Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

When do you usually start having kids?

MeepleepMeepleep Posts: 180 Member
^

Post edited by Meepleep on

Comments

• NotLoudonWainwrightNotLoudonWainwright Posts: 863 Member
    I only have them by accident and I immediately age them up to young adults. I then make them over, or delete them if they're beyond saving.
  • MeepleepMeepleep Posts: 180 Member
    I only have them by accident and I immediately age them up to young adults. I then make them over, or delete them if they're beyond saving.

How do you accidentally have kids? Do you have risky woohoo?
  • NotLoudonWainwrightNotLoudonWainwright Posts: 863 Member
    Meepleep wrote: »

Something like that, yeah. I use a mod where you can set the pregnancy chance for sims when they woohoo. I have it set at 15% so occasionally I'll get surprise babies.
  • MeepleepMeepleep Posts: 180 Member
    Meepleep wrote: »

Something like that, yeah. I use a mod where you can set the pregnancy chance for sims when they woohoo. I have it set at 15% so occasionally I'll get surprise babies.

Can you link me to the mod? That seems fun to have.
  • I8PIKACHUI8PIKACHU Posts: 572 Member
    As soon as possible because there's so much to do that you can miss it. I prefer doing things in the game rather than playing the relationships so this makes it tougher to find the time to build relationships with other sims and spawn new sims.
    soul-glo.gif
    Let your soul shine through.
  • MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    I pair them up with someone in their teens, that way as soon as young adulthood comes, so do the babies.
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • sweetbluekiana1sweetbluekiana1 Posts: 167 Member
    I have my sim have kids once I've maxed out the skills needed. My sim also needs to be at the top of her career as well.kids are a lot of work I want my sim to be financially stable.
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    edited January 2017
    I'm the oldest child of older parents, so I always wait until adulthood because it feels the most normal. My parents weren't young and pretty when I graduated high school! It's a holdover from mandatory maternity leave in TS3 too. I'd rather have sims stuck high in their careers thanks to leave than stuck at the first level.

But I think most of all, I like my sims to have a life and have fun before they become parents. I'm a storyteller at heart. I'm more and more tired of legacies that don't let their heirs develop a little before making new ones and handing the reins to them. And very few players can develop sims after they have children.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • simlish1simlish1 Posts: 2,738 Member
    Depends what sim I'm playing and what sort of story line I have mapped out in my head for them.

I'm currently playing my self sim. She's seeing someone, but nothing serious. Plus she's very much into her career at the moment. She's a YA and aging is off.
    But I might turn it back on, get down to about 16/15 days till adult and then give her a surprise baby :D
    Origin ID - eliselove1
    Four Seasons Properties

• FiestyKatnissFiestyKatniss Posts: 84 Member

Your response made my morning. Even though I am not sure you're trying to be funny or serious, but however don't know how you accidentally have kids.
    simlish1 wrote: »
    Depends what sim I'm playing and what sort of story line I have mapped out in my head for them.

I'm currently playing my self sim. She's seeing someone, but nothing serious. Plus she's very much into her career at the moment. She's a YA and aging is off.
    But I might turn it back on, get down to about 16/15 days till adult and then give her a surprise baby :D

That's what I am basically doing. Since the since aging is so short I wanted to turn it off so I could max some skills few BBF, relationship yada yada. Then turn aging on have children. Then do it again when the children become young adults.
  • Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Mostly I wait, until both parts want a baby. Then I let them try for baby.
  • LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    Depends on the save. Sometimes I wait for one to suggest it in whims, sometimes I do it for the plum of it. And then there are aliens kids that surprises on their own. That happens whether one wanted them or not....lol.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,203 Member
    I actually broke down and installed a mod that allowed me to set my pregnancy chance at 5%, which is more of a surprise for me and far more realistic.
    https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    i create them from the start in create a sim since i play with aging off and keep my sims single
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • MariskaAmyMariskaAmy Posts: 901 Member
    Usually about hallfway through young adulthood. I tend to pair my sims up with other sims as teens or even children (at which point they'll just be best friends), so I'll know who they end up with pretty early on. But I also like them to have a decent income before they start having kids, so they can at least pay the bills without losing money. Doesnt always work out that way, because I do have a mod installed that allows for risky woohoo, which I have set to 5%.
    MariskaAmy wrote: »
    Usually about hallfway through young adulthood. I tend to pair my sims up with other sims as teens or even children (at which point they'll just be best friends), so I'll know who they end up with pretty early on. But I also like them to have a decent income before they start having kids, so they can at least pay the bills without losing money. Doesnt always work out that way, because I do have a mod installed that allows for risky woohoo, which I have set to 5%.

That sounds interesting and realistic.
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    Typically, I wait til they are at the adult stage. I'm not sure why really, except that doing it that way gives me all of the YA life stage to meet mates and level up in careers before I lose focus and begin running all over creation with the kids :D
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    Normally half way through the young adult stage.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Gabe_ozGabe_oz Posts: 1,880 Member
    i create them from the start in create a sim since i play with aging off and keep my sims single

You are really confusing sometimes. Sometimes you say your sims are single, and then later you talk about your married sims.
  • Gabe_ozGabe_oz Posts: 1,880 Member
    It depends. If i'm starting a new household, then it'll take a while, maybe about 1/2-full way through young adulthood. But if it's a generational household, then at the beginning of young adulthood as i'll already have some mate for them.
  • keene61keene61 Posts: 259 Member
    I like to wait until the adult stage. At that point, just like what a lot of other players have said, I wait until they're at least half way up their careers and have enough money and time to do it. I'm not much of a storyteller, more of an achievement hunter, and I prefer to have only one child, too.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I have them just before the parents become elders so they learn to stand on their own two feet early!
  • PurrdaleckiPurrdalecki Posts: 972 Member
    edited January 2017
    Like. All the time. I flirt with a sim for like 2 minutes and then I bed them... I just love babies a lot. They're cute. But usually at YA, though, which I imagine to be like... 20 or more? So a *bit* young, but eh. My sister's thinking of having a child irl and she's only 23.
    tumblr_inline_o2epubgZOk1tbsl8q_500.gif
    My sims 4 studio with poses for download and stuff: click
  • PurrdaleckiPurrdalecki Posts: 972 Member
    And I usually don't age up their parents from YA, I play with no aging and I usually make people's parents the ultimate gods so I get really pretty babies. Sempiternal gods, makes sense. None of my sims reach adult or elder. I'm too attached to them.
    tumblr_inline_o2epubgZOk1tbsl8q_500.gif
    My sims 4 studio with poses for download and stuff: click