Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

~•~aricarai's DNA contact thread~•~Lilypink79~•~NEW Request~•~

Comments

• soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,261 Member

Modern Inferno is a lovely build Ari. I really like how easily you play with textures and objects. Well done. Rec'd :smiley:
  • StutteredScreamsStutteredScreams Posts: 147 Member
    @aricarai
    I am left speechless. This home is ridiculously gorgeous, you are outstanding Arica. :love:

Everything about it is perfect, and I am so excited to explore every single inch!
    Your attention to detail is bar none, Freya is a very very lucky sim to have such an incredible home.
    The colours, the style, the plant life, the knick-knacks, the intricacy, good god everything is spectacular.

I cannot thank you enough, but we'll start with a simple - thank you so much! :smiley:<3

Now, to download this onto my game and continue basking in awe at your work. I'll see you on the other side! :wink:
    Zpj9msL.png
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,571 Member
    edited November 2016
    Modern Inferno is a very nice home! :) Very nice exterior design of the home and layout of the build! The design of both the outdoors area and the layout of the interior looks very nice! Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! The placement of the items in the rooms look very nice! The clothing and shoes nook with the glass doors and shelves looks so nice! The home has very creatively been furnished! The way you have used the colours of the furnishings to create an effect and look is very nice. Each of the rooms looks very nice!
  • SandraelleSandraelle Posts: 6,146 Member
    @aricarai, Got Modern Inferno into my game for a better look, and saw more detail about how creative you are about moo'ing different objects together. And I love all the split levels you did in that house. And the little stairs that walk up to the makeup and dressing area was very unique. Great job!
  • aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    @soocoolsim, @rosemow - thank you for your lovely comments. I do love building moderns and it was fun meshing the color with neutral tones.

@Sandraelle - glad you've got it in your game! I originally had just one large bathroom there and it was on the same level as the bedroom but thought it would be fun to lift it up and have a walk in closet that you could walk through to get to the bathroom. I hope you enjoy playing!

@StutteredScreams - thank you for giving me the inspiration to build. It was your vision and ideas that enabled me to build for Freya. I really do hope it is everything you wanted. I think I only used a couple store items that we hadn't discussed but I made sure to send them across to you to make sure the build looks as is. If you're missing anything, let me know. If you have any questions, please let me know. Most of all enjoy!
    Some pictures for you, lovely @aricarai ! :heart:

Freya practicing in the gym:
    tumblr_og67vhIl9f1rf5dyoo1_1280.jpg

Freya working on her culinary skills:
    tumblr_og67vhIl9f1rf5dyoo5_1280.jpg
    tumblr_og67vhIl9f1rf5dyoo2_1280.jpg

Freya deciding the first thing she wanted to do in her new home was skinny dip (lmao!):
    tumblr_og67vhIl9f1rf5dyoo4_1280.jpg

Bindi being adventurous and cute:
    tumblr_og67vhIl9f1rf5dyoo7_1280.jpg

Raoul, fast asleep after practicing his hunting skills:
    tumblr_og67vhIl9f1rf5dyoo3_1280.jpg

And lastly, a nice one of Freya reading in the lounge:
    tumblr_og67vhIl9f1rf5dyoo6_1280.jpg

I hope you liked these, I cannot say I'm the best photographer/screenshot-er (in fact, I'd never used the capture button intentionally before!), but it's been great fun exploring this beautiful home with my sims family. And I love it so so much Arica, it's absolutely perfect. :love:
    I guess Freya must be camera shy though, as I never seemed to get anything with her face in it haha. I really wish I could get a picture of them all together in the house somehow for you, like a family photo. But I'd have no idea how. :tongue:

Anyways, I hope you're doing well. And for the millionth time I'm sure, thank you so much for my beautiful home! :heart::heart:
    Zpj9msL.png
    @BreeMiles - Thank you <3
    @StutteredScreams - I absolutely luuuuurve your pictures! You did a great job taking them. You asked me earlier on what you could get me...well, seeing your pictures and that both you, Freya and the pups are enjoying Modern Inferno is the best gift you ever could have given me. So THANK YOU! Psssst...if after Freya is done with martial arts, the machine looking thing on the mirror behind her will allow her to meditate and give her a nice moodlet! I'm so stoked you're enjoying it! <3
    @aricarai I'm so glad you like them, it makes me really happy to know these pictures made you so pleased! :blush:
    I had no idea what that machine was, as I'd never seen it before, so thanks for the tip! She just reached level 5 I believe, so she actually can meditate now which is cool. So I'll be sure to put it to good use; you really thought of everything Arica! Thank you so much! :heart:
    Zpj9msL.png
    @BrianAndree - I'm super stoked to have claimed your request. I absolutely love to do moderns, especially those on the smaller side and a beach one at that...I'm in heaven. I've left you some questions on the front page here.

I'm one of DNA's slower builders in that I usually only build on the weekends, so please be patient with me. If you have any amendments that you'd like to make, just let me know!
  • BrianAndreeBrianAndree Posts: 422 Member
    Hi,
    - Would you like the rooms laid out as in the link you provided above or do you just like the shape of the build?
    (Doesnt Matter Really)
    - Would you like laundry facilities?
    (Sure!)
    Orgin: BrianAndree
    Hi,
    - Would you like the rooms laid out as in the link you provided above or do you just like the shape of the build?
    (Doesnt Matter Really)
    - Would you like laundry facilities?
    (Sure!)

Thanks for checking in - I'll get a move on on your build this weekend! :)
    @BrianAndree - are you opposed to a small pool in the back along with the garden you requested?
    @aricarai throw one in xD however, I prefer the pools with the curved edges because I don't like the big squares that just are plopped down. Or give it shape. Dont really mind :)
    @BrianAndree - awesome, I think I might throw one in and I'll make sure any edges are curved.

