Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Adopt a Pet glitch - HELP!!

2...Next

Comments

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    justme303 wrote: »
    Im sorry but this makes no since to me as I cant find the MoveObject On when I am in testing cheats and I am having the issue above, can you post a screen shot ? so I can see
    You can pursue the suggestion the player provided if you really want to, but that was their first post on this forum and they haven't returned since. I'm going to repeat that using MoveObjects and testingcheats deletes on sims of any kind is a great way to break your game, not a safe way to get out of a stuck scenario.

If you cannot get into Edit Town, the solutions to get out of such situations are to use NRaas mods or revert play to a save from before all of this happened.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • justme303justme303 Posts: 3 New Member
    im sorry but i am kinda a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 lol, Can you please tell me that Nraas mods are and how to get them and if there has been any soulutions ?
  • justme303justme303 Posts: 3 New Member
    justme303 wrote: »
    im sorry but i am kinda a 🐸🐸🐸🐸** lol, Can you please tell me that Nraas mods are and how to get them and if there has been any soulutions ?

• SacerdotibusSacerdotibus Posts: 2 New Member
    Ok so I had this problem as well, tried everything listed here and more but the only thing that worked for me (to an extent, I'll explain shortly) was to

1. ctrl-shift c, motherlode until I had enough to buy another house (not needed if you are already rich).
    2. I purchased another house from the neighbourhood using the menu that pops up when you click an empty residence. Off my sim went to the town hall and purchased the house, and then went to the new home.
    3. I also sent the other family members "home" from the arrow on their box on the left.
    4. I then got the options to actually move house from computer and phone and, although I would *never" use it again, the option to once again adopt a pet was no longer greyed out either.

I said to some extent - the reason being, I have not been able to get any services to work yet, including maid, butler or police. I'm working on a way to reset this from nraas or similar but I've not resolved it yet, although I may well just move to another neighbourhood and see if it clears everything, now that I am able.

Hope this helps works for all those other frustrated folk!

edited December 2016
    The underlying solution, which I admit is no help once a player get stuck with this scenario, is to not use the phone to adopt children or pets but to use NRaas MasterController instead. The in-game child/pet social worker routines are fragile and prone to breakage.

The other way out is to revert to a save from before the call to adopt was made and continue from there.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • fakefake Posts: 613 Member
    Pet on lots great idea
  • Nikkibaby64Nikkibaby64 Posts: 1 New Member
    [Fixed] Pet Adoption Bug

My solution:

Create an event outside your property. (Open phone, select "Plan social event")
    Once you've loaded onto the new location, return home.
    This worked for me when I adopted a pet and could no longer save/build/buy.
    Hope this works for you! I was surprised it worked after searching for hours on the Internet for solutions.
    Good luck, fellow simmers!
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,280 Member
    [Fixed] Pet Adoption Bug

My solution:

Create an event outside your property. (Open phone, select "Plan social event")
    Once you've loaded onto the new location, return home.
    This worked for me when I adopted a pet and could no longer save/build/buy.
    Hope this works for you! I was surprised it worked after searching for hours on the Internet for solutions.
    Good luck, fellow simmers!

@Nikkibaby64, not sure if you're playing TS3 or TS4. But if it's TS4, then you might want to post this over in the TS4 section for others to see as this is an old TS3 thread from 2015 way before The Sims 4 Cats and Dogs came out... ;)
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/ts4-pack-discussions
    edited December 2018
    I've never heard of "Plan Social Event" on TS3. Yeah, I think we have a game version mismatch happening here. :/
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • EA_CianEA_Cian Posts: 1,359 EA Staff (retired)
    Since we appear to have a game mismatch and this thread's a Wii wee, bit old, I am going to close it. :smile:
    ~my hair color is frequently changing, so my Sim reflects that~

Have questions about necroposting? Check out our Necroposting thread.

Bugs/Issues should be posted on Answers HQ, learn more over on Update on The Sims 4 Help Center.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top