Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Vampire render by me (Not official) updated 1/19/2017

Comments

• BbearBbear Posts: 55 Member
    <3 i love them!
    <3 We have TODDLERS!!!
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Vampires with spray tans.
    Hmmm.... could write a cheesy vampire novel with that theme.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Armilus616Armilus616 Posts: 683 Member
    Dreagen1 wrote: »
    New one, and look, Its a TAN vampire
    tumblr_oj551hNAHn1tcw5z8o1_r1_1280.png

Thank you for continuing your work!
    Those Renders keep me comeing back to the forum despite all the trolls and hate-comments about T****ers everywhere.
  • BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    Nah all My Vamps have to look the part in My game play, with the pure white skin, and dark eyes, blood red or black, or even violet color, :)
  • TayTayGeeTayTayGee Posts: 313 Member
    Armilus616 wrote: »

Those Renders keep me comeing back to the forum despite all the trolls and hate-comments about T****ers everywhere.

I know right. People are childish.
  • Dreagen1Dreagen1 Posts: 570 Member
    Nah all My Vamps have to look the part in My game play, with the pure white skin, and dark eyes, blood red or black, or even violet color, :)

Go ahead and play that way! I personally want mine to have normal skin tones.
    Armilus616 wrote: »

I'm just ignoring them. The positive comments are the only ones that matter to me.
    I'm glad they keep you coming back and that you like them :) I'll definitely do more. Making these is actually pretty fun.
    Movotti wrote: »
    Vampires with spray tans.
    Hmmm.... could write a cheesy vampire novel with that theme.
    I made her by thinking of her as like the channel oberlin (from scream queens) of vampires.
  • maxsa13zmaxsa13z Posts: 21 Member
    I've been playing The Sims 3 lately and supernaturals have become of my favorite additions in any Sims games. These renders really make me excited for Vampires in The Sims 4. Keep up the good work ! :smiley:
  • fadingaudiofadingaudio Posts: 933 Member
    If all vampires were pale, then we wouldn't have this gorgeous soul in our fantasy lives. ♥
    31811556685_fb344fb11e_z.jpg

Some day, I hope people realize that what they do in their games is a great and wonderful thing. You want to know why? Because it's YOUR game. You play YOUR way. I hope the day comes where people stop arguing over how to play/create with the game and just enjoy their play-styles. If someone wants a dark skinned Vampire. So what?! If you want a pale skinned vampire, Great! You can do that. It is not for you to decide how a player plays their game. Play YOUR game and leave others the plumm alone. ~_~

That's what's so great about Sims 4. You can now make pretty much any Sim you want; and Vampires will more than likely be able to have a variety of skin tones to choose from to allow YOU as the player to play YOUR way. So, If I want a Purple Vampire, I'll make a purple vampire; example. ~_~. It's not in your game. It's not hurting you.

Please, keep making your beautiful Renders, @Dreagen1, as long as you're enjoying it/makes you happy and don't let anyone make you feel like you have to stop creating. You all have a lovely day. :) Remember we're all playing the same game that we all love. Stop fighting and come together. We're a community. Shouldn't be "at war" with each other.

(I'm not trying to cause any more harm to the thread, just brought it up because I just read over at your toddler render thread that you were going to stop the vampire render thread. :().

It's a very good post, but I don't see a reason for it.
    You shouldn't confuse "pale" with "light skinned". No one in this thread has said they preferred light skinned vampires over dark once. They said they liked their vampires "pale", as in "no flush on the face"; after all vampires are supposed to be dead, so it only makes sense that they'd be pale. Nice good oxigenated blood is what gives human faces that nice flashy color. And when people die, they turn pale, no matter of their skin tone.

Dark skin can be pale. Paleness has nothing to do with skin tone.

Ps: people should stop looking for "prejudice" in everything.

It isn't that dark skin can't be pale, but that people's idea of it being pale is literally just being lighter and yes ashy. This comes from overlays from previous games that weren't really done correctly and white people not realizing it is going to look MUCH different on someone whose not white. Marcel does not look "dead" and there is NO reason actually for them looking dead because not all vampires are dead depends on the lore. Some are genetic like blade and others never fully die their heart doesn't stop it is simply a transformation (I read tons of vampire books it can be done a variety of ways). The vampire diaries they ARE dead and they still don't look "pale" and dead because they have blood. They only truly start looking dead/pale when they aren't feeding that makes sense. If you are actively taking in live blood, you're not going to be pale and dead looking. You are going to look alive.

