Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Novel Idea! Reading Circle B

Comments

• Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    There are several phrases in these questions I'm not sure I understand correctly, but I'll do my best.

#1 Which character would get wasted at a holiday party and end up hum.ping the Christmas tree?
    Thomas Nightshade. Because Kellie was oblivious to his attepts to seduce her and he didn't get any. Again!

#2 Which character deserves to get the cra.p beaten out of ‘em by the Krampus?
    Hm, let me think. Max Caliente. Yeah, he's a sleaze*bag.

#3 Which character is the Grinch this year?
    Thomas again. He's so frustrated that he's no fun. :)

#4 Which character would try to get a little too friendly while sitting on Santa’s lap?
    None of my characters. But Tony would probably do something to him for being seemingly too friendly with the kids.

#5 Who would your antagonist most like to tongue beneath the mistletoe?
    Antagonist? You mean like villain? The villains in my story are mostly old men (Lien, Michael), I don't want to think of them like that, ugh. But Max Caliente is probably still having dreams about himself and Kellie. (Now I can't unsee the picture, thank you very much!)

#6 Which character would accidentally tip the menorah and light the house on fire?
    Maybe Celeste. But she would do it on purpose because her siblings were having a heated discussion again making her the subject of their argument. Yeah, she would totally burn the house.

#7 Which character is most likely to bring magic brownies to a holiday party?
    Terry Mitchel. "Hello, Kellie. I'm just dropping by to wish you a happy holiday and here are some cookies. No, I didn't bake them myself. My sister did."

#8 Which character is most likely to ring in the new year naked? And why the plum are they naked in the first place?
    Raven could do that, but very gracefully and for Chris' eyes only.

#9 Which character is absolutely kidding themselves by insisting they belong on the nice list?
    Right now Chris Heffner. The darkness in him grows. He thinks the uniform automatically makes him a good guy. But he will cause a lot of pain.

And Thomas Nightshade is not the cute teenager anymore either. Working for his father is changing him. He tasted the power.

#10 Which characters would readers be most shocked to find on the naughty list?
    Not sure it is shocking enough, but the chief of police has some dark secrets. ;)
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
    edited December 2016
    Questions answered for @VIRTUALEE

1. For those of you that have followed the original CB story and now are caught up to the prequel, I am wondering if the supernatural aspects of the story are TOO much.
    At first when I saw the laser beams coming out of Tati's eyes I thought it was too much, because I didn't expect the story to go that way. But I got used to it. It is rather funny now, how Tati's powers trigger accidentaly. :)

2. Piggy backing off of the last question, was the ‘Lore’ of this story too complicated? How would you have simplified it?
    It may seem so when you are waiting for the next episode and forget what was in the previous one. I'm planning to watch/read everything again to refresh my memory.

3. I do love me some serious twists and turns in these stories, what has been your favorite twist thus far and why?
    I was blown away when the Goths house burned down. I'm still wondering who did it. That was very unexpected and dramatic. Also the revelation who Tati's mother was made my jaw drop. Awesome twist indeed.

4. Do you have any speculations on where this story is going?
    Well, there's the curse and we know Humberto will be born in the future. So Enrique and Tati are going to end up together somehow, probably only for a while. I'm really curious how it will play out and if they get involved accidentally or deliberately and if the curse is also responsible for it somehow.

5. Any favorite CB characters so far? Any you just can’t read yet and would like to know more of?
    I really like Morti. I secretly ship him with Tati. Not Enrique but Morti. Don't know why. :) I would also love to read/see more of the townies because I was so looking forward to their stories when I saw them teenificated/teenified (what kind of word is that anyway? :) )

6. The ‘teenification’ of the townies was a huge risk, do you think I was able to pull it off and make them believable?
    I think we haven't seen them enough except for Bella and Mort and those two are perfect. I love how you write them.

