Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

MayanMysteries - Final - Update July 21,2017

RRArtieRRArtie Posts: 204 Member
edited March 5 in Nominated Threads
MayanMysteries - Update to Final July 21, 2017

screenshot_original.jpg
I have made some accommodations to this world for Showtime and Supernatural. These are fully explained and links to them are given in a separate post below. If you don't play these expansions, the base game is still the one to use.
I notice photo bucket wants money from me. I will re-host these pictures and update my posts in the near future. In the meantime there is a pdf document referenced in the Resources section of this post with all the pictures and more.
Summary
Section to Place World – Island Paradise
Name: MayanMysteries by RRArtie
Tech: Sims 3 base game, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Seasons, University Life, and Island Paradise and no stuff packs. That leaves out Supernatural, Showtime, and Into the Future. WA and IP are essential and lack of others may just leave out a house or change decorations.
Map Size: 1024 x 1024 File Size: 64 MB
Custom Content – No third party custom content, but I used Riverview for its farm objects, decorations and some houses and have created some wall coverings using Create a Style.

Updateded 121/18/2016
Link to populated world with 26 families on Sims 3 Exchange - http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9022262
Link to populated world with 26 families on OneDrive– https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjB9vifjJU2zwzragqrsV0NULj4y
Link to save game with ghosts installed on OneDrive – https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjB9vifjJU2zwzuPpHFPZIitjp8p

Download the file MayanMysteries.Sims3Pack and place it in the Sims3 > Download folder. Double click it or open the launcher to install this world. If you want to see ghosts in the graveyard, then use the save game to start playing. Download the folder MayanMysteries_Ghosts.sims3.zip and unzip it. Place the folder in the Sims3 > Saves folder. When you start the game select this save game to play and either play Matteo Torres or go to Edit Town and select a different household to make active and play.
Theme: A coastal town in Belize on the Caribbean Sea with plenty of scuba diving, fishing, Mayan ruins plus most of the community activities found in a large city.

Story
The Housenfluke Rest story continues - In September 1876 a ship with German, Czechoslovakian, and Austrian settlers was bound to Galveston Texas. They intended to settle in the central part of Texas and start farming and businesses. Their ship encountered a hurricane in the Caribbean and they were blown off course and landed in the two islands that they called Housenfluke and Moldenhauer islands. After recovering from the storm, several families set off sailing further west in hopes of finding Galveston. Because they were further south than they expected, they landed at a small village called Nim Li Punit on the Central American coast (in modern day Belize).
As time progressed, this village became a vacation spot. Tourists were drawn to the area by the interesting dive spots, abundant ocean beaches, ocean fishing and fresh water fishing, and three nice resorts. The four dive spots have abundant, fish, sea shells and occasionally a treasure chest or bottle with a message. The town has most community lots allowing for a wide selection of occupations.
To the north of the town is an old Spanish fort which is currently undergoing renovations. Rumors abound about treasure from the Mayan, Spanish, and the pirate Captain Pillsbury, the dough boy. An underwater entrance to the treasure rooms was closed by a recent storm.
In the jungle west of this fort is a Mayan Cave hidden by jungle and a fog. This cave was used by the Mayan for ceremonial burials and may contain Mayan treasure and some tombstones. Visitors are warned not to enter this cave because it may have traps, is natural and has almost no light.
To the south of the town are entertainment venues, an equestrian center and several large farms capable of raising and training horses or providing space for gardens. At the furthest southern tip of land is a light house built on high bluffs. Below the lighthouse is an abandoned boat house which is fenced off. There is a cave on this lot which may have been used by the Mayans and has a small nectary in it. Another cave near the rocks with Mayan glyphs was used by the Mayan people and may contain treasure. Visitors are warned not to enter these caves as storms and high tide may flood them.
In the jungle west of this village are five Mayan ruins rumored to hold tombs with treasure. The easiest to find is the Pitz Ball Court. This sports arena is right near the town graveyard. Deeper in the jungle and shrouded in a mysterious fog are three more Mayan ruins. Another Mayan ruin is buried under a rock slide. These ruins are treacherous to explore and removing any treasure is strictly forbidden by the local police.
These tombs remain unexplored until this day. Will your Sims family find the secret entrances and uncover the treasure?
Historical Note: It is true that many German, Czechoslovakian, and Austrian settled in Central Texas. The Texas Culture museum in San Antonio tells this story. The last names for these families come from there, or are neighbors or relatives. The first names are random and not intended to identify any real person.

Build Philosophy
I wanted a world which would run on more modest computers than my previous world and load a lot faster than my previous world. I also wanted this world to be playable by those without the full set of expansions and stuff packs. To accomplish these objectives I did the following:
• Built a medium size world.
• Used only Sims 3 base game, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Seasons, University Life, and Island Paradise and no stuff packs. That leaves out Supernatural, Showtime, and Into the Future
• Restricted the community buildings to reduce the number of NPCs working as bosses and co-workers. There is no criminal enterprise, Tattoo Salon or movie production lot and only one book store, diner and grocery. There are several cash registers and professional nectar bars which could be deleted to reduce the need for NPCs to tend them.
There is no third party custom content or store content. However, I used Riverview items. I have used Create a Style to apply custom colors to objects and walls to reflect the limestone geology of the area.
I like to build dive lots and am beginning to build tombs. Both these type lots take a lot of work. For this reason many of the homes and community buildings are copied from one of the Sims 3 games. Many of these buildings are modified to fit the environment. For instance, the Verona Fire Station has a color and textures more appropriate to the limestone country of the Mayans. The commentary on the lot tells its source and any modifications I made to it.

