Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Novel Idea! Reading Circle B

Comments

• VIRTUALEEVIRTUALEE Posts: 2,507 Member
    swcheppes wrote: »
    It's a little late but here's the advent treat for today! As you all know I do everything Disney, so I've disneyfied us :# Unfortunately I didn't have all our simselves but I could definitely add anyone I've missed if they have a simself. Most of the girls will loo familiar to you, two girls are new Anna and Belle!

Ariel - @lisabee2
    Jasmine - @VIRTUALEE
    Anna - @Leeuska1
    Tiana - @Spottydog714
    Snow - @CharmingMaruska
    Elsa - @Sterretjeee
    Rapunzel - @Kamio
    Mulan - @Marialein
    Belle - @swcheppes
    Aurora - @Maladi777

OU0msya.jpg

OMG!! This is stellar ThankYOU
  • MarialeinMarialein Posts: 2,885 Member
    So I made something special. I got the idea when I made the cover for @Sterretjeee 's Farrahs book "The Butterfly Effect". It is a magazine with some of the most known sim made books, films and games. It is called We love!

The articles have MAJOR SPOILERS of @Sterretjeee Grace - A build Newcrest story, @pammiechick Day and Knight, @CitizenErased14 Dust to Dust and Ashes to Ashes, @Maladi777 Heffner Legacy
    It contains also a reference to @JoieWilder Thoreau legacy but this one is not spoiling because nearly everything in this article is just fictitious
    of me.

If you are one of the mentioned above, please feel free to post the articles with your story / the story of your sims on your thread. If you want to do that please link to this comment if anyone is interested in reading the full version :)

So here we go :)
    I will post the cover normal and the rest in spoilers depending on what you want to read you can take a look at the different ones. And now have fun reading :blush:

LcKGrNb.png

Article Butterfly Effect
    dxbroRe.jpg

l9JXnBa.jpg

Article Rumor
    h5aOdNd.jpg

Article Dust to Dust
    WNfN8Jx.jpg

Article Love & Ruin
    bcNmRrz.jpg

Article Witchly
    5tF9WPy.jpg

The only other sim made book I know is The adventures of Captain Duckhorse but because I know nothing about that except the author I didn't write something about it.
    I don't know if there are more sims made films, books or other stuff. If so let me know ;)
  • CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    OMG @Marialein I love you. :heart:
    snvAF3B.png
  • Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    @Marialein OMG! This is absolutely awesome! It must have taken up a lot of time to do this, but it's beautiful! I like every bit of it. And all the book covers... I want all those books as ccs, especially Butterfly effect. I can try to do it as I did with the Love & Ruin series if you link bigger pictures.
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Wow. I'm amazed by this! How cool! I want all the books, too! Let me know if there are links!

Thank you for including Alex's story. He feels humbled by being in with all these famous books. (And a game!) I will link it, too. <3
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    Those last few things look AMAZING wow

I just wanted to ask, is this reading circle open to new members?
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)
  • lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    edited December 2016
    @Marialein .. that is amazing. Wonderful <3 I am with @Maladi777 It would be so cool to have those in game!

SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
  • Leeuska1Leeuska1 Posts: 59 Member
    edited December 2016
    Dear Ladies, you are all very talented :-)
    @swcheppes thank you for your beautiful picture :-)
    I guess I have today for you another poster for Advent calendar, enjoy ;)

Thanks to Colores Urbanos for cc.

[/tumblr_oijd031RFX1w0q8suo1_540.jpg
    spoiler]
    Post edited by Leeuska1 on
  • JoieWilderJoieWilder Posts: 2,513 Member
    @Marialein OMG I love you! That Witchly cover is awesome.
  • Spottydog714Spottydog714 Posts: 2,518 Member
    @Marialein Oh my gosh, you are so talented! They're amazing! I loved them, such an interesting take on all the stories.

@Leeuska1 We all look so cool! Sixties, right?
    EkpFDaf.png
    Stories: Looking For Mum's Murderer | The Bachelorette | Fifteen
    edited December 2016
    Those last few things look AMAZING wow

I just wanted to ask, is this reading circle open to new members?

