March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[POLL] Sims 3 vs. Sims 4

What are YOUR thoughts? Are you all in with The Sims 4 and all that's starting to finally offer? Are you more faithful to the growth and adventures of The Sims 3? Sound off below and let us know what you think about each game and which one you prefer to play.

Comments

• SimmingLoveSimmingLove Posts: 280 Member
    THAT'S HARD! But I'm going to say The Sims 4, just because it's so charming. It still needs a lot though, like more maturity and certain EP'S. But I love the Sims 4 and always will.
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    I absolutely love CAS in TS4 but here's the thing....

I can't make a waterfall
    I can't edit common areas on the map
    My Sims can't walk across the street without a loading screen
    I can't give my furnishings a unique look
    My Sims can't have a long term meaningful relationship without a mod
    My Sims can't now, and maybe never, have a supernatural as a friend

.....I could keep going but you get the idea.

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    edited September 2016
    I absolutely love CAS in TS4 but here's the thing....

I can't make a waterfall
    I can't edit common areas on the map
    My Sims can't walk across the street without a loading screen
    I can't give my furnishings a unique look
    My Sims can't have a long term meaningful relationship without a mod
    My Sims can't now, and maybe never, have a supernatural as a friend

.....I could keep going but you get the idea.

Agreed with all of the above plus ...

* Once you get the hang of how the room coding affects builds, build mode is very nice in 4

however I've chosen to stay with 3 because in addition to what was mentioned above ...

* growing a family for a legacy feels more complete with toddlers
    * editing terrain/landscaping beyond the odd plant/pond can make or break a build
    * being able to casT clothes/furniture to create a certain look
    * matching furnishings/sets for cohesive looks
    * townies don't vanish into thin air within a sim hour of meeting them (Nothing brings out the grrrr more than having your sim meet the perfect match only to have them vanish from the known people panel within the few sim hours they're at work)
    * game play, despite the glitches, is more rounded
    * (this one is coming from my deviant side ;) ) it's easier to knock off sims if wanted/needed

ps, lastly 3 is less cartooney than 4; really can't stand the cartoon world environment they created for 4
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • KnoxhoodKnoxhood Posts: 266 Member
    I love the look of the Sims 4 as well as the autonomy + CAS, but there is something that just doesn't feel right about The Sims 4... I feel like the Sims 3 had way more life to it, I would never get bored playing it, the only thing frustrated me was the stuff that the Sims 4 improved on. The Sims 4 then took everything that was good about the Sims 3 away which is disappointing.
    EA ID: Knoxhood
    VzZNxCw.gif
    PC Specs: Corsair 760T Black Case, Intel core i7 6700K CPU, Asus ROG Maximus VIII Hero Mobo, MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Founders Edition, 64GB DDR4 Geil 2400MHz RAM, 2x 240GB HyperX Savage & Samsung 850 EVO SSDs, 9TB WD Red HDDs, ID-COOLING FrostFlow 240L Red LED CPU cooling,750W PSU.
  • PancakeRhikiPancakeRhiki Posts: 61 Member
    I agree. I love the fact that there is a weather system in 3. I love the fact that a famliy really builds as a family and you're there from birth to toddler to child....all of it. I adore the animals and pets, the supernatural spookiness, and the real customization that comes with each bit of clothing and decorating. I love what they've done for TS4, but it still just pales in comparison.
  • AlexSimzAlexSimz Posts: 155 Member
    I personally prefer the cartoonish look that TS4 has in comparison to TS3. Although I do miss the toddlers.
    KUAOATG.png
    The Holton Legacy
    (Currently on Generation 1)

• PhoibePhoibe Posts: 66 Member

I really like the Sims 4, the sims are lovely and I adore the comic look. But I miss the toddlers and the open world. Therefore I would vote for the Sims 3.
  • AngelEb95AngelEb95 Posts: 1,538 Member
    I did not really like sims 4 when I played the demo, but now I am enjoying it much more since I own the game and can play at my own pace. Its a tie for me but I think I would probably enjoy both even more if I had a better laptop
    attack-on-titan-attack-on-titan-s4.gif
  • ClosetPrince2015ClosetPrince2015 Posts: 210 Member
    Sims 3...
  • HonestlyBenjaminHonestlyBenjamin Posts: 381 Member
    I haven't played sims 3 so I'll pick sims 4
  • CowPlantForHireCowPlantForHire Posts: 6,002 Member
    On topic: Between those two The Sims games? The Sims 3, since it has more to offer for Sim families, even though it started the whole focus on young adult/adult Sims in the series. This was especially true for female Sims of those age groups.

Off topic: Since this is my umpteen time posting in this type of topic, I am going to post yet another Luke Evans gif:
    tumblr_o5wsxjMtZE1umunxzo3_500.gif

tumblr_msl1pmMPdd1sho68to1_400.gif
  • DarkSuperNinjaDarkSuperNinja Posts: 1,204 Member
    Personally, I find TS3 much more enjoyable! Even though I love TS4 CAS, build mode, and the fact you can now put male clothes on female Sims and visa versa, all of them are nowhere near as great as open world, create-a-style, and the amount of content that TS3 had to offer from the beginning! ;)
  • KendranaKendrana Posts: 4,049 Member
    While there are some features that are great in The Sims 4, I still enjoy The Sims 3 more for the time being. Sims 4 is lacking in content in comparison to the previous two titles, but I'm sure it will get more as time goes on.

Create-a-Sim is nice in the Sims 4, but I miss the ability to customize the color or patterns of clothing, hair, and accessories like in the Sims 3 CAS. I do miss the open world feature, which was really nice in the Sims 3 since you didn't have to go through load screens every time you change lots.
  • james64468james64468 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Sims 3 but there is really no need for Sims 3 vs Sims 4. I like sims 3 because it has a lot to do. But it has it cons
    Sims 4 cas is the best I have seen in The sims. But a con is that I can't change the colors of clothing items. I have to work with what is already there. At the end of day a person should play the game they like.
  • SaccadonSaccadon Posts: 112 Member
    Used to think Sims 3 but I've begun to really appreciate what the Sims 4 has to offer. It has superior gameplay no doubt. But it's missing the open world of Sims 3.

I prefer 4 but 3 still has that advantage.
    "It's not about changing the world. It's about doing our best to leave the world... The way it is." - Big Boss, MGS4
  • LegaspiWeaverLegaspiWeaver Posts: 136 Member
    I love(d) Sims 4 & Sims 3, the Sims are smarter in Sims 4 and I love how the babies aren't all covered up in the blankets as they were in S3. Of course they are still things I'd love to see in S4 that Sims 3 had that I had enjoyed. each other has their advantages and disadvantages to them, but I love them both. I can't choose one for the other.
  • egirldesignsegirldesigns Posts: 13 New Member
    open world and downloadable worlds were kind of deal breakers for me. i use sims 4 to goof around and make pretty sims and i use sims 3 for real game play. i just feel trapped in willow creek. plus, by my second sim generation, everyone in the town is dead because there is no story progression and NO ONE wants to remake naars story progression for sims 4.
  • PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    Sims 4!! It's amazing to me now! Now that I got my precious toddlers back! :kissing_heart:
  • Clarkie100Clarkie100 Posts: 1,708 Member
    Both? *runs*
  • lovleady5lovleady5 Posts: 56 Member
    I love the sims 4 because of the custom content creators.
    The skins have been more my-style. I never really found much that I liked in the Sims 3 cc shops.