Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

♦ The Gifting Directory ♦ Happy 11th Anniversary!

Comments

• Jude525Jude525 Posts: 1,696 Member
    New Year, new name! JoeJude16 is now Jude525. New look, same great taste!
    aka Jude
    I own the store as of 1+7/17/17

My Studio

My build thread in the Creative Corner
  • XanthinaXanthina Posts: 86 Member
    @MariTomKaulitZ Thank you! I do love that set, too. I'm looking forward to makeing a cool colored cabin with it. No need to worry, everything works out right in the end ^_^
  • AuzzPandaAuzzPanda Posts: 1,235 Member
    edited January 2017
    Same to you @AshleyMaryLove .
    I'm in love with your avis hair so much. I give it to all my sims haha.

@Jude525
    Hooray for the new you!
    23rif7.gif
  • pxelskiespxelskies Posts: 1,064 Member
    @Xanthina You're welcome! And should not mind sharing the end product of your cabin, I would love to see it! :blush:

@Jude525 I didn't even know it was possible to change your username :open_mouth: How did you do that?
    @MariTomKaulitZ Welcome you shall be indeed to all me simmies! Thanks so much for the gift :blush:
    23rif7.gif
    edited January 2017
    @MariTomKaulitZ I had mentioned setting up a new forum account in order to have a new name and someone suggested I message SimGuruDrake and ask for the change. I don't know if they hand out changes left and right or if you need to have a reasonable explanation. My prior user name was a mashup between my name and my ex-husband's, so I REALLY wanted a new ID. I already knew that no one can help me out with my Origin account name or Sims store/Online user ID, but at least here in the forums I was able to switch to something independent. I think it's a cool way to start the new year.

And now that I know I'm keeping this account I need to fix the glitch with my signature graphic.
    aka Jude

My Studio

• GREENEYAGREENEYA Posts: 7,796 Member
    From my TOP 5!

@rednenemon thanks for the Medieval Loveseat and Tufted Armchair !!! <3

I have updated my Top 5 list HERE :D
  • HoplassHoplass Posts: 369 Member
    I know I'm late but: Happy New year everyone!

And have you been playing roller coaster already @AuzzPanda ?
    Hi @Jude525 what a great start to have your new name in the new year!
    @Hoplass
    Happy year indeed!! Hope you had a fun celebration. I did play it twice. I'm not as into it as I hoped I'd be which has me really sad though..
    23rif7.gif
    Hoplass wrote: »
    I know I'm late but: Happy New year everyone!

And have you been playing roller coaster already @AuzzPanda ?
    Hi @Jude525 what a great start to have your new name in the new year!

I think the next thing I need to do is make a Sim selfie and replace my icon with it. Only did it once before, and the system crashed as I was trying to save it. I think the selfies I used to make it from are still on my phone.
    aka Jude

My Studio

S'cuse meh but you can make S3 sims take selfies and save them like in TS4?
    23rif7.gif
    @AuzzPanda no, I was just using that phrasing to refer to making a Sim that looks like me and then using a picture of him as my forum pic.
    aka Jude

My Studio

• simsfanatic9simsfanatic9 Posts: 223 Member
    edited March 2017
    Link to my wishlist in my signature.

1. The Boardwalk
    2. Last Venue of Amore
    3. Lunar Lakes
    4. Midnight Hollow
    5. Sunlit Tides
    Post edited by simsfanatic9 on
  • TamaekTamaek Posts: 440 Member
    Congratulations @Jude525! Glad it worked out for you!

Sorry to hear you had so many complications @Xanthina. I hope your grandmother and husband are both doing well and that the New Year is good to you.

Can't say I'm going to miss 2016 myself. Happy New Year everyone! Sorry that's late but I've been busy with OE. I finally got a chance to sit down and try to farm some ads and the only ad that even played froze at the end and never paid out. Then they all just dried up and its been that way since I went on that big gifting spree and I don't know how long this ad drought is going to last. *sniffle* Hopefully it will pick up soon. I'm glad I at least got to pay it forward a bit, wiping out a Top 5 here or there but that just doesn't feel like enough. I was so looking forward to the gift giving part. :bawling: Okay, well hopefully they will pick up soon. Chat with you all later. Take care!
    As of 12-18-16 I joined the Own The Store Club! Now I get to pay it forward! Thanks to everyone who helped me get here. You guys are amazing. ^_^ Love to you all!! <3

Looking to make the most of your Simpoints and maybe make some great friends along the way?

Check out the DD Rotation Thread for tips, tricks, tools and the whole DD rotation schedule.

Need a little help owning the store or want to help others? Head over to The Gifting Directory!
    @Jude525
    Ah.

@Tamaek
    Awe.. I hope 2017 will be a year that you miss :)

@simsfanatic9
    Welcome!
    23rif7.gif
    @Karnzter Thank you so much for the set! I really REALLY appreciate it! The only way I can get simpoints is through ads, so this is helping me BIG time. I will gift you back something small. Please tell me what you would like. I can only do 100 or less sadly... But please let me know. Thank you again!
    Also... You may want to double check your purchase history. I got the set twice. I just don't want you to be billed twice.
    @simsfanatic9 I tried to send you something but got an error from the page. *sigh* I'll try later from home and see if my Mac gets around it. But I do have some advice. (Imagine the rest being spoken gently. Texting doesn't allow nuance and I don't want you to perceive it as being scolded.)

