Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Getting the butler to cook

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
    Does the butler do a good job of taking care of him/herself?
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    Does the butler do a good job of taking care of him/herself?

I think their need decay is disabled apart from energy. When I fired one all his needs tanked immediately so he peed himself and acted as if he was a walking zombie lol. Poor guy, getting fired is tough!
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    magooo63magooo63 Posts: 360 Member
    90% of the time it has to do with CC or mods. An earlier reply by rosemow is absolutely the right call for your situation. Doing this can seem hard or confusing, but its really not that hard. first, to see if it is even mod related problem, go to options while in your game and disable mods, and restart your game. When you go back into the game, the cooking feature will probably be there. then, go to options and click mods back on and exit game. Now go to your mod folder within the Sims 4 folder and pull out a few mods at a time, reload your game and see if cooking is available. If it is than one of the files you pulled out is conflicting with the game. pull out more mods if first set were not conflicting. This could be a little tedious, but once you find it, your good. It's the price we pay for loving and using mods!!!
  • Options
    LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,828 Member
    My bulter cooks but i hope they patch it so that he'll prepare the proper meals for the time of day
  • Options
    CrazyboutTheSimsCrazyboutTheSims Posts: 2,739 Member
    yes that would be nice if the butler would cook the proper meals for the time of day.. I also would like it if they put away the food. I don't have a problem with my butler cooking
  • Options
    Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    My butler cooks and I like having to request it of him- that way if I have a culinary sim that wants to cook I can have them prepare the meal instead and not have wasted food.
  • Options
    frogkiss1frogkiss1 Posts: 248 Member
    I wish I had this problem mone won't stop cooking
  • Options
    simplyzoesimplyzoe Posts: 428 Member
    DeadFishy wrote: »
    Hmm.. So why don't I have this? Do I need a special fridge?

Does he come with a cooking skill point? Could that be it?
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    I'm finding that my sim has to be in the same room as the butler to ask him to cook, otherwise the meal is paid for, and the butler goes off and does something other than cooking.

I have no CC nor mods, so it's not that causing a conflict.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    DeadFishyDeadFishy Posts: 2,762 Member
    Same room doesn't seem to work. I tried the caterer's and they came and cooked all day long. Butlers don't have to have a high skill level that I know of. Not to cook, maybe to make certain meals.
    Go Raps!
    canada-flag-tiny.gif
  • Options
    Cyberqueen13Cyberqueen13 Posts: 2,835 Member
    I just solved the problem. #1 make sure you have an empty counter available and #2 it has to be an EA counter. I still use cc counters, but I added an EA counter and that's the one the butler uses to give the player the option to have him cook.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    I just solved the problem. #1 make sure you have an empty counter available and #2 it has to be an EA counter. I still use cc counters, but I added an EA counter and that's the one the butler uses to give the player the option to have him cook.

Hello
    Thankyou for your helpful suggestions :) They will help other simmers who are having this issue.
  • Options
    pandie00pandie00 Posts: 590 Member
    Ty so much @Cyberqueen13 I have this problem too... in some houses.. Going to try it right now! ty ty
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” - Will Wright.

12-01-2017 <3
    Rebuilding Genetics Family Tree

My Tumblr : pandie4sims.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    StendStend Posts: 5 New Member
    mine has been cooking food nonstop lmao

This! I want mine to stop it! So much food, everywhere. And my sim is a Vampire :'D Arg!
  • Options
    AdeleynaAdeleyna Posts: 37 Member
    Butler has the option but he ignores me when I ask him to.
  • Options
    taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    I'd like to know how get my butler to STOP cooking. They cook meal after meal after meal, and my sim can't eat it all so the food spoils.
  • Options
    Livin in SimLivin in Sim Posts: 1,145 Member
    taydev wrote: »
    I'd like to know how get my butler to STOP cooking. They cook meal after meal after meal, and my sim can't eat it all so the food spoils.

Make sure you have testingcheats on (open cheat window with Ctrl Shift C, type in cheat window). Shift-click on the Butler, select Reset Sim, should work. I use it whenever needed to make Sims "STAHP" whatever behavior that does not align with My Will. :D
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited July 2017
    DeadFishy wrote: »
    Cooking doesn't appear in his duties. Just gardening, minors, cleaning and fixing. And maybe attending to guests.

You don't click on the butler but the Sim in control, right? I can't remember or is it vice versa?

oops, I see this thread OP made is Dec. 2016..guess they figured it out.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    WisdawnWisdawn Posts: 5 New Member
    I can confirm that I had this problem and solved it indefinitely. First, the Butler sometimes cooked just by himself, but not always, and there were long times without food in the fridge or on any of the counters, and he still didn't cook until it was too late. Secondly, I resolved the issue by buying a pure default fridge and a stove, avoiding any custom content, mods, or even fridges and stoves from the expansions that I have installed. When I did this, returned to live mode, and waited a few seconds, I was suddenly able to ask the Butler to Cook Meal, Family Meal, or Party Meal, the options that charge money.

Later on, I can put either the stove or the fridge in the family inventory, then experiment by adding an improved one that uses an expansion or whatever until I can pinpoint what works and what doesn't. For now, though, I know that if I use everything from the default, original game, things work just fine.
  • Options
    TantienTantien Posts: 6 New Member
    I had just started replaying a game that I hadn't touched in 2 years. As a habit, I don't install mods, but thought there might be something that came in or that was buggy. I deleted everything in my kitchen and rebought everything (luckily, this sim is rich). It worked. I was able to get my butler to cook. ;)
  • Options
    AssimuloAssimulo Posts: 1,322 Member
    That's weird. My butlers cook all the time.
  • Options
    EA_JozEA_Joz Posts: 3,164 EA Staff (retired)
    Hello everyone, please remember that necroposting is against the rules. I've gone ahead and closed the thread.

Please review our Posting Rules & Guidelines here:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/forum-rules

~EA_Joz
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top