Either way my preference is for no overlay and normal skin tones. I really don't think anyone should feel obligated to make their vampires fit someone else's stereotype. The OP should be able to have their vampires look any way they want in their renders. Hopefully, they has learned their lessons from TS2 and TS3 will give us the options needed. Still I feel the need to point out these arguments are kind of nonsense. Vampires do not have to appear pale because they are dead.
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    edited January 2017

She's so fierce, I love it! And I wish that outfit was in the game
    edited January 2017
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    To7m wrote: »
    mika wrote: »
    Personally liked how they looked before. Don't know why you felt the need to make them paler, as vampires can be any skin color...

This exactly. I don't even want a paler tint applied to them. Just leave them with whatever skin they had at death. There is plenty of vampire lore out there for blood keeping their bodies in pristine condition at the time of their death. So there is really no need to make their body seem dead as long as they are feeding their bodies aren't really "dead". The blood keeps their skin flush. If people want their own overlays they can already do that through CC or they can make the overlay optional because I am tired of black vampires looking like plum.

Except they're also pale because they can't go in the sun.. Ever see someone who works the graveyard shift? Try that for several centuries and see how tan they are.

Yeah I agree with this!

Vampires lose pigment when they translation. They don't look flushed in any sense. They look deathly pale. Not like they just got off of a sun bed.

They need to look pale or they will look odd.

--T

In the files for this vampire pack it says you can have your vampire be whatever color you'd like. Pale or Normal.

Calm down sweetie. I know you're reveling in the attention your renders (both here and in the toddlers thread) are giving you, but if you post anything on here, people will have an opinion about it. Your renders are cute, but I hope the real thing is done better, more scary and creepy.

Um that is not very nice of you to say. What is your problem with her renders? This just concept art, don't take it too seriously! Opinions do matter, but you have to watch how you say it and make sure it doesn't OFFEND anyone. You aren't paying attention to yourself hurting @Dreagen1 feelings. Try being respectful and stop being to critically harsh.

She said she was never doing it for attention. It was something everyone wanted to see. Why won't you go criticize people like yourself?
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    TayTayGee wrote: »
    Personally liked how they looked before. Don't know why you felt the need to make them paler, as vampires can be any skin color...

This exactly. I don't even want a paler tint applied to them. Just leave them with whatever skin they had at death. There is plenty of vampire lore out there for blood keeping their bodies in pristine condition at the time of their death. So there is really no need to make their body seem dead as long as they are feeding their bodies aren't really "dead". The blood keeps their skin flush. If people want their own overlays they can already do that through CC or they can make the overlay optional because I am tired of black vampires looking like plum.

Except they're also pale because they can't go in the sun.. Ever see someone who works the graveyard shift? Try that for several centuries and see how tan they are.

Yeah I agree with this!

Vampires lose pigment when they translation. They don't look flushed in any sense. They look deathly pale. Not like they just got off of a sun bed.

--T

In the files for this vampire pack it says you can have your vampire be whatever color you'd like. Pale or Normal.

Calm down sweetie. I know you're reveling in the attention your renders (both here and in the toddlers thread) are giving you, but if you post anything on here, people will have an opinion about it. Your renders are cute, but I hope the real thing is done better, more scary and creepy.

Um that is not very nice of you to say. What is your problem with her renders? This just concept art, don't take it too seriously! Opinions do matter, but you have to watch how you say it and make sure it doesn't OFFEND anyone. You aren't paying attention to yourself hurting @Dreagen1 feelings. Try being respectful and stop being to critically harsh.

She said she was never doing it for attention. It was something everyone wanted to see. Why won't you go criticize people like yourself?

I have no problem with the renders. I have said that they are well done. Everyone seems to have misinterpreted my statement about reveling in the attention being received from them. I did not mean it was bad. I meant that they should revel in the attention because of how well they were done. If I had done those renders and I were getting much deserved appreciation for them, I would certainly revel in the attention. Maybe I worded it poorly. My bad. I have been in these forums long enough to know that when toddlers arrive and pre-teens don't, there will be those that say that they saw renders of pre-teens and there were surveys about pre-teens, so where are the pre-teens? Why would they make renders to get our hopes up if they aren't coming? Regardless of the NOT OFFICAL part of the title, people will still find a way to somehow blame Deagen1 for the mix up. How do you think Dreagen1 will feel then? I just don't want any blowback to affect Dreagen1 in a bad way. You know this could happen. All it will take is one person to start the "where's my pre-teens" ball rolling and a lot of people will jump on board.

