Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Custom Content

Custom Content is amazing let me know who you fav creators are and where you get your cc from :) mine are sims 3 community the exchange and now TSR
Pew-Pew-Kitty-clean_800x.jpg?v=1501003855

Comments

• StorietimeStorietime Posts: 249 Member
    I love CC, I honestly don't think I could play without content now. I spent hours browsing through TSR, my favourite creators there, just a few are SimCredible, Cashcraft, Lulu, Cyclonse (pretty sure I haven't spelled her name correctly).
    I also spend a lot of time on Tumblr too, you can search the tags for things like "sims 3 downloads" or "sims3cc". And there are CC-find tumblrs that reblog people's post with content. They are pretty awesome to dig through, I follow quite a few Find tumblrs.
  • HollyL73HollyL73 Posts: 1,452 Member
    I know a lot of people get their "clutter" and different CC from ATS (Around the Sims).
  • KaraStarsKaraStars Posts: 242 Member
    I like to get my CC from here http://sssvitlans.tumblr.com/sims3cc there's lots of stuff there which is why it's my favourite
    My CC
    KaraStars on the Gallery
  • YubellYubell Posts: 440 Member
    I really love getting my CC of the sims resource because the creators there create such great content and it's easy to find nice CC hair. My favourite CC hair makers are

Newsea
    Anto
    Cazy
    Nightcrawler_Sims
    Stealthic

These artists create great hair so I would recommend them c:
  • RachaadonnRachaadonn Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm having a problem with custom content and mods- Neither of them will show up in my game or even list when the game boots up. I've made sure they're enabled in settings, made sure they're not in subfolders in the mods folder as well as letting the game repair itself and regenerate the resource file. If anyone could help or has any suggestions it would be much appreicated
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    Rachaadonn wrote: »
    I'm having a problem with custom content and mods- Neither of them will show up in my game or even list when the game boots up. I've made sure they're enabled in settings, made sure they're not in subfolders in the mods folder as well as letting the game repair itself and regenerate the resource file. If anyone could help or has any suggestions it would be much appreicated

Hello
    Are you playing in Sims 3 or Sims 4?
    If you are playing in Sims 4, check to make sure that they aren't meant to be for sims 2 and 3.
    Try going back to the sites where you downloaded them from and see if other simmers are having issues also.
    Try removing the current cc/mods and downloading fresh new files and see if that helps,

If the issues remain, try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then add back the "options.ini" or "options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music "folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders that have the same name.
    Don't put back the old mods folder. Instead, place your cc/mods into the newly generated mods folder. Then test to see if that helps.
  • harrythecatmugharrythecatmug Posts: 4 New Member
    The sims resource mostly.
    aveirasims has some good stuff too.
  • AntidotesAntidotes Posts: 36 Member
    Mainly TSR, but trying to find new sites. I seem to find a bit more interesting CC in the "sims4 cc" tag on tumblr.
  • ErasimusErasimus Posts: 64 Member
    ^^^ This. Tumblr is my favorite resource for Sims 4 CC!
  • CandydCandyd Posts: 1,261 Member
    TSR, MTS, Tumblr, but I often try to google exactly what I want when I'm looking for something specific.
  • Plut0Plut0 Posts: 6 New Member
    I love, love CC. I usually go to Marigold (you can just search Marigold Sims -) for really cool clothes I often wish I actually owned in real life but TSR for hair. The only thing that is frustrating is when NPCs use the CC and it glitches out with them. I wish there was a way to turn off the NPCs using CC.
  • AngelEb95AngelEb95 Posts: 1,538 Member
    KaraStars wrote: »
    I like to get my CC from here http://sssvitlans.tumblr.com/sims3cc there's lots of stuff there which is why it's my favourite

I get my cc from there as well! I love how organized it is, makes it easier to find certain cc I have in mind
    attack-on-titan-attack-on-titan-s4.gif
  • herdarkpassengerherdarkpassenger Posts: 105 Member
    @AngelEb95 Is that Allen Walker from D.Gray-man in your signature??
  • AngelEb95AngelEb95 Posts: 1,538 Member
    @HERDARKPASSENGER No, it's Kaneki Ken from Tokyo Ghoul
    attack-on-titan-attack-on-titan-s4.gif
  • CoemgenusKCoemgenusK Posts: 211 Member
    My favorite would be (mostly from sims 3):
    Ephemera
    Regal Sims
    Lunasims
    Lemonleaf (S-Club)
    Newsea
    positively Epicurean
  • SimsJessSimsJess Posts: 8 New Member
    I love CC! I can create anything! :smiley: I downloaded a few CC's from some awesome creators like The Sims Resource, Mod The Sims, Tumblr, and other blog sites that I trust. There are some awesome works made by creators but it takes you to adfly. :disappointed:
  • LazysimmetteLazysimmette Posts: 4 New Member
    I'm getting a new computer, I was wondering how you can transfer all your CC to another computer or re download it via website that I can upload it all to, HELP !?
  • lillibattenberglillibattenberg Posts: 1,279 Member
    Back up your Sims folder (so everything transfers) onto a USB and then copy it back to Documents/Electronic Arts on the new computer. Everything, including your CC, should be there. Hope this helps! :)
    Jacob_Banner.png
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,403 Member
    edited October 2017
    I've taken to uploading my "stale" (more than an year old) photography up as CC. It makes great little wall-hangings for my Sims to stare at.

DSC_0039-Edit.jpg

Thanks to TSR Workshop and 6 hrs of beating my head against a wall (and a concussion later), I ended up with a wall hanging that I could be proud of in my Were-Sim's mansion. :D I'm 47 years old, my brain doesn't work as fast as it used to in my teens - not that it was any great shakes back then either. Dem new fangled computer thingamajiggys...confuse the tarnation outta me.

Screenshot-6.jpg

And even better, I don't have to circumvent copyright laws in using my OWN photography.

GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • JosieAnglinJosieAnglin Posts: 591 Member
    I've never gotten into CC. Commenting so I don't lose this page, maybe I'll get into it?
  • jonluke32jonluke32 Posts: 98 Member
    Does anybody watch "The Good Witch" with Catherine Bell on the Hallmark Channel? Have there been any sims made for of that show? I've been looking everywhere for the Town of Middleton, Grey House, etc.
    @jonluke32 What are you looking for TS3 or TS4? Yes, and she got most of her fame from "JAG" and Army Wives. :D

http://modthesims.info/d/469353 - TS3 by Audrey

Unfortunately I haven't seen any for TS4.

GYZ6Ak9.png
    edited December 2017
    Sims Navy sims.

Navy Sims: Harmon Rabb Jr. Toshio Nakamura, and James Pointer in happier times.
    Screenshot-5.jpgScreenshot-6.jpgScreenshot-7.jpgScreenshot-8.jpg

Had to work on the overlay in TSR Workshop to get the officer's hats looking decent.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • ShadyboopShadyboop Posts: 6,751 Member
    anyone got self harm scars for the sims 3? I need it for my simself
    I prefer Shade than Shady
  • ForkySporkyForkySporky Posts: 91 Member
    Shadyboop wrote: »
    anyone got self harm scars for the sims 3? I need it for my simself

Oh, that's a good question. I'll keep an eye out, for sure.