Don't leave complete sets on your wishlist that you own pieces of. This way no one will gift you an entire set at full price that you already own part of. The case in point is Frontier Finds. You don't want someone paying 693 SP for the full set if you've already been gifted items worth a couple hundred points, reducing your CYS to something you can afford.

Also, another suggestion for making the wishlist manageable for gifters to use while keeping track of what you want is to keep your list in the shopping cart. Then, as you get space in your wishlist, move them into your wishlist. You can do this without too much pain by going to an item from the wishlist and clicking "Add to Cart" before going back and deleting it from the Wishlist. In the end your Cart looks like your Wishlist started out as. But always keep a list of items, a set, a venue and a world that you have no pieces of in the wishlist for the generous gifters to choose from.

I hope that makes sense and it helps.
    aka Jude

My Studio

• KarnzterKarnzter Posts: 105 Member
    edited January 2017
    You're most welcome, @simsfanatic9. You don't have to get me anything. I have almost all of the Store items except for the gold versions of Dragon Valley and Roaring Heights that can only be acquired through Origin (Store-based SimPoint purchase region restrictions Y U do this?) and the long-awaited When Worlds Collide Collection that I managed to reserve SimPoints (although I have all of the Sets contained on that collection, it wasn't eligible for the CYS discount so I'll just have to buy it. Too bad I missed the deal last December 11 D:).

The first one didn't push through because it took a very long time to confirm the gifting and I wasn't charged double after the second attempt went through.
    I'm in your Top 5s and Wishlists. Gifting you pretty stuff ;)

Proud complete Store catalogue owner since 2023 🎉

TS3 MyPage | Ursine family tree, currently four generations in
    Good day all, hope it's a great one
    XoMan4U.jpg
    23rif7.gif
  • AshleyMaryLoveAshleyMaryLove Posts: 61 Member
    AuzzPanda wrote: »
    Good day all, hope it's a great one
    XoMan4U.jpg

Same to you. Afternoon now though lol.
  • AshleyMaryLoveAshleyMaryLove Posts: 61 Member
    AuzzPanda wrote: »
    Same to you @AshleyMaryLove .
    I'm in love with your avis hair so much. I give it to all my sims haha.

@Jude525
    Hooray for the new you!

Oh thank you I found it on the exchange and i love it too. Always looking for a more diverse hair selection any suggestions of where to look?
  • KtarianKtarian Posts: 314 Member

Oh thank you I found it on the exchange and i love it too. Always looking for a more diverse hair selection any suggestions of where to look?

If you want Custom Content hair, I can give you several links. Or, are you looking for official EA hair styles?
  • pxelskiespxelskies Posts: 1,064 Member
    @AuzzPanda You're welcome! And that pic you posted is so awesome <3
    Jude525 wrote: »
    @MariTomKaulitZ I had mentioned setting up a new forum account in order to have a new name and someone suggested I message SimGuruDrake and ask for the change. I don't know if they hand out changes left and right or if you need to have a reasonable explanation. My prior user name was a mashup between my name and my ex-husband's, so I REALLY wanted a new ID. I already knew that no one can help me out with my Origin account name or Sims store/Online user ID, but at least here in the forums I was able to switch to something independent. I think it's a cool way to start the new year.

And now that I know I'm keeping this account I need to fix the glitch with my signature graphic.

Ah, I see! I can totally imagine you wanted a new name. Thank you for the information. :smiley:

First I would like to say thank you to @Ktarian for the betty blouse. I really appreciate it. If you would like a gift in return of 100 simpoints or less, please let me know.

Second, @Jude525. I did not take that as scolding at all. I will definitely do that. The other day I just wrote down the individual items I need from the sets that are not on Daily Deal. I put it all in a word document. I have like 5 other pages of lists and large set break downs and such for sets I needed. I've been working on it for like 3 months now. I had a lot of time at my old job. Anyway. Rant aside. I will definitely put the items I need on my wishlist instead. That makes more sense. Even little gifts help bring down the price of big sets. I'll probably leave the venues and non-CYS sets on my wishlist for big gifters. Those are a pain to get.

Third, @Karnzter. I totally know what you mean with When Worlds Collide. I only need 5 items from that set. And I plan on getting them through Futureshock Loft Collection which has CYS. Hopefully that will make When Worlds Collide and Final Frontier set free. It's so stupid though. Like same with Seeing Stars. It's the same as another set except it has ONE more item and costs like 400 points more or something. So annoying. Like if you make the mistake of buying the smaller set, you have to pay again for like all but 1 item to get Seeing Stars. I lucked out and got Seeing Stars on Daily Deal which made the other set free. When I get finish Futureshock Loft and the other 2 sets are not free, I'm calling EA and complaining to them about this! It is not right. They can make everything complete your set. They aren't going to lose a ton of money by doing that. I think they are losing more by NOT making everything CYS. Worlds need to be as well. I own like half of Buccaneer's Bounty but have to buy those items again when buying Barnacle Bay. Then with Aurora Skies... It's cheaper to actually buy the standard world and the learning center separate than buy the gold set. And I have the premium items from the learning center, but I can't get a discount because it's not CYS.
    Sorry for the rant... I get so heated with EA trying to rip off people trying to buy extra content from the Sims 3 store.