Statistics - Updated 12/18/2016

Community Lots: 57 including Rabbit Holes – 8, Community Lots – 49 including 4 Dive Spots, 6 Ports, 9 Tombs, and 4 Open Lots
Residential Lots: 72 including 3 Houseboats, 4 uncharted areas and 7 open lots
Population: Households that I placed - 26 (plus whatever the game adds for balance)

Performance Warning: This is a medium size world, but has lots of spawners (the usual surface plus underwater and in tombs). It runs smoothly on my portable with a 1.73 GHz i7 processor, 4 GB RAM, and Quatro FX 880M with 1 GB graphics RAM and my desktop with a 3.4 GHz i7 processor, 8 GB of RAM, GeForce 560 with 1 GB of RAM. Both are quad processors and use Windows 10 - 64 bit version. It runs a little jerky, but acceptable on an older machine. This machine has a 3.06 GHz duo processor, 4 GB RAM, and a GeForce 9800 with 1 GB of video RAM. This machine runs Windows 10 - 64 bit version. You can use these examples to see if your computer will run this world reasonably well.

Resources - Updated 12/18/2016

A PDF document describing the world with lots of pictures is available – https://1drv.ms/b/s!AjB9vifjJU2zwz3KNAoUkMKcbNJg
My design notes lists all the houses and community lots and briefly describes them. It has a table describing each family and a table showing the spawners in area of the world and in each dive spot. It also has labeled pictures of each tomb and can be used as a helpful instruction for exploring them. Spoiler alert – these figures completely describe all features of the tombs. This PDF document is at - https://1drv.ms/b/s!AjB9vifjJU2zwzyhFQxVCkSSr6Q3

Status – Final December

I have played this world during the building process. I would build a few lots, add some road, shape some terrain, add some houses or community buildings and then play until I had 20 mistakes or new ideas listed. Then I would fix the mistakes and add more and repeat the process. I have completed all tombs, stayed in most houses, gone to all community lots and tried several families. I believe this world will function smoothly and will be a fun experience and am calling it my final version.
Changes that I have made since the beta was released in November 12, 2016 include the addition of 3 households, two ghosts in the save game, and two new houses. I also added an additional tomb passageway in one tomb. This passage is useful when mummies have been released and may be blocking escape.

Play Tips
I run with modifications to help locate problems and to smooth some of the inconsistencies in Sims and would suggest you use them, if you are comfortable with adding third party content. For my testing I use these NRaas packages Overwatch, MasterController, MasterControllerCheats, MasterControllerIntegration and DebugEnabler.
Note on Dive Lots – A bug exists which occasionally/frequently forces all divers and swimmers in the area to the nearest land when a diver enters a cave to explore it. This occurrence can be reduced by resetting the cave before the diver enters the lot (3 AM for instance) or you can use the modification ShimrodsDiveCaveResetFix155.package. Be sure to read the readme to setup this modification correctly.
Tomb Hints:
• Before a Sim enters any of these home world tombs, they should travel to China, Egypt, or France. While there explore a few tombs and uncover some treasure by following an adventure or going to an open tomb unconnected to an adventure (Pyramid of the Winds, for example). Doing this seems to set a game switch that makes the home tombs generate their treasures. If you don’t do this, many treasures are not generated and a relic required to place on a pedestal to open a door may not be generated.
• Use this travel time to improve your tomb skills such as disarming traps, athletic skill for opening doors and moving statues.
• While in the travel destination buy dry food and shower in a can. These can’t be purchased in the home world. Some tombs require many days to explore and fire traps are always a danger. Some of the tombs in the home world supply limited dry food and occasionally shower in a can.
• A tent or a sleeping bag is necessary to sleep in several tombs which are long and some may lock the door behind the Sim to force forward progress. Sleeping bags or tents can be bought for a home lot in buy mode/outdoor activities and placed in the explorer’s inventory. Tents require a large open space to set up, but two Sims can sleep in one and they get dressed in the morning. Sleeping bags require less space, but the Sim doesn’t get dressed in the morning and continues to explore in their PJs.
• If you score a visa level of 1 and have some ancient coins in these worlds, then shop with the special merchant for Pemmican (special snack), Potion of Liquid Courage (banishes fear) or Mummy Snacks (available in Egypt, distracts a mummy). You may hit some traps, mummies or become hungry and these will help.
• One tomb is revealed by collecting the four map pieces. Two map pieces are available underwater to scuba divers and two are on land. Make sure the same Sim opens these treasure chests because if the map pieces are in different Sim’s inventories, they cannot be combined. However, the IP treasure chests seem to reset with time and a Sim can go back and get the treasure again.
• One tomb is revealed by finding a very rare map in a bottle. Bottles are extremely hard to spot. If you get enough lifetime happiness points, buy the collection helper and set it to flag seashells to reveal seashell and bottle locations. Even with that help the map is rare (I only discovered it once in my testing), so you might have to resort to the “Discoverallunchartedislands” cheat.
• If you spend some time in China, develop the Martial Arts skill because this skill helps a Sim defeat sharks and mummies.

Pictorial Overview - added pictures 7/22/2017
screenshot_original.jpg
The picture above shows the right side of this world. At shore line on the right of this picture is the Spanish Fort. The clouds in the background hide some Mayan tombs. The town is to the left and over the bridge.
screenshot_original.jpg
The picture above shows the central district of the town. In the water at the center is one of the houseboats. Along the water’s edge in the center are several residents and on the left some party spots. The main community buildings (including the business tower, school and sports stadium, civic center, and hospital and research center) surround a central plaza.
screenshot_original.jpg
The picture above shows the left side of this world. On the left at water level is an abandoned boat dock and nectar cellar. Beneath this lot is a Mayan Tomb which can be explored with a high scuba diving skill. Near the water are three nice houses. A houseboat is at one of the docks.

