Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Daily Deal (DD) 2018 Rotation List and Sales Help

Comments

• Me1620Me1620 Posts: 4,994 Member
    @Despina53 - LOL. In my head I read the 53 as your age when you signed up.

@scillakees - Thanks. Well, I guess then, if I ever have to reinstall, I either don't install Diesel or take the plunge and go for 1.69
    a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
    edited December 2016
    Me1620 wrote: »
    The start time for the deals has changed again. Deals are starting at 4 minutes after the hour. This is because the deals are not 2 hours as they have been for OVER TWO YEARS! When deal 955 started its duration was 2 hours and 25 seconds!!

The extra 25 seconds per deal explains why the time keeps shifting.

ETA - The above should be "the deals are not 1, 2 or 3 hours"

So, I have a test spreadsheet for the DD basing the duration of the deals in seconds. Before I tinker with the DD spreadsheet, I want to watch the time of the deals. Here is the link to the test spreadsheet.

I plan on posting a discussion on this and will send a notification to some Simgurus. Maybe they can pass on a message to the Sims 3 website team to stop messing with the Sims 3 site.

In the 7 years since the daily deal has been offered, I only recall the duration of the deals to be offered in whole hours (ie - no minutes or seconds).

If you would like to help with my test, you can confirm the duration of the deal when the deals change over.

What effect will 25 seconds make?
    The DD spreadsheet shows deal 977 of the next rotation will start on Mar/17/17 at 6:01 AM. (I have not adjusted the time to the current 4 minute after the hour start.)

The test spreadsheet shows deal 977 of the next rotation will start on Mar/18/17 at 9:58 AM.

Well, at least the deals are not 25 seconds shorter or that would cause people to miss the deals as they would start a bit earlier each time.
    Post edited by Me1620 on

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • angeljess26angeljess26 Posts: 2,400 Member
    @me1620 I did notice a couple of deals with a few seconds over the hour, didn't actually see the deal change over though
    As of April 24th 2015 I joined the own the store club. Thank you to those who helped in my journey.
    DD spreadsheet

Studio
    edited December 2016
    @angeljess26 - Thanks for confirming. The current deal appears to end at 3 hours even, since the end of the last deal, but I missed when it changed over.

Edit to add - Once Upon a Time Cottage- Just Right Dining Chair began with 2 hours and 12 seconds.
    Post edited by Me1620 on

• ajaxpostajaxpost Posts: 4,200 Member
    Cadh20000 wrote: »
    Any you get on Steam can then be registered on your Sims 3 Store account and then used on Origin, or just left on Steam if you prefer that. Btw, Steam version of TS3 is still at version 1.67 instead of the mostly hated 1.69. However you can't buy EP or SP on Steam unless you have also bought the base game through Steam so it is on your account there. Of course that would only be $5 more so it may be worth it if you are getting much there.
    elphieluvr wrote: »
    @JovialJoy if you're asking if you can play with the base game on Steam and expansions on Origin or vice versa, the answer is no. But when you buy an EA game from Steam, you get a product registration key upon installation. This key can be linked to your Origin account, and you will then own the game in Origin as well. You'll be able to download it just the same as if you bought in the Origin store. That's how I completed my collection during the Steam summer sale.
    Thank you both for helping to clear up the Steam/Origin question - I knew someone had explained how it worked but I could never remember, thank you for stepping in. :star::star:

JovialJoy wrote: »
    ajaxpost wrote: »
    And of course the new Amazon hit, The Man In The High Castle.

I just finished season two of The man in the High Castle! Even though it came out ... like what ... a week ago? :D Haha...
    Oops :blush:

I'm still only half-way through the first series! :(
    There's so much good stuff available and I'm quite a 'lazy' viewer and thought the first few episodes were quite "dense" (even with our lovely Rupert Evans ;)) so put it off while there was 'easier' stuff to watch. But, you've shamed me into it and I shall finish it soon! :)

