Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Daily Deal (DD) 2018 Rotation List and Sales Help

Comments

• JovialJoyJovialJoy Posts: 251 Member
    edited December 2016
    KevinL5275 wrote: »
    As I get closer to owning the store, or at least everything on the DD list, I find myself going several hours or even days between purchases. My last big purchase was the Full Hewnsman Set I got for free with a green download, and then the Frontier Finds Kitchen. I have all the custom content and shops except the glass-blowing one. It only comes up once in the rotation and I've missed it every time.

Frontier Finds Kitchen and Dining (a set I adore) was the last DD I picked up, and my next one isn't until tomorrow morning: Pushin' Pedals. So this week has been slow. But next week is packed out! I have 13 DDs to pick up, and the 30th is the only day I don't have something I need to get. After that, it looks like things are going to slow down for me on a more permanent basis. I'm getting closer!
    My Top Five | My Wishlist

If you aren't already stalking the Daily Deals, you should be! Visit these threads to get Store items and Sets with the greatest possible discounts:
    DAILY DEAL (DD) ROTATION AND SALES HELP
    CASCADES & DAILY DEALS- GETTING THE BEST BANG FOR YOUR SP
    FREE ITEMS FROM "THE SIMS 3 STORE"
  • elphieluvrelphieluvr Posts: 119 Member
    edited December 2016
    I stayed up way too late last night farming ads to ensure I had enough points for the Business as Usual Bistro and Pushing Pedals.

Turns out my plane WILL have wifi, but I have to pay for it. Considering doing it lol (partly for the DD, partly because I can be more productive in general with internet).
    I'm Leila, but I also answer to Elphie.
    Wishlist
    edited December 2016
    elphieluvr wrote: »
    I stayed up way too late last night farming ads to ensure I had enough points for the Business as Usual Bistro and Pushing Pedals.

Turns out my plane WILL have wifi, but I have to pay for it. Considering doing it lol (partly for the DD, partly because I can be more productive in general with internet).

There have been so many times I thought about purchasing the Wifi, didn't, and then regretted it. :disappointed: I think from now on, I'm just going to do it.

Do it, Elphie, do it!

Psst ... I didn't see any Pushin' Pedals items on your Wishlist or I would have helped out with that set.

And since I'm becoming every other comment on this thread, I need to shut up now. :D
    Post edited by JovialJoy on

If you aren't already stalking the Daily Deals, you should be! Visit these threads to get Store items and Sets with the greatest possible discounts:
  • ajaxpostajaxpost Posts: 4,200 Member
    edited December 2016
    JovialJoy wrote: »
    ajaxpost wrote: »
    Back then, I think "Second Life" was getting started and a lot of techies were predicting a future full of avatars, virtual relationships, holograms, grocery delivery by drones and being so into science fiction as I was ... it seemed just too coincidental.

I've mentioned before that I was briefly into Second Life. ... and the potential to earn real money through creating content for the virtual world. But as I've also shared, I left because I didn't really "fit in" there. I preferred the cleaner environment of There--which I just found out has been resurrected. However, I'm not willing to pay for a monthly membership. And I don't think it would be of interest to me any more.
    Now, if EA had actually released TS4 as the online environment they had planned, well, the comparisons to Perky Pat do start getting uncomfortable ... and without the need of an actual apocalypse to get us there!

I had no idea that's what was planned for TS4! Maybe that's why it was such a letdown to so many people? Do you know what happened that caused the direction of the project to change? Wasn't The Sims Online kind of a flop?
    Ahh, must admit I don't recall your mentioning Second Life before :(

Interesting that you were astute enough to realise the entrepreneurial possibilities of a virtual world (as pretty much every game company has since with their endless supply of DLC!)

I had a friend who was into it for a while and I am embarrassed to say that I was not very kind about it, or his 'need' for it - I thought he was using it to hide and avoid being more honest in 'the real world' whereas he was probably using it to come to terms with his own issues in a relatively safe space.