Summary of Sections Below
Tour of Some Homes – A description of some of the homes including house boats that I created for this world
Community Lots – A description of some of the community lots that I created for this world
Resorts, Fishing and Diving – A description of the three resorts, some fishing spots and scuba diving spots in this world.
Tombs – A description of some of the tombs in this world.
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• RRArtieRRArtie Posts: 204 Member
    edited July 2017
    Community Lots
    I have created some community lots for this world and copied other community lots from EA worlds with some modifications. This section will show and describe some of the community lots I created. The tour is led by Matteo Torres copied from IP.
    Pictured below are the Punit Pool (to the left) and Tikal Library (to the right). The pool lot has a large pool, waterfall, bathrooms, snack counter, tables and chairs, lounges, ping pong, and chess. The first floor of the Tikal Library has book cases and reading areas which makes it a nice area for reading. The second floor has computers, a telescope, a science station and an easel which makes it a convenient place to improve some of your Sims skills.
    screenshot_original.jpg
    Pictured below is the Beachside Dance, a dance club. Inside are a dance floor, professional nectar bar, video games, tables, chairs and bath rooms. Outside in the back is nice deck, Ping-Pong table and Portable Gnubb set. The building has rooms at odd angles which models how some establishments grow with time.
    screenshot_original.jpg
    Pictured below is Tikal Games and Bowling, an Arcade type venue. On the first floor are bowling lanes, pool table, and video games. The second floor has chess, Ping-Pong, a bubble machine, a professional juice bar, dart board, photo booth, tables and chairs. A deck on the second floor has outside seating.
    screenshot_original.jpg
    Pictured below is Zwernemann World Goods, a small market. This lot has a book register and nectary register tended by NPCs. Your Sim can buy or sell book or any nectary supplies. A few nectars are in racks and ready for sale and grapevines grow outside and can be harvested when ready. A small bathroom completes this store.
    screenshot_original.jpg
    Pictured below is the Parrot’s Pirouette dance club with swimming pool and hot tub. The first floor has a professional nectar bar, tables and chairs, bathrooms, and a swimming pool. The second floor has the hot tub, a piano, photo booth, bubble machine and McShuffle. Vending machines are on both floors.
    screenshot_original.jpg
    Pictured below is the Quirigua Wedding Pavilion. It has everything necessary for a grand wedding including, a wedding arch, chairs for guest, plus tables, chairs and a buffet table for the reception. Outside are hop scotch, see-saws, a bench and bathrooms.
    screenshot_original.jpg
    Matteo has dropped by the Pitz Game Room (pictured below) which is a celebrity lounge. The first floor has an entrance with barrier and bouncer who can be bribed to let a non-celebrity Sim enter. Once inside a Sim has a choice of many games, some musical instruments, bathrooms, a bar and seating complete this venue. Outside at the back is a porch with tables and chairs and hop-scotch in the yard. An atrium has a tree growing from the ground through the second floor. Some treasure is locked in the basement room off the atrium. A Sim can exit at the gate on the side, but once out may not reenter through this gate.
    screenshot_original.jpg