JoeJude16 wrote: »
    WOW! I'm gone for a little while getting ready for Christmas and BAM the board goes nuts! I don't even know were to begin. Except to say, quotes are not gonna happen, so just try to keep up:
    1. I think it's hysterical that PKD's full name became Phillip K Plum
    2. I guess the reason I thought I was an elder here is because the young'ns have been sharing so much about their school and job hunting adventures
    3. @ZeeGee, I'm sorry about your disappointment, but I actually got excited when I found out that our little Brit played on my team :D regardless that it has no effect on my chances with him
    4. The dollhouse/Barbies analogy is nothing new to me. I specifically remember trying to describe the game to a friend many years back (original SIms) and finally saying "it's a dollhouse." THAT he understood
    5. It's a clear statement of just how busy I've been that I HAVEN'T binged on Man in the High Castle yet, nor even seen a single episode yet! Joy, I'm only half way through the book, but there are some interesting differences already. Of course, the book wasn't written with the intent to keep itself open to additional seasons.
    6. I realize that the reason I've been going "off topic" is because I have so few purchases to talk about lately, but hate the idea of just sitting around not talking with y'all.
    So, if I may ...

1. Yep, didn't spot that at first (should've known!)
    2. It's OK dear, don't worry, you are old! ;)
    5. See above :) It's so long ago (when I was young!) that I last read the book I've quite forgotten it all. :(
    6. Oh yes, going off-topic is how we've kept this lovely thread lively through the years. :)

ZeeGee wrote: »
    @ajaxpost I love Total Recall! Looking forward to discovering a new author.
    GReat to hear, love discovering new and unexpected delights on t'Internet. He certainly had a unique and fascinating perspective on the world and it's possible futures.
    Me1620 wrote: »
    The start time for the deals has changed again. Deals are starting at 4 minutes after the hour. This is because the deals are not 2 hours as they have been for OVER TWO YEARS! When deal 955 started its duration was 2 hours and 25 seconds!!

The extra 25 seconds per deal explains why the time keeps shifting.
    Doh! It's amazing that even now, the Store can still do the unexpected! Thank you so much for your continued attention to the DD. :star:

ZeeGee wrote: »
    Cause I needed a video for closing credits. That's Scilla Kees in the background laughing her plum off :D She is a contrary sim as she will do what she's told but the minute my back is turned she's sneaking out. :worried:
    @Me1620 @mothersuperior2 @charlotteprice @scillakees
    Love seeing our Sim friends out and about in new and exciting places. Great photo! :smiley:

And finally, I shall be offline for a few days while I visit family so, whatever you do over this next week, I wish every one of all the happiness and love you can handle.

2c3b92f9b32252ead4807a9774befebe.jpg
    Merry Christmas from Australia, it is the very early hours of Christmas Day here (like 1am :) )
    As of April 24th 2015 I joined the own the store club. Thank you to those who helped in my journey.
    DD spreadsheet

Studio
    @Me1620 Contemporary comfort bedroom started at 5 minutes past the hour with a total time of 2:01:05 but on my screen the last deal had 57 seconds left hopefully it just needed to refresh for that and didn't end slightly early.
    Goodnight
    DD spreadsheet

Studio
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    OOPS. That post was supposed to go in my catwalk thread. When I didn't see it over there this morning I thought it had gone into the land of 'held for review' posts. But here it is. :blush:

Thanks, Adrian and Jodi. :)
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    Merry Christmas. Hope everyone has a lovely one.
    @Me1620 looks like the two elements sink would had started at 6 minutes past the hour didn't see it switch. And yes I'm looking at the DD while family is here for Christmas lol. Waiting on more people to get here so being social while not being social by being on my iPad.
    DD spreadsheet

Studio
  • JovialJoyJovialJoy Posts: 251 Member
    edited December 2016
    Hope everyone had a warm and cheery first night of Chanukkah or a merry Christmas eve ... or day--depending on where you live! @angeljess26 <3<3<3
    Post edited by JovialJoy on
    My Top Five | My Wishlist

If you aren't already stalking the Daily Deals, you should be! Visit these threads to get Store items and Sets with the greatest possible discounts:
    DAILY DEAL (DD) ROTATION AND SALES HELP
    CASCADES & DAILY DEALS- GETTING THE BEST BANG FOR YOUR SP
    FREE ITEMS FROM "THE SIMS 3 STORE"
    edited December 2016
    @JovialJoy Thanks. Warm is right lol it's summer here and proving it today. It's about 38C (100F) here right now.
    Sitting at home watching It's a wonderful life now.
    DD spreadsheet

