Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Easy trick: How to add objects in the neighborhoods OUT OF ANY LOT working 100% NO MODS :D *UPDATED

Comments

• CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
    I just used this cheat to place the toilet bush from Get Together on one of the secret lots, AND IT WORKS!!!!
  • NatKingSimNatKingSim Posts: 757 Member
    Wow, this is awesome!!!! The best trick ever. Thank you so much for sharing!!!!!!!
    bI7Zx0.gif
    Download below
  • PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    I'm glad this was bumped, never seen it before!
    Can't wait to have some fun with it
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    Thanks for the tip @John_Salonica I'll most likely use this in my own game. Never would have thought to do this at all.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,709 Member
    Lol, guess I'd better go back and read from the beginning. :p I always skip to the last page on old threads.
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Lol, guess I'd better go back and read from the beginning. :p I always skip to the last page on old threads.

Sames haha
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• NatKingSimNatKingSim Posts: 757 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    I'm speechless. This is genius! I can't wait to play with this. I'm definitely taking an easel...so many pretty places I wanna paint.
    I hope we get a portable easel in get together.... I am thinking we might as we are getting a portable bar.

I agree, it would be great. I wish we also could paint on the walls and the ground around town. Carry spray paint and make cool street art and get tips or at least an audience.
    bI7Zx0.gif
    Download below
  • CandyBunnieCandyBunnie Posts: 52 Member
    this is brilliant, thank you for sharing. :)
  • John_SalonicaJohn_Salonica Posts: 353 Member
    Is anyone still using this ?
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Forest_NinjaForest_Ninja Posts: 1,181 Member

It's not recommendable since the function which adds objects as a neck attachment reduces the scaling and objects won't animate correctly if they don't match the original mesh scaling and/or the sim height in addition to the fact that the reduction looks ridiculous.
    "Video gaming began as an engineer's hobby and a means of creative expression for those of higher technical inclination. It is expected that those who are capable of higher engineering-related achievements will see value, in electronic entertainment products, where others see failure." -Sasquatch
  • ClaimingTheFifthClaimingTheFifth Posts: 417 Member
    edited May 2016

It's not recommendable since the function which adds objects as a neck attachment reduces the scaling and objects won't animate correctly if they don't match the original mesh scaling and/or the sim height in addition to the fact that the reduction looks ridiculous.

I don't doubt that this can be true for some items (setting them as head), but I've recently used this to set up another trash can in the Bluffs and it worked perfectly. So, I believe it's always worth a try! ;)
    That light at the end of the tunnel? It's a train.
    The five-second rule does not apply when you have a two-second dog.
  • Kathy090660Kathy090660 Posts: 813 Member
    It seems to work perfectly with the easel too.
    newsims4siggg_zps62d6d1ba.png

A Rainbow is a promise of God
  • StilleWaterStilleWater Posts: 1,566 Member

Ok @John_Salonica , I tried your trick and this is what I got...not 100%. I had him leave and go to playground and came back and it's still this. how do I get rid of it now? Is it because I used a kid that it came out so small?

cU7emGQ.png
    7FXGVZ1.jpg?1
  • John_SalonicaJohn_Salonica Posts: 353 Member

Ok @John_Salonica , I tried your trick and this is what I got...not 100%. I had him leave and go to playground and came back and it's still this. how do I get rid of it now? Is it because I used a kid that it came out so small?

cU7emGQ.png

If you read the thread, i said that its not working 100% with all objects. I also said that if you put an object in a neighborhood and then travel to another neighborhood it will stay there FOREVER( in one game file , if you make a new game it will not be there dont worry) . I suggest next time you do this debug the object in a lot so you can remove it if you dont like it (You debug it in a lot and see if its ok to put it in a public space)
    xyIcMqt.png
  • ZarrielZarriel Posts: 475 Member
    I gotta try this!
    Origin ID:
    coollogo_com-31276450_zps25ba3967.png

• NectereNectere Posts: 1,002 Member

Just a tiny tip : There are a couple of items that when set as head actually make them more logical in size - the small tv and the small boombox - setting as head and then changing the size up/down of the object results in a proper sized boombox and box tv. So far its really only these two items that it works best on and of course the shadow wont be right on the little boombox but its new tiny size will make so much more sense and the little tv when sized after looks like the proper size set top box. Finally, I can use these two items without wincing every time I look at them.
    Mods should enhance my game, not fix it.
    Origin ID NectereSim
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,957 Member
    I placed a public toilet similar to the one by the play area near Ophilia Villa and across the street from Magnolia Park next to the Community garden in Oasis springs and as described by Forest_Ninja the scaling was off when the Sim dropped it off her head. it's a knee high public toilet. Sims get full green bars for bladder when they use it so works even though they should only be able to get one foot and lower leg into the building ( they do disappear inside) Has anybody been able to grow the object ] before or after placing? What is the order of operation for this?
    And then I had a different idea for having a Sim wait around for a tomato to plant at home: changed the lot description of Agave Abode to generic and took off the front door when he left so nothing would happen in there.

However, my Sims are filling an entire art gallery with paint by reference paintings so this is extremely valuable to experiment with. I have to try getting the Sim to walk off a public lot an with an easel
  • suluranitsuluranit Posts: 1 New Member
    How to remove these objects!!!
  • LuvMySimzLuvMySimz Posts: 642 Member
    edited December 2016
    @John_Salonica

I just ran into this thread, never saw it before.
    AWESOME!!! find.

When reading the whole thread I came across some very funny posts with and without pictures that made me laugh so hard.

My favorite:
    Prink34320 wrote: »
    Great now I'm gonna have a Sim use a public restroom as his head so I can place it elsewhere! :) Not gonna be weird at all running by Sims with a giant restroom on my head :p Genius though.

I just imagine how that looks ROFL
    Rofl lol its so small:

eR7Licl.jpg

ROFLMAO - my belly still hurtig seeing this. :D

For everyone having problems with the size of the object this mod from MTS should help.

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=536711

Again; AWESOME find! :smile:
    „ - Criticism may not be agreeable, but it's sometimes necessary - “

• 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    Thank you! This is awesome? With which objects have you tested it? Would it work with slides <.<
  • ClaimingTheFifthClaimingTheFifth Posts: 417 Member
    @06Bon06 I've used this several times to get a trashcan in a public place....it's always worked perfectly. So far I've had no reason to try it with anything else. But for picnic tables lacking a trashcan in the area? It's been perfect ;)
    That light at the end of the tunnel? It's a train.
    The five-second rule does not apply when you have a two-second dog.
  • LuvMySimzLuvMySimz Posts: 642 Member
    Now this is very funny ROFL. As soon as I used the the bench for hat the lazy crowd took advantage :D

20sulie.png
    „ - Criticism may not be agreeable, but it's sometimes necessary - “

• Teslachick2Teslachick2 Posts: 442 Member
    LuvMySimz wrote: »
    Now this is very funny ROFL. As soon as I used the the bench for hat the lazy crowd took advantage :D

20sulie.png

Omg! That's hilarious lol :D
    I regret some of my life choices.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited January 2017
    I figured this out the first time I used that cheat a long time ago now. I thought this was more known. good thing you posted it for others. B)
    I wonder why they don't just give everybody the option to edit these spaces normally. I would love to remove some annoying trees in the front of some of the lots in the base game neighbourhoods when you want to take some screenshots :#
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    This is the first time I've come across this -- what a great thing to do for my painters!