7. Any recommendations or questions you would like to share?
    I have to admit I want to see Tati interact more with other teenagers. She spends a lot of time at home.
    heffners_orig.jpg
  • JellysimwichJellysimwich Posts: 778 Member
    Happy holidays! xx Just a fast update; here's Life Is season finale chapter 16 <3
  • Spottydog714Spottydog714 Posts: 2,518 Member
    Qs for @VIRTUALEE

Where did you get the idea for the CB series from?

What made you want to write a prequel?

Which character is the most fun to write?

Since you do video stories, how do the words go from paper to voice?

Which is your favourite chapter so far?
    EkpFDaf.png
    Stories: Looking For Mum's Murderer | The Bachelorette | Fifteen
  • VIRTUALEEVIRTUALEE Posts: 2,507 Member
    Qs for @VIRTUALEE

Where did you get the idea for the CB series from?

What made you want to write a prequel?

Which character is the most fun to write?

Since you do video stories, how do the words go from paper to voice?

Which is your favourite chapter so far?

Thank you Spotty and @Maladi777 for responding thus far!

I got the idea for CB playing with CAS. I eventually was inspired for the prequel because CB was ending and I wanted more of the story for myself. Humberto's mother was the perfect candidate as she was so interesting. I mean who doesn't want to know about her psychic prowess and past with the reaper?! lol. My favorite character to write about has been Celeste and Adriel in tandem - they are so unique in a cliche's sort of way. (Wait wass that sentence an oxymoron?) I wrote the prequel all out in a matter of a week 40ish chapters, so the voices became real in my head as I wrote each chapter and developed the story line. I knew Juliette (Maimi) would be french, and Adriel would have a British accent. I knew Enrique had to be spanish simply because Humberto in the original story is. It was a story that was itching to be birthed to paper and it was amazingly effortless to carry out (now if only screenshotting were as easy hehe). My favorite chapters are absolutely linked to the lore of the story. I love things of the past and imagining what 'heaven' would be like so merging the two themes together was a dream for me.

Thanks again for the questions Spotty!

I am leaving for out of town AGAIN today soooo I will chat with you all upon my return - in the meantime HAPPIEST OF HOLIDAYS HUGS
  • SterretjeeeSterretjeee Posts: 3,019 Member
    swcheppes wrote: »
    OU0msya.jpg
    swcheppes wrote: »
    Sorry for the delay I'll take 7!
    @swcheppes The picture is amazing! Love it <3
    And I'll set you up for 7, can't wait to see him! ;)
    VIRTUALEE wrote: »
    @Sterretjeee Meet Poppy - our geeky, nerdy quirky head of the school newspaper. This wallflower only feels comfortable around her fellow peers at the newspaper department. It's the only place she can be herself.
    12-19-16_9-42-45PM_zpstfuhjru6.png
    @VIRTUALEE Poppy is amazing! Thank you so much! Can't wait to play her <3
    Marialein wrote: »
    So I made something special. I got the idea when I made the cover for @Sterretjeee 's Farrahs book "The Butterfly Effect". It is a magazine with some of the most known sim made books, films and games. It is called We love!

The articles have MAJOR SPOILERS of @Sterretjeee Grace - A build Newcrest story, @pammiechick Day and Knight, @CitizenErased14 Dust to Dust and Ashes to Ashes, @Maladi777 Heffner Legacy
    It contains also a reference to @JoieWilder Thoreau legacy but this one is not spoiling because nearly everything in this article is just fictitious
    of me.

If you are one of the mentioned above, please feel free to post the articles with your story / the story of your sims on your thread. If you want to do that please link to this comment if anyone is interested in reading the full version :)
    @Marialein I think it's absolutely amazing that you posted this! It's so amazing! <3
    Will post it on my thread soon!
    Leeuska1 wrote: »
    Dear Ladies, you are all very talented :-)
    @swcheppes thank you for your beautiful picture :-)
    I guess I have today for you another poster for Advent calendar, enjoy ;)

Thanks to Colores Urbanos for cc.