Studio
  • JennyferLxJennyferLx Posts: 87 Member
    Thought I'd stop by before I go to sleep (I'm nightshift at the mo) & wish everyone a Merry Christmas. Hope you are all having/will have a great day :smiley:
    <3
  • elphieluvrelphieluvr Posts: 119 Member
    edited December 2016
    Happy holidays everyone! :smiley:
    I'm Leila, but I also answer to Elphie.
    Wishlist
  • Dame_Judi_DenchDame_Judi_Dench Posts: 55 Member
    Merry Christmas everyone!! This 'Santa" just finished wrapping everything... SLEEP!!
  • neenahhhneenahhh Posts: 130 Member
    Merry Christmas, guys! :heart: Hope y'all are eating to your heart's content. :wink:
    Hi, I'm Nina! | WishlistTop 5 | Currently on a mission | Daily DealsCascades
    o02kvr.png
    "You've turned out to be the first doctor ever actually to make a difference to my life."
    @Me1620 imperial bedroom zen started at 6 minutes past the hour with a total time of 2:00:17. O bandeau had like 20 seconds remaining on the clock too.
    Just a reminder sunlit tides is up in 2 hours.
    DD spreadsheet

Studio
    neenahhh wrote: »
    Merry Christmas, guys! :heart: Hope y'all are eating to your heart's content. :wink:
    Did that lol now it's bed time. Night all hope you had/ are having a great day.
    DD spreadsheet

Studio
  • Cadh20000Cadh20000 Posts: 730 Member
    @all I hope you all are having a very Merry Christmas!
    My current Wishlist.
    My "Studio"

b736bb84-7241-48b2-94de-d977df09cdb3.png
  • Odonata68Odonata68 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Merry Christmas everyone! :)
  • SweetJealousySweetJealousy Posts: 362 Member
    Merry Christmas! And thank you for Sunlit Tides, Sims 3 store. XD
  • JovialJoyJovialJoy Posts: 251 Member
    edited December 2016
    I was just going to ask ... so is everyone out buying Sunlit Tides right now? I picked up mine!

And I had a couple of Chanukkah miracles! :p

I just glanced at Christmas week. Ouch! There are THREE big ticket items and several green sets! I'm afraid to do the calculations. :D

*Updated: Choke! I just did it. :s And if I can actually manage to swing this, it will be the most I've ever spent in one week on the Daily Deals. <drum roll> Edd informed I need a whopping 4383 SimPoints to pick everything up! Half of those points are from deals that occur on the day after Christmas alone! :o

My Christmas week CYS was whittled down to 2668 SPs! That's thanks to the generous Simmers on these forums! And although I had more than enough to pick up Sunlit Tides, I was about a couple hundred away from being able to pick up everything else I needed on the DD this week. But I just now farmed enough points to get the rest! Yay!
    My Top Five | My Wishlist

If you aren't already stalking the Daily Deals, you should be! Visit these threads to get Store items and Sets with the greatest possible discounts:
  • mycami21mycami21 Posts: 752 Member
    I was just going to ask ... so is everyone out buying Sunlit Tides right now? I picked up mine!

I was fortunate enough to get Sunlit Tides the last time it came on DD. I had to get up early to get but it was worth it. Glad to hear you were able to pick it up today and farm enough points for some of the other things you want. :smile:
    Daily Deal Thread
    What Happened in your game today? 1000 plus pages strong.

Pictures and descriptions of the Clue characters and of Boddy mansion I created can be found here

Stephen and Sakura's Werewolf/building challenge

My Studio
  • rnrameyrnramey Posts: 3,081 Member
    Merry Christmas everyone!
    Call me Regina. My Page Proud member of the "Own the store" club! :D

• despina53despina53 Posts: 1,654 Member
    To echo Regina ( @rnramey ), Merry Christmas everyone! :smiley:
    Call me Dee :p
    Proud member of the "Own The Store Club"

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file