I started with the plan according to the link that you provided, but it's shifted slightly with the flat roof design that I've done. I hope you don't mind.
    @aricarai not at all ;)
    Oh!
    I realized I forgot to mention a few things I should have...
    -The stall garage I requested could actually be a carport if theres not space, however id perfer the garage. Also, because im assuming its on a foundation, it does that odd thing (im sure you know but its when it does that odd distort thing) and id like to have it covered with plants
    -I like bricks
    -Id really like if you could leave/find a way to have the terrace like in the plan, but if you cant because of space thats OK
    -If your following the plan, the 3rd office/bedroom can be left empty unless you would like to decorate it!
    -Also if your following the floor plan the his/hers closet can become 1 closet

overcame my laziness and noticed from your old posts that you like to use lots of store content, im assuming your not that far so I decided to list it for you!

-Wind Chimes
    -Haute Hacienda sets + Fabulous Fiesta
    -Luxury Spa Set
    -Concrete Bookshelf
    -Collectionne Stancke
    -Forest Bedroom
    -Panda and Friends
    -Animals Playground Abound...
    -Lullabies and Nursery Rhymes
    -Deep frier, icecream machine
    -Kids 2010
    -Loads of Laundry
    -Contemporary Comfort Bedroom Set
    -Stiff as a board, light as a feather
    -Large movie screen

Thats about it...well thats really important atleast

Oh!
    I realized I forgot to mention a few things I should have...
    -The stall garage I requested could actually be a carport if theres not space, however id perfer the garage. Also, because im assuming its on a foundation, it does that odd thing (im sure you know but its when it does that odd distort thing) and id like to have it covered with plants
    -I like bricks
    -Id really like if you could leave/find a way to have the terrace like in the plan, but if you cant because of space thats OK
    -If your following the plan, the 3rd office/bedroom can be left empty unless you would like to decorate it!
    -Also if your following the floor plan the his/hers closet can become 1 closet

overcame my laziness and noticed from your old posts that you like to use lots of store content, im assuming your not that far so I decided to list it for you!

-Wind Chimes
    -Haute Hacienda sets + Fabulous Fiesta
    -Luxury Spa Set
    -Concrete Bookshelf
    -Collectionne Stancke
    -Forest Bedroom
    -Panda and Friends
    -Animals Playground Abound...
    -Lullabies and Nursery Rhymes
    -Deep frier, icecream machine
    -Kids 2010
    -Loads of Laundry
    -Contemporary Comfort Bedroom Set
    -Stiff as a board, light as a feather
    -Large movie screen

Thats about it...well thats really important atleast

@BrianAndree - this is your house and I'll work with you to make it just how you want it. When I get home tonight, I'll post a pic of what it looks like and we can amend accordingly or even start over if needs be.

At the moment, I removed the office/3rd bedroom, but if you want it back in, I'd suggest an office and I'd love to decorate it.

- I've put a one stall garage. Do you want the top covered with plants or the actual garage covered with plants? With the flat roof design, I have it so the top is cantilevered, so I can put plants underneath the cantilever (I'll show you what I mean when I show you the screenshots)

- Brick, you got it. At the moment, I'm working with wood and flat bases; however, I think brick could work well.

- I've still got a terrace out the back like in the plan, but it's more on one side; however, it's easily changeable.

- There's plenty of room to make a closet.

- Store content: I was going to challenge myself and not use any store content; however, if you'd like any of the above items in the house, let me know and I'll work it in.
    @BrianAndree - See below some WIPs. Nothing is set in stone for this build - all windows/doors aren't in: So if you want that third room for the office/bedroom added; I'll fit it in. If you want more terrace in the back, let me know. If you want me to scrap it all and follow the plan to a T, let me know. Colors are not set in stone at all, just wanted to get the brick texture mixed with the wood and flat color. Let me know if that's what you meant by having the garage covered by plants.

Screenshot-1526_zpspbfhqgns.jpg

Screenshot-1529_zpsat7sn3ni.jpg

Screenshot-1532_zps38xmwnlq.jpg

Screenshot-1530_zpslz3minrc.jpg

edited January 2017
    It looks so sexy!
    Thats what I meant by the terrace, that thing around the back of the house.
    I really like that small balcony on the one room!
    What I mean, as you can see in the middle pic is when it does that odd bendy thing with the wall. I hate that. It would be nice if you could cover that up with plants :) OR if you could use like a flat color you cant really see it.
    (pic im referring too: http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/screenshots/homebuilding/garages/x005.gif.pagespeed.ic.4TqvaXGtOf.jpg)
    @BrianAndree - Thank you. I haven't heard a house described as sexy before but I dig it!

There's flat white on the garage but I'll blend it more and also camouflage with plants.

Do you want that third bedroom/office put in? Happy with the layout?
  • BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,909 Member
    Oh sweetie that one is going to be a pretty! Can't wait to see the finish!
    edited January 2017
    aricarai wrote: »
    @BrianAndree - Thank you. I haven't heard a house described as sexy before but I dig it!

There's flat white on the garage but I'll blend it more and also camouflage with plants.

If you want, but otherwise its good. Just leave some empty space if you cant for my multipurpose needs c:
    And can the white brick on the outside be changed to like a brown or something? Thanks.
    aricarai wrote: »

If you want, but otherwise its good. Just leave some empty space if you cant for my multipurpose needs c:

Multipurpose needs - sounds interesting? Anything you want me to add in or anything specific you want me to leave space for?