[/tumblr_oijd031RFX1w0q8suo1_540.jpg
    spoiler]
    @Leeuska1 Love it! We look so fancy!
    Maladi777 wrote: »
    I just took this picture and had to share it with you. However, you'll have to wait to learn what Tony is telling Marialein, because next coming up will be Spotty's date. But don't worry, you'll see glimpses of Tony anyway.
    image.png
    @Maladi777 Darn, keep those pictures coming :lol:
    VIRTUALEE wrote: »
    A GINORMOUS CONGRATS TO TWO OF OUR FINEST!! You were given a shout out in SimsVIP today!!!!: https://simsvip.com/2016/12/21/sims-4-best-simlit-legacy-stories/
    @Sterretjeee @Maladi777 !! <3
    lisabee2 wrote: »
    <3@Sterretjeee and @Maladi777 .. love that you got featured in Sims VIP .. that is wonderful!! <3<3<3
    @Sterretjeee and @Maladi777 You guys are awesome!

@VIRTUALEE @lisabee2 @Spottydog714 Thank you guys! I'm literally squealing!
    @VIRTUALEE

1. For those of you that have followed the original CB story and now are caught up to the prequel, I am wondering if the supernatural aspects of the story are TOO much.
    Absolutely not, poor Kali was cursed so those aspects make more than sense. Especially after Humberto going loco! I was wondering what was up with that!

2. Piggy backing off of the last question, was the ‘Lore’ of this story too complicated? How would you have simplified it?
    It's not and I wouldn't have, I think the story wouldn't be strong enough without it. I love when certain happenings suddenly make sense through complicated routes :lol:

3. I do love me some serious twists and turns in these stories, what has been your favorite twist thus far and why?
    This one is hard.... Maybe the fact that it actually was that complicated! It makes the story unique.

4. Do you have any speculations on where this story is going?
    Well Tati's going to have sexy time with the guy hottie, he's defs Humberto's father :lol:

5. Any favorite CB characters so far? Any you just can’t read yet and would like to know more of?
    I love Bella, she's so much fun and reminds me of my own bff. I would like to know more about Eliza though.

6. The ‘teenification’ of the townies was a huge risk, do you think I was able to pull it off and make them believable?
    I loved it! Sure, everyone would have different interpretations. But this is your story and I love to read yours.

7. Any recommendations or questions you would like to share?
    Hurry up already! :lol:
    Just kiddin', but really can't wait for the next video <3
  • CharmingMaruskaCharmingMaruska Posts: 1,050 Member
    Hey, @Sterretjeee ! I know I'm terribly late, but what tag should I put on the highschool girl I prosimed to create for you? :smile:
    edited December 2016
    @Spottydog714 I love this idea! Definitely participating, thanks for sharing <3
    And we should try @Maladi777 's suggestion as well, sounds like so much fun ;)

#1 Which character would get wasted at a holiday party and end up hum.ping the Christmas tree?
    Oh gosh, this is a hard one already! We've just briefly met him, but it definitely would be Samuel. Farrah's manager.

Well, that would be a spoiler ;)
    For now... The writers of those 🐸🐸🐸🐸 gossips!

Mirjam, she's still bitter about the fight...

#4 Which character would try to get a little too friendly while sitting on Santa’s lap?
    Margo! Just not in the naughty way :lol:
    Simply because she really is that jolly!

I guess I don't really have one of those... yet... >:)

#6 Which character would accidentally tip the menorah and light the house on fire?
    Graham, poor guy would probably beat himself up over it too!

Sophia! She loves stuffing other people, like the amazing (grand)mother she is.

#8 Which character is most likely to ring in the new year naked? And why the plum are they naked in the first place?
    Jenna! She's that kind of girl :lol:
    Because a new-years skinny dipping dive is the best way to start the new year!

#9 Which character is absolutely kidding themselves by insisting they belong on the nice list?
    Ryan (Troian's husband). He's not necessarily a bad guy, just not a very nice guy.