Post edited by RRArtie on
    edited July 2017
    Tour of Some Homes
    I have created some homes for this world and copied other homes from EA worlds with some modifications. This section will show and describe eight of the homes I created. The tour is led by Matteo Torres who was copied from IP. He carries in his inventory tombstones with remains for some IP families, an SV Sim and some families in this world. At this point in the game he has placed the tombstones in his inventory in the Punit Pitz Graveyard and gotten a job as the mausoleum tender. The tombstones include Medina, Matteo’s parents (Torres 2), Goodwhich, Cat, Dog (2), Horse, Riddle, Ichtaca, Fulkes, Schubert.
    The picture below shows Matteo in front of his house called Mirador Verde. It is a starter home with a nice eat-in kitchen, living room, bathroom with a shower, and bedroom. A lower level deck out the back allows views of the village and ocean below from the house and the deck. The outside wall covering is a recolored metal siding. While mansions are fun, I included 14 starter homes (under $20,000) in this world.
    screenshot_original.jpg
    Matteo is taking a little rest on the front porch of the house called Purple Hangout which is pictured below. This 1 bedroom and 2 bathroom house has an open first floor with a kitchen, dining area for 4 Sims, conversation area with wicker chairs for 4 and a bathroom. Upstairs is a TV room, desk and computer, large bedroom with attached bath.
    screenshot_original.jpg
    Garrett Hasenkamph is getting the mail outside the Light House View house (pictured below on the left). He is by now mid-way through his adult life. He and DeAnn have accumulated a large wealth through resort revenue, tomb exploration and dive treasures. They can afford one of the most expensive houses and the largest house in this world. It has 5 Bedrooms, 6 Baths. I designed this house to look like a picture for a house for sale in Belize. It has an exterior that looks like stucco which seemed to be common in this area. The house is a beach front type property with large decks front and side, large living, dining, kitchen, media rooms off a central first floor hall. There is a large bedroom and bathroom suite on the first floor. The second floor has more bedrooms and bathrooms plus an exercise room. The top floor has a pool table, McShuffle game, dorm room type refrigerator, bedroom and bathroom.
    On the right of the picture is the house named Bygone Charm which is a 3 bedroom, 3 bath house copied from TB. It is a Victorian style house with 3 stories, laundry room, large kitchen, dining, living, and study on the first floor. The house has large porches front and back and room for 1 car parking. The top floor which is an attic is empty. In TB this house has an urn for D. L. Emma Riddle (a name I love – Dilemma Riddle), but I removed it in TB and put the urn in Matteo Torres inventory. I converted an upstairs study to a bedroom and added a master bathroom by expanding the second floor slightly. At the start of the game the Fulkes family of 5 lives in this house.
    screenshot_original.jpg
    Blue’s Cruise is a 2 bedroom, 2 bath houseboat. It is a nice houseboat for parties. The main deck has the bedrooms, one bathroom seating and table. The upper deck has another bathroom, the eat-in kitchen, and some games.
    screenshot_original.jpg
    The picture below shows two starter homes. The one on the left is called the Fuchsia House and has 1 bedroom and 1 bathroom. It has a nice eat-in kitchen and living room in the front and a bathroom and bedroom in the back. The house on the right is called Casita Verde and has 1 Bedroom and 1 Bathroom. It is built in the shotgun style with one room behind the next. It has a TV and bookcase in the living room plus the basics in the other rooms.
    screenshot_original.jpg
    Across from the festival grounds and with a view of the city center out the front and an ocean view out the back is the Pacal Park View house. This house which is pictured below has 3 bedrooms and 2 1/2 bathrooms. The first floor has the master bedroom and 1 ½ bathrooms, kitchen, dining room and living room. The second floor has 2 bedrooms, a bathroom, party deck and bonus room. Outside is covered parking for a car.
    screenshot_original.jpg
    Pictured below is the Glyph Rock View home which has 5 Bedrooms and 4 Bathrooms. At $106,71 this home is located on a large lot next to South Beach (beach) and with views of the ocean, glyph rock and the Last Resort (resort). The first floor has a well equipped kitchen, large living room, a media room with TV, large bedroom and two bathrooms. The second floor has a deck, four bedrooms and two bathrooms plus computer workstations in the hall.
    screenshot_original.jpg
    The house called Casa Azul Claro (light blue house) pictured below was added to give a mid-size and mid-priced ($78,000) option for Sim families. It has three large bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, large living and dining rooms, a large second floor deck plus lots of room for outside activities or a garage. The area between the wings of the building and under the second floor deck has parking for one car (a porte-cochère).
    screenshot_original.jpg
    edited July 2017
    Resorts, Fishing and Diving
    This section shows pictures of the 3 resorts, 1 of the five lakes, 1 of the seven ocean fishing spot and 1 of the four dive spots in this world.
    Pictured below and viewed from the ocean is the Castillo Resort. It is basic resort at an affordable price, about $40,000. The resort has a reception area, swimming pool, resort tower, resort bungalow, a restaurant serving three meals and plenty of space to expand.
    screenshot_original.jpg
    Pictured below is the Last Resort which is available to purchase at about $86,000. This resort was built using the Spanish style blueprint components. It has a reception area, two resort towers, two VIP rooms, a swimming pool, fire walk, and restaurant.
    screenshot_original.jpg
    Picture below is the Silky Oaks Resort which a Sim can purchase for about S87, 000. This resort is modeled after the Silky Oaks Lodge in the Daintree region of Australia. In the front is a two story building which houses a registration area, nectar bar, tables and chairs, and some video games on the first floor. Upstairs is dining with five of the eight types of buffet tables and room to add the others. There is a swimming pool, small gym, resort tower, and three VIP rooms.
    screenshot_original.jpg
    This fishing spot is called Lake Behind Falls and is near one of the hidden spots. It is a large lake oriented to appear to feed the falls. It has three fish spawners, bench, lights, and a bathroom.
    screenshot_original.jpg
    There are seven ocean fishing spawners in this world and some seashell and bottle spawners near the ocean. In the picture below Garrett is fishing at an ocean spot near the Bridge View house.
    screenshot_original.jpg
    There are four scuba diving lots in this world. This picture is of the Lucky Start spot. A Sim can dive this lot with a diving skill of 1. Besides the possibility of seashells, fish, and a bottle with a message or map, there are two caves to explore and a treasure chest to find. Scuba diving is a good source of income to fund the purchase of a resort or better home. In this world all the caves lead somewhere, so a Sim should explore them all.
    screenshot_original.jpg
    edited July 2017
    Tombs
    I have created nine tombs for this world. This section will show and describe five of them and give some hints for getting through them. Several tombs are modeled after actual Mayan locations. If the description below includes historical notes, the tomb actually existed. Otherwise, the tomb is from my imagination.
    The tour is led by Garrett and DeAnn Hasenkamph, a family I created for this world. I am using them to test all the tombs and many other lots. For this purpose I have changed their lifetime wishes to Deep Sea Diver and Hotel Mogul and sold their horse after a little training and competition to check that aspect of the world. I have listed tombs in order of likely discovery difficulty.
    The picture below is an overview of the Mayan Pitz Court (Juego de Pelota). This is the easiest tomb to explore since it is in the open. Be sure to have some athletic skills (3 or greater) because some doors are hard to open.
    The court has modern day soccer goals for Sims to practice soccer. The central building has treasure both inside and outside. Like the original Mayan buildings the outside steps have no handrails. Your Sims need to be careful and not fall off! Two beetle spawners are located on the field. At the left is a Japanese beetle spawner and at the right is a Stag beetle spawner. The entrance to the main building appears to be blocked by barriers, but a Sim can pass through them. Two signs are placed between the three doors. The left sign says visitors are not allowed in the tomb and the right sign says there are no treasures in the rooms. Most signs are hints and sometimes they are mis-information. For instance, “no treasure”, really means there is treasure which is meant to be kept secret.
    Wikipedia says that the Mayan and Aztec played a game similar to racquetball with a rubber ball. They discovered rubber and developed its use.
    screenshot_original.jpg
    In the picture below Garrett is standing in front of the locked gate at the old Spanish Fort and is reading the signs. There are tools lying around showing that the fort is being repaired and visitors are locked out. There are three ocean side caves and all are accessible by scuba divers.
    screenshot_original.jpg
    The picture below is a view of the ATM Cave site with DeAnn about to enter it. The small building at the front right of the cave lot has lounges for resting and a placard. It is a good idea to read these signs because they are normally hints. When a Sim discovers this hidden lot with the four map pieces, the Sim owns a small residential lot, but not the tomb. The residential lot near the tomb has a table and chairs plus a refrigerator for a rest and snack before entering the cave.
    Wikipedia says “Actun Tunichil Muknal (the Cave of the Crystal Sepulchre), also known locally as Xibalba or ATM, is a cave in Belize, near San Ignacio, Cayo District, notable as a Maya archaeological site that includes skeletons, ceramics, and stoneware”.
    screenshot_original.jpg
    The picture below is a view of El Caracol - The Observatory lot with a small residential lot in front of it. The small three story building at the left front of the large floor represents a Mayan observatory. There are no treasures visible on any of the open areas. Between the statues are two signs. The entrance to the building requires placing statues at certain positions. The Mayans would have done similar things to develop their calendar which was accurate until it ran out in 2012.
    Wikipedia says that placement of stones at this site in the Yucatan Peninsula indicate it was a Mayan observatory and provided the Mayans a way to track celestial events.
    screenshot_original.jpg
    The picture below is a view of the Sims version of the Zaculeu Mayan pyramid with a small residential lot in front of it. When a Sim discovers this hidden lot by completing the adventure found at a resort front desk, the Sim owns the residential lot, but not the tomb. The residential lot has a table and chairs plus a refrigerator for a rest and snack before entering the cave. The entrance to the tomb is up the stairs and in through one of the three doors at the top. There are two separate paths spiraling down through this pyramid. The left side is slightly harder and requires more athletic skill and trap clearing skill. Entering one side will lock the other side and at some point the path back is locked and reentry is locked. Bring a sleeping bag or tent, food and shower in the can because getting out is not easy.
    Wikipedia says “Zaculeu or Saqulew is a pre-Columbian Maya archaeological site in the highlands of western Guatemala, about 3.7 kilometres (2.3 mi) outside of the modern city of Huehuetenango. Occupation at the site dates to the Early Classic period (AD 250–600) of Mesoamerican history.”
    screenshot_original.jpg
    The Sims version of the Sayil ruins is pictured below. This hidden spot can be entered by discovering the special bottle with a map. When the Sim finds the bottle, they own the small residential lot pictured in the lower left. This lot has parking, a spot to rest, use the bathroom and get some food from a vending machine.
    The Sayil ruin which has been converted into a museum has two floors. The first floor has a large open air hall and can be entered in the front through any of the arches or wall openings supported by the columns. The second floor can be explored by unlocking each of the three arches. As with all tombs there are treasures, traps, and locked doors.
    The back of the first floor has stairs to a basement and a dive well for entering the basement tombs. Access to the basement and tombs is best put off until the first and second floors are explored.
    Wikipedia says “Sayil is a Maya archaeological site in the Mexican state of Yucatán, in the southwest of the state, south of Uxmal. It was incorporated together with Uxmal as a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1996.”
    screenshot_original.jpg
    Located north of the lighthouse are this abandoned boat dock and nectary plus a closed Mayan cave. The picture below shows the fenced lot. The Boat Dock and Mayan/Nectary cave are locked. The entrance or exit from the lot is through the gate in the upper right of this picture.
    This cave is dark, but rooms light as you explore them. It is a large complex cave, so bringing food, shower in a can and a tent is recommended. The second picture below shows Garrett entering his tent in one of the rooms in this cave/tomb.
    screenshot_original.jpg
    In the picture below DeAnn has grabbed Pangu’s Axe which is available in a basement once you get the proper keys. Also, this axe can be obtained by following adventures in China.
    Once you have the axe, clearing rubble piles takes only one swing. The axe will also clear boulders blocking some rooms in a few tombs and hiding the ninth tomb.
    screenshot_original.jpg
    I hope this tour was interesting and gives you some hints to help your Sims explore and discover in this world.
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    This world looks awesome and will certainly download it and have my explorer sims check it out. Hopefully will have some time this week. :)
  • juncedajunceda Posts: 2,614 Member