I am being slightly mischievous with the Online Sims 4 reference. I don't think there is any definitive proof but if you hunt for references to 'olympus' there are reports of a developer who allegedly worked on it. The story goes that EA were so concerned after the disaster of the SimCity launch and rapidly growing discontent in the Sims community around rumours of an online only game that they had to quickly re-engineer what they could of the work that had been done. The single lot focus, the lack of genuine story progression, the non-existant world editing/creation tools all feed into the idea that it was conceived as an MMO.

ZeeGee wrote: »
    Anyone else a PKD fan?

I am now! Looks awesome.

On the subject of posting, I often don't post because in the past I've dashed off a post that I thought was funny but it didn't translate on a written forum. So I've learned to wait and think about it, then I usually decide not to due to the risk of offending someone who doesn't get my particular brand of humor. :trollface:
    Actually, quite a lot of people are PKD fans without realising it - some of his best work has been made into hugely successful films:
    • Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? - Blade Runner
    • We Can Remember It for You Wholesale - Total Recall
    • Minority Report
    • A Scanner Darkly

And of course the new Amazon hit, The Man In The High Castle.

You are right, humour can be very difficult to pull off on an online forum, but I think we here are understanding enough to cope with the occasional misunderstanding and keep everyone calm. :)

despina53 wrote: »
    @JoeJude16 - I was born the year Dwight Eisenhower took the oath of office as 34th president of the US and Edmund Hillary reached the top of Mt. Everest. I guess I'm older than everyone so far ;)
    I do believe you are ... so far! :)

As I get closer to owning the store, or at least everything on the DD list, I find myself going several hours or even days between purchases. My last big purchase was the Full Hewnsman Set I got for free with a green download, and then the Frontier Finds Kitchen. I have all the custom content and shops except the glass-blowing one. It only comes up once in the rotation and I've missed it every time.
    Congrats on the recent green buttons and may good fortune be with you when the Art Studio comes up again (in a couple of weeks?) - I remember the tingling anticipation of waiting to bag those last few deals by which I could ascend to Owning The Store. :)

• KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    Congrats on the recent green buttons and may good fortune be with you when the Art Studio comes up again (in a couple of weeks?) - I remember the tingling anticipation of waiting to bag those last few deals by which I could ascend to Owning The Store. :)

Nope, I researched it and it will come up at 2am my local time. :( Looks like I will miss it yet again.
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    despina53 wrote: »
    @JoeJude16 - I was born the year Dwight Eisenhower took the oath of office as 34th president of the US and Edmund Hillary reached the top of Mt. Everest. I guess I'm older than everyone so far ;)

@rnramey - You did it again! Happy Birthday, @Pixieydust! :smiley:

@despina53 I was born during his second term, so not too far behind you. :)
    Aww, you're so sweet @JovialJoy, thanks for the gifts. I hadn't thought to put the Pushing Pedals items on my WL.

I'm about to leave for the airport, then I saw your gifts and was so happy!
    Wishlist
  • ajaxpostajaxpost Posts: 4,200 Member
    Heads up for

Steam Winter Sale!

Steam have all the TS3 content at 75% off! :smiley:
    edited December 2016
    So I'm commenting again ... but at least it's not just one comment after my own this time. :p

I am being slightly mischievous with the Online Sims 4 reference. I don't think there is any definitive proof but if you hunt for references to 'olympus' there are reports of a developer who allegedly worked on it. The story goes that EA were so concerned after the disaster of the SimCity launch and rapidly growing discontent in the Sims community around rumours of an online only game that they had to quickly re-engineer what they could of the work that had been done. The single lot focus, the lack of genuine story progression, the non-existant world editing/creation tools all feed into the idea that it was conceived as an MMO.

Yes, precisely! Those are the things (that I've heard about The Sims 4) which immediately made the idea conceivable to me. I went on to write about that but then deleted it--feeling that I was making my comment too lengthy.

