Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 1 Complete Collection on Origin

vctrmsqtvctrmsqt Posts: 6 New Member
Recently I've purchased The Sims 1 Complete Collection and I got really upset when I realized tha EA is being so neglect with the most successfull game that became this franchise so big.

I tried to register the game in my Origin Account, and as I imagined, the serial was not valid. So I started a chat in US Origin (I'm brazilian) and asked for help to register the game in my account.

In the begining I thought I would be successfull in this process, until the moment when the clerk said that the registration wouldn't be possible because the game is very old. I answered saying that Origin owns older games than The Sims 1 (SimCity 2000, Theme Hospital...), and the clerk was unable to explain the availablity of these games.

So then, I started observing my game and I realized that it was produced in 2008. I notified the clerk about this, about Sims 2 also. I got lots of criteria about the fact that "The Sims Complete Collection is too old", until the clerk guided me to create a topic in Origin forum about this question to call attention of the developers. Instantly I looked for it to find answers about my issue.

After I searched topics in forum, I thought about what the clerk has told me "all attention of the developers" e asked him about it. He said that a post in the forum could convince (or not) the developers to provide The Sims 1 in Origin.

He also offered me The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection (I already own this one), saying that it was better than TS1. I thought a little disrispect, once my first question was about how to register The Sims Complete Collection in my account.

After 3 hours chatting trying to understand why the game will not be available on Origin to date, I concluded what was mentioned at the beginning of the publication.

Since now... I'm a big fan of The Sims series and I am REALLY disapointed about the way EA treats this classic game that gave birth to everything we have today. :'(

Comments

• vctrmsqtvctrmsqt Posts: 6 New Member
    We are tagging #WeWantSims1Collection on Twitter. Tweet for @origininsider with this tag.
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,079 Member
    I'll do that!
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    I wonder if it's because a lot of people can't install it on newer systems. They'd probably have to make some modifications to make it available. I think it would be an amazing gesture to the community to offer it.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I would love it, I have all the sims 1 expansion packs. They worked perfect on my fiancé's PC before he upgraded to Windows 10. Now they don't :'(
    > @Goldbear86 said:
    > I would love it, I have all the sims 1 expansion packs. They worked perfect on my fiancé's PC before he upgraded to Windows 10. Now they don't :'(

Is pretty sad ... I hope that EA do something ... :'(
    > @lisamwitt said:
    > I'll do that!

YAAAAY! :D <3
  • kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    Goldbear86 wrote: »
    I would love it, I have all the sims 1 expansion packs. They worked perfect on my fiancé's PC before he upgraded to Windows 10. Now they don't :'(

I had 10 for about a week until I rolled back to 8. Pretty much everything ran oddly or not at all on it. 8 may not be the most popular windows either, but at least everything worked.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Leo_GruenLeo_Gruen Posts: 468 Member
    The first sims game can be finicky even on Windows 7. In fact the base game can't be installed on windows 10 and is officially not compatible with anything past 98 according to my jewel case for it. It will still install on windows 7 and therefore probably 8. Windows 10, however, seems to have rolled in a lot of the changes that prevent legacy software that were originally in Vista. I'm holding off on 10 for that reason (However I can report some people have it working -- just not in windowed mode but that may depend on your graphics driver). Let's just say that Sims 1 is a patchwork quilt of legacy technologies that nothing is really supporting well anymore.

Also getting Homecrafter to run on even Windows 7 is an exercise in computer sciences.

The best tip is to NOT install it into a program files folder but instead C:\TheSims or something.
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,079 Member
    I don't plan to upgrade past windows 7. Since I only use the windows partition on my computer for Sims 2 and nothing else, it doesn't matter one bit. Sims 2 runs well on 7, but has had issues for people who upgraded.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • sawgrass770sawgrass770 Posts: 258 Member
    Sadly, my complete set of the original Sims will not play on my old win 7 laptop.
  • Olivesplum06Olivesplum06 Posts: 1,076 Member
    They gave away TS2 UC for free, when I would gladly pay for TS1 UC any day. They must not understand how many people would be so thrilled to be able to buy that game and its expansions, but I guess that's their loss.
  • Leo_GruenLeo_Gruen Posts: 468 Member
    It could also be an issue with the incensing - the sims 1 uses a lot of third party Dell libraries which the sims 2 does not.

That said you can get a nice copy on Ebay for $15 or so.
  • Streicher27Streicher27 Posts: 6 New Member
    Eu sou brasileiro também (então não vou falar em ingles aqui). Mas, just asking: onde você comprou o TS1 CC? Meu Deus eu quero tanto, estou a ponto de comprar no ebay... socorr
  • moniquefsamoniquefsa Posts: 127 Member
    I would love to play TS1 again. I still have mine in boxes :smiley:
  • geoffreypageoffreypa Posts: 355 Member
    me to, me to
  • SingingSimmerSingingSimmer Posts: 43 Member
    I absolutely adored Sims 1. Would love to be able to play it again one day.
  • Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    vctrmsqt wrote: »

Since now... I'm a big fan of The Sims series and I am REALLY disapointed about the way EA treats this classic game that gave birth to everything we have today. :'(

yes,
    probably to revamp this first game is also too difficult & too expensive for EA as with everything TheSims nowadays :confused:
    they don't improve & don't remaster the old games as they also barely fix the new game, sad stuff :confused:

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • auricio288auricio288 Posts: 149 Member
    Still waiting. I really want Sims 1 Complete Collection on Origin.
    Zvt4d0O.gif
  • Puppydog101ukPuppydog101uk Posts: 1 New Member
    auricio288 wrote: »
    Still waiting. I really want Sims 1 Complete Collection on Origin.
    Me too

• TragicClownTragicClown Posts: 58 Member
    It Would be great to have sims 1 and even sims 2 on Origin again :)
  • moniquefsamoniquefsa Posts: 127 Member
    TS2 was available once
  • jjames041jjames041 Posts: 65 Member
    i still play the sims 1 on a old p4
  • james64468james64468 Posts: 1,276 Member
    I think there something to do with coding on Sims 1 from what I heard. I would love to play it.
  • MarkJamesReidMarkJamesReid Posts: 1 New Member
    Please Please Please!! We all really want the original Sims on Origin! What do we want? Original Sims on Origin, when do we want?! Now! Thank you EA!