Hi! It looks like a great job, it´s so far from my confort zone of playing in TS3 that I feel very much tempted to try it, it will be like a new game for me, downloading and exploring it as son as possible! thankyou very much!
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

I can play at last TS2 TS3 and TS4 So great that toddlers are here!!!
  • HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    This does look wonderful! Hope I can find some time to try it soon. Love the tombs!
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • Greenb70Greenb70 Posts: 1,871 Member
    This looks like a really great world.Looking forward to giving it a go.
    Thank you to all for the nice comments and the "awesome" rating.

Yes, @bekkasan explorer Sims are a good LTW. I have done good in this world with Private Museum and Resort Empire. LTWs of Private Aquarium, Lap of Luxury, Swimming in Cash should work well. I find Deep Sea Diver, Life Style of Rich and Famous, and Seaside Savior hard even in this world that seems to be oriented toward those LTWs.

@junceda and @HappySimmer3, Building tombs was a great experience for me. WA was the reason I moved from S2 to S3. I have been to those worlds many times and still have not explored all the tombs. I think the tombs in this world will last for two generations. I am playing a Sim family now using Kirby Sefcik. This family is my tester family because they have WA experience. He is into adulthood and only explored Pitz, ATM, Fort, Glyph. He spent some time getting married to Alexis Saenz and they have a teen son.

