Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Renovation/Make-Over Mayhem Challenge! - Week 1 Winners have been posted!

123457...Next

Comments

• cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    Got you rec'd @Kgaff! Really nice layout and landscaping.

I hope you all have a happy holiday.
  • DolphineQDolphineQ Posts: 1,799 Member
    edited December 2016
    Happy Holidays, everyone! :)

Because of Christmas and busy times for everyone, I've decided to extend the duration of this Challenge, so it runs an extra week. Which means that your entries has to be in on January 1st, not tonight!
    It also means that the prizes will be DOUBLED (the BONUS prize too!), because it's a two week limit rather than a one-week limit and I wanted to give you all more time to fiddle with and toodle with your builds. And we all know that time is a rare commodity this time of year :).

I am loving what has come in so far, so keep'em coming! You have an extra week, you can do it! <3:smiley:
    Please share and support me in my work with rescue cats! https://www.gofundme.com/DolphineQCats

2rgmmvq.jpg
  • LucyenaLucyena Posts: 916 Member
    @Kgaff
    Your renovation is lovely! Rec'd, how every entry! :)

@DolphineQ
    I do not have any time for building this week... :(
  • HoplassHoplass Posts: 369 Member
    Hi everybody! I have been working on a building today, but it needs another look. I'm hoping to upload it tomorrow or saturday. It was really fun, I bought missing EP and SP in the Steam sale so this was a perfect opportunity to look at all the new stuff.

I almost picked Myrtle Bungalow @creativemetaphor ;) I really like the little tower you added, it makes it the renovation even more special.
    @Kgaff You really made it a sunny place. It also has a great beach-feel to it!
  • KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member
    I just went through and rec'd everyone!! I had an idea to start a new game in Sunset Valley and replace all the old houses with the renovated ones and see how it all turns out in the end! I know it will look 100% better than it does now <3
    My entry:

Before pictures of Americana, 442 Skyborough Blvd
    Screenshot-3_zpsqwzjmg29.jpg
    Screenshot-5_zps8j0ouvfa.jpg
    Screenshot-4_zpspucgnemi.jpg

Your name: Hoplass

Lot name and address in game: Americana, 442 Skyborough Blvd

Lot price before: Furnished 60.112

Lot price after: Furnished 98.244

World: Sunset valley

Link to thread with pictures/slideshow: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15424630/#Comment_15424630

Link to download: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9026707

Additional info:
    I decided to thake the Americana house on 442 Skyborough Blvd because when looking at the interior of this one, I only liked the pattern of the big bed on the top floor. That was about it ;). The outside looked fine to me so I did not make many changes there.

It was great fun! :D
    @Hoplass - Nice! I like redoing the Americana too! I love that new fencing and the redo. I got you rec'd.

@DolphineQ = I already had my submission last week that I did wrong for this week's submission, but I'm looking forward to the new challenge.

@Lucyena, it was a crazy, busy time with family here too. If I hadn't already submitted incorrectly earlier, I wouldn't have had time to finish one either.
  • creativemetaphorcreativemetaphor Posts: 1,543 Member
    Hoplass wrote: »
    I almost picked Myrtle Bungalow @creativemetaphor ;) I really like the little tower you added, it makes it the renovation even more special.

Thank you! I have a soft spot for Victorian styles. (okay, I'll be honest, I have a soft spot for most historic or cultural styles)
    Thanks @ciane !
    Is it too late to say happy new year? If not: Happy New year everyone! ;)
    I hope those kitties are all doing okay and you too, @DolphineQ! I hope everyone enjoyed the holidays and that things are looking up this new year.
    @Hoplass, great job on the Americana. I love the cosy kitchen. Rec'd of course! :)

@ciane, yes, the days before and after Christmas are always very busy. I've caught a flu and it is very cold there.
    Oh no, @Lucyena! That is terrible! I hope you feel better soon. It is very cold here too and getting colder. I lit a fire in the fireplace yesterday and think I'll light another today.
    @ciane, Thank you! It's getting better from day to day. Today we have 14° F but the night was very cold. It's winter! :)
    @Lucyena - I consider 14 degrees Fahrenheit to be very cold! Our temps drop to the teens at night but can warm up a lot more during the day thankfully! Stay warm and as healthy as possible!

I wonder what happened to DolphineQ. Those kitties must be having more problems and breaking her heart. Hugs Dolphine! Saving one is making a difference. You rock!
  • DolphineQDolphineQ Posts: 1,799 Member
    Hi everyone. I am sorry I have not checked in before, things here went really awry.
    Frederik, my sick fosterkitten ended up in the hospital and died. His sisters, Sunshine and Lilje got very sick from the same thing he had, but managed to pull through. And then I got slapped by some horribly news regarding my own health.
    I do not (some would say it's awesome) suffer from MS, as the doctors have thought and tested me for through the past few years.
    What I do have is something called ME (Myalgisk Encephalomyelitis), which is just about as nasty as it gets...
    Starting work with a neurologist and other health care professionals, to make sure I survive and can lead a semi functional life.

So, to what really matters in this thread:
    Because of my absense, everyone who has participated in the last contest gets a prize of 500 simpoints each, to spend as they see fit!
    I am gonna have to change things a bit, to a monthly event rather than a weekly, because of the issues ME causes. I hope that is going to be OK with everyone.

So..

@Hoplass - I am LOVING what you have done! The Master Bedroom especially really made me squee, it's so relaxing to look at and so cutely set up :).
    @creativemetaphor - Rosings Park is such a sweet little house. It's amazing how you have turned an ordinary building into a timeless, beautiful home. Your dining room is stunning and the kitchen has to be my favorite room! :)
    @Kgaff - Raggio del Sole is fantastic! The living room is awesome and the office is just... I would like to have an office like that i my real life apartment! :)

@ciane - I am here, just in a slightly more broken version than usual <3.

Since my brain is acting like mashed potatoes, I am going to comb through the thread this weekend, gets all the links put in right and get all names posted properly to the posts on page 1. I just got released from the hospital last night, so I am still a bit off and want to wait until the morphine clears out from my head :).

Big hugs to everyone - again, I am really sorry that I haven't been able to show up sooner, but my phone will not let me log in :/.

Please share and support me in my work with rescue cats! https://www.gofundme.com/DolphineQCats

2rgmmvq.jpg
  • creativemetaphorcreativemetaphor Posts: 1,543 Member
    I'm pretty sure we're all going to have the same reaction that you should be taking care of yourself and not worrying over this thread! I'm so very sorry to hear of your health problems and the loss of the dear kitty! :(

Contests and fun stuff can wait. Just make sure you're focusing your energies in the right directions!
    So sorry to hear about Fred and how sick his sisters were! Hugs!!! Also sorry you are having such medical problems. More hugs! A once a month challenge does seem like a better idea. Then most everyone will have time to join, I think.
  • KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member
    @DolphineQ So glad to hear from you again but also so very sorry about the reasons you were gone.

I agree that you should be spending your energies on yourself for the time being and not worry about us. I have no problem with a monthly challenge and I agree that maybe more people will join.

As for the 500 simpoints, please roll those over into the next challenge prize pool.