I don't really know whether it's a surprise, but Mirjam ;) Oops! Spoiled something anyway!
    Hey, @Sterretjeee ! I know I'm terribly late, but what tag should I put on the highschool girl I prosimed to create for you? :smile:

@CharmingMaruska You could use @Sterretjeee, but if you give me your originID I should be able to find her as well :)
  • CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    *creepy lurker* I love that Christmas naughty list idea! I think I will steal it to try to revive my own reading circle a little bit :blush:
    snvAF3B.png
  • SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    Those last few things look AMAZING wow

I just wanted to ask, is this reading circle open to new members?

We aren't accepting new members right now. @Jellysimwich isn't active so we could probably accept a new one but we would prefer someone whose story most of us have been already following to make things easier. It is hard to keep up with stories of 10 members as it is. A completely new story sounds overwhelming to those of us who are too busy with their everyday life.

It wouldn't be fair to you if we couldn't discuss your story and plot and characters for the lack of time to read it at all.
    Have you checked this thread which circles are looking for new members? I really hate refusing anyone who wants to join, but ten members of which some actively write multiple stories is plenty of reading. I'm really sorry. :(

No problem, it's fine! :)

Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)
    Yeh Sorry about not being terribly active in here! I pretty much cram my writing when I'm not with my two kids or working on my YouTube content!
  • MarialeinMarialein Posts: 2,885 Member

I guess if Gabriel would be an adult right now it would be him … If not him maybe Shai. I am not sure about that one.

I say Ferro. He just doesn't deserve it otherwise.

Tony, Shai, and Gabriel. They are all not in the mood to celebrate.

@Spottydog714 your sim you submitted for my amazons :p

Hmmm for this one I think i would spoil a bit but Ferro said something like that already so …
    Luna ;)

Maybe Robert. He is clumsy ;)

I don't have one here.

Well, it could be that Luna and Armeni would celebrate it together ;)

Ferro.

Nope. No one there.
  • lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    @everybody I am so sorry to have been out of it .. I so want to come in and answer these questions .. been musing on them as I bake and clean and clean and bake and wrap and clean and ... well you all know. I have a pretty big party every Christmas eve and it takes so much time to prepare for it .. but I miss everyone in here and try to breeze in and out <3 I hope you are all having a beautiful Christmas Eve .. <3 and wishing you all many Christmas blessings!!
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
    Merry Christmas @everyone !

christmas_card.png
    heffners_orig.jpg
    edited December 2016
    Hahaha Merry Christmas @Maladi777 and everyone else :)

What ethnicity (ie, heritage, which country she originates from) is this sim do you think?
    F8tPEYi.png

She's mixed white and what else?
    EkpFDaf.png
    Hahaha Merry Christmas @Maladi777 and everyone else :)

What ethnicity (ie, heritage, which country she originates from) is this sim do you think?
    F8tPEYi.png

She's mixed white and what else?

Not sure whereabouts she resides but if she were in the USA she'd likely be seen as Caucasian and Polynesian/Islander heritage. (Like Disney's Moana.) Possibly Tongan, maybe, Samoan.
    Thank you @Jellysimwich ! She resides in Britain (I don't think ever set a story any where else) but I think I'll go with Polynesian. :blush:
    EkpFDaf.png
  • MarialeinMarialein Posts: 2,885 Member
    Merry Christmas from me and my sims too <3

I let my sims sing a bit for you. Here are from left to right: Ella, Laura, Alex and Selena
    All Sims which haven't found a place in one of my stories yet ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghc5CVmVbBw&amp;feature=youtu.be
    Marialein wrote: »
    Merry Christmas from me and my sims too <3

I let my sims sing a bit for you. Here are from left to right: Ella, Laura, Alex and Selena
    All Sims which haven't found a place in one of my stories yet ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghc5CVmVbBw&amp;feature=youtu.be

WOW @Marialein .. they are good!!

SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
    @Marialein Wow! You always blow my mind with your ideas and creativity. Amazing video!
    heffners_orig.jpg
    Merry Christmas @everyone !

christmas_card.png

Delightful Christmas card .. and no one Dead at my house :) Half dead but that is only me...
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
    edited December 2016
    I hope everyone is having great holiday and here's something for you to read when you're too stuffed with food and can't do anything else. ;)
    heffners_orig.jpg