We aren't accepting new members right now. @Jellysimwich isn't active so we could probably accept a new one but we would prefer someone whose story most of us have been already following to make things easier. It is hard to keep up with stories of 10 members as it is. A completely new story sounds overwhelming to those of us who are too busy with their everyday life.

It wouldn't be fair to you if we couldn't discuss your story and plot and characters for the lack of time to read it at all.
    Have you checked this thread which circles are looking for new members? I really hate refusing anyone who wants to join, but ten members of which some actively write multiple stories is plenty of reading. I'm really sorry. :(
    heffners_orig.jpg
  • Leeuska1Leeuska1 Posts: 59 Member

@Spottydog714 Fifties - Sixties, that´s right :-) Beautiful dresses and women looked so "womanly"...It was really fun to pick out what suits best...here is a closer view...
    [/tumblr_oijrhszaqk1w0q8suo1_540.jpg
    spoiler]
    Leeuska1 wrote: »
    @Spottydog714 Fifties - Sixties, that´s right :-) Beautiful dresses and women looked so "womanly"...It was really fun to pick out what suits best...here is a closer view...
    [/tumblr_oijrhszaqk1w0q8suo1_540.jpg
    spoiler]

I absolutely love these images!! A great gift love seeing me in sixties retro gear so so cool!
    edited December 2016
    Leeuska1 wrote: »
    Dear Ladies, you are all very talented :-)
    @swcheppes thank you for your beautiful picture :-)
    I guess I have today for you another poster for Advent calendar, enjoy ;)
    [/tumblr_oijd031RFX1w0q8suo1_540.jpg
    spoiler]

OH MY GOSH that is adorable! I love it so much (LOL I look like Lucy)! I LOVE my glasses! Colores Urbanos is one of my favs indeed!! She is amazing! Wonderful job!
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
    I just took this picture and had to share it with you. However, you'll have to wait to learn what Tony is telling Marialein, because next coming up will be Spotty's date. But don't worry, you'll see glimpses of Tony anyway.
    image.png

heffners_orig.jpg
    edited December 2016
    Almost forgot this is the week to discuss cursed beauty YAY!!

I do apologize for the absence of updates, however, we can discuss things so far.

1. For those of you that have followed the original CB story and now are caught up to the prequel, I am wondering if the supernatural aspects of the story are TOO much.
    2. Piggy backing off of the last question, was the ‘Lore’ of this story too complicated? How would you have simplified it?
    3. I do love me some serious twists and turns in these stories, what has been your favorite twist thus far and why?
    4. Do you have any speculations on where this story is going?
    5. Any favorite CB characters so far? Any you just can’t read yet and would like to know more of?
    6. The ‘teenification’ of the townies was a huge risk, do you think I was able to pull it off and make them believable?
    7. Any recommendations or questions you would like to share?
    Maladi777 wrote: »
    I just took this picture and had to share it with you. However, you'll have to wait to learn what Tony is telling Marialein, because next coming up will be Spotty's date. But don't worry, you'll see glimpses of Tony anyway.
    image.png

I am pretty sure my heart just skipped a beat ..
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
    edited December 2016
    @VIRTUALEE

1. For those of you that have followed the original CB story and now are caught up to the prequel, I am wondering if the supernatural aspects of the story are TOO much.

Nah, they're written in a believable way and you explain everything so it makes sense. It's awesome! Everything fits together well, and I can totally see this happening in RL.

2. Piggy backing off of the last question, was the ‘Lore’ of this story too complicated? How would you have simplified it?

No. It was fine. I don't think you could simplify it (I definitely couldn't) and still maintain that same amount of realism that it brings. Also, I love fantasy so lots of 'lore' is welcomed!

3. I do love me some serious twists and turns in these stories, what has been your favorite twist thus far and why?

Err... Maime being Tati's mother. Did not see that coming!