@Greenb70, I hope you enjoy it. In my testing of beta, I have found only a few problems. A couple of terrain tears, the ATM cave has wall coverings gone bad, the Purple Hangout has no first floor wall coverings and the first floor of the Glyph cave has dart traps that completely block the stairs. I thought I had that fixed, before I released it. I will try to put out some kind of a patch this weekend. I am trying to discover the tombs naturally, so progress is slow and fun!
  • PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    This is exactly the world I was hoping someone would build! I'm downloading it and I can't wait to play in it.
  • PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    @RRArtie , although you mentioned in your last post that you were going to fix a few things, I installed the world and had my newlywed sim couple honeymoon there using NRAAS Traveller. They only stayed three days so they only did a little bit of exploring, but it was fun! You can see the pictures here.

Thank you @PalmArrow for the comments. I looked at your pictures and they are nice action pictures. That room in the Pitz tomb with the statue and fire traps on either side is hard. This tomb is a good one for a three day vacation trip.

I built this world to have things to do besides the usual jobs and Sims interactions. Like you, I have used Nraas Traveler to travel to other worlds. I used Twikkii Island by Rflong7 and a Childs Paradise (forgot the author) because they were small. I considered making this a vacation world and in fact some of the larger houses copied from University were intended to be labeled as Basecamps. The drawback was I had no way (at least that I knew about) of providing Visa points and extending the stay. Many of these tombs take days (Sim time and real time) to complete. Certainly the fishing, diving spots and night life are good for a vacation destination.

I have updated the first post with some status and some fixes. See the section on Beta Status. I have to discover and explore the Sayil Museum plus Tombs, explore the left side of Zaculeu and rebuild the world to its final version. This final version will include a little more tomb passage and treasures in the ATM cave, two new households and two new homes. The ideas just keep coming and it is hard to stop the updates!

I am enjoying my testing time and hope others enjoy this world.

Notes on Final Version (Added December 18, 2016)

Changes since the Beta Release
    I made many cosmetic fixes including - Fixed several tears in the terrain. Painted the interior of the first floor of the Purple Hangout. Arranged furniture in the living area of the Double Decker and removed the washer and dryer. Reworked a wall in the ATM cave to get rid of bad wall covering due to my failed attempt to use create-a-pattern to show Mayan Glyphs. Corrected spelling errors in some of the lot names.

I explored every tomb to the end and corrected some flaws. The most import corrections are:
    In several places I had a trigger set when a rubble pile was cleared. This capability was very troublesome because the pile would not clear all the way and if the pile reveals a switch, that switch would not function. I replaced all those rubble pile triggers with triggers from picking up a treasure under the pile.
    Pedestals with a treasure that had a trigger set on picking up the treasure would not work. I put the trigger on the spawned treasure.
    As noted earlier the Glyph Bird Sanctuary cave had traps on the first floor that blocked the stairs to the lower floor. The traps are still there, but I made it simpler to disarm them.
    Several displays were set to expect a donation of anything. This was correct to a donation of nothing.

I added a little bit to this world. These additions included:
    Adding three households – Roderick Sefcik was developed as a tomb explorer in my testing and was added as Mathews brother. Two households, Los Amigos and Babes on the Beach, were copied from IP to add variety.
    Two new empty lots and two new houses were added. Including a one bedroom, 2 bathroom house with a large kitchen at $22,200 and a 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom house at $78,400. These houses were intended to help add variety in different price ranges.
    I added a return path from the last room in the ATM cave. In case the mummies are roaming around and blocking escape, this path allows exit with extra treasure and no mummy threat.
    I hope you enjoy the world
    Did you rename the final world or will I have to uninstall the previous version to install the final one?
    bekkasan wrote: »
    Did you rename the final world or will I have to uninstall the previous version to install the final one?

I did not rename the world. You will have to uninstall and just for good measure flush all the caches. Have fun. There are enough rooms and tombs to keep a family busy with just exploring.

I had a blast exploring the three I did, so looking forward to exploring new places in the final version. I do love your dive lots also! My sims are up to level 8 on diving.
    I had a blast exploring the three I did, so looking forward to exploring new places in the final version. I do love your dive lots also! My sims are up to level 8 on diving.

I am glad you are enjoying the final version and enjoyed the beta. I explored the dive lots and tombs many times as I was testing. I never tired of them. The randomness of the fish and shell fish and the randomness of the treasures in the tombs are probably the reason. Plus even though I knew in general where the traps were and how to get the doors unlocked each new trip through had some surprises since I forgot a detail here and there.