Actually, quite a lot of people are PKD fans without realising it - some of his best work has been made into hugely successful films:
    • Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? - Blade Runner
    • We Can Remember It for You Wholesale - Total Recall
    • Minority Report
    • A Scanner Darkly

And of course the new Amazon hit, The Man In The High Castle.

I just finished season two of The man in the High Castle! Even though it came out ... like what ... a week ago? :D Haha... (Have I mentioned that I love historical fiction?) And I've been considering reading the book. It's an eerie, but fascinating, concept to consider--especially having a Jewish boyfriend and being part of a Messianic Jewish synagogue myself.

Something I really took note of was how cultural developments in American society seemed to stop. It's as if they're still living in a time that should have expired maybe ten years prior; without the baby boomers, the hippy movement didn't seem to take rise. And although there is Japanese and German occupation in America, the culture seems strangley ... homogenous, unless you look at the wasteland of the "Neutral Zone." It makes me wonder what innovations we might be living without today if it hadn't been for this "revolution" or that.

Heads up for Steam Winter Sale! Steam have all the TS3 content at 75% off!:smiley:

You can't have games on both Origin and Steam, correct?

Aww, you're so sweet @JovialJoy, thanks for the gifts. I hadn't thought to put the Pushing Pedals items on my WL.

I'm about to leave for the airport, then I saw your gifts and was so happy!

You're welcome, @elphieluvr! Hope your journey home goes smoothly and that you have a great Christmas with your family. <3
    Post edited by JovialJoy on

• Cadh20000Cadh20000 Posts: 730 Member
    edited December 2016
    Heads up for Steam Winter Sale! Steam have all the TS3 content at 75% off!:smiley:

You can't have games on both Origin and Steam, correct?

Any you get on Steam can then be registered on your Sims 3 Store account and then used on Origin, or just left on Steam if you prefer that. Btw, Steam version of TS3 is still at version 1.67 instead of the mostly hated 1.69. However you can't buy EP or SP on Steam unless you have also bought the base game through Steam so it is on your account there. Of course that would only be $5 more so it may be worth it if you are getting much there.
    My current Wishlist.
    My "Studio"

b736bb84-7241-48b2-94de-d977df09cdb3.png
    edited December 2016
    @JovialJoy if you're asking if you can play with the base game on Steam and expansions on Origin or vice versa, the answer is no. But when you buy an EA game from Steam, you get a product registration key upon installation. This key can be linked to your Origin account, and you will then own the game in Origin as well. You'll be able to download it just the same as if you bought in the Origin store. That's how I completed my collection during the Steam summer sale.

(I'm on the plane right now lol. We're taking off soon.)
    Wishlist
  • Jude525Jude525 Posts: 1,699 Member
    edited December 2016
    WOW! I'm gone for a little while getting ready for Christmas and BAM the board goes nuts! I don't even know were to begin. Except to say, quotes are not gonna happen, so just try to keep up:
    1. I think it's hysterical that PKD's full name became Phillip K Plum
    2. I guess the reason I thought I was an elder here is because the young'ns have been sharing so much about their school and job hunting adventures
    3. @ZeeGee, I'm sorry about your disappointment, but I actually got excited when I found out that our little Brit played on my team :D regardless that it has no effect on my chances with him
    4. The dollhouse/Barbies analogy is nothing new to me. I specifically remember trying to describe the game to a friend many years back (original SIms) and finally saying "it's a dollhouse." THAT he understood
    5. It's a clear statement of just how busy I've been that I HAVEN'T binged on Man in the High Castle yet, nor even seen a single episode yet! Joy, I'm only half way through the book, but there are some interesting differences already. Of course, the book wasn't written with the intent to keep itself open to additional seasons.
    6. I realize that the reason I've been going "off topic" is because I have so few purchases to talk about lately, but hate the idea of just sitting around not talking with y'all.
    7. Oh, and Jodi, CLEARLY I did misunderstand that whole seasonal thing. B) Now that I think about it I remember that I knew you were in Canada
    8. Finally, I don't know when I'll get back on in the next few days so.....
    9. MERRY CHRISTMAS
    aka Jude
    I own the store as of 1+7/17/17

My Studio

My build thread in the Creative Corner
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    edited December 2016

Yes!! Steam players, you boot your game through Steam then it opens up the launcher, is that correct? You have to use the launcher to boot your game? Does it double the files in your dccache file by adding the .tmp files?
    So I'm commenting again ...

