Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I wish sims could die of illness in sims 4

Comments

• NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    This so much! This game needs more consequences! Right now sims can ignore their illness and just get on with their lives. They are magically cured after a few hours.

I wish it worked like it did in the Sims 2 where sims could die of untreated illness. The other day I was playing theTs2. Bob caught a cold, but he couldn't rest properly (because 1. he was working is butt off to buy Brandi a bed; and 2.Brandi didn't have a bed so she slept with Betty and Bob slept on the sofa). Bob was dead a few days later! It certainly spiced up my game because I was not expecting it!

in my opinion there is nothing wrong with illness curing themselves after a few hours i clearly like that feature and would not went to change that and as a simmer ilness is not something i went to see in game if my sims get sick i make sure they heal and rest.

Even if illnesses were deadly, you'd be able to cure your sim using medicine. So your gameplay shouldn't be affected. I just want more consequences so this game isn't happy la la land all the time.

You can't cure Sims that aren't active though, so my gameplay would definitely be affected, with the inactive sick Sims dying or contaminating my active Sims.
  • Savage_Patch_KiddSavage_Patch_Kidd Posts: 2,937 Member
    I panicked when I thought my sim contracted STD not long after woohoo. I never played much with GTW So I never actually had seen sickness until then. Soooooo.... Idw I don't think I wanna see sims die from illness. Just feels a lil too uncanny valley. But I do want some kind of consequence. I'm just unsure what exactly.
    tumblr_oy1xa2eHV31uvsi7jo2_1280.gif
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Neia wrote: »
    This so much! This game needs more consequences! Right now sims can ignore their illness and just get on with their lives. They are magically cured after a few hours.

I wish it worked like it did in the Sims 2 where sims could die of untreated illness. The other day I was playing theTs2. Bob caught a cold, but he couldn't rest properly (because 1. he was working is butt off to buy Brandi a bed; and 2.Brandi didn't have a bed so she slept with Betty and Bob slept on the sofa). Bob was dead a few days later! It certainly spiced up my game because I was not expecting it!

in my opinion there is nothing wrong with illness curing themselves after a few hours i clearly like that feature and would not went to change that and as a simmer ilness is not something i went to see in game if my sims get sick i make sure they heal and rest.

Even if illnesses were deadly, you'd be able to cure your sim using medicine. So your gameplay shouldn't be affected. I just want more consequences so this game isn't happy la la land all the time.

You can't cure Sims that aren't active though, so my gameplay would definitely be affected, with the inactive sick Sims dying or contaminating my active Sims.

they could make it where unplayed sims don't die of illness
    more for sim kids and more drama please

Yes, but they would still contaminate active Sims and I would need to cure them all the time to avoid death, which wouldn't be fun.
    @PHOEBESMOM601 Hmmm... I do have to keep reminding myself Sims 4 is if anything comical by core. I actually don't know much about sickness as I've only just experienced it in my game recently. I've only seen the one with spots, didn't know they could get stripes :lol:

I like discord in my game. The thought of sims dying from illness was just a tad too close to home. But you are right about the La la World headache. I really dislike the perpetual sunshine.
    edited January 2017

Yes, but they would still contaminate active Sims and I would need to cure them all the time to avoid death, which wouldn't be fun.

a cure all cheat could be added for people that don't like it that way everyone could play the way they want

a cure all cheat could cheat could be added for people that don't like it that way everyone could play the way they want

I'd rather not have to use a cheat every time my Sims interact with another Sims. Because when you have enough Sims, and you have an epidemic, you're bound to get the illness back anytime you interact with some other Sims. They could make the illness no longer spread I guess, but I doubt that would be something you would like.

I'm not saying you can't ask for it by the way, I'm just explaining how it would impact my gameplay negatively, and like I said in my first post, it would be something I would mod out.
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    @PHOEBESMOM601 Hmmm... I do have to keep reminding myself Sims 4 is if anything comical by core. I actually don't know much about sickness as I've only just experienced it in my game recently. I've only seen the one with spots, didn't know they could get stripes :lol:

I like discord in my game. The thought of sims dying from illness was just a tad too close to home. But you are right about the La la World headache. I really dislike the perpetual sunshine.

Before TS3 you had to actually take care of your Sim. I remember one of the first times I played TS2. I had a pregnant Sim die of fright when she saw a ghost. That really surprised me. My first Sims game was 3. In that version you could drop a meteor on a pregnant Sim and she'd live through it.

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
    @PHOEBESMOM601 Oh lord the Meteors! How did I ever forget about that! :persevere:

I played TS3 for a couple of years & I wasn't aware they could die from fright but mainly because I usually played solo male sims. I preferred adventure/deviant over family play so I missed out a huge chunk of Game-play.
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    @PHOEBESMOM601 Oh lord the Meteors! How did I ever forget about that! :persevere:

I played TS3 for a couple of years & I wasn't aware they could die from fright but mainly because I usually played solo male sims. I preferred adventure/deviant over family play so I missed out a huge chunk of Game-play.