Diving like the other skills improves slower for higher skills. One family I played, the diver (Garett in the pictures above) took almost his whole adult life (YA + A) to make it to 10. He had the Scuba Diver life time wish, but never collected enough simoleans to complete that wish.
    edited July 2017
    Supernatural and Showtime Accommodations July 21,2017
    When I built the MayanMysteries world, I left out Supernatural, Showtime, and Into the Future plus all the stuff packs. I wanted to have the world playable by those with fewer expansions and with modest computers that couldn’t keep up with the load imposed by the NPCs for these expansions. However, when I play I have Showtime and Supernatural installed in my gaming machine. In Supernatural I like making elixirs and the moon phases. In Showtime, I have played a singer and like the dominoes table. I found that the empty lots I left in the original world didn’t accommodate those two expansion packs. To fix this I am posting links to a slightly modified world. No changes to the basic function of the world have been made. If you play Showtime and/or Supernatural, then this version of the world may be more playable. You can also play this world without either of these expansions.
    What I am Making Available
    I have uploaded to OneDrive the slightly revamped world, some community lots, two saved games and documents describing the modifications.
    Link to populated world with 27 families on OneDrive– https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjB9vifjJU2zxR5rF0MkyNae13Vk
    This world contains one additional family, Franz and Scherry Rentschler, who could have Showtime or Supernatural careers or Lifetime wishes. Download the file MayanMysteries.Sims3Pack and place it in the Sims3 > Download folder. Double click it or open the launcher to install this world. Since it is named the same as the original world, you first should uninstall the original world.
    I modified and added some lots to accommodate buildings for these two expansions.
    • At the end of Horse Pen Path is a 30 x 30 community lot which will take the Showtime Performance Park in the bin. This park allows a performance by a level two performer.
    • I removed two empty lots by the library on Beach Boulevard and placed four lots in that space.
    • At 787 Beach Boulevard I placed a 20 x 34 community lot. This lot is big enough to hold Flying V’s from the bin or my Kubenka’s Kolache Shop from Housenfluke Rest. Both are Coffee Houses and can host a performer at level 3.
    • At 771 Beach Boulevard I placed a 24 x 34 community lots. Because all the live show venues in Showtime are large, I built a big show venue to fit on this lot. Zube’s Big Show Arena will host a performer at level 8.
    • At 763 Beach Boulevard I placed a 32 x 30 community lot. Mick’s Karaoke from the bin, a live show venue, will fit on this lot and will host a sim with performance level 5.
    • Behind this lot at 759 Beach Boulevard I placed a 16 x 30 community lot. Senator’s Club from Housenfluke Rest will fit on this lot. It is a private club and will host a performer at level 7.
    • I added a 16 x 20 community lot at 146 South Beach Boulevard. This lot could be used for the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 Wagon or anything else.
    • Off the trail to the falls behind the ATM Cave I added a 20 x 10 community lot. This lot will accommodate Herb’s Herbs a herb garden from Housenfluke Rest.
    I have collected all the buildings I built or modified for these two expansions and uploaded them as a single zip file to OneDrive.
    Link to useful SN and ST buildings – https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjB9vifjJU2zxR-sm-yP0l7qEwMg
    The 🐸🐸🐸🐸 Wagon (SN), Performance Park (ST), Flying V’s (ST) and Mick’s Karaoke (ST) are available in the game and not listed. Listed below are two buildings for Supernatural and three for Showtime
    • Herb’s Herbs is a small fenced garden with several herbs and room to plant other vegetation or add bee boxes. If you are mixing elixirs, it is a good source of some of the herbs.
    • Station Number One started out as a residence in River View. I modified it to a community lot with a Consignment cash register and a Relics cash register. For Supernatural I added an Elixir cash register and some SN decorations on the second floor. I like to sell what I make and find while exploring . It is more fun to sell them at a store.
    • Kubenka’s Kolache Shop was built for Housenfluke Rest and can be reused here as a multipurpose coffee house.
    • Senator’s Club was built for Housenfluke Rest and can be reused here as a private club. It has a basement with games and restrooms, a first floor with food and hangout space, a second floor with more games and a performance stage, and a top floor sun deck.
    • I built Zube’s Big Show Arena to fit a big show arena (ST) in a small space. It has a main floor with restrooms, viewing area and performance stage plus a second floor gallery with tables and chairs.
    Download the file (SN_ST_BuildingAdds.zip), unzip it to a convenient folder, select any of the Sims3Pack files (for example Herb’s Herbs.Sims3Pack) and place it/then in the Sims3 > Download folder. Double click it or open the launcher to install this/these community Lot(s).
    I have two save games for this world. Each is zipped and has been uploaded to One Drive.
    Link to save games with ghosts installed on OneDrive – https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjB9vifjJU2zxSz4IU06x070hfN7
    Link to save games with ghosts and ST changes installed on OneDrive - https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjB9vifjJU2zxS0k874y9UEGWVkf
    The saved game with ghosts (Mayan_ST_Ghosts.Zip) has Matteo Torres installed and his inventory of tombstones installed in the graveyard.
    The saved game with ghosts and ST changes (Mayan_ST_Rentschler.Zip) builds on the ghosts saved game and has the five Showtime venues installed. Franz Rentschler has a lifetime wish to be a Master Magician and is at level 1 of the magician career. Scherry Rentschler has a lifetime wish to be a Vocal Legend and is at level 1 in her singing career. Since this saved game has the Showtime venues installed you don’t have to download and install them as custom content.
    To play either one of these saved games download the file, unzip the save game folder and place the folder in the Sims3 > Saves folder. When you start the game select this save game to play and either play Matteo Torres or the Rentschler family or go to Edit Town and select a different household to make active and play.
    If you play Supernatural, you can replace Station Number One with the modified Station Number One to get the elixir cash register and install Herb’s Herbs on a community lot. Do this in edit town after you have installed these Sims3Packs as custom content.
    Statistics
    Community Lots: 67 including Rabbit Holes – 8 in 5 lots, Community Lots – 54 including 3 Resorts, 4 Dive Spots, 6 Ports, 9 Tombs, and 9 Open Lots
    Residential Lots: 72 including 3 Houseboats, 4 uncharted tomb access areas and 7 open lots
    Population: Households that I placed - 27 (plus whatever the game adds for balance and Torres if you play the saved games)
    Resources
    My design notes lists all the houses and community lots and briefly describes them. It has a table describing each family and a table showing the spawners in area of the world and in each dive spot. It also has labeled pictures of each tomb and can be used as a helpful instruction for exploring them. Spoiler alert – these figures completely describe all features of the tombs. This PDF document is at https://1drv.ms/b/s!AjB9vifjJU2zxSrBdRrwR9pMnJz-
    Photo Tour of the Changes and Additions
    Included below are several pictures with captions showing the Showtime additions in the saved game and the slight modifications for Supernatural.
    A more detailed pictorial description document is at - https://1drv.ms/b/s!AjB9vifjJU2zxS6mw4PFe2vy4GsG
    Showtime
    screenshot_original.jpg
    Pictured above are Scherry and Franz Rentschler in front of their house, Mint Julia, at 743 Tikal Road. In the base game they both have Master of the Arts lifetime ambitions and no careers. If you play the ST save game they have been set up for Showtime. Sherry has a lifetime ambition of Vocal Legend and is at level 1 in her singing career. Her stage name is Becca Vetting (I don’t make these up). Franz has a lifetime ambition to be a Master Magician and is at level 1 in the magician career. His stage name is Hagar the Resolute.
    screenshot_original.jpg
    At Pacal Festival Park (Lucky Palms Festival Park) Franz is chatting with one of his neighbors. After he gets to know her he will pull a coin out of her ear to advance his magician career. The magician career advanced slowly, so I eventually sent him out scuba diving and treasure hunting.
    screenshot_original.jpg
    At the end of Horse Pen Path is a 30 x 30 lot. I put the Showtime Performance Park from the bin on it and rotated the park 180 degrees. When Scherry reaches level two in her singing career, she can audition with the proprietor for a gig here.
    screenshot_original.jpg
    I removed the two empty lots east (toward the ocean) of the library and replaced them with four lots. Starting at the library I have placed 1) Kubenka’s Koache Shop, 2) Zube’s Big Show Arena, 3) Mick’s Karaoke and 4) behind Mick’s is the Senator’s Club.
    screenshot_original.jpg
    The picture above shows the interior of the kolache shop (reused from Housenfluke Rest) a Showtime coffee house. At level 3 in her Showtime career Scherry is showing up for an audition with the proprietor who is sitting in the performance area behind the wall. This venue has counters to purchase something to eat, restrooms, games, a bubble machine, a stage, benches, tables and chairs.
    screenshot_original.jpg
    Scherry is performing for a crowd at Mick’s Karaoke. On stage behind her is Sherry’s custom Ice Cream Sundae stage setup. The crowd seems to love the performance. Mick’s is available for performers at Showtime career level 5 and above.
    screenshot_original.jpg
    The picture above shows the second floor of the Senators Club. Scherry is auditioning for a gig at this venue. Notice that the curtains at the windows are not centered. If you use this venue, you might want to go into edit town and slide them over ½ square.
    The Senator’s club is a Private Club for level 1 and above celebrities. I created it for Housenfluke Rest and reused it here. The MayanMysteries world has two private clubs. I have noticed that not many celebrities show up to them. I have also noticed that all the celebrities are mostly level 1. It might be useful to install a few celebrities in this world for variety. They can be downloaded from the exchange or copied from the Showtime town.
    screenshot_original.jpg
    Pictured above is Zube’s Big Show Arena which I created to fit in a 24 x 34 community lot. Showtime performers at career level 8 can audition for a gig at this venue. Zube’s features a large stage in a 2 ½ story building with a gallery in the front. The gallery has vending machine, tables and chairs. The performance stage is huge with lots of special lighting effects.
    screenshot_original.jpg
    Scherry is performing her first show at the Zube’s Big Show Arena (above). She has an audience of 4 Sims who are loving the show. In the foreground is another audience placed with fog emitters. They wave and flash their phones. This effect gives the impression the arena is packed.
    Supernatural
    screenshot_original.jpg
    I added a small community lot 10 x 20 on the trail to the Falls by the ATM cave. If you play Supernatural, placing Herb’s Herbs on this lot provides Sims with a good source of some elixir ingredients. There is enough room on the lot to plant more plants or add bee boxes.
    screenshot_original.jpg
    Franz is shopping at the Elixir cash register. I added this register in a revised version of Station Number One. A Sim can buy or sell elixirs and elixir components at this register. Just for decoration I added a few Supernatural Elixir bottles on the display shelves. The first floor of Station Number One has the Relics and Consignment cash registers. This floor is the same as for the base game. These cash registers provide an opportunity for Sims to sell any craft items and any treasures discovered in the tombs. I find it a more rewarding way to convert treasures into money.