Thank goodness :)
    JoeJude16 wrote: »
    [*] @ZeeGee, I'm sorry about your disappointment, but I actually got excited when I found out that our little Brit played on my team :D regardless that it has no effect on my chances with him
    *blows raspberry*

I think you both need to hand over your simselves for my latest catwalk project. :D

ETA: That was me POKING FUN at stereotypes, not buying into it. But seriously, I need some CC free simselfs people!
  • Jude525Jude525 Posts: 1,699 Member
    Actually, @ZeeGee, I never got around to making a Sim of myself until a few months ago. Took pictures of my face/head from different angles and worked so hard on it. Finally got it right and when I went to save it the game crashed instead! Haven't had the heart to do it again. After I get the dreamed about PC up and running I'll try again.
    aka Jude
    I own the store as of 1+7/17/17

My Studio

My build thread in the Creative Corner
    @JoeJude16 That would be so frustrating! I did learn (the hard way) to start saving sims to the bin once I've made significant progress. You can always go back and delete the older ones when you're done.

@ajaxpost I love Total Recall! Looking forward to discovering a new author.
    So, the bad news is my flight was majorly delayed, and we just landed 2.5 hours after scheduled.

The good news is, the Business as Usual Bistro deal starts in a few minutes and I am WIDE awake. :|
    Wishlist
  • HoplassHoplass Posts: 369 Member
    Steam Winter Sale!

Yay! Last sale I bought the basegame and the pets ep. I already owned the basegame on origin so gave it to my friend as she was a sims 1 fan too. Now trying to get her to the store too, haha. I'm thinking about buying the university ep this time. :D
  • mycami21mycami21 Posts: 752 Member
    Thanks @ajaxpost for the heads up on the Steam sale. I might just check it out.

With several of you mentioning The Man In The High Castle I think I will have to check that out as well.

If I don't get a chance to get on here the next few days I want to wish you all a very Merry Christmas and equally Happy Holidays (for those that celebrate other than Christmas)
    Daily Deal Thread
    What Happened in your game today? 1000 plus pages strong.

Pictures and descriptions of the Clue characters and of Boddy mansion I created can be found here

Stephen and Sakura's Werewolf/building challenge

My Studio
  • rionismynamerionismyname Posts: 1,154 Member
    edited December 2016
    Me1620 wrote: »
    @rionismyname - It is always great to have even only a brief post from our friends. I have found this thread, and others on this forum, to be very respectful, friendly and caring environment. There are a lot of comments to follow, but it was so quiet over the summer, I am enjoying all the activity and conversations.

I agree everyone here is so awesome and kind I am so not used to that lol
    Unfortunately I am, and you may have noticed it here, one of those annoying and frustrating people who only remembers to keep in touch when they 'have to'. So many times over the years I have thought to comment on something on a forum thread only to think, "no, someone else has already said that" or "I'm not adding to the conversation, I'll wait till I have something useful to say" - and it's the same in OE too :(

ditto
    Tamaek wrote: »
    And I also tend to be one of those people that occasionally I'll pop on and not say anything because I don't feel like I have anything to say. I've been trying not to do that as much, because it occurred to me one day that my internet friends have no way of knowing that I just dropped by. It's not like when your standing in person in a conversation and even if you don't say anything you can at least smile and nod that you agree. Sometimes I'm still guilty but I'm trying but at the same time I don't want to just bust up into a conversation with no more to add than "oh me too!". I do at least try to acknowledge people who acknowledge me. Hopefully I don't offend or annoy anyone.