Yes, Tati is going to get with what's-his-face (sorry I've forgotten his name) and then they're going to have a baby boy XD

5. Any favorite CB characters so far? Any you just can’t read yet and would like to know more of?

Bella! She's just brilliant! So funny, great female supporting character, well written.

6. The ‘teenification’ of the townies was a huge risk, do you think I was able to pull it off and make them believable?

Oh, definitely. It's fascinating seeing what life was like for them when they were younger.

Can we have dragons? Pweeeeeeeeeease?
    Naw, just kidding. I would like to see some Bella and Mortimer moments, though.
    EkpFDaf.png
    edited December 2016
    A GINORMOUS CONGRATS TO TWO OF OUR FINEST!! You were given a shout out in SimsVIP today!!!!: https://simsvip.com/2016/12/21/sims-4-best-simlit-legacy-stories/

@Sterretjeee @Maladi777 !! <3
    <3@Sterretjeee and @Maladi777 .. love that you got featured in Sims VIP .. that is wonderful!! <3<3<3
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
    VIRTUALEE wrote: »
    Almost forgot this is the week to discuss cursed beauty YAY!!

I do apologize for the absence of updates, however, we can discuss things so far.

@VIRTUALEE I promise to be back in to answer later today ... post cookie baking :)<3 but you already know that this is one of my FAV FAV FAV stories It was my inspiration to begin a simlit story.
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
    @Sterretjeee and @Maladi777 You guys are awesome!
    EkpFDaf.png
    edited December 2016
    Hi everyone, I saw this: video in my subscription box today and I thought we could have a go, by using our current stories. Since we upload in serial, I think they count. I'm using both The Bachelorette and Fifteen.

Rules:

1) Answer the questions using characters from your current WIP.

2) Do NOT use the same character more than twice.

3) Provide a brief (seriously folks - BRIEF!) description of your plot before answering the questions.

The Bachelorette - a relaity TV show in which Amara goes looking for love.
    Fifteen - a fantasy in which, one year after a death that broke both Violet and Rose, strange and magical things start happening to them. This involves new worlds, in which both meet new friends and enemies.

Also, spoiler alert.

#1 Which character would get wasted at a holiday party and end up hum.ping the Christmas tree?

Romeo - he's terrible when it comes to alcohol. It would be totally something that happens.

#2 Which character deserves to get the cra.p beaten out of ‘em by the Krampus?

Onyx - he's simply out to cause trouble.

#3 Which character is the Grinch this year?

Amara - Christmas will be hard this year considering the fact she's just lost her mother.

#4 Which character would try to get a little too friendly while sitting on Santa’s lap?

Atlanta - she's a huge flirt.

#5 Who would your antagonist most like to tongue beneath the mistletoe?

I'm going to go with Onyx as the antagonist since we haven't really met anyone who is a villain. He would like to tongue Zannah because she is too gorgeous (and feisty) for a creep like him to not want to. So it's a good thing they're not from the same story.

#6 Which character would accidentally tip the menorah and light the house on fire?

Sofia. She's beyond clumsy and knowing her luck, that would be something that would happen to her.

#7 Which character is most likely to bring magic brownies to a holiday party?

Violet. She's in a terrible state right now and isn't coping very well. If any of my characters were on drugs it would be her.

#8 Which character is most likely to ring in the new year naked? And why the hell are they naked in the first place?

Romeo. Because he got drunk and had sex with something - anything.

#9 Which character is absolutely kidding themselves by insisting they belong on the nice list?

Wayne's mother. She's a nightmare.

#10 Which characters would readers be most shocked to find on the naughty list?

Atlanta. She can be a bit of a 🐸🐸🐸🐸, as you will see.
    Post edited by Spottydog714 on
    EkpFDaf.png
    edited December 2016
    @lisabee2 @VIRTUALEE @Spottydog714 Thank you!

Spotty, I absolutely love the idea from the video. It's going to be such fun. I'm onto it!
    edit: this sparked another idea. What about set of questions our characters themselves would answer? :)
    heffners_orig.jpg