Have Fun
    I had to uninstall and reinstall my stuff and only partially installed sims3 ep's until I get a new puter. I am downloading the new version as we speak so I can play it when I do get the new puter. I loved this world. I had two of my sims travel to it as vacation world. They both got to level 10 diving and explored all the caves and several of the tombs, which you did a supurb job on. Hopefully only one more month and will have enuff simoleans to buy a new system :)
    I had to uninstall and reinstall my stuff and only partially installed sims3 ep's until I get a new puter. I am downloading the new version as we speak so I can play it when I do get the new puter. I loved this world. I had two of my sims travel to it as vacation world. They both got to level 10 diving and explored all the caves and several of the tombs, which you did a supurb job on. Hopefully only one more month and will have enuff simoleans to buy a new system :)

Thank you for the kind words.

Playing the world as a vacation spot is a good idea. If you come into this world from your home world with diving skills and tomb exploring skills, then you can explore all the Mayan caves off the scuba diving spots. Some of the tombs are easily entered on a short vacation.

The Zaculeu Tomb would be more difficult to do on a vacation. At some point the tomb locks the Sim in, locks the entrance and the only way out is to finish the tomb exploration. Diabolical - I know but fun to build!

Hope your new computer is a great gaming machine. With school starting around here (Texas) in a month, they will go on sale. You 1 month timing might work out to be a good time for a new one.

• StephStebStephSteb Posts: 2,271 Member
    I am playing this world right now and I have to thank you so very much for it. I am having an absolute blast and just LOVE it! <3

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top