I thought when I read this that maybe we can just comment something like... happy day all. or something along those lines but then I thought that would make more posts and deter people like me even more lol

and @JoeJude16 as a lesbian that grew up in the 80s I can relate but regretfully I didn't come out till 2004 the 80s were deffinatly scarier as far as that aspect goes lol so kudos to you and your tremendous bravery!!!

and last to those of you that have an OE sim suportive person you are so lucky I long for someone in my OE to relate or suport heck maybe even just say hmm thats an awesome house lol I'm hopefull my youngest will take an interest he liked my latest sim and even named her Violet Rose because "she is as pretty as a rose" wish me luck

now I'm off to try and remember how to change my siggy lol
    I'm a lover not a fighter. I'm a reader not a writer sorry for bad penmanship
    Hug hug huggly hugs
    Rion
    div.gif
  • angeljess26angeljess26 Posts: 2,400 Member
    edited December 2016
    @JoeJude16 I'm the one in a country currently having summer (Aussie here). It's currently 32C (89.6F) here. It's predicted to get to 35C (95F) tomorrow for Christmas Day.
    Merry Christmas Eve
    Post edited by angeljess26 on
    As of April 24th 2015 I joined the own the store club. Thank you to those who helped in my journey.
    DD spreadsheet

Studio

Cause I needed a video for closing credits. That's Scilla Kees in the background laughing her plum off :D She is a contrary sim as she will do what she's told but the minute my back is turned she's sneaking out. :worried:
    @Me1620 @mothersuperior2 @charlotteprice @scillakees

Screenshot-144_zps5pimting.jpg
  • Me1620Me1620 Posts: 4,994 Member
    Earlier in the day, I had a couple of minutes and started typing a post. I changed to see another page before the draft saved. I will recreate the post later because I wanted to mention.

The start time for the deals has changed again. Deals are starting at 4 minutes after the hour. This is because the deals are not 2 hours as they have been for OVER TWO YEARS! When deal 955 started its duration was 2 hours and 25 seconds!!

The extra 25 seconds per deal explains why the time keeps shifting.
    a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • Me1620Me1620 Posts: 4,994 Member
    edited December 2016
    @ZeeGee - :o I never expected that my simself would jump up on the Catwalk with Mosup and @charlotteprice. I can hardly wait to see the video and to find out if we also drag @scillakees on to the catwalk.

@ajaxpost, @despina and @bekkasan - I loved that you played "Guess what year I was born trivia".

@ajaxpost - Thanks for the news about the Steam Sale.
    Cadh20000 wrote: »
    ... However you can't buy EP or SP on Steam unless you have also bought the base game through Steam so it is on your account there.
    ... But when you buy an EA game from Steam, you get a product registration key upon installation. This key can be linked to your Origin account, and you will then own the game in Origin as well. You'll be able to download it just the same as if you bought in the Origin store. That's how I completed my collection during the Steam summer sale.

Question and clarification about Steam. My base game, EPs and SPs are all on DVDS except for Diesel which is downloaded from Origin (prior to 1.69 update). I am still on 1.67 and do not want to change to 1.69. If I ever have to reinstall, would reinstalling Diesel from Origin force me to update to 1.69? If I buy Diesel from Steam, can I used the product registration key to link a non-Origin version of Diesel to my account? I don't want to buy the base game from Steam. But based on Cadh20000's comment, does this mean I would not be able to download and use Diesel?
    Post edited by Me1620 on
    a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • despina53despina53 Posts: 1,654 Member
    Well, Jodi ( @Me1620 ), it really isn't hard to figure out what year I was born. After all, it's in my username ;)
    Call me Dee :p
    Proud member of the "Own The Store Club"
  • scillakeesscillakees Posts: 1,112 Member
    @Me1620 yes, if you ever have to reinstall you will be stuck with Origin. I had all eps on disc (pre 12 base) and stuff packs through Origin. I had to repurchase all the stuff packs on disc. :( I'm not sure about Steam but I understand that you won't be able to purchase anything without having the base game through them.

You ladies look pretty spiffy up there on the catwalk. Nice moves. :D Not a good idea for me to be up there. I'd trip over my own feet and take you all down with me.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top