And for you to tell me to show respect to others and their opinions is a joke. Didn't you tell me to "please get out" of another thread where I had posted my opinion? In this thread you tell me to go criticize people like myself and I just have. That makes you no better (or worse) than me. Practice what you preach.
  • TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    Wow. She looks like she's ready to bring down the house.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io

Triplis wrote: »

So fierce you'll want her to bite you ;)
  • TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member

Triplis wrote: »

So fierce you'll want her to bite you ;)
    Lol. :smiley:
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member

Oooh, is this true? Please let this be true!
    :smile:

I am all for more choices/options, as I highly dislike most of the strict "rules" that some people insist that all vampires should follow when there are all sorts of different vampire lore and different interpretations of said lore.

I want modern vampires, not just the cheesy old-fashioned goofy Transalyvania (sp?) Dracula types, so I hope the game will give us some variety of vampire types.

I would hate for more limitations and restrictions in an iteration that I feel is already limited and restricted. :disappointed:

(I'm Latina myself, so more skin tones beyond the old cliche grey skin or pure, pure white skin would be great.)
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
    P.S. I love many of your renders, @Dreagen1 ! The ones in the first page were my absolute favorite of the bunch.

Love the various outfits of the female vampire in the last few posts above this post, too. :smile:
    (She/her)
    TayTayGee wrote: »

Yeah I agree with this!

--T

I have no problem with the renders. I have said that they are well done. Everyone seems to have misinterpreted my statement about reveling in the attention being received from them. I did not mean it was bad. I meant that they should revel in the attention because of how well they were done. If I had done those renders and I were getting much deserved appreciation for them, I would certainly revel in the attention. Maybe I worded it poorly. My bad. I have been in these forums long enough to know that when toddlers arrive and pre-teens don't, there will be those that say that they saw renders of pre-teens and there were surveys about pre-teens, so where are the pre-teens? Why would they make renders to get our hopes up if they aren't coming? Regardless of the NOT OFFICAL part of the title, people will still find a way to somehow blame Deagen1 for the mix up. How do you think Dreagen1 will feel then? I just don't want any blowback to affect Dreagen1 in a bad way. You know this could happen. All it will take is one person to start the "where's my pre-teens" ball rolling and a lot of people will jump on board.

And for you to tell me to show respect to others and their opinions is a joke. Didn't you tell me to "please get out" of another thread where I had posted my opinion? In this thread you tell me to go criticize people like myself and I just have. That makes you no better (or worse) than me. Practice what you preach.

Oh you didn't mean to say it in a negative way? I'm sorry I accused you of saying that to be mean. You weren't. I know you weren't being that negative on her renders. I respect your opinion. And the last part is right. I didn't realize i did the same thing.
    edited January 2017
    Done.
    Post edited by Dreagen1 on
    edited January 2017
    ^Yeah, I wasn't sure whether to call that out or not as I wasn't called sweetie, but calling someone "sweetie" (with no body language context especially, and it's a complete stranger, etc) can be interpretated as being pretty patronizing or condescending in some areas of the US, especially when said to women.

(However, I don't think the poster using the term meant to sound patronizing or condescending on purpose. They may not know why some people would get offended by that term used in that context. They could be saying it in a nice, endearing way, and that's just how they talk. I myself say sweetie or buddy to little kids a lot, for example. :smile: )

Anyway, but, yes, I personally wouldn't want to be called sweetie, either. :tongue:

(Unless you're a nice old lady or female coworker or female family member saying it as a comforting or endearing gesture, or if you're my personal lover or something, lol. :blush: )
    Post edited by LatinaBunny on
    (She/her)
    ^Yeah, I wasn't sure whether to call that out or not as I wasn't called sweetie, but calling someone "sweetie" (with no body language context especially, and it's a complete stranger, etc) can be interpretated as being pretty patronizing or condescending in some areas of the US, especially when said to women.

(However, I don't think the poster using the term meant to sound patronizing or condescending on purpose. They may not know why some people would get offended by that term used in that context. They could be saying it in a nice, endearing way, and that's just how they talk. I myself say sweetie or buddy to little kids a lot, for example. :smile: )

Anyway, but, yes, I personally wouldn't want to be called sweetie, either. :tongue:

(Unless you're a nice old lady or female coworker or female family member saying it as a comforting or endearing gesture, or if you're my personal lover or something, lol. :blush: )

Its just how they said it, "Calm down sweetie". That in itself sounds rude right? I agree with you totally though, they may not have meant it that way. I really hate being called that though, Ive had others in the past call me that and its always been in a condescending manner. Oh well, ive let it go! :)
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    Still loving the renders!

Is it possible to make Vampire Toddlers too? ;-)