Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I wish sims could die of illness in sims 4

that would just be so cool
more for sim kids and more drama please

Comments

• Clk1143Clk1143 Posts: 1,014 Member
    Depends on what you mean by "illness?" Some things like cancer I would find to be too controversial, but maybe a sim made up disease. I would also like the option of being able to cure it, for those who do not like death by illness, but if left alone for too long then sim can die.
  • zkettellzkettell Posts: 33 Member
    SAME FAM!!
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Clk1143 wrote: »
    Depends on what you mean by "illness?" Some things like cancer I would find to be too controversial, but maybe a sim made up disease. I would also like the option of being able to cure it, for those who do not like death by illness, but if left alone for too long then sim can die.

I meant something like in sims 2 where they could die of illness or they could get better with bed rest or soup
    of course not cancer I don't think anyone would like that :/
  • Sims_4funnSims_4funn Posts: 103 Member
    Awesome idea! Would really make the game "sim" reality. I love it. Hope the devs add this ability.
    me to
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    No i fully disagree with this idea clearly a feature i do not went to see in game
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited December 2016
    Same! Sad GTW didn't get this feature, because it kind of should.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Same. The GTW illnesses are so lame because they don't do anything and sims get better in like two days even if they ignore it completely. I'd like a few of the illnesses to be able to kill a sim if left untreated.
    That Giggly sickness can build up to a point where it kills them of playfulness, the Measles-like sickness can make them die etc. Some sicknesses could even have special cures, some of which can be bought and others must be made from ingredients found in the world for a bit of a challenge.
    Same. The GTW illnesses are so lame because they don't do anything and sims get better in like two days even if they ignore it completely. I'd like a few of the illnesses to be able to kill a sim if left untreated.
    That Giggly sickness can build up to a point where it kills them of playfulness, the Measles-like sickness can make them die etc. Some sicknesses could even have special cures, some of which can be bought and others must be made from ingredients found in the world for a bit of a challenge.

now that would be really fun
  • Autumn_CatsAutumn_Cats Posts: 347 Member
    This would be really helpful for the history challenges. Well if you got a illness and never got anything there is a small chance of dying and I need that in my game!
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I don't know about illnesses killing Sims, but if you don't do anything - like you've got a cold and you keep partying and drinking - then it shouldn't get better all by itself. If you don't treat it, it should get worse.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • AutumnBladenAutumnBladen Posts: 295 Member
    I like the idea of it being a sickness the die from if they don't treat it with the in game medicine they already have or maybe got to the hospital.
    me to
  • NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    That's probably something I would mod out if they introduce it, illness tend to spread a lot when playing rotational. It's already a pain when it turns into an epidemy but it would be even worse if they could die from it. So I wouldn't be interested in that.
  • dg51829dg51829 Posts: 300 Member
    I would love this feature. I would consider even cancer into the game. I'd love to see more consequences for actions. If all your sim does is sit all day watch TV and eat bad foods they should be at risk of certain illnesses. However like the last post I wouldn't want it created by EA but a mod. I think a player should have a certain control over it. Say if they don't want cancers in their game or they want to limit what ages can get a certain disease. Only a mod can allow for that level of control in game right now.
    I would like it if the sims could take care of each other when one of them gets sick
    like putting a cold cloth on there head or making soap for them or telling them they should go to bed
    and I would really like it if they could take care of there kids when there sick
  • JDSimzJDSimz Posts: 791 Member
    Clk1143 wrote: »

I agree, it should be something sim-made, to avoid being controversial. It does seem like a good idea though, as it's more realistic that way. :)
    Origin ID: ducklansimming
    "I am ready to face any challenge that might be foolish enough to face me."
    tenor.gif?itemid=9963762
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Neia wrote: »
    That's probably something I would mod out if they introduce it, illness tend to spread a lot when playing rotational. It's already a pain when it turns into an epidemy but it would be even worse if they could die from it. So I wouldn't be interested in that.

How did you handle it in The Sims and The Sims 2? I bet those townie Sims were a pain since it was hard to find which one was spreading the flu , and or for TS1, did you just skip the hamsters in TS1?
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    No i fully disagree with this idea clearly a feature i do not went to see in game

In 1 or 2 your didn't have to die. All you need to do is take care of them.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
    I also think it would be nice if they had thermometers they could use at home
    and children's medicine
  • PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    edited January 2017
    This so much! This game needs more consequences! Right now sims can ignore their illness and just get on with their lives. They are magically cured after a few hours.

I wish it worked like it did in the Sims 2 where sims could die of untreated illness. The other day I was playing theTs2. Bob caught a cold, but he couldn't rest properly (because 1. he was working is butt off to buy Brandi a bed; and 2.Brandi didn't have a bed so she slept with Betty and Bob slept on the sofa). Bob was dead a few days later! It certainly spiced up my game because I was not expecting it!
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    This so much! This game needs more consequences! Right now sims can ignore their illness and just get on with their lives. They are magically cured after a few hours.

I wish it worked like it did in the Sims 2 where sims could die of untreated illness. The other day I was playing theTs2. Bob caught a cold, but he couldn't rest properly (because 1. he was working is butt off to buy Brandi a bed; and 2.Brandi didn't have a bed so she slept with Betty and Bob slept on the sofa). Bob was dead a few days later! It certainly spiced up my game because I was not expecting it!

in my opinion there is nothing wrong with illness curing themselves after a few hours i clearly like that feature and would not went to change that and as a simmer ilness is not something i went to see in game if my sims get sick i make sure they heal and rest.
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    edited January 2017
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Neia wrote: »

How did you handle it in The Sims and The Sims 2? I bet those townie Sims were a pain since it was hard to find which one was spreading the flu , and or for TS1, did you just skip the hamsters in TS1?

It was a pain. I had epidemics too, downloaded a CC medicine cabinet that cured the illness and spent a lot of time loading every single lot to put the CC cabinet and cure my Sims (and I had around a thousand households with long loading times each). Definitely not my idea of fun. One of my worst memory of TS2, and one of my most disliked feature too, though not the only one.
  • PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member

in my opinion there is nothing wrong with illness curing themselves after a few hours i clearly like that feature and would not went to change that and as a simmer ilness is not something i went to see in game if my sims get sick i make sure they heal and rest.

Even if illnesses were deadly, you'd be able to cure your sim using medicine. So your gameplay shouldn't be affected. I just want more consequences so this game isn't happy la la land all the time.