little busy reliving my Sims 3 days. <3:D
    Hi. I'm Happy.
  • HappyFuzzyKittyHappyFuzzyKitty Posts: 452 Member
    nooooo! my sim just totally got electrocuted when fixing the oven. I am sorry but I totally broke the rules because i couldnt let my sim die and i used one of her best friend to pleed for her. Im sorry but I didnt want the challenge to end already =( I am the worst simmer ever but I just couldnt let Maddi die... Im sorry everyone. If she dies again I promise i will let her stay dead and then challenge failed for me *tears*

ok so guilt kinda just set in and im not going to play Maddi anymore, I FAILED. My first challenge and I failed This is sooo sad =(

I'm pretty sure in the rules it says you can plead and that it's not cheating.
    Hi. I'm Happy.
  • Aurora17Aurora17 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi everyone! I decided to try this out even though it's about 2 years old. Lol. And I'm on day 6 and no one has died. Everything was broken but my character fixed it all. I'm pretty shocked no one is dead yet considering the comments I read saying how first day the did. Just wanted to let people know :) it's still fun !!
    I'm actually trying to find the script mod for this...
  • bbaker3bbaker3 Posts: 3 New Member
    I need custom content for my insane asylum. Anyone know where I can get some