Sims could die of fright in TS2, not three. In three I think it was the cowardly Sims who could faint from fright. That was even toned down.

I don't think I ever played family style again after the first time I played TS3. It was just too boring for me. I started playing adventure/deviant also. My games were full of things like the handsome adventurer who was also fond of the ladies and had several kids around the world, evil, insane Sims who blew things up or serial killers run amok.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
    My games were full of things like the handsome adventurer who was also fond of the ladies and had several kids around the world, evil, insane Sims who blew things up or serial killers run amok.

That's definitely my kinda game. I especially used to love punishing Paparazzi. I feel like I'm derailing the thread again. I am however actually surprised there is no death by any kind of illness. Had it been part of the game I would have tried to avoid it anyway. No biggie :smiley:
    I also think it would be nice if they could bandage there ankle when it gets hurt
    and if they could take baths to lower fever that would be good
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I panicked when I thought my sim contracted STD not long after woohoo. I never played much with GTW So I never actually had seen sickness until then. Soooooo.... Idw I don't think I wanna see sims die from illness. Just feels a lil too uncanny valley. But I do want some kind of consequence. I'm just unsure what exactly.

The absence of real illness first appeared in TS3. To me it was just a shortcut and made the game less than it could have been. Before that all you had to do was take care of your Sim. There is no challenge in the game now. You don't even have to do anything in TS4. I had a Sim get the "stripes" illness and all I did was send her to bed because she was sleepy. The next morning she was fine. That just shows more evidence of how superficial this game is.

And this isn't directed at anyone...I just want to remark that I find it amazing that people keep saying they want a real life simulator or they want the Sims to reflect real life. What I see written here is not that many want a real life simulator, they want a happy, happy, la-la simulator with no consequences, death, illness or anything else to disrupt anything.

Yep, and why I'm always at odds with most players who frequent this forum. :o
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    and if they could take baths to lower fever that would be good

In TS2 Seasons they could die from being overheated. But it was simple, stop exercising on the treadmill. Get a drink of water or juice. Viola fever gone. Since these Sims are obsessed with glasses of water it should be a win for those who would have problems with a temperature.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

They do get diseases from socializing in The Sims Medieval and that's a teen game. It's clear the game says they got it from socializing, and it's when they kiss or make out or woohoo.
  • PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member
    edited January 2017
    I would like it if there was an illness in sims 4 that if left untreated could cause a slight case of death.
    It would encourage me to at least bother get medicine for my sims.
    For now I just let them suffer until they get better, because it doesn't matter anyways. They can't die. So why bother taking care of them?
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

Cinebar wrote: »
    They do get diseases from socializing in The Sims Medieval and that's a teen game. It's clear the game says they got it from socializing, and it's when they kiss or make out or woohoo.

Oh my lord :joy:
    I also think it would be nice if the kids had a stuff toy to sleep with when there sick
    and I don't think the kids should be able to die of illness that would be to sad for the sims
  • ShampuruShampuru Posts: 90 Member
    I wish we had more ways for them to die in general. Bad things hardly ever happen to my sims in 4. House fires near impossible to start as well.

In 2 and 3 you could start one by leaving food in the oven/stove. Lost quite a few sims because they fell asleep in the middle of making dinner.

It's just no fun without some bad things to shake up my sims lives.
  • DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member

If it gets don't like in TS2: diseases didn't spread. If they do make it spread-able, I think should set as an rare encounter. Like maybe 1 towny sim out of 10.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • Clk1143Clk1143 Posts: 1,014 Member
    Clk1143 wrote: »
    Depends on what you mean by "illness?" Some things like cancer I would find to be too controversial, but maybe a sim made up disease. I would also like the option of being able to cure it, for those who do not like death by illness, but if left alone for too long then sim can die.

I meant something like in sims 2 where they could die of illness or they could get better with bed rest or soup
    of course not cancer I don't think anyone would like that :/

Oh I've seen cancer brought up a few times, that's why I asked. :smile: I do think a made up illness would work well.
    edited January 2017
    Shampuru wrote: »
    I wish we had more ways for them to die in general. Bad things hardly ever happen to my sims in 4. House fires near impossible to start as well.

In 2 and 3 you could start one by leaving food in the oven/stove. Lost quite a few sims because they fell asleep in the middle of making dinner.

It's just no fun without some bad things to shake up my sims lives.

yes I to wish it was easier for them to die on there own there are lots of ways to kill them but you have to do it
    like them dying in the pool you have to make them stay there
    I think that if they go in the pool there should be a 1 in 80 chance of them dying not because of anything you did
    I think adding stuff like them dying of illness could really fix that
    I really like the sims 4 its my favorite game I think this would make it even better @Shampuru