Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Thread for UserMink1116

Hello @UserMnk1116 has asked me to start a thread in the Mac section of the forums as they use a Mac. I will post what they posted on their wall
Hi, I know I have to become a full member to post anywhere, but I have a question I can't seem to fix through the forums. Twice now (once in June, now again today) my game has been wiped clean and I have lost everything. I have been playing almost everyday since June, so I have lost a lot of game. I'm not sure what to do, but if anyone could point me in the direction of where to find a solution that would be great.
Unfortunately, I am having difficulty even finding the EA-sims 4-saves folder. I have a Mac, and I'm not sure if possibly this is why I am having trouble searching it that way.

Comments

• UserMnk1116UserMnk1116 Posts: 19 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello @UserMnk1116 has asked me to start a thread in the Mac section of the forums as they use a Mac. I will post what they posted on their wall
    Hi, I know I have to become a full member to post anywhere, but I have a question I can't seem to fix through the forums. Twice now (once in June, now again today) my game has been wiped clean and I have lost everything. I have been playing almost everyday since June, so I have lost a lot of game. I'm not sure what to do, but if anyone could point me in the direction of where to find a solution that would be great.
    Unfortunately, I am having difficulty even finding the EA-sims 4-saves folder. I have a Mac, and I'm not sure if possibly this is why I am having trouble searching it that way.

Thank you so much again! I had originally sent this in about 5 hours ago, and after talking with EA for a little and doing some more searching, I realized my saved game folders were being saved to my iCloud. I was able to open the game as normal after this, and saw my family was still there. I decided I wanted to start a new legacy family, however, so I made that family. After making that family and choosing to 'save as', I exited the game to make sure there were no problems with reopening it. Again, I had no issues. I played the game for about 3 more hours while saving it every so often. About an hour ago, the game started to lag really bad so I decided to save as once again before quitting to restart my computer. However, after the game saved I did not even get the chance to quit the game and it quit itself. I had a bad feeling, so I tried to restart the game. This time my original families were there still, but the new family I had just spent a few hours playing was gone. I have tried to go about reloading the game from the saves I made earlier, but the new family file will not load, and I only have the option of playing my original game (despite the fact that I was opening files that I saved while playing the new family and never once even opened the original family). I have no idea what's going on/how to fix all the issues I'm having, and I don't want to continue to play the game if every so often it erases my files. Does anyone have any suggestions/feedback/etc? I have tried googling and searching the forum for answers, spoken to EA (which did not help at all), and restarting the game, but now I'm out of ideas. I apologize for this post being so long, and I want to say thanks in advance for any help I may get!
  • Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    My saves are always found under the following path: Document > Electronic Arts > Sims 4. Within the Sims 4 folder, you should see a sub folder labeled "saves". This will be where your Saved games are stored. One word of advise. Never use the "Save and Exit" option as the game save can become corrupt. Aways "Save", then simply "Exit" without saving and your games will be ok.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • UserMnk1116UserMnk1116 Posts: 19 Member
    My saves weren't even there was the problem, unfortunately. However, it ended up (sort of) fixing itself eventually. But yea, I've been playing since the Sims original game first came out, so through plenty of issues throughout the years I've always been very careful to save the game as a specific file!
  • Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    I don't have iCloud enabled to save anything to the "Cloud". Everything is always stored on my hard drive and then backed up via Time Machine. Time Machine has saved my bacon more times than I can count. I highly recommend it even if you